PDA

View Full Version : Charges filed against Sharper - Rape and drug charges

Patler
02-14-2014, 06:41 PM
http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/ex-packer-darren-sharper-charged-with-rape-in-california-b99205846z1-245562921.html

At least seven women in four different states have accused former Green Bay Packers All-Pro safety Darren Sharper of drugging and sexually assaulting them, according to court documents filed in Los Angeles on Friday.

At least three other women and one man reported being drugged, according to records. Three of the alleged sexual assaults occurred on two consecutive nights in Los Angeles and Las Vegas.

Read more from Journal Sentinel: http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/ex-packer-darren-sharper-charged-with-rape-in-california-b99205846z1-245562921.html#ixzz2tLYbn9kg
Follow us: @JournalSentinel on Twitter

Wow. Seven different women in four states allege sexual assaults, three others allege being drugged. I wonder what the deal is with the one guy?

Kiwon
02-14-2014, 07:18 PM
Sharper's high-priced attorneys think "the truth will set him free" but we've heard that before........I have to sneeze......'In-cog-ni-to'!

They better be good because it looks like the captain of the "Love Boat" is in serious trouble.

I know most people here disliked Sharper but I was always a fan and was disappointed that he wasn't resigned. He played for several more years on winning teams after supposedly he was "done" and couldn't run any more.

However, if guilty, I have no sympathy for him or guys like him. There are groupies everywhere targeting athletes and he could have as much causal sex as he wanted. If he couldn't get it for free then he had plenty of money to pay for it. But drugging women and raping them? That's so low. They deserve whatever punishment they receive.

Even if found innocent, through his reckless lifestyle, Sharper blew a sweet gig at the NFL Network and the broadcast career he spent years planning for. He's done in the national media. Maybe he can do commentary for William and Mary games but that will be about it.

Arrogant, dumb a--.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/2014/02/14/darren-sharper-new-orleans-saints-california-rape-los-angeles/5486639/

Brandon494
02-14-2014, 10:57 PM
Damn I've always been a Sharper fan because the Sharper brothers are from Richmond VA so you know I'm going to root for my hometown boys but if true then fuck him. You have all that money and its not like you look like Patrick Ewing, you really need to drug females to get laid?

pbmax
02-15-2014, 08:18 AM
Is he married? Would explain trying to keep this hidden.

I thought though I read he was single.

pbmax
02-15-2014, 08:31 AM
From: http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/24443194/former-star-safety-darren-sharper-charged-with-raping-two-women

There, he gave each woman a shot, and both women subsequently passed out, prosecutors say. One woman told investigators she woke up naked hours later with Sharper sexually assaulting her. The second woman then woke up and "interrupted his actions," according to prosecutors.

Nothing like providing your own witness for the prosecution. What a dope. If only illegal substances came with a dosing chart.

Pugger
02-15-2014, 09:45 AM
Damn I've always been a Sharper fan because the Sharper brothers are from Richmond VA so you know I'm going to root for my hometown boys but if true then fuck him. You have all that money and its not like you look like Patrick Ewing, you really need to drug females to get laid?

Rape isn't about getting laid. It is all about power and control.

mraynrand
02-15-2014, 10:12 AM
Rape isn't about getting laid. It is all about power and control.

This is true.

Disclaimer: I don't know what happened, I am not accusing or exonerating. Very weird point: Sharper gave them injections? How did that happen?

Criminality aside, these are some very strange behaviors

I thought Stanley Kubrick was dead

pbmax
02-15-2014, 10:14 AM
This is true.

Disclaimer: I don't know what happened, I am not accusing or exonerating. Very weird point: Sharper gave them injections? How did that happen?

Shot of alcohol. They were out partying, he was transporting them from one location to another, said he had to stop at his hotel and gave them a drink while they waited for him.

Joemailman
02-15-2014, 10:18 AM
This is true.

I don't think it was injections. I think it was shots of liquor laced with drugs.

Sharper, once a star safety with the New Orleans Saints, is suspected of raping seven women in four states, all after offering them drinks laced with drugs, according to a court document submitted by a Los Angeles police officer investigating the case. The detective stated he suspected that Sharper also drugged additional people who accompanied these women, increasing the total suspected druggings to 11 cases combined since September.

mraynrand
02-15-2014, 10:23 AM
Ahh, I see. Sharper may be the most notorious Packer criminal since Randall Woodfield

Guiness
02-15-2014, 12:51 PM
From: http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/24443194/former-star-safety-darren-sharper-charged-with-raping-two-women

Nothing like providing your own witness for the prosecution. What a dope. If only illegal substances came with a dosing chart.

I initially understood it to be injections as well, and was going 'wtf?'

Maybe he wouldn't have gotten caught if he hired one of those 'guess your weight' guys from a carnival as a wingman so he got the amounts right? My gf keeps saying that NFL players should all have a handler to follow them around, although I don't think out of work carnies is what she had in mind.

Guiness
02-15-2014, 01:02 PM
Bail set at $200K, prosecution wants it raised to $10M because the crimes cross state borders, and I assume because he also has means. This is looking bad, methinks he'd be well served to absorb the $200K hit and head for a country without an extradition treaty, because it looks like he's going away for a long time.

No way there is this much evidence spread across that many people, locations, etc and he's innocent. I have to wonder as this builds if stories about his behavior in GB might start to surface.

Joemailman
02-15-2014, 02:24 PM
Bail set at $200K, prosecution wants it raised to $10M because the crimes cross state borders, and I assume because he also has means. This is looking bad, methinks he'd be well served to absorb the $200K hit and head for a country without an extradition treaty, because it looks like he's going away for a long time.

No way there is this much evidence spread across that many people, locations, etc and he's innocent. I have to wonder as this builds if stories about his behavior in GB might start to surface.

It's possible. TT was Director of Pro Personnel during Sharper's first 2 years in Green Bay, and didn't hesitate much before getting rid of him when he came back as GM in 2005. The reason given was that he wanted Sharper to take a pay cut, but I wonder if the real reason was that he wanted Sharper to leave. I had the impression at the time that they just didn't want Sharper around, but wasn't sure why.

Brandon494
02-15-2014, 02:34 PM
TT got rid of Sharper because he was overpaid, couldn't tackle, and at the time was injury prone.

Patler
02-15-2014, 03:05 PM

If he posts bail, I suspect he will have to turnover his passport as well. No way they give him an easy chance to leave the country with that many potential charges in his future.

Patler
02-15-2014, 03:14 PM
It's possible. TT was Director of Pro Personnel during Sharper's first 2 years in Green Bay, and didn't hesitate much before getting rid of him when he came back as GM in 2005. The reason given was that he wanted Sharper to take a pay cut, but I wonder if the real reason was that he wanted Sharper to leave. I had the impression at the time that they just didn't want Sharper around, but wasn't sure why.

Kind of makes you wonder now, doesn't it? The story at the time was that TT wanted him to take a huge pay cut million, from total compensation of $6 million down to $2. Not too often you see someone agree to 1/3 what they were due. I assumed they figured he was done physically, but maybe they just didn't want him around.

Rastak
02-15-2014, 04:02 PM
Sharper's high-priced attorneys think "the truth will set him free" but we've heard that before........I have to sneeze......'In-cog-ni-to'!

They better be good because it looks like the captain of the "Love Boat" is in serious trouble.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/2014/02/14/darren-sharper-new-orleans-saints-california-rape-los-angeles/5486639/

Fred Smoot was the captain of that ship, your memory is a little hazy.

I agree with people that 7 allegations from 4 states leaves one by default to believe there is a crime here. He'll have his day in court but me thinks his next conquest will be bubba in the cell next door.

Guiness
02-15-2014, 05:30 PM
Kind of makes you wonder now, doesn't it? The story at the time was that TT wanted him to take a huge pay cut million, from total compensation of $6 million down to $2. Not too often you see someone agree to 1/3 what they were due. I assumed they figured he was done physically, but maybe they just didn't want him around.

Yup, and I'd lean towards TT wanting him out. There was some debate around here at the time about how bad the Pack's cap situation was, and if Sharper was really as done as the offer indicated. I think he wasn't, TT knew he would get his money elsewhere and was anxious to see the taillights of his car.

Guiness
02-15-2014, 05:38 PM
If he posts bail, I suspect he will have to turnover his passport as well. No way they give him an easy chance to leave the country with that many potential charges in his future.

Meh. There are ways and there are ways. A passport prevents commercial air travel, that's about it. Hernandez had plenty of notice the walls were closing in and should've known enough to get out (he thought he was invincible). Sharper is a bit older and one would think, wiser. In his shoes I'd be leaving Dodge, and handing over $200K and a passport would seem like a fricken bargain to me.

edit: I notice you said east chance to leave the country, so you well know he wouldn't have too much trouble.

Patler
02-15-2014, 06:45 PM
Meh. There are ways and there are ways. A passport prevents commercial air travel, that's about it. Hernandez had plenty of notice the walls were closing in and should've known enough to get out (he thought he was invincible). Sharper is a bit older and one would think, wiser. In his shoes I'd be leaving Dodge, and handing over $200K and a passport would seem like a fricken bargain to me.

edit: I notice you said east chance to leave the country, so you well know he wouldn't have too much trouble.

Yes, I wrote "easy chance" for a reason; there is always a way to do things, but it can be expensive. Leaving the country isn't the problem, entering a new one causes the difficulty, and the expense.

Rastak
02-15-2014, 08:02 PM

When he was with the Packers I thought he was kind of a moron. When the Vikings signed him they had such safety problems I was semi ok with it. He played pretty well during his time in Minnesota and seemed like a decent guy. Of course I had always looked up to OJ Simpson too and look where that got me..... :-D

call_me_ishmael
02-15-2014, 08:46 PM
This whole thing is just sad. It's also very surprising. Wow. What a slime bag. How hard would it be for a rich, good lookin' guy to get laid the regular way?

PaCkFan_n_MD
02-15-2014, 09:14 PM
Maybe he forgot his cup one game and one of his nuts exploded. That would be embarrassing for someone to see. I give his lawyer permission to use that at his hearing.

Guiness
02-16-2014, 01:00 AM
Yes, I wrote "easy chance" for a reason; there is always a way to do things, but it can be expensive. Leaving the country isn't the problem, entering a new one causes the difficulty, and the expense.

Possibly, yes. I've got some limited experience there, and can say that you can get yourself into Nigeria pretty inexpensively. Question is, do you really want to be there?

I imagine John McAfee could hook him up in a slightly nicer place somewhere in South America!

gbgary
02-16-2014, 10:20 AM
sounds like he'll be wearing "the new black" for a very long time. #predator

MadtownPacker
02-16-2014, 04:57 PM
I just want to say one thing to Harvey Wallbanger.

I told you so.

pbmax
02-16-2014, 06:44 PM
I just want to say one thing to Harvey Wallbanger.

I told you so.

Bump?

Freak Out
02-17-2014, 01:15 PM
I'm not surprised at all....sex can drive men to do some stupid shit....and drive some men to do horrific things. He just happens to be a former Packer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V4UWxlVvT1A

Freak Out
02-17-2014, 01:16 PM
Oh wait.....was that video appropriate for the Packer Page? :) :)

mraynrand
02-17-2014, 02:02 PM
you can get yourself into Nigeria pretty inexpensively.

apparently the hardest part about Nigeria is getting 20 million out of the country, especially if you are a wealthy foreigner.

mraynrand
02-17-2014, 02:06 PM

That was weird

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4jeSc7MOlus

Guiness
02-17-2014, 02:57 PM
apparently the hardest part about Nigeria is getting 20 million out of the country, especially if you are a wealthy foreigner.

20 million what?

I commonly carried a couple hundred K...Naira. 20 million Naira is a good down payment on a middle class house in a nice neighborhood :)

Reading back, it looks like I'm condoning the idea of Sharper making a run for it. Let me clarify, I hope like hell he does the time coming to him, I was just building a hypothetical situation (see my sig!) as to what he could do to expand his options at this point!

MadtownPacker
02-19-2014, 01:04 PM
Bump?
Nah, by now Harvey has burned his #42 jersey (shocking, sharper getting burned huh). I'm too classy to thread bump. Oh wait, no I'm not. Let me see what I can find.

Cheesehead Craig
02-21-2014, 08:27 AM
I heard it's up to 13 women who have now filed charges. He's going bye bye for a long time.

KYPack
02-21-2014, 09:33 AM
Did a few of these babes drop the charges, but they got other women to make new ones?

I thought I heard something like that on sports radio.

13 date rapes?

I doubt that would be worth all that work.

Fritz
02-21-2014, 09:45 AM
How does one escape charges when there are thirteen women making the claim?

pbmax
02-21-2014, 09:52 AM
Did a few of these babes drop the charges, but they got other women to make new ones?

I thought I heard something like that on sports radio.

13 date rapes?

I doubt that would be worth all that work.

There is a case with two women in Miami that also involved Jamie Sharper that has been re-opened due to discoveries of the other cases. The case was not pressed because it was unclear from physical evidence that an assault took place though the women said when they woke up, one of the brothers was undressed and behaving inappropriately.

Now that they suspect Sharper was drugging women elsewhere (both women in this report had fallen asleep), they might have a crime with some evidence if they still have the medical samples.

bobblehead
02-21-2014, 10:36 AM
Maybe he forgot his cup one game and one of his nuts exploded. That would be embarrassing for someone to see. I give his lawyer permission to use that at his hearing.

After the recent "afluenza" defense I wouldn't be shocked if he tries it.

Kiwon
02-27-2014, 05:42 PM
Wow. Seven different women in four states allege sexual assaults, three others allege being drugged. I wonder what the deal is with the one guy?

Update: Under investigation for nine rapes in five states.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/2014/02/27/darren-sharper-date-rape-charges-new-orleans-los-angeles/5875411/

Guiness
02-27-2014, 05:53 PM
Update: Under investigation for nine rapes in five states.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/2014/02/27/darren-sharper-date-rape-charges-new-orleans-los-angeles/5875411/

Was just coming to post a similar link from PFT - 2 more added to the list.
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/02/27/darren-sharper-accused-of-two-more-rapes-arrest-warrant-issued/

mraynrand
02-27-2014, 06:22 PM
I think it's official - Sharper has set a new NFL assault record, breaking the old record set by Dave Maggot.

woodbuck27
02-27-2014, 10:10 PM
I'm not surprised at all....sex can drive men to do some stupid shit....and drive some men to do horrific things. He just happens to be a former Packer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V4UWxlVvT1A

Another take on the theme "Mean Streets".

" You don't make up for your sins in church; you do it in the streets; you do it at home.

The rest is bullshit, and you know it."

From the critically claimed third feature film of director Martin Scorsese entitled ... "Mean Streets".

Mean Streets is a powerful tale of urban sin and guilt that marks Scorsese's arrival as an important cinematic voice and features electrifying performances from Harvey Keitel and Robert De Niro.

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/mean_streets/

"Mean Streets" Trailer

red
02-27-2014, 10:16 PM
you would think that after the lawyers fees and the cost of the date rape drugs and whatnot, that it would have just been cheaper to move to vegas and get a new call girl every night

they pretty much let you do anything to them, and its all legal

woodbuck27
02-27-2014, 10:32 PM

Heck Freak Out ... this is an Outlaw Forum.

Your aware of the thread "the Ugly Truth" over in Romper Room. That was just recently dug up last month; after 917 days on the shelf by our distinguished member mraynrand.

That thread clearly establishes that fact of life and posting here at Packerrats.

We're an Outlaw Forum. Yahoo ! :!:

On topic....I hope that Darren Sharper gets his ass kicked in. I never trusted that grinning face.

I especially never enjoyed him on NFL Access. I read him as a creep.

pbmax
03-06-2014, 06:20 PM
http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/2014/03/06/darren-sharper-date-rape-charges-los-angeles-new-orleans/6137739/

Sharper told witness that sex was non-consenual, according to the police.

red
03-06-2014, 06:41 PM
http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/2014/03/06/darren-sharper-date-rape-charges-los-angeles-new-orleans/6137739/

Sharper told witness that sex was non-consenual, according to the police.

oh, well that probably wasn't smart

Kiwon
03-06-2014, 08:21 PM
Sharper is toast now. His only chance for leniency and winning back some public opinion is coming out as a troubled, closeted gay or transgender during his playing days.

All it would take is some creative storytelling and he'll have a legion of activists working on his behalf.

smuggler
03-06-2014, 08:40 PM
I'm not sure if that tidbit would pass as evidence. But damn, I saw today that he's facing life in prison for the Louisiana rapes. They take that shit seriously there. Child murderers face less than that.

mraynrand
03-06-2014, 10:10 PM
Johnny Cockroach is dead, and the "If it doesn't fit, you must acquit" defense won't work in these cases.

http://graphics8.nytimes.com/images/2005/03/29/national/29coch2.184.jpg

Kiwon
03-06-2014, 11:10 PM
I'm not sure if that tidbit would pass as evidence. But damn, I saw today that he's facing life in prison for the Louisiana rapes. They take that shit seriously there. Child murderers face less than that.

No cases in Virginia to date. Good thing because Virginia doesn't play around either - "Class 2 felonies, including second-degree murder, manslaughter, malicious wounding, rape, robbery, abduction, burglary with intent to assault, have a punishment range from 20 years to life and a $100,000 fine."

Read more: http://www.ehow.com/about_5521798_virginia-sentencing-guidelines.html#ixzz2vFargzHm

pbmax
03-07-2014, 07:45 AM
Just like agents broadcasting the overall numbers of a new contract, never believe press reports about the maximum jail term and fine prior to court. Its always high and its almost always wrong.

Sharper might be one of the exceptions, because he is facing charges in multiple states for multiple offenses. It would not be unexpected that one of the jurisdictions won't let their sentence run concurrently. The other problem he has is that as a first time offender, he would be in far better shape. but several of these prosecutions will take likely take place while he is not.

Guiness
03-07-2014, 12:11 PM
Just like agents broadcasting the overall numbers of a new contract, never believe press reports about the maximum jail term and fine prior to court. Its always high and its almost always wrong.

Sharper might be one of the exceptions, because he is facing charges in multiple states for multiple offenses. It would not be unexpected that one of the jurisdictions won't let their sentence run concurrently. The other problem he has is that as a first time offender, he would be in far better shape. but several of these prosecutions will take likely take place while he is not.

As stated earlier, I'm mostly surprised he's still in the country.

Kiwon
03-07-2014, 08:38 PM

I think the climate is changing regarding rape sentences and rightfully so. Besides being the majority at most universities, women in America have more autonomy and positions of power than ever before. As the poster boy for drugs and date rape, activists will insist that he be punished severely. The general public will as well. Just watch. Gloria Allred is the attorney for one of the L.A. women so you know that this case will be tried in the court of public opinion first. Rightly or wrongly, the public will be convinced that Sharper is a monster before any verdict is given in the first trial.

Sharper's minority status won't help him and neither will his past NFL career. The American public loves to build up its heroes and they love to tear them down too. Other than the fact that he can hire high-priced attorneys, all the advantages that Sharper had before will work against him.

Sharper is a complete dumb ass. He had the notoriety, looks, and money to have a different woman every night if he wanted to. If guilty, to have resorted to drugging nine women in five states over such a short period of time strongly indicates that he's probably been a serial rapist for years. Police across the country need to check their unsolved rape cases and compare the timelines to where Sharper was. If guilty, and he did it nine times, the probability that he did it more than nine times is very high.

Joemailman
03-12-2014, 07:03 PM
The Darren Sharper Tour hits Arizona as he has now been indicted there. http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/24480187/darren-sharper-indicted-on-two-sexual-assault-charges-in-arizona

bobblehead
03-12-2014, 08:10 PM
Johnny Cockroach is dead, and the "If it doesn't fit, you must acquit" defense won't work in these cases.

http://graphics8.nytimes.com/images/2005/03/29/national/29coch2.184.jpg

You just put a bad image in my brain of judge Ito telling Sharper to try on the condom for the jury.

Kiwon
03-13-2014, 05:41 AM
Sharper's Twitter account is still active.

https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/3724934621/ba0503256cf0993c6e48ec75a03f228d_bigger.jpeg

Darren Sharper ‏@sharper42 Jan 12 - What was that??

--2. Bruce Hall ‏@brucehallsports Jan 12 - @sharper42 @FieldGulls 5th grade recess after lunch!!
--3. That Blame Guy ‏@ImToBlame Mar 7 - Prolly rape. Just my guess RT @sharper42: What was that??
--4. The Man ‏@SirTrillington Mar 12 - A conviction RT @sharper42: What was that??
--5. Kiwon ‏@HanKiwon - The cops banging on your door! RT @sharper42: What was that??

red
03-13-2014, 08:44 AM
i really hope he raped some chicks in texas too

i'd like to see him get old sparky for all this shit. or do they still hang criminals there?

woodbuck27
03-14-2014, 02:24 AM
i really hope he raped some chicks in texas too

i'd like to see him get old sparky for all this shit. or do they still hang criminals there?

Here Ole Sparky !

https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSAw2WmZCFIsIIGIVD8DifeQcSYPusGb DAKMpEq0-z7E0OAs2Zjxg

woodbuck27
03-14-2014, 02:29 AM
http://www.tmz.com/2014/03/07/darren-sharper-ex-girlfriend-perfect-gentleman-nothing-suspicious/

He Was A Perfect Gentleman

I Never Saw Anything Suspicious

3/7/2014 12:45 AM PST

BY: TMZ STAFF

http://ll-media.tmz.com/2014/02/20/0220-darren-sharper-tmz-4.jpg

"... The woman tells us she found it "weird" when she heard about the allegations against Sharper in 5 states because "most women who would ask me about him would drop their drawers for him in a second." ... "

MadtownPacker
03-14-2014, 12:48 PM
I am positive Harvey Wallbanger would drop his drawers in a second too!

woodbuck27
03-14-2014, 07:30 PM
I am positive Harvey Wallbanger would drop his drawers in a second too!

Harvey's fond of Darren?

Kiwon
03-27-2014, 04:31 AM
More on Sharper and the use of Ambien.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/2014/03/26/darren-sharper-ambien-zolpidem-insomnia-date-rape-case/6930621/

channtheman
03-27-2014, 10:26 AM
Man, from "one of the most hardest hitting safeties in da league" to this. SMH.

denverYooper
03-27-2014, 10:37 AM
Man, from "one of the most hardest hitting safeties in da league" to this. SMH.

He really went downhill after Greg Jemmings pwned him on a broken leg.

red
03-27-2014, 10:47 AM
He really went downhill after Greg Jemmings pwned him on a broken leg.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1P0yfq2wDvU

fuck you gumby

channtheman
03-27-2014, 04:24 PM
Yeah gumby, fuck you.

PaCkFan_n_MD
03-27-2014, 05:18 PM
Last play of the game and you win 49-20 lol. Yeah put the team on his back.

channtheman
03-27-2014, 07:17 PM
Last play of the game and you win 49-20 lol. Yeah put the team on his back.

:lol: That whole video has to be a joke, or some clever advertising by Vizio.

pbmax
04-15-2014, 10:02 AM
http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/ex-packer-teammates-stunned-by-darren-sharper-case-b99247254z1-255264291.html?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

This article was referred to before for Tyrone Williams statement about the "worst thing ever", but I find it interesting for a couple of other reasons.

1. The Packer locker room would have seemed to be a confusing place to get advice from, especially if you are listening to Freeman. I think Free has something to say about young Sharper's attitude, but saying its a collegiate one doesn't really do a good job describing it. He then subverts that critique by launching into the theory that the unknown (to him) friend is the outlet for the change in behavior. Is Free simply trying hard to make it look like he is saying something profound when he is simply asserting that Sharper wasn't like that when he knew him?

2. Butler, while repeating a line of thought often heard on this board, that Sharper had easy and plentiful access to women, doesn't seem to see the other side of that as a problem. While Butler is settled down with four kids, Sharper might still be expecting the same treatment he experienced as a player (plentiful choices, no commitments) to continue.

mraynrand
04-15-2014, 10:07 AM
http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/ex-packer-teammates-stunned-by-darren-sharper-case-b99247254z1-255264291.html?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

This article was referred to before for Tyrone Williams statement about the "worst thing ever", but I find it interesting for a couple of other reasons.

1. The Packer locker room would have seemed to be a confusing place to get advice from, especially if you are listening to Freeman. I think Free has something to say about young Sharper's attitude, but saying its a collegiate one doesn't really do a good job describing it. He then subverts that critique by launching into the theory that the unknown (to him) friend is the outlet for the change in behavior. Is Free simply trying hard to make it look like he is saying something profound when he is simply asserting that Sharper wasn't like that when he knew him?

2. Butler, while repeating a line of thought often heard on this board, that Sharper had easy and plentiful access to women, doesn't seem to see the other side of that as a problem. While Butler is settled down with four kids, Sharper might still be expecting the same treatment he experienced as a player (plentiful choices, no commitments) to continue.

Neither Butler nor Freeman do 'profound' all that well.

Kiwon
04-16-2014, 05:38 AM
The hometown folks remember and react to the charges against Darren Sharper.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/2014/04/15/darren-sharper-date-rapes-hermitage-high-school/7754427/

MadtownPacker
04-16-2014, 10:34 AM
Day 62 of the crisis and Harvey Wallbanger has still not posted in this thread.

mraynrand
04-16-2014, 10:45 AM
The hometown folks remember and react to the charges against Darren Sharper.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/2014/04/15/darren-sharper-date-rapes-hermitage-high-school/7754427/

"He always had a smile on his face"

Just like Donald Driver!

If I never hear that phrase "He always had a smile on his face" again, it will be too soon. I prefer someone with a sour, cynical look on their face.

Guiness
04-16-2014, 10:47 AM

Just like Donald Driver!

If I never hear that phrase "He always had a smile on his face" again, it will be too soon. I prefer someone with a sour, cynical look on their face.

The oh so fine line between 'a smile on his face' and 'shit eating grin'.

pbmax
04-16-2014, 12:00 PM
The oh so fine line between 'a smile on his face' and 'shit eating grin'.

In both cases the only response: "What's HE so happy about!?"

Kiwon
04-16-2014, 12:11 PM

Just like Donald Driver!

And speaking of cynical.....maybe one of us should make the joke that we know that he got a good grade in Chemistry. Or maybe we shouldn't.

pbmax
04-16-2014, 06:40 PM
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2013700-who-is-darren-sharper-date-rape-allegations-raise-serious-questions

This one is a pretty exhaustive recounting of each of the encounters for which he is now being investigated. Several of them have some holes in testimony, others are scant on details. At least two look pretty thorough from 10,000 feet. Together, it looks damming, but isolated could be a much different story.

Fact is, with so many charges, his odds on jail time are pretty good.

pbmax
04-16-2014, 06:48 PM
Also from same article, more Ron Wolf porn:

Coach Mike Holmgren benched Sharper early in his rookie season for blowing a special teams play. Holmgren pulled Sharper aside. “Son,” Holmgren said, “you won’t be in this league long if you keep playing like that.”

Holmgren benched him for two games and planned to bench him longer until Wolf intervened and told Holmgren they needed to see what Sharper could do. On a Thursday night game, Sharper intercepted a pass and returned it for a touchdown.

mraynrand
04-17-2014, 01:21 AM
Holmgren benched him for two games and planned to bench him longer until Wolf intervened and told Holmgren they needed to see what Sharper could do. On a Thursday night game, Sharper intercepted a pass and returned it for a touchdown.

Incorrect porn. It was a Sunday night game. I was there. Against Detroit in Lambeau. Sharper's INT ended up being the game-winner.

woodbuck27
04-18-2014, 07:56 AM
http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/2014/04/17/sharpers-attorneys-to-question-arizona-evidence/7812769/

Sharper loses Arizona bid to be released on bail

AP 8:15 p.m. EDT April 17, 2014

Kiwon
04-18-2014, 11:32 AM
http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/2014/04/17/sharpers-attorneys-to-question-arizona-evidence/7812769/
Sharper loses Arizona bid to be released on bail

Sharper made not see freedom again for a very long time. Too many charges in too many states.

Guiness
04-18-2014, 11:51 AM
Sharper made not see freedom again for a very long time. Too many charges in too many states.

I said it before and I'll say it again - I can't believe he didn't do a runner. Maybe he believed he was untouchable? He'd be a lot better off in a country without an extradition treaty...

Kiwon
04-18-2014, 10:10 PM
I said it before and I'll say it again - I can't believe he didn't do a runner. Maybe he believed he was untouchable? He'd be a lot better off in a country without an extradition treaty...

Yeah, desperate people do desperate things. Sharper's smart and charismatic enough to pull it off.....for awhile.

When I said that I doubt he'll be free again for a long time, I was thinking about him facing charges in five states and the length of time it would take to process each one. Because everyone assumes that he is guilty he's become the fallen NFL star that people love to hate. A local prosecutor or judge would face a serious public backlash if he let him go free pre-trial.

This guy has completely ruined his life.

Guiness
04-18-2014, 10:46 PM
Yeah, desperate people do desperate things. Sharper's smart and charismatic enough to pull it off.....for awhile.

When I said that I doubt he'll be free again for a long time, I was thinking about him facing charges in five states and the length of time it would take to process each one. Because everyone assumes that he is guilty he's become the fallen NFL star that people love to hate. A local prosecutor or judge would face a serious public backlash if he let him go free pre-trial.

This guy has completely ruined his life.

Oh, Pandora's box is way beyond open now. My son was asking why he wouldn't get bail, and explained that even after he went through the system and got bail in one state he wouldn't get released, he'd get extradited to the next one in line - right? Some actual US citizens may be able to clear this up. Regardless, his opportunity to join John Mcafee in Belize or Rodman just north of you is gone.

Kiwon
04-19-2014, 12:34 AM
Regardless, his opportunity to join John Mcafee in Belize or Rodman just north of you is gone.

Sharper would take American jail over North Korea. People don't risk their lives escaping there for nothing.

pbmax
04-19-2014, 09:56 AM
Oh, Pandora's box is way beyond open now. My son was asking why he wouldn't get bail, and explained that even after he went through the system and got bail in one state he wouldn't get released, he'd get extradited to the next one in line - right? Some actual US citizens may be able to clear this up. Regardless, his opportunity to join John Mcafee in Belize or Rodman just north of you is gone.

It can get competitive between jurisdictions, but States, unless under enormous public pressure, generally like to coordinate because the alternative is shipping him back and forth and that gives his lawyers chances to delay. To get the cases expedited (such as its possible) its better to have it go one at a time.

Guiness
04-19-2014, 08:14 PM
It can get competitive between jurisdictions, but States, unless under enormous public pressure, generally like to coordinate because the alternative is shipping him back and forth and that gives his lawyers chances to delay. To get the cases expedited (such as its possible) its better to have it go one at a time.

Ok, that's what I thought - so he goes through the process in one state, then gets hauled off to the next state, rinse, wash, repeat. No shipping back and forth, but just because he makes bail in one jurisdiction does not mean he'll be out on the streets until trial.

Guiness
07-16-2014, 10:02 AM
Not drawing the attention level the Hernandez case is, but looks like it might go on about at long.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2014/jul/16/ex-nfl-player-in-california-court-on-rape-charges/?utm_source=RSS_Feed&utm_medium=RSS

pbmax
07-16-2014, 11:21 AM
Not drawing the attention level the Hernandez case is, but looks like it might go on about at long.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2014/jul/16/ex-nfl-player-in-california-court-on-rape-charges/?utm_source=RSS_Feed&utm_medium=RSS

He has only been charged in 2 states, so he has that going for him.

woodbuck27
08-29-2014, 07:49 AM
http://www.nytimes.com/2014/05/16/sports/football/ex-nfl-star-who-spoke-out-for-women-is-accused-of-being-a-rapist.html?hpw&rref=sports&_r=2

The article from this LINK tells the story and might make you scratch your head.

Why?

How could a man that portrayed himself as such a fine gentleman be such a repeated sexual stalker? The manner in which he enacted these accused crimes is so bizarre. Placed him at such high risk of being accused....as he eventually was; as a result throwing away his life.

This case shocks and puzzles me. This is a crazy world we live in but this sort of thing. It's just too much.

There's more here regarding the specifics of the case:

http://www.nola.com/crime/index.ssf/2014/05/darren_sharpers_defense_attorn.html

Patler
12-13-2014, 10:19 AM
Sharper has now been indicted with two others on rape charges in New Orleans. Could get life, if convicted.

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Darren-Sharper-indicted-in-New-Orleans-on-rape-charges.html

Charges now pending in three states; California, Arizona and Louisiana.

George Cumby
12-13-2014, 10:53 AM
What an utterly disgusting excuse of a human being.

I wonder if folks at 1265 had a bad feeling about him or if he was such an effective sociopath that it was totally under the radar?

esoxx
12-13-2014, 11:07 AM
Who would have thought Sharper was friends with Bill Cosby.

Strange world.

mraynrand
12-13-2014, 11:12 AM
Who would have thought Sharper was friends with Bill Cosby.

Strange world.

Guilty until proven innocent, we say here in the good old USA. Was Sharper in the Playboy mansion with all those wholesome, innocent girls too?

TravisWilliams23
12-13-2014, 11:13 AM
And to think he used to intro himself on game day as "Darren, ain't nobody Shaper"! What a tool.

mraynrand
12-13-2014, 12:24 PM
And to think he used to intro himself on game day as "Darren, ain't nobody Shaper"! What a tool.

Indeed. Those tools ain't cheap. Elitist!

http://i21.geccdn.net/site/images/n-picgroup/1280100C.jpg

TravisWilliams23
12-13-2014, 01:58 PM
Indeed. Those tools ain't cheap. Elitist!

http://i21.geccdn.net/site/images/n-picgroup/1280100C.jpg

Is that the Binford 9000 nail file?

pbmax
12-13-2014, 02:26 PM
State and federal charges. He's officially in it deep now.

Patler
12-13-2014, 06:26 PM
I wonder if folks at 1265 had a bad feeling about him or if he was such an effective sociopath that it was totally under the radar?

I've wondered that, too.

Guiness
12-13-2014, 07:44 PM
I've wondered that, too.

He was in Green Bay for 8 years, they re-signed him to a big contract and only released him when TT got to town and asked him to take a pay cut to clean up Sherman's salary cap mess. They also had him back in town for a workout after he was finished with New Orleans.

No, I'd say they had no idea.

Patler
12-13-2014, 11:24 PM
He was in Green Bay for 8 years, they re-signed him to a big contract and only released him when TT got to town and asked him to take a pay cut to clean up Sherman's salary cap mess. They also had him back in town for a workout after he was finished with New Orleans.

No, I'd say they had no idea.

Ya, I know; and at the time he was released the salary cap situation was legit; and the story was that Sharper refused to make any concessions at all. Plus, he went to MN for what was due him in GB and then some. But, the story also was that TT really, really low-balled him, to the point almost of making it a no-brainer for Sharper to refuse.

I thought the post-Saints workout in GB was a rumor that turned out to be false? I could be wrong on that.

Guiness
12-20-2014, 10:41 AM
Is this going to spread?
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/24902175/hearing-produces-concerning-details-in-darren-sharper-rape-case

Story there is that there were other NFL players present that knew the drinks were spiked - no names...yet.

woodbuck27
12-20-2014, 11:14 AM
Is this going to spread?
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/24902175/hearing-produces-concerning-details-in-darren-sharper-rape-case

Story there is that there were other NFL players present that knew the drinks were spiked - no names...yet.

That won't go anywhere.

They've got their guy.

QBME
03-23-2015, 12:27 PM
Bye bye Darren - sentenced to 9 years with more on the way - http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/12544551/darren-sharper-gets-9-years-arizona-plea-deal

red
03-23-2015, 01:04 PM
better be A LOT more on the way

9 years for drugging and raping 9 women is horse shit

smuggler
03-23-2015, 01:07 PM
Nine years is a significant amount of time, and that was for only two or three of the counts.

red
03-23-2015, 01:16 PM
yeah, but its like ras said in the other threa (i think it was him), he's gonna plead in the others cases too to make the sentences run concurrently

so he's gonna get just one sentence for multiple crimes

Smidgeon
03-23-2015, 02:09 PM
yeah, but its like ras said in the other threa (i think it was him), he's gonna plead in the others cases too to make the sentences run concurrently

so he's gonna get just one sentence for multiple crimes

How far will he be able to plea down in New Orleans? Don't they carry life without parole for rape?

Smidgeon
03-23-2015, 02:36 PM
There you go. 20 years in Louisiana, 8 in Nevada, 9 in Arizona, all concurrent.

Major break.

Rastak
03-23-2015, 02:47 PM
There you go. 20 years in Louisiana, 8 in Nevada, 9 in Arizona, all concurrent.

Major break.

I don't know, 20 years in the can ain't a slap on the wrist. Just so he doesn't get paroled in 5 or something crazy like that.

edit: I'm not sure if this is true but someone commented elsewhere that in Louisiana there is NO parole for sex offenders (good policy by the way).

So this cat is going to be out of the game a good long while.

smuggler
03-23-2015, 02:53 PM
He made it easy on everyone, for sure by pleading, but only did so because he knew he was screwed out of the gate.

Rastak
03-23-2015, 02:56 PM
He made it easy on everyone, for sure by pleading, but only did so because he knew he was screwed out of the gate.

Good looking guy with lots of money....it must have been a game to him, that's all I can think of.

Patler
03-23-2015, 03:02 PM
Looking at some sentencing articles for sexual assault in AZ, it sounds as if the sentence mostly fell in line with the guidelines since he was a "first offender". One article said the minimum sentence is five years 3 months, the "presumptive" sentence is seven years, and the maximum is fourteen years. It also said they add three years if drugs were used in the assault.

It also said that a sentence for sexual assault is not eligible for early release. 100% of the sentence must be served.

mraynrand
03-23-2015, 04:56 PM
Looks like, given time served, Sharper will be released in time for Superbowl 69.

pbmax
04-12-2015, 10:18 AM
Details coming in for Sharper's plea deal:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/04/12/sharpers-plea-deal-contains-plenty-of-terms-beyond-prison/

1. Penile plethysmograph test, in which a sensor will be attached to his genitals for the purposes of measuring arousal in response to specific stimulants

I once took a Greek and Latin language class to learn the roots of many current scientific terms. I cannot parse that device name for pronunciation at all. I just about fall out of the chair trying.

2. Its a 20 year sentence, with release after 10 (9 includes time served?) years.

3. Next its probation in California for 3-5 years. If he falters here, it back to the can for the balance of the 20 years. Sex offender program as well.

4. Then its probation for life in Arizona. If he fails that, its another 14 year sentence.

5. No alcohol or drugs (with testing).

6. GPS device permanently.

via http://www.nola.com/crime/index.ssf/2015/04/10_things_to_know_about_darren.html

Patler
04-12-2015, 11:06 AM
Details coming in for Sharper's plea deal:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/04/12/sharpers-plea-deal-contains-plenty-of-terms-beyond-prison/

1. Penile plethysmograph test, in which a sensor will be attached to his genitals for the purposes of measuring arousal in response to specific stimulants

I once took a Greek and Latin language class to learn the roots of many current scientific terms. I cannot parse that device name for pronunciation at all. I just about fall out of the chair trying.

ple thys mo graph

emphasis on "thys" pronounced like "thighs"

I took both Greek and Latin individually. When I was in high school, Latin was still offered as a foreign language along with German and Spanish to meet foreign language requirements. I took a couple semesters of Latin, and four years of German, I took Greek in college to facilitate my science classes.

Patler
04-12-2015, 11:31 AM
Sharpers possible jail time looks light, but his parole restrictions are quite severe:

Looks like
- he has to snitch on everyone, all details, or he serves the full 20 years
- GPS monitoring in CA for 3-5 years, can't drive without permission, or travel more than 50 miles and must keep a detailed travel log. He will have a curfew.
- After CA, he will be transferred to Arizona where he will be on parole for life and must live where agreed. Can not leave the county without permission and will need written permission to leave the state. Can not move from Arizona ever unless approved by a Fed judge and agreed to by all jurisdictions that filed charges.
- No alcohol ever, no porn ever. Can't even enter an establishment having a primary business of selling alcohol; so no clubs and many restaurants might be off limits. No computer visits to porn sites, sex chats; etc.

Sharper will be high profile. In today's world, you can bet some watchdog group or individuals will be monitoring the authorities enforcements of probation terms, unless by then everyone has forgotten who Darren Sharper is.

mraynrand
04-12-2015, 12:22 PM
Sharpers possible jail time looks light, but his parole restrictions are quite severe:

Looks like
- he has to snitch on everyone, all details, or he serves the full 20 years
- GPS monitoring in CA for 3-5 years, can't drive without permission, or travel more than 50 miles and must keep a detailed travel log. He will have a curfew.
- After CA, he will be transferred to Arizona where he will be on parole for life and must live where agreed. Can not leave the county without permission and will need written permission to leave the state. Can not move from Arizona ever unless approved by a Fed judge and agreed to by all jurisdictions that filed charges.
- No alcohol ever, no porn ever. Can't even enter an establishment having a primary business of selling alcohol; so no clubs and many restaurants might be off limits. No computer visits to porn sites, sex chats; etc.

Sharper will be high profile. In today's world, you can bet some watchdog group or individuals will be monitoring the authorities enforcements of probation terms, unless by then everyone has forgotten who Darren Sharper is.

I'd plea bargain to a firing squad.

Guiness
04-12-2015, 12:37 PM
I'd plea bargain to a firing squad.

No shit, that's roughly what I was thinking. Treading the line of 'Cruel and Unusual' to be sure. The no driving is odd, I wonder where that fits in.

I've never seen release terms so onerous, in Canada we have the dangerous offenders act which can pretty much keep them in prison for life.

Patler
04-12-2015, 01:09 PM
Probably wasn't hard for Sharper to agree, he has an idea of what prison is like after sitting in jail for a year. He was facing a possible life sentence in Louisiana based on some articles, and very lengthy sentences elsewhere. No matter how restrictive his probation is, it has to be better than sitting in prison. It doesn't seem there was any question about a conviction, just how long his sentence would be.

Rastak
04-12-2015, 06:35 PM
Great article......they could have stopped this guy a long time ago.

http://www.propublica.org/article/police-fail-stop-nfl-darren-sharper-rape-spree

Guiness
04-12-2015, 07:19 PM
Great article......they could have stopped this guy a long time ago.

http://www.propublica.org/article/police-fail-stop-nfl-darren-sharper-rape-spree

Long but pretty interesting read. It got at least one thing very, very wrong though

He earned a reputation as one of the hardest-hitting safeties in football.

LP
04-12-2015, 07:22 PM
I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong but, wasn't Sharper one of the "Loveboat" attendee's?

Guiness
04-12-2015, 08:17 PM
I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong but, wasn't Sharper one of the "Loveboat" attendee's?

It happened during his first season with the Vikings, and he was not there. Seemingly strange at first, but those girls were 'bought and paid for' and would've been quite willing - which does not seem to be the way he rolled.

LP
04-12-2015, 08:45 PM
Oh, okay. I just wanted to make the argument he learned his bad habits as a Viking.

pbmax
02-18-2016, 09:53 AM
NOLA.com ‏@NOLAnews 9m9 minutes ago
BREAKING:Judge rejects former Saints star Darren Sharper's plea deal in drug, rape cases http://ow.ly/YtBBJ

Judge objects to possible 10 years jail. Other reports say they want it in 15-20 year range.

Patler
02-18-2016, 10:06 AM
NOLA.com ‏@NOLAnews 9m9 minutes ago
BREAKING:Judge rejects former Saints star Darren Sharper's plea deal in drug, rape cases http://ow.ly/YtBBJ

Judge objects to possible 10 years jail. Other reports say they want it in 15-20 year range.

I'm not surprised at all. Several criminal attorneys familiar with federal prosecutions said the toughest aspect of the deal might be getting it past the federal court that had higher sentencing guidelines.

Interesting, and very disturbing new fact from the article - the pre-sentencing report stated there might have been as many as 16 victims from January 2010 to May 2014.

esoxx
02-18-2016, 12:29 PM
Has he been chemically castrated yet?

mraynrand
02-18-2016, 02:20 PM
Has he been chemically castrated yet?

I think they opted for the real deal

http://media.philly.com/images/010814-zach-ertz-600.jpg

woodbuck27
03-05-2016, 02:00 AM
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2621455-darren-sharper-reaches-new-plea-agreement-latest-details-and-comments?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=newsletter&utm_campaign=minnesota-Vikings

Darren Sharper Reaches New Plea Agreement: Latest Details and Comments

By: Alec Nathan , Featured Columnist

Mar 2, 2016

" Former Pro Bowl safety Darren Sharper could be headed to prison for much longer than he expected after reaching a new plea deal related to charges he raped nine women in four states."

Guiness
03-05-2016, 11:37 AM
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2621455-darren-sharper-reaches-new-plea-agreement-latest-details-and-comments?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=newsletter&utm_campaign=minnesota-Vikings

Darren Sharper Reaches New Plea Agreement: Latest Details and Comments

By: Alec Nathan , Featured Columnist

Mar 2, 2016

" Former Pro Bowl safety Darren Sharper could be headed to prison for much longer than he expected after reaching a new plea deal related to charges he raped nine women in four states."

Short, poorly written, story about it on PFT as well
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/03/02/darren-sharper-reaches-new-plea-deal/

Pugger
03-06-2016, 06:54 AM
Oh, okay. I just wanted to make the argument he learned his bad habits as a Viking.

:lol:

He is a real creep tho.

Rastak
03-06-2016, 09:17 PM

The dudes he was associating with when the shit started (that we know of) and the dudes getting prosecuted were in New Orleans. Now don't let the facts fuck you up son.

Infamous
03-16-2016, 05:44 AM
this is sad and uncomfortable, NOTHING to joke or be snide about imo.. need to preserve and study cats like him and cosby's brains to support prevention....its like some white frat boy demonic mess

Zool
03-16-2016, 09:32 AM
this is sad and uncomfortable, NOTHING to joke or be snide about imo.. need to preserve and study cats like him and cosby's brains to support prevention....its like some white frat boy demonic mess

But both guy you mentioned are black. Why is it a white frat boy issue?

pbmax
03-16-2016, 10:17 AM
But both guy you mentioned are black. Why is it a white frat boy issue?

Not sure about white, but I can tell you one of the first things female college freshman are told is to never leave their drink unattended-"especially at a frat party".

Actual quote.

woodbuck27
03-22-2016, 02:34 PM
I'm not surprised at all. Several criminal attorneys familiar with federal prosecutions said the toughest aspect of the deal might be getting it past the federal court that had higher sentencing guidelines.

Interesting, and very disturbing new fact from the article - the pre-sentencing report stated there might have been as many as 16 victims from January 2010 to May 2014.

http://www.nola.com/crime/index.ssf/2016/03/darren_sharper_likely_to_serve.html?utm_source=new sletter&utm_medium=newsletter&utm_campaign=minnesota-Vikings

Darren Sharper likely to get 15-20 years under revised plea deal

Zool
03-22-2016, 04:13 PM
Not sure about white, but I can tell you one of the first things female college freshman are told is to never leave their drink unattended-"especially at a frat party".

Actual quote.

Agreed, but calling it a white frat boy issue is ridiculous.

pbmax
08-18-2016, 11:21 AM
AP NFL ‏@AP_NFL 34m34 minutes ago
Ex NFL star Darren Sharper given 18 years in prison after being accused of drugging, raping women in 4 states.

https://t.co/aVTujeYZgC

Tony Oday
08-18-2016, 12:20 PM
Should be life.

Patler
08-18-2016, 01:12 PM
AP NFL ‏@AP_NFL 34m34 minutes ago
Ex NFL star Darren Sharper given 18 years in prison after being accused of drugging, raping women in 4 states.

https://t.co/aVTujeYZgC

Seems a heck of a lot more appropriate than the 9 year sentence they talked about under the state charges, which some said could be reduced to about 6 years for time served and good behavior.

I have a vague recollection that the the federal sentence is without parole. Does anyone else recall that? I could be "mis-remembering".

Tony Oday
08-18-2016, 03:21 PM
Seems a heck of a lot more appropriate than the 9 year sentence they talked about under the state charges, which some said could be reduced to about 6 years for time served and good behavior.

I have a vague recollection that the the federal sentence is without parole. Does anyone else recall that? I could be "mis-remembering".

He can get 54 days off his sentence per year with good behavior. 2.66 years. This guy should be locked up and have the key thrown away. Piece of shit.

Patler
08-18-2016, 03:56 PM
This guy should be locked up and have the key thrown away. Piece of shit.

I disagree...they should keep the key so they can remove his rotting corpse after he dies lonely and forgotten in his cell.

Tony Oday
08-18-2016, 06:38 PM
Or have him put in with lifers that miss the touch of a woman...

pbmax
08-25-2016, 06:19 PM
Sharper gets 20 years officially. Still same plea deal but headline sentence doesn't include time served or possibility for reduction based on good behavior.

https://t.co/eyldYYlt7u

MadtownPacker
08-25-2016, 08:33 PM
DBag of the year finally gets sentenced and yet still NO appearance from longtime darren sharper supporter Harvey Wallbanger.

esoxx
08-25-2016, 09:02 PM
Has he been chemically castrated yet.

Fritz
08-26-2016, 09:38 AM
It's too bad that, when he was with the Packers, he was clearly an upstanding, good guy - real "Packer People" - and only after he left the team did he become a bad person.

Cheesehead Craig
08-27-2016, 01:07 PM
He's now appealing the sentence. Unreal.