PDA

View Full Version : Packer Tailgate Tour: Red's Big Chance

pbmax
02-18-2014, 07:18 PM
to tell off Jarett Bush.

Green Bay Packers ‏@packers 2h
#Packers #TailgateTour celebrities: M. Murphy, J. Bush, B. Jones, M. Crosby, P. Coffman, L. Dickey and J. Lofton: http://pckrs.com/jmf2

Escanaba, Ironwood, Superior, Rice Lake and Merrill. April 15-19.

pbmax
02-18-2014, 07:19 PM
Maybe Coffman, Lofton and Dickey can convince skeptical reporters you can pass effectively in Lambeau in November and December.

Freak Out
02-18-2014, 08:46 PM
Dickey, Lofton and Coffman? They could get things done in any conditions. I'd go to talk to those guys.

Bretsky
02-18-2014, 10:53 PM
I completely lost interest when I saw Just a Guy Jones on the list

mraynrand
02-18-2014, 11:06 PM
Dickey, Lofton and Coffman? They could get things done in any conditions. I'd go to talk to those guys.

As long as you don't have Jim 'noodle-arm' Zorn throwing the pill, Lofton is a beast in inclement weather.

3:20, 5:05

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N_ebmPRu0WM

Fritz
02-19-2014, 08:05 AM
Bretsky, there was probably a "suck clause" in B. Jones's contract: if you suck really bad, you have to make up for it by doing extra stuff, like the tailgate tour. The way he played this year, you'll probably see him scrubbing toilets in MM's office bathroom, too.

pbmax
02-19-2014, 08:29 AM
I completely lost interest when I saw Just a Guy Jones on the list

Why? You can tell him your internet friends love him but you are completely unimpressed.

Zool
02-19-2014, 08:45 AM
As long as you don't have Jim 'noodle-arm' Zorn throwing the pill, Lofton is a beast in inclement weather.

Awesome seeing Charles Martin on coverage during the opening kick.

Fritz
02-19-2014, 09:24 AM
Awesome seeing Charles Martin on coverage during the opening kick.

Was that him or the defensive end, Ezra Something-or-other, who was caught eating a hot dog on the sidelines during a game?

Zool
02-19-2014, 09:28 AM
Was that him or the defensive end, Ezra Something-or-other, who was caught eating a hot dog on the sidelines during a game?

I had to look it up.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/gnb/1985.htm

pbmax
04-15-2014, 10:34 AM
Tailgate Tour starts, Lofton, Dickey and Coffman are there. Lofton has been curiously passed over for a lot of broadcasting gigs. He is very good on the radio, I like him on the games even more than just conversations he has with radio hosts. I thought he was ticketed to a Network job, at least in radio. He is approximately 1,000,000,000x better than Boomer Esiason.

Mike Vandermause ‏@MikeVandermause 1h
#Packers on tour: Mark Murphy, Lynn Dickey, Mason Crosby, Brad Jones, Paul Coffman, James Lofton, Jarrett Bush. pic.twitter.com/PTdt4cBpIB

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BlRJtVUCcAIhTKe.jpg:large

pbmax
04-15-2014, 10:44 AM
One topic sure to come up on bus: #Packers' 48-47 win over Redskins in '83, when Mark Murphy played for Washington.

#Packers LB Brad Jones said he had no idea team would sign Julius Peppers. "You don't know what changes are going to be made. I'm excited"

Brad Jones said he has nothing but confidence in Dom Capers and said his schemes will hold up and are amazing. #Packers

Brad Jones expects good stuff with Winston Moss coaching all linebackers. "I don't know the exact changes but I'm definitely excited."

Freak Out
04-15-2014, 04:22 PM
WTF Lofton? That was TD and he dropped it.

Rutnstrut
04-15-2014, 05:51 PM
Maybe they can just sneak away and leave Brad Jones somewhere, it's not like he could fin his way home.

red
04-15-2014, 06:34 PM
i know a nice place where they can drop off jones and bush tonight right in between eskie and ironwood. i'll take good care of them

bobblehead
04-16-2014, 12:06 PM
Maybe Coffman, Lofton and Dickey can convince skeptical reporters you can pass effectively in Lambeau in November and December.

Is it just me, or does Colin Kapernick resemble James Lofton? Born around Lofton's last season in GB, when the packers still played in Milwaukee...now mixed up in a sex scandal. I smell illegitimate child.

mraynrand
04-16-2014, 12:12 PM
Is it just me, or does Colin Kapernick resemble James Lofton? Born around Lofton's last season in GB, when the packers still played in Milwaukee...now mixed up in a sex scandal. I smell illegitimate child.

I have insider info indicating you are out of your mind. Now, the son of Mossy Cade...maybe.

Pugger
04-17-2014, 10:30 AM

3:20, 5:05

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N_ebmPRu0WM

I was at that game - it was a blast! :-)

Pugger
04-17-2014, 10:32 AM

I don't think that was Ezra Johnson. Ezra wore #90 and was not that stocky.

KYPack
04-17-2014, 12:02 PM
I have insider info indicating you are out of your mind. Now, the son of Mossy Cade...maybe.

Funkadelic once told me, spit don't make babies.

Joemailman
04-17-2014, 04:04 PM
to tell off Jarett Bush.

Green Bay Packers ‏@packers 2h
#Packers #TailgateTour celebrities: M. Murphy, J. Bush, B. Jones, M. Crosby, P. Coffman, L. Dickey and J. Lofton: http://pckrs.com/jmf2

Escanaba, Ironwood, Superior, Rice Lake and Merrill. April 15-19.

Jarrett Bush says Peppers makes Packers championship-caliber. So there.

"I think J.P., pound-for-pound, is one of the most athletic athletes in the league right now," defensive back Jarrett Bush told reporters this week, per the Green Bay Press Gazette. "I think he's going to give teams a lot of trouble, especially with Clay (Matthews), Nick Perry, Mike Neal and Mike Daniels. ... They can't just double Clay anymore, He's going to wreak havoc over there."

Said Bush of Peppers: "He's definitely a force to be reckoned with. I think with Clay and the whole gang, I think we'll be a championship-caliber team."

mraynrand
04-17-2014, 04:39 PM
Jarrett Bush is a more athletic athletic athlete than JP.

Guiness
04-17-2014, 07:00 PM
Jarrett Bush says Peppers makes Packers championship-caliber. So there.

Sounds like some of the Packer players have stars in their eyes, remembering the days of yesteryear when JP was worth the $17M Carolina paid him for a season. I wonder what he's got left? The Bears effectively traded him in for Allen, have to wonder why they made that decision.

Some contract notes - The deals each signed are for 3/27 and 3/24 respectively, so seem pretty similar at first glance. The Bear's are locked in to a 2yrs/15.5, it looks like if they release him after 1yr he still gets 15.5. He's got an $8.5M base in yr 3, so the Bears could keep him around for that if they think he's worth it.

Both teams opted for unbalanced cap numbers - Allen's are 3/12.5/8.5, Peppers are 3.5/12.5/10.5. The Packers could get out of it after 1 year for $8.5M.

run pMc
04-18-2014, 08:13 AM
Jarrett Bush is a more athletic athletic athlete than JP.

LOL good to see I wasn't the only one who laughed a JB's comment.

Maybe Bush and Peppers -- that sounds like a euphemism if ever one existed -- can run the stadium stairs together to compete for most athletic athletic athlete on the team.

Fritz
04-21-2014, 06:12 AM
And now the story during this slow off offseason is the "what if they'd kept Bart as coach?" story. He was just growing into it, a GBPG article suggested.

But that was one god-awful defense he had there. The whole 2011 season, I kept thinking back to that 1983-era defense.

Patler
04-21-2014, 06:37 AM
Sounds like some of the Packer players have stars in their eyes, remembering the days of yesteryear when JP was worth the $17M Carolina paid him for a season. I wonder what he's got left? The Bears effectively traded him in for Allen, have to wonder why they made that decision.

Why? Because he would have had over an $18M cap hit for the Bears in 2014. He still counts $8.3 for them this year; but they can count that, Lamar Houston's 2014 cap ($5.04M) and Allen's 2014 cap ($3M) and still save $2M over what it would have been to keep Pepper3. In essence, they traded Peppers for Allen, Houston and $2M in 2014 cap space.