PDA

View Full Version : Official 2014 Combine Thread

Joemailman
02-20-2014, 09:38 AM
Looks like today is Probe Day. Workouts start Saturday.

mraynrand
02-20-2014, 11:24 AM
Looks like today is Probe Day.

Harlan?

MadScientist
02-20-2014, 12:50 PM
Looks like today is Probe Day. Workouts start Saturday.

Harlan?

Aliens.

mraynrand
02-20-2014, 12:55 PM
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lmazdsPFvn1qchzcgo1_500.png

Joemailman
02-20-2014, 02:14 PM
Packers one of 10 teams to interview Badgers OG Ryan Groy at Combine. http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/246376631.html

MadScientist
02-20-2014, 03:43 PM
Packers one of 10 teams to interview Badgers OG Ryan Groy at Combine. http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/246376631.html

One site has him pegged as a 7th rounder. The Packers have had success with 7th round UW linemen before.

run pMc
02-20-2014, 04:34 PM
One site has him pegged as a 7th rounder. The Packers have had success with 7th round UW linemen before.

Wouldn't be a bad pick in R7 IMO. Measured 6'4 1/2, 316 pounds in Indy, could bulk up to 325 and played all over the line, which is valuable and TT loves those kinds of players:

During his time at Wisconsin, Groy played guard, tackle and center. He was a first-team all-Big Ten selection by the coaches in 2013 and is following in the footsteps of a long list of Wisconsin linemen who have been drafted into the NFL.

If he's talking to 10 teams he might go higher than R7. WI guys often do lousy on the bench-press since that wasn't a big emphasis under Barry and Bialema. Wonder if that will be the case here and he drops for it.

Joemailman
02-20-2014, 04:57 PM
There are differing opinions about Groy at different sites. He's rated anywhere from a 4th round prospect to 7th round. Detractors point to a perceived lack of agility and flexibility. He could help himself at the Combine if he performs decently in some of the agility drills.

ThunderDan
02-21-2014, 08:23 AM
There are differing opinions about Groy at different sites. He's rated anywhere from a 4th round prospect to 7th round. Detractors point to a perceived lack of agility and flexibility. He could help himself at the Combine if he performs decently in some of the agility drills.

Funny, I was just listening to the Lucas & Lepay talk radio show driving into work and they said his strength will be his agility and mobility. Think he will be looked at at C for many teams.

Fritz
02-21-2014, 09:57 AM
Well, you all know Ted's MO. If the Packers showed up, that means they're not interested.

They'll draft some other lineman in the sixth round who will tell us he's surprised because the Packers never talked to him, except once when a scout asked him in passing for directions to the front desk of the hotel.

pbmax
02-21-2014, 09:59 AM
Funny, I was just listening to the Lucas & Lepay talk radio show driving into work and they said his strength will be his agility and mobility. Think he will be looked at at C for many teams.

Mike and Matt are great but they occasionally see the world through Cardinal glasses. Each of them was convinced the Packers screwed up Kevin Stemke when he was in camp with the team. He got a camp workout and was released. Was picked up by three other teams a kicked in a few games but generally was not retained beyond emergency duty.

They thought the Ray Guy winner was a lock and that the undrafted status was a mistake.

pbmax
02-21-2014, 10:25 AM
McCarthy Press Conference at Combine

-Rappoport's Smaller/Faster/Athletic-er report SHOT DOWN by Mike. Says he has never been part of a conversation about wanting to be smaller on D line.

-He does say they wish to be more "different" in how they use their front.

-Most important thing about combine is interviews but have to ask tougher questions, as players are more prepared than ever

-Likes Thanksgiving Day game, likes mini-bye week

-Will watch Cincy tape this offseason for notes on Minny, spend a week each offseason on Division rivals. Hopes they play them later in the schedule.

-Bulaga rehab on schedule. He is in Florida now. Has promised to call him this offseason to tell him whether he will be playing LT or RT, no decision yet. That's very neighborly of Mike.

-Defensive front packages limited by injuries

Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 1h
"We're definitely not going to get smaller," MM adds.

Jason Wilde ‏@jasonjwilde 1h
McCarthy on @rapsheet report on remaking D-line: "I've never been part of conversation that you want your DL smaller. That's not accurate."

Pete Dougherty ‏@PeteDougherty 1h
... have guys that can rush outside and inside. but we're definitely not going to be smaller. [This is tail end of comment Wilde quote plus line about different]

-On QBs says he wants both Flynn and Tolzien back but also says they want to sign all their guys. But does mention both QBs by name

-Says OL depth is best they have had under him

-On D, have to use all of scheme and empty the guns. Frustrated with moving parts (injuries) but have to use everything in game plan

-"Bettter job using personnel" on D

-Datone Jones camp injury set him back. Thinks he is primed to take big second year step. Jones and Mathews injuries were reason not being able to use all schemes on D

MM what he looks for when interviewing QBs: the way they communicate what's on film, can they tell you play called, the defense, who center

declares for protection. QBs should be at top of list for explaining scheme and what's on video.

In side session at #NFLCombine, #Packers coach Mike McCarthy says playing Micah Hyde at safety on some downs is an option.

Wes Hodkiewicz ‏@WesHod 1h
McCarthy won't rule out Micah Hyde playing safety. Wants him to be a three down player

Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 52m
In hallway, McCarthy said team needs to make more plays at safety. Didn't rule out Hyde having some sort of role at that position.

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 52m
#Packers are letting BJ Raji & Ryan Pickett walk. So, if McCarthy says they are not getting smaller, who will they find bigger than those 2?

RAP DOES NOT SAY IF THIS IS FACT OR JUST RESTATEMENT OF UFA STATUS

McCarthy had no medical updates on Franklin, Jolly and Finley. Was hopeful Franklin would be ready for season.

Smidgeon
02-21-2014, 10:27 AM
Well, you all know Ted's MO. If the Packers showed up, that means they're not interested.

They'll draft some other lineman in the sixth round who will tell us he's surprised because the Packers never talked to him, except once when a scout asked him in passing for directions to the front desk of the hotel.

Sounds about right.

run pMc
02-21-2014, 04:15 PM
McCarthy on @rapsheet report on remaking D-line: "I've never been part of conversation that you want your DL smaller. That's not accurate."

Mincing words, but this depends on your definition of 'smaller'. I actually think they want to get taller at DE. It's not surprising but perhaps worth noting he didn't dispute the faster/athletic claims. I think they want leaner, taller, more athletic guys who can run and rush the passer vs. short fatties who can't. They will still need size and a couple of guys who can play the run...so will be interesting to see how they remake the DL.

In hallway, McCarthy said team needs to make more plays at safety. Didn't rule out Hyde having some sort of role at that position.

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 52m
#Packers are letting BJ Raji & Ryan Pickett walk. So, if McCarthy says they are not getting smaller, who will they find bigger than those 2?

RAP DOES NOT SAY IF THIS IS FACT OR JUST RESTATEMENT OF UFA STATUS

Am curious to know Rapoport's source or more details...at this point I could go on twitter and make random claims about Raji and Pickett. Raji's contract demands and Pickett's age will be obstacles to them staying in GB.

As for playing Hyde at safety, there are some who thought it might be his best spot, but IIRC when he was at Iowa he played safety for a couple of games due to injuries and wasn't good at all...so I'm a little skeptical. The coaches clearly think he can make the switch, though. Either way I still think they need another safety, either via FA or draft (or both).

pbmax
02-22-2014, 10:14 AM
Here is a far more thorough write-up by McGinn on McCarthy's press conference.

Someone on this board thought (or reported) that like Jenkins and Matthews or Raji and Matthews, Neal would be paired next to Matthews to create a nightmare for pass protection. McCarthy said they never got to it because of injuries and players moving around by necessity and not design.

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/packers-plan-to-get-creative-with-defensive-looks-b99210737z1-246645691.html

He is still positing the Seahawks as the Defense to emulate, but otherwise, its a great writeup.

mraynrand
02-22-2014, 10:28 AM
What's with the Jayhawk gear for Stubby?

mraynrand
02-22-2014, 10:31 AM
"Coach Mike McCarthy offered a new bromide Friday: using more players in a variety of positions and packages."

Sometimes McGinn takes pot shots for no apparent reason. In case you didn't know, 'bromide' is derogatory.

"A bromide is a phrase or platitude that, having been employed excessively, suggests insincerity or a lack of originality in the speaker."

it's the offseason, McGinn. Time to be a bigger, stronger man.

mraynrand
02-22-2014, 10:37 AM
Here is a far more thorough write-up by McGinn on McCarthy's press conference.

Someone on this board thought (or reported) that like Jenkins and Matthews or Raji and Matthews, Neal would be paired next to Matthews to create a nightmare for pass protection. McCarthy said they never got to it because of injuries and players moving around by necessity and not design.

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/packers-plan-to-get-creative-with-defensive-looks-b99210737z1-246645691.html

He is still positing the Seahawks as the Defense to emulate, but otherwise, its a great writeup.

It's a great write-up because there are so many juicy quotes from Stubby. Micah Hyde is our best slot blitzer, Matthews is versatile, in reference to playing Perry at ROLB. Damn. Neal and Matthews on the field together rushing from the same side. Where have I heard that suggested before....

Stubby basically tipped the Packer's hand. Neal's agent should be paying attention.

pbmax
02-22-2014, 12:42 PM
On 40 yard times. This is so detailed that I almost expected a conspiracy theory to break out, but its apparently the work of conventional press. Shorter version? There is nothing more accurate or more convincing about the "official" 40 yard times from the combine compared to unofficial numbers.

http://articles.sun-sentinel.com/2013-02-28/sports/sfl-draft-winds-20130228_1_draft-winds-simon-clancy-chris-kouffman/7

Metadata for copyright trolls: This is just a portion of the article. Part of one page of a 11 page article.

Draft Winds: A study of Cordarrelle Patterson

February 28, 2013|Dave Hyde

There is nothing official about an “official” time. No NFL team uses them. Not one, amongst the 32 teams in the league. They all use a system of hand times.

Though the timing is considered “electronic”, it is only half-electronic. There is a human deciding when to begin the count. Because they try and make it as uniform as possible, instead of pure judgment they rely upon a set of rules on when to start the count, which is why Steelers scout Mark Gorscak spends so much time trying to warn players about practices which will trigger the start earlier than preferred, such as “rolling starts”, or “jack starts”. He even warns against stances that they haven’t seen before. The result of trying to apply their universal start rules to such a wide variation of stances and starts is a number of perversions in the final results.

The problem lies with the fact that players do not fit uniformly into these square holes. Every player’s start differs because their bodies are wired differently. They have differing stances. Some flex their feet first. Some roll a shoulder. Some lift the hand before it is absolutely necessary. All of these differences can result in more than a tenth of a second disparity between players that essentially have the exact same speed.

Take a theoretical example. Players A and B have the same speed but not the same start style. Player A doesn’t move his hand until the moment he jacks his feet and creates the explosive thrust to get off the line. Player B moves his hand first and then jacks his feet. These players will have differing “official” times by a tenth of a second or more. But they’ll have stepped across 40 yards of earth in the exact same amount of time.

Note back in 2010 when Taylor Mays and Trindon Holliday were infamously put together on Simulcam and Mays solidly beat Holliday even though Mays walked away with an “official” time of 4.43 in the 40 yard dash, versus Trindon Holliday’s 4.34 “official” time.

A year ago the “official” time recorded for Kendall Wright came in at 4.61 seconds in the 40 yard dash. He ran a 4.42 at his pro day.

It is also important to note that some of the databases of 40 times that are most popularly referenced for historical 40 times have not been in the practice of using “official” times until very recently. Comparisons between “official” an unofficial times are apples to oranges. People often do not realize they are comparing “official” and unofficial times.

mraynrand
02-22-2014, 12:46 PM
Take a theoretical example. Players A and B have the same speed but not the same start style. Player A doesn’t move his hand until the moment he jacks his feet and creates the explosive thrust to get off the line. Player B moves his hand first and then jacks his feet. These players will have differing “official” times by a tenth of a second or more. But they’ll have stepped across 40 yards of earth in the exact same amount of time.

there's a lot of jacking off going on here. That's why TT has his scouts remind him to draft football players.

gbgary
02-22-2014, 02:19 PM
according to mayock the te's are pretty lame after the top 4 and the top 4 pretty much sucked. disappointing.

smuggler
02-22-2014, 03:04 PM
This is only really true if they can't block. Finley can't block much, either.

mraynrand
02-22-2014, 04:52 PM
according to mayock the te's are pretty lame after the top 4 and the top 4 pretty much sucked. disappointing.

I'd be more inclined to believe Mayock sucked

Pugger
02-23-2014, 08:00 AM

And this was supposed to be this great TE class...

Striker
02-23-2014, 09:28 AM
And this was supposed to be this great TE class...

It still could be. Yes, combine performance matters, but I'd say the edge goes to game type. Hopefully it will cause some of them to slide back to second/third round projections so they remain in play for the Pack.

woodbuck27
02-23-2014, 11:04 AM
http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-combine/0ap2000000328274/2014-Scouting-Combine-Top-wide-receivers

2014 Scouting Combine: Top wide receivers

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-combine-top-performers/0ap2000000328267/Speedy-wide-receivers-at-combine

Published: Feb. 23, 2014 at 11:26 a.m.

SIX sub 4.4 second WR's... timed at the 2014 NFL Combine.

GO PACK GO !

red
02-23-2014, 01:00 PM
jace amaro looked like shit, ebron got hurt and didn't do drills. ASJ didn't do anything

2 guys that i was paying attention to that i thought looked OK were fiedorowicz and arthur lynch from georgia, the fella from wisconsin looked good in drills too

my favorite is still Fiedorowicz in the second or third. the dude is massive and can block, which is a huge plus

draft him and maybe one of the many giant WR's, and maybe we could be a threat in the redzone again

mraynrand
02-23-2014, 01:45 PM
my favorite is still Fiedorowicz in the second or third. the dude is massive and can block, which is a huge plus

draft him and maybe one of the many giant WR's, and maybe we could be a threat in the redzone again

Comments following the Jeffery pick by the Bears:

Funny story.....Alshon is from South Carolina and he was deciding between SC and Tennessee

Lane Kiffin told him you go to SC you'll be pumping my gas some day......Fast forward a few years and Gamecocks finish 2011 season at 11-2 at #7 overall and Alshon laughing all the way to the bank tonight

Lane Kiffin is at a different school and Tennessee in disarray

Brandon Marshall and Alshon Jeffery in the redzone together is a nightmare for defenses

Also, both guys can make big plays down the field or use their size to catch the 1st downs

red
02-23-2014, 01:54 PM
jeffrey is exactly who i was thinking about while watching the WR's work today

a lot of 6'3+ guys that could move and catch. and some of them are gonna be had in the mid rounds

i think it would be great to have a giant TE to go with jordy and another WR in the 6-3 to 6-5 range, with cobb running wild underneath the coverage

PaCkFan_n_MD
02-23-2014, 02:01 PM
With how many good Te's and Wr's this year I'm almost want TT to go offense heavy (esp since his track record is much better there).

red
02-23-2014, 02:31 PM
With how many good Te's and Wr's this year I'm almost want TT to go offense heavy (esp since his track record is much better there).

we've spent so many picks on defense lately, that we almost have to use some picks on offense .

if we could sign 1 or 2 good free agent starters on defense, then maybe spend the first on another defensive guy (like a mosely or pryor or one of the big d-linemen), then i would be fine spending the next 2 or 3 picks or more on the offense (Te's and Wr's)

i actually wouldn't mind taking a couple wr's in the mid rounds this year

however, if we don't sign any free agents, then we'll need to spend all the picks on defense, because by my count we need to find a least 3 upgrades to the defensive starters (safety, ILB, and at least one lineman), maybe even more

red
02-23-2014, 02:57 PM
tuitt, one of those big ND linemen that people keep linking us to because of his size, actually has lost a bunch of weight and now weighs 304, he had been listed at 320. he might have dieted himself out of being a NT

his teamate nix on the other hand, is an inch shorter and 10 pounds fatter then he was listed at (6'2, 331, 33 inch arms) kinda short for a NT

hageman came in at 6'6, 310 with 34 1/4 arms

red
02-23-2014, 03:08 PM
one of the Wr's that stood out to me today was clemsons other WR, Martavis Bryant

guys 6'3 or 6'4, 211 pounds, ran 4.42 and 4.34 40's, 39 inch vert, and looked very fluid and sure handed to me in his drills

when i said i wouldn't mind taking one of the giant WR's in the second or 3rd, this is the guy i was talking about

another WR who's numbers jump out at you was the guy from rutgers, brandon coleman

6'6, 225 and ran 40's of 4.56 and 4.50

mike evans from a&m was 6'4 231 and looked good. some mocks have had us taking him in the first

kid from grand valley (jeff janis) measured 6'3 219, and had 40's of 4.42 and 4.30

Quincy Enunwa from nebraska i thought looked ok, he's 6'2, 225 and had 40's of 4.45 and 4.40

Cody Hoffman from byu was 6'4 223 and ran 4.65 and 4.53

Jordan Matthews 6'3, 212 ran 4.46 and 4.40

Kelvin Benjamin from FSU is huge at 6'5 240, and ran well4.61 and 4.53, but didn't look very coordinated while running or during the drills

and these aren't all of the big wr;'s, just some of the bigger ones. there's a ton of talent at WR to get excited about

smuggler
02-23-2014, 03:13 PM
^Martavis is my receiver from this draft (Markus Wheaton was my guy last year). I was hoping we could snag him in the 4th, but now even 3rd looks like it might be pushing it....

Seeing all these amazing WR performances in the combine makes the prospect of trading back look all the more advertising.

red
02-23-2014, 04:01 PM
heres a list of some of the guys GB is meeting with at the combine

Zach Mettenberger, QB, LSU
Louis Nix, DL, Notre Dame
Calvin Pryor, DB, Louisville
Marcus Smith, LB, Louisville
Kyle Van Noy, LB, BYU

the same page also list the packers as very interested in trent murphy

and they also say that the team met with Tre Boston, S and Max Bullough, LB at the shrine game. i read on another site that TT seemed very interested in tre boston and watched him closely that week

Brandon494
02-23-2014, 04:18 PM
I'd pass on Martavis, his combine numbers will get you excited but hes a better athlete then football player. Two guys I liked who should be available in the later rounds were Josh Huff http://www.nfl.com/draft/2014/profiles/josh-huff?id=2543746 and Cody Lamtimer http://www.nfl.com/draft/2014/profiles/cody-latimer?id=2543590

red
02-23-2014, 04:34 PM
I'd pass on Martavis, his combine numbers will get you excited but hes a better athlete then football player. Two guys I liked who should be available in the later rounds were Josh Huff http://www.nfl.com/draft/2014/profiles/josh-huff?id=2543746 and Cody Lamtimer http://www.nfl.com/draft/2014/profiles/cody-latimer?id=2543590

wasn't Cordarrelle Patterson also more of an athelete? his numbers weren't all that impressive in college either.

did you watch Bryant play at all, or are you just basing it off stats? i did not see him play at all, so i'm basing everything on numbers and what i saw at the combine. but looking at his stats, and knowing who the other WR at clemson was, makes me realize why his numbers aren't all that impressive

huff is sub 6'0, we already have one of those guys. i looks to me that the trend at WR is getting bigger, fast and stronger, and there's a bunch of those guys in this draft. i'd like to jump on that band wagon

Brandon494
02-23-2014, 04:55 PM
I'm just listing two guys I think would fit well for us who we could select in later rounds. I know Huff isn't a tall guy but he would fill a need at returner and could be our #4 WR. Cody Lamtimer is a guy who I would want in the red zone with his basketball background. Martavis could turn out to be a good WR but I've seen too many times tall receivers who can run but can't catch who don't last long in this league. Also don' think we will pick a WR until at least round 4 so a guy like Martavis will be long gone.

Brandon494
02-23-2014, 05:00 PM

Kyle Van Noy, LB, BYU

and they also say that the team met with Tre Boston, S and Max Bullough, LB at the shrine game. i read on another site that TT seemed very interested in tre boston and watched him closely that week

Pryor in the 1st and Murphy in the 2nd would be my dream draft...and if we somehow got DANIEL MCCULLERS http://www.nfl.com/draft/2014/profiles/daniel-mccullers?id=2543754 OR ED STINSON http://www.nfl.com/draft/2014/profiles/ed-stinson?id=2543688 in the 3rd round I would nut myself.

red
02-23-2014, 05:18 PM
Pryor in the 1st and Murphy in the 2nd would be my dream draft...and if we somehow got DANIEL MCCULLERS http://www.nfl.com/draft/2014/profiles/daniel-mccullers?id=2543754 OR ED STINSON http://www.nfl.com/draft/2014/profiles/ed-stinson?id=2543688 in the 3rd round I would nut myself.

i could go for that. i love pryor in the first, no secret there. and i'd be ok with murphy in the second. i don't think OLB is our highest priority, and there's concerns about his coverage skills, but the guy has an awesome motor, and i'm fine with getting as many high motor high effort guys as we can

then in the 3rd and 4th i would like to get 1 WR and 1 D-linemen, in any order, and there should be plenty of talent at those two positions in those rounds

red
02-23-2014, 05:25 PM
I'm just listing two guys I think would fit well for us who we could select in later rounds. I know Huff isn't a tall guy but he would fill a need at returner and could be our #4 WR. Cody Lamtimer is a guy who I would want in the red zone with his basketball background. Martavis could turn out to be a good WR but I've seen too many times tall receivers who can run but can't catch who don't last long in this league. Also don' think we will pick a WR until at least round 4 so a guy like Martavis will be long gone.

lamtimer didn't run or do any drills today, so i saw nothing of him, but he does have the size, 6'2, 215

its true that we've seen a lot of big fast guys come in and flop out, but we've never seen this many in one draft, some of them have to stick

and our QB throwing to them, should cover up a lot of Deficiencies they might have. i mean a good QB, once made bill schroeder look like a real NFL player. and our current QB is even better then that one

red
02-23-2014, 05:27 PM
AJ mcCarron looked damn good today

he might still be a midround pick. he's pretty smart, he's a winner, and he's got the tools. if M3 and TT are serious about drafting a QB to be a solid backup, then AJ might be a good pick if he's around in the 4th or so.

but he might climb up some boards after today

and besides, we've had some luck with QB's out of alabama before. that one guy was pretty good

woodbuck27
02-23-2014, 10:48 PM
wasn't Cordarrelle Patterson also more of an athelete? his numbers weren't all that impressive in college either.

did you watch Bryant play at all, or are you just basing it off stats? i did not see him play at all, so i'm basing everything on numbers and what i saw at the combine. but looking at his stats, and knowing who the other WR at clemson was, makes me realize why his numbers aren't all that impressive

huff is sub 6'0, we already have one of those guys. i looks to me that the trend at WR is getting bigger, fast and stronger, and there's a bunch of those guys in this draft. i'd like to jump on that band wagon

Yes we need to see TT go for taller and tough WR's.

We need to get our Red Zone success back.

red
02-24-2014, 07:33 AM
well, calvin pryor just took a nose dive off my draft board. the main thing i liked about him was his size. he's been listed as 6'2, 207

he measured in yesterday and 5'11, 207, putting him on the smaller side for safeties imo

that is a huge turn of events for me

haha. measured in at his exact stated height and weight. 6'1, 208

red
02-24-2014, 08:24 AM
boy, hageman is one in shape dude. for 310 pounds, theres not a ton of fat there

pbmax
02-24-2014, 08:46 AM
well, calvin pryor just took a nose dive off my draft board. the main thing i liked about him was his size. he's been listed as 6'2, 207

he measured in yesterday and 5'11, 207, putting him on the smaller side for safeties imo

There are a few shorter safeties that are good, aren't one each of the 49ers and Seachicken under six feet?

Collins was a monster compared to those guys.

call_me_ishmael
02-24-2014, 11:20 AM
Wow, hard to believe Pryor lost THREE inches. There's a joke in there somewhere.

If Haha runs as well as expected (high 4.3s, low 4.4s), he's a top 10 pick. I believe it is Mike Mayock who is saying Haha is the best safety prospect in terms of athleticism he's ever seen. Based on what I've read, it does sound like it's true. Dude is a freak in the Clowney mold. He was a top 5 prospect out of HS. Crazy, crazy athlete I guess.

Hagemen looks tarzen. That's what I want out of my linemen. Enough of this short, fat, BS. I want tall, powerful, strong. I want a line full of guys who are cut up like JJ Watt. Hagemen could be a Jay Ratliff type.

mraynrand
02-24-2014, 11:25 AM
and besides, we've had some luck with QB's out of alabama before. that one guy was pretty good

Scott Hunter? Meh.

red
02-24-2014, 11:42 AM
well, the michael sam to GB debate can end, kid is most definitely NOT an OLB

louis nix at 330 pounds looked just as fast, and more fluid in his movements. sam look very very stiff in running and drills

and nix did look good. him and hageman impressed me today

red
02-24-2014, 11:45 AM
Wow, hard to believe Pryor lost THREE inches. There's a joke in there somewhere.

If Haha runs as well as expected (high 4.3s, low 4.4s), he's a top 10 pick. I believe it is Mike Mayock who is saying Haha is the best safety prospect in terms of athleticism he's ever seen. Based on what I've read, it does sound like it's true. Dude is a freak in the Clowney mold. He was a top 5 prospect out of HS. Crazy, crazy athlete I guess.

Hagemen looks tarzen. That's what I want out of my linemen. Enough of this short, fat, BS. I want tall, powerful, strong. I want a line full of guys who are cut up like JJ Watt. Hagemen could be a Jay Ratliff type.

the problem with haha going top 10, is that there is just way too much talent in this years draft, and according to some of the experts, 5 of the top 8 picks belong to teams that absolutely need franchise QB's. i can see him going 10-15 though. might be hard for us to get haha without moving up

run pMc
02-24-2014, 01:16 PM
Agree that HaHa is not a Top 10 pick...not yet anyway. Too many others who will rate higher on the board because of position, potential, or production. I could see him going 10-15.
I think a couple of the highly touted TE's will be going off the board in R2, not R1.

smuggler
02-24-2014, 03:20 PM
Seriously? You thought AJ McCarron looked good red? I thought he basically cost himself being drafted by how he threw in the combine.

I've seen a lot of interviews of him, and intellectually/emotionally he reminds me of a poor man's Jimmy Clausen.

I wouldn't pursue McCarron if/when he were available as an undrafted free agent. There are just too many better ways to spend your team's efforts and resources than on a headcase like McCarron.

SMBASS
02-24-2014, 03:53 PM
Scott Hunter? Meh.

I hear some guy named Bart Starr wasn't too bad.

mraynrand
02-24-2014, 03:56 PM
I hear some guy named Bart Starr wasn't too bad.

Only five championships? Slacker

http://photos.ldspros.com/var/albums/Football/1953_49ers_rex_berry_tackling_otto_graham.jpg?m=13 18820996

call_me_ishmael
02-24-2014, 03:58 PM
Seriously? You thought AJ McCarron looked good red? I thought he basically cost himself being drafted by how he threw in the combine.

I've seen a lot of interviews of him, and intellectually/emotionally he reminds me of a poor man's Jimmy Clausen.

I wouldn't pursue McCarron if/when he were available as an undrafted free agent. There are just too many better ways to spend your team's efforts and resources than on a headcase like McCarron.

There is absolutely no way AJ McCarron doesn't get drafted. He's a 2nd day pick at worst. He has everything you want - a winner. He's not elite but he'll be a nice back-up. I would take him in a second. Plus he'd bring that fine piece of ace Kathy Webb up here for me to oogle.:worship: Schwing!

SMBASS
02-24-2014, 04:06 PM
I wish we currently had half the defense we did back in the Scott Hunter days. The offense under his guidance was pretty brutal though. Hard to believe we won 10 games in 1972 behind our D and the rushing of Brockington and MacArthur Lane. I guess when you're replaced by the immortal Jerry Tagge as the starting QB that pretty much says it all for your career.

mraynrand
02-24-2014, 04:10 PM

if he brings his gf along, I say sign him up as a rFA. If he brings Brent Musberger, call the po po.

pbmax
02-24-2014, 04:50 PM
Only five championships? Slacker

http://photos.ldspros.com/var/albums/Football/1953_49ers_rex_berry_tackling_otto_graham.jpg?m=13 18820996

As old as that photo is, I have sat in those stands. Looked better in B&W even in 1978.

red
02-24-2014, 04:50 PM

yeah, he showed a big arm and was pretty damn accurate. i didn't see him hurting his stock at all

and these guys seem to agree

http://walterfootball.com/combine2014workoutQB.php

Alabama quarterback A.J. McCarron threw the ball well in the field drills. He threw a nice catchable ball with timing, anticipation and accuracy. McCarron was slow in the 40 (4.94 seconds) but that was to be expected as he is a pocket quarterback. McCarron's passing performance was important for his draft stock.

pbmax
02-24-2014, 04:59 PM
http://sports.cbsimg.net/images/blogs/louis-nix-broad-jump02242014.gif

red
02-24-2014, 05:09 PM
i like the stick guy diving out of the way like a plane is falling out of the sky, i'm surprised he didn't take off running

who was the player pb, do you know?

Freak Out
02-24-2014, 05:11 PM
WTF do they have these guys wearing? Ugh.

pbmax
02-24-2014, 06:17 PM
i like the stick guy diving out of the way like a plane is falling out of the sky, i'm surprised he didn't take off running

who was the player pb, do you know?

No idea.

EDIT: Its Louis Nix

smuggler
02-24-2014, 10:18 PM
I really hope that someone drafts AJ McCarron in the first two rounds. I just pray it isnt us.

Only five championships? Slacker.

Five NFL championships. Otto Graham had only three but did play in six straight title games (all six years he played in the NFL)

Guiness
02-25-2014, 12:59 AM
I really hope that someone drafts AJ McCarron in the first two rounds. I just pray it isnt us.

Five NFL championships. Otto Graham had only three but did play in six straight title games (all six years he played in the NFL)

Not to mention coaching the college all-stars to a win over Lombardi's Packers.

mraynrand
02-25-2014, 01:09 AM
Not to mention coaching the college all-stars to a win over Lombardi's Packers.

and four straight AAFL championships before the NFL; 7-10 in ten straight championship games. Unreal.

smuggler
02-25-2014, 08:33 AM
Unreal is probably the best word to describe it.

3irty1
02-25-2014, 08:45 AM
Some serious pass rushing athletes this year in the draft. TT has always drafted and signed guys with top measureables as outside pass rushers and this is a great class for him based on yesterdays combine numbers in both the jumps and the change of agility drills. I wouldn't mind Shazier in the 1st. That guy is a men among boys out there.

Joemailman
02-25-2014, 08:51 AM
Some serious pass rushing athletes this year in the draft. TT has always drafted and signed guys with top measureables as outside pass rushers and this is a great class for him based on yesterdays combine numbers in both the jumps and the change of agility drills. I wouldn't mind Shazier in the 1st. That guy is a men among boys out there.

Can he play in a 3-4 at 6-1, 237? Especially one that plays 2-4-5 as much as the Packers do?

denverYooper
02-25-2014, 08:51 AM
the problem with haha going top 10, is that there is just way too much talent in this years draft, and according to some of the experts, 5 of the top 8 picks belong to teams that absolutely need franchise QB's. i can see him going 10-15 though. might be hard for us to get haha without moving up

I could see GB moving up if he's there at 15 if they really feel like he's what they need.

red
02-25-2014, 09:10 AM
I could see GB moving up if he's there at 15 if they really feel like he's what they need.

i would almost hate to give up later picks in this years draft to move up in the first. theres just way too much talent this year to throw away picks

i'd only want to move up if the trade up included a player, not a pick. like maybe tramon or jordy or cobb, or perry. something like that

but i think this year rounds 2-4 are gonna be jam packed with talented players

i don't know what trade value charts are still used and what ones are out dated. but one chart shows us having to give up our second round pick to move up into the top 15 from #21

call_me_ishmael
02-25-2014, 10:27 AM

A big 10 guy? Woof, no thanks. SEC only front end players for me unless they are exceptionally athletic. We've seen this dance before. Freak athlete linebacker from OSU. AJ Hawk, Rob Carpenter, The dude for STL, etc. No way bro.

call_me_ishmael
02-25-2014, 10:30 AM
If you think HaHa is Sean Taylor, which Mike Mayock implied that he's the same type of prospect, you trade a pick next year to get him. The window is this year. You play to win this year. If HaHa is a 5-8x pro bowler, go up and get him and don't think twice about it.

Smidgeon
02-25-2014, 10:43 AM

Kyle Van Noy, LB, BYU

Which means GB has no interest in him... ;)

red
02-25-2014, 10:49 AM
If you think HaHa is Sean Taylor, which Mike Mayock implied that he's the same type of prospect, you trade a pick next year to get him. The window is this year. You play to win this year. If HaHa is a 5-8x pro bowler, go up and get him and don't think twice about it.

you'd have to give up next years first to do that, that might be asking a lot

red
02-25-2014, 10:52 AM
Which means GB has no interest in him... ;)

pryor is having a bad combine (measured in 3 inches short, not good at the bench, short broad jump, shot vert, and he just ran a slow 4.6 40.)

so he might slip out of that top 20 range

and the kid can still play with the pads on

ed reynolds also just ran a slow 40 time (4.64)

call_me_ishmael
02-25-2014, 10:55 AM
Haha ran a 4.5 on the dot. That is slower than he was expected. I doubt he goes top 10, now. If he ran 4.35-4.45, I could see it because he would have elite speed.

3irty1
02-25-2014, 11:03 AM
A big 10 guy? Woof, no thanks. SEC only front end players for me unless they are exceptionally athletic. We've seen this dance before. Freak athlete linebacker from OSU. AJ Hawk, Rob Carpenter, The dude for STL, etc. No way bro.

Shazier is more your Cam Wake style big 10 athlete. 42 inch vert yesterday while still being able to put up 25 and run a 6.91 3-cone. That's about as athletic as you can get.

mraynrand
02-25-2014, 11:12 AM
Shazier is more your Cam Wake style big 10 athlete. 42 inch vert yesterday while still being able to put up 25 and run a 6.91 3-cone. That's about as athletic as you can get.

Oh no, not again. Not another Ohio State LB with 'great measurables'

red
02-25-2014, 11:20 AM

i'm starting to feel that way about any high motor high energy white LB (borland, bullough, tent murphy)

whenever i saw those guys i thought "hawk"

which, i'm one of the few who is fine with hawk, i think he does his job just fine, but we need the other ILB to be something special

Joemailman
02-25-2014, 11:23 AM
pryor is having a bad combine (measured in 3 inches short, not good at the bench, short broad jump, shot vert, and he just ran a slow 4.6 40.)

so he might slip out of that top 20 range

and the kid can still play with the pads on

ed reynolds also just ran a slow 40 time (4.64)

That 40 time could hurt him though. The 40 time often doesn't mean that much, but it means something at the Safety position. If I were that guy, I'd hire a sprinter coach before his Pro day. There are safeties projected in the 2nd round who now appear to be as big and fast as Pryor.

red
02-25-2014, 11:28 AM
That 40 time could hurt him though. The 40 time often doesn't mean that much, but it means something at the Safety position. If I were that guy, I'd hire a sprinter coach before his Pro day. There are safeties projected in the 2nd round who now appear to be as big and fast as Pryor.

yeah, watching tape and highlights, there isn't much separating pryor from the group of reynolds or bucannon, or dion bailey, etc

the thing that made him stand out his his supposed size. now there might not be much to separate him from the others

hell, even brooks from FSU, who i dismissed earlier because he was a midget at 5'11, but could play, has turned out to be the same height as pryor

pbmax
02-25-2014, 11:50 AM
Haha ran a 4.5 on the dot. That is slower than he was expected. I doubt he goes top 10, now. If he ran 4.35-4.45, I could see it because he would have elite speed.

Isn't 4.5 for an NFL safety pretty good? What was Collins?

pbmax
02-25-2014, 11:51 AM

Its a sliding scale in the first round. At 15, you would still love Hawk and have his jersey like ND72.

3irty1
02-25-2014, 11:54 AM
Collins was in the mid 4.3's but he was also a convert. 4.50 is still plenty good. Not enough to move him anywhere much less out of the top 15 IMO. Kenny Vaccaro was taken at 15 last year with a 4.59 so I wouldn't even say Pryor's time is a deal breaker given his obvious playing speed.

red
02-25-2014, 12:04 PM
pryor and haha both had official times of 4.58

pryor looked pretty good in the field drills

yeah, collins was 4.2-4.3 depending on what source you look at, either way, that dude could fly. these two just have average speed

Joemailman
02-25-2014, 12:36 PM
pryor and haha both had official times of 4.58

pryor looked pretty good in the field drills

yeah, collins was 4.2-4.3 depending on what source you look at, either way, that dude could fly. these two just have average speed

Mayock said he doesn't think Pryor's 40 time hurts him. He gets good marks for his reaction time. I was actually pretty impressed with Pryor's physique, moreso than any other safety.

call_me_ishmael
02-25-2014, 12:44 PM

Mmmmm hmmm. I'm with you DD.

call_me_ishmael
02-25-2014, 12:46 PM
Isn't 4.5 for an NFL safety pretty good? What was Collins?

4.36 for Collins.

At a 4.58 or whatever for Haha Clinton-Dix makes him available at 21. That is a disappointing time for him. I take him and I don't look back. SEC defender, desireable size, 'elite' athlete, came from a top-flight program, etc.

3irty1
02-25-2014, 01:06 PM
4.36 for Collins.

At a 4.58 or whatever for Haha Clinton-Dix makes him available at 21. That is a disappointing time for him. I take him and I don't look back. SEC defender, desireable size, 'elite' athlete, came from a top-flight program, etc.

It would be a pleasant surprise if he were there at 21 but I wouldn't count on it. Nobody was expecting him to turn in a 4.3. Mark Barron was a similar speed both on the football field and on the track at his pro-day. Clinton-Dix didn't hurt himself at all today IMO.

Joemailman
02-25-2014, 01:15 PM
There were no Nick Collinses this year as far as speed. 40 times for safeties ran from 4.42-4.71. Out of 17 who ran, Dix and Pryor were 8-9 at 4.58.

Fritz
02-25-2014, 01:35 PM
There were no Nick Collinses this year as far as speed. 40 times for safeties ran from 4.42-4.71. Out of 17 who ran, Dix and Pryor were 8-9 at 4.58.

I hope Ha Ha poops the bed in all his drills so he drops to #21.

3irty1
02-25-2014, 01:38 PM
I hope Ha Ha poops the bed in all his drills so he drops to #21.

I hope Jerry Jones buys a high priced free agent so he falls.

Fritz
02-25-2014, 01:46 PM
Jerruh, like the proverbial blind squirrel, stumbles upon the occasional nut (job) like Dez Bryant, but he whiffs a lot, too. Hopefully Jerruh will sign an FA, like you said, so the Packers have a choice when they get to #21.

If Ha Ha, Pryor, and Nix are all sitting there at #21, I wonder which one Ted would take. Well, Ted would probably trade down four spots while I scream at the television.

red
02-25-2014, 01:56 PM
Jerruh, like the proverbial blind squirrel, stumbles upon the occasional nut (job) like Dez Bryant, but he whiffs a lot, too. Hopefully Jerruh will sign an FA, like you said, so the Packers have a choice when they get to #21.

If Ha Ha, Pryor, and Nix are all sitting there at #21, I wonder which one Ted would take. Well, Ted would probably trade down four spots while I scream at the television.

and thus we have a repeat of the jordy nelson draft

cj mosely might slip a bit too, he didn't exactly like up the combine. one mock i saw yesterday had him going #31

as for the combine, i found myself cheering for the guys i liked to look like shit, so the workout freaks move ahead of them on some peoples boards, like is the case every year. you just hope the guy you like looks normal, and doesn't act like a retard or fall down drunk 5 times in the 40

so, mission accomplished as far as i'm concerned. all the guys i like just looked ok, nothing special

the combine is stupid anyways, watch the tape, see if the guys can really play or not. who gives a shit if a center can jump 40 inches or 4 inches off the ground

what do i care what the 330 pound NT can run 40 yards in, he will never run that far at a full sprint again in his career.

one drill forces WR's to throw the ball away as soon as they catch it, what coach wants to see that?

Joemailman
02-25-2014, 02:05 PM

If they're all there, I think TT would take one of them. If they're all gone, then I could see TT trade down, and that would be a good move.

3irty1
02-25-2014, 02:07 PM

I'm a big fan of TT's trading down and letting the bones decide move. In the instance you described though i'd rather just take Ha Ha. Pryor has about a half year of game play where he was on Ha Ha's level and I wouldn't want to draft him just to find out that he was Atari Bigby circa December 2007.

Brandon494
02-25-2014, 02:10 PM
I'm a big fan of TT's trading down and letting the bones decide move. In the instance you described though i'd rather just take Ha Ha. Pryor has about a half year of game play where he was on Ha Ha's level and I wouldn't want to draft him just to find out that he was Atari Bigby circa December 2007.

True and Haha is a far better in coverage, I just know hes going to Dallas though. Pryor is the real deal though, just hasn't proved that he can cover in the system Louisville played.

3irty1
02-25-2014, 02:11 PM
True and Haha is a far better in coverage, I just know hes going to Dallas though.

That's my best guess as well.

Joemailman
02-25-2014, 02:25 PM
http://www.gbnreport.com/

Some odds and ends:

Notre Dame DE Stephon Tuitt did not particpate in Monday’s workout for defensive linemen after he was diagnosed with a stress fracture in his foot during the medical resting portion of the combine; Tuitt is expected to have surgery within the next week and will require 6-8 weeks recovery time, but the injury is not considered to be that major …

One of the top stories of the first day of on-field workouts at the combine was the miserable day endured by Alabama OT Cyrus Kouandjio, a one-time top 10 prospect, who ran a painfully slow 5.60 40 and looked stiff and sluggish in the other drills. That may not have the worst of his day, though as the NFL Network is reporting that a number of teams dropped his grade dramatically or took him off their boards completely after the team’s physicals revealed that he had an arthritic knee condition.

Meanwhile, the NFL did not permit Washington TE Austin Seferian-Jenkins to participate in the position’s on-field drills on Saturday after medical testing done at the combine revealed he had a pre-existing foot condition and there are concerns he may not be 100% for the Huskies pro day early in April.

run pMc
02-25-2014, 03:12 PM
I don't think a sub 4.6 time is that bad for a safety...but I wouldn't want one any slower than 4.6 at FS (assuming Capers plays Burnett at SS). Speed is important but if they're playing centerfield I'd rather they take good angles, don't take false steps or get fooled easily by fakes, etc.

Collins was super athletic and TT's gamble paid off. 4.36 is fast. 11 reps on the bench. 40" vertical, 9'10" broad jump, 6.94 3-cone
http://nflcombineresults.com/playerpage.php?f=Nick&l=Collins&i=7072

With all the talent in the draft as well as all the FA's on GB's roster I wouldn't be against TT trading down for extra picks. It depends on who's still there at 21, but I really think there will be a lot of good players available in rounds 2-4, and if Hyde moves to safety they can draft/develop someone from the later rounds instead of starting UDFAs like Banjo or Jennings. I suppose the counter argument is that didn't work out so good for McMillian, but he was no Nick Collins.

red
02-25-2014, 10:02 PM
Collins was in the mid 4.3's but he was also a convert. 4.50 is still plenty good. Not enough to move him anywhere much less out of the top 15 IMO. Kenny Vaccaro was taken at 15 last year with a 4.59 so I wouldn't even say Pryor's time is a deal breaker given his obvious playing speed.

do you mean he was a convert from cb?

because he wasn't. he played safety in college, but because of his shortness, people that he would have to be a cb in the pros. so he was projected as a cb, but i'm pretty sure he was a safety all through is college career

Joemailman
02-25-2014, 10:10 PM

because he wasn't. he played safety in college, but because of his shortness, people that he would have to be a cb in the pros. so he was projected as a cb, but i'm pretty sure he was a safety all through is college career

He started out at LB before moving to Safety. I think the combo of coming from a small school and low Wonderlic score had teams concerned about his ability to quarterback a defense. Thus the projection of him as a CB.

mraynrand
02-25-2014, 10:20 PM
I seem to recall LeRoy Butler explaining how it's not some easy transition from cb to safety. The first you are mostly running with someone with your back to the LOS, moving away from it; the other you face the LOS and a good deal of the time you are moving up to and attacking the line. A pretty different set of skills. In some ways LBs and safeties have more in common than corners and safeties.

pbmax
02-26-2014, 07:39 AM
Collins couldn't have been that short, was he? He was taller than Tramon and Wood in all the game pictures and in their vacation picture, he was almost as tall as James Jones.

Not sure its a dealbreaker as there are under 6 foot safeties doing quite well in the pros.

red
02-26-2014, 08:47 AM
Collins couldn't have been that short, was he? He was taller than Tramon and Wood in all the game pictures and in their vacation picture, he was almost as tall as James Jones.

Not sure its a dealbreaker as there are under 6 foot safeties doing quite well in the pros.

5'11, 207

http://www.nfl.com/player/nickcollins/2506390/careerstats
http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/C/CollNi20.htm
http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=53604&draftyear=2005&genpos=CB

he never looked short out there though

red
02-26-2014, 08:50 AM
I seem to recall LeRoy Butler explaining how it's not some easy transition from cb to safety. The first you are mostly running with someone with your back to the LOS, moving away from it; the other you face the LOS and a good deal of the time you are moving up to and attacking the line. A pretty different set of skills. In some ways LBs and safeties have more in common than corners and safeties.

i would imagine you have to use your brain a whole hell of a lot more as a safety also

pbmax
02-26-2014, 08:52 AM
5'11, 207

http://www.nfl.com/player/nickcollins/2506390/careerstats
http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/C/CollNi20.htm
http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=53604&draftyear=2005&genpos=CB

he never looked short out there though

Is James Jones standing in the drain?

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BfbJ39nIMAAViVW.jpg:large

red
02-26-2014, 08:59 AM
maybe nicks on his tip toes?

and jones seems to be leaning in a bit, not standing up straight

i've never believed the heights that nfl teams list, not since i stood next to nick barnett at a listed 6'2, yet my 5'11 ass was looking down at him, even though he was wearing cleats

and maybe the plate they put in nicks neck has made him a bit taller? stretched him out some

Fritz
02-26-2014, 11:53 AM
I'm a bit disappointed that three NFL players aren't in a resort with hotter chicks all over.

This one seems so...pedestrian. So normal.

So, since the Nick Collins announcement of his interest in returning, has any team brought him in for a physical?

3irty1
02-26-2014, 12:38 PM

I did mean CB, thanks for pointing that out. I suppose I'm just going on the memory of what the draft nerds were saying about him way back when. Looking back its extremely presumptuous of the draft nerds to project him to CB.

pittstang5
02-26-2014, 12:39 PM

because he wasn't. he played safety in college...

All this time I thought he was a CB in college, projected to be a CB in the NFL and the Packer Staff decided he was good enough to be a safety.

Total mind blow.

red
02-26-2014, 12:41 PM
I'm a bit disappointed that three NFL players aren't in a resort with hotter chicks all over.

This one seems so...pedestrian. So normal.

So, since the Nick Collins announcement of his interest in returning, has any team brought him in for a physical?

LOL, thats what i thought too. looks like an all inclusive resort for retirees

wheres all the hot young drunk chicks running around topless?

mraynrand
02-26-2014, 01:02 PM
LOL, thats what i thought too. looks like an all inclusive resort for retirees

wheres all the hot young drunk chicks running around topless?

that's the evening swim

bobblehead
02-26-2014, 08:01 PM

I wish the Packers had someone on the roster that was 6' 200lbs with a safety skill set who could run about a 4.57. (I understand Dix and Pryor ran OFFICIAL 4.58 identical 40's). If only that guy were on the roster it would Hyde some of our defensive deficiencies.

red
02-26-2014, 09:21 PM
I wish the Packers had someone on the roster that was 6' 200lbs with a safety skill set who could run about a 4.57. (I understand Dix and Pryor ran OFFICIAL 4.58 identical 40's). If only that guy were on the roster it would Hyde some of our defensive deficiencies.

yeas, but can hyde make the transition and quickly learn the new position that those other two guys, and a bunch of other in the draft, already know how to play?

or are we gonna try and jam another square peg into a round hole?

sometimes it makes sense to draft a guy to play a position he's been playing for the last 3-8 years

SMBASS
02-26-2014, 09:43 PM
yeas, but can hyde make the transition and quickly learn the new position that those other two guys, and a bunch of other in the draft, already know how to play?

sometimes it makes sense to draft a guy to play a position he's been playing for the last 3-8 years

I agree Red...that is unless you're Green Bay and you're looking for an actual linebacker who already knows how to play in space.

bobblehead
02-27-2014, 09:35 AM

Don't get me wrong, if the right guy is available and worth the pick take him. I want more talent everywhere, but having too many safeties that can play doesn't seem like it is going to be a problem in the near future. I just don't want them reaching for a guy and passing on a better player.

3irty1
02-27-2014, 09:51 AM
Don't get me wrong, if the right guy is available and worth the pick take him. I want more talent everywhere, but having too many safeties that can play doesn't seem like it is going to be a problem in the near future. I just don't want them reaching for a guy and passing on a better player.

This! Matt Elam is becoming Brooks "Smash Mouth" Reed. The only thing they do on the field that is worth being jealous of is not be named Erik Walden/MD Jennings.