PDA

View Full Version : Packers GM Ted Thompson on free agency, Michael Sam, injuries.

woodbuck27
02-22-2014, 11:07 AM
http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/246555751.html

Packers GM Ted Thompson on free agency, Michael Sam, injuries.

By : Tyler Dunne JSO ... Feb. 21, 2014

GO PACK GO !

Rastak
02-22-2014, 04:23 PM
Good to see you Woodbuckster.....

run pMc
02-22-2014, 09:48 PM
Michael Sam is too small to play DE in a 3-4 and based on reports doesn't have the agility to play 3-4 OLB.

Pugger
02-23-2014, 07:57 AM
Do DL work out today at the combine?

woodbuck27
02-23-2014, 10:30 AM
Do DL work out today at the combine?

Combine workout schedule Sunday - Monday Feb. 23-25, 2014:

Sunday, Feb. 23: QB's, RB's, WR's

Monday, Feb. 24: DL , LB

Tuesday, Feb. 25: DB's

Worked out sat. 22 Feb. 2014....TE's, OL, ST's

GO PACK GO !

bobblehead
02-23-2014, 11:25 AM
If you draft Michael Sam, every player on your team better be ready to answer questions about having an openly gay teammate at least 15 times before the season ever starts. I would hand out note cards with a canned answer to read when you get asked.

pbmax
02-23-2014, 06:02 PM
If you draft Michael Sam, every player on your team better be ready to answer questions about having an openly gay teammate at least 15 times before the season ever starts. I would hand out note cards with a canned answer to read when you get asked.

Judging by the comments of the team's GMs an coaches, I think they have already done that.

Players have been much less scripted so far.

woodbuck27
02-23-2014, 10:30 PM
Good to see you Woodbuckster.....

Thank you Rastak. 8-)

pbmax
02-26-2014, 10:23 AM
The Packer beat guys had a great combine, lots of good work and none of it about Ted's latest directive. How to avoid being Miami. Also, bonus Jarrett Bush trash talk.

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/nfl-locker-rooms-are-built-using-varying-styles-of-brick-b99213305z1-247182441.html

Under Ted Thompson, in Green Bay, the locker room has always been an emphasis.

"It's one of the last things we talk about before we actually call the player and draft them, is, 'OK, where are we with this guy as a guy?'" Thompson said. "I think it's probably because I'm a former player, and I've actually been in a locker room and been part of that. I think the locker room is a special, special place."

Read more from Journal Sentinel: http://www.jsonline.com/sports/nfl-locker-rooms-are-built-using-varying-styles-of-brick-b99213305z1-247182441.html#ixzz2uRhzrtXx
Follow us: @JournalSentinel on Twitter

Fritz
02-26-2014, 11:47 AM
The Packer beat guys had a great combine, lots of good work and none of it about Ted's latest directive. How to avoid being Miami. Also, bonus Jarrett Bush trash talk.

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/nfl-locker-rooms-are-built-using-varying-styles-of-brick-b99213305z1-247182441.html

"Thompson said. 'I think it's probably because I'm a former player, and I've actually been in a locker room and been part of that. I think the locker room is a special, special place.'"

Cue the "Ted is gay" jokes.

red
02-26-2014, 12:46 PM
maybe thats where all the talk about micheal sam going to green bay came from

ted needs a new boy toy

mraynrand
02-26-2014, 01:00 PM
TT does not like that Sam-I-AM

He does not like him in the dime,
With him he won't be spending time.

He cannot ver-ti-cal-ly leap,
With Tight ends up he cannot keep
chasing running backs to and fro
very fast he cannot go

I would not like him not because he's gay
but I would not like him in green bay

I do not like that sam-I-am
I do not like him Ted-I-am

run pMc
02-26-2014, 01:40 PM
Several of the sbnation sites for other teams have a "why <team x> should draft michael sam" article. acmepacking isn't alone.
Sam's preferences aside, I think he's a poor fit for GB's defense.

red
02-26-2014, 02:46 PM
the fact of the matter with sam is that he was projected as a mid to late round pick, and despite the NFLN trying to make the combine all about him, even more so then clowney who was working out at the same time, he looked like a guy who will go somewhere in the later rounds

and he proved at the combine that he is nothing more then a very undersized 4-3 DE, so we probably won't have to worry about the media circus coming to town and declaring us the fist openly gay team in the nfl. and we won't have to worry about the media backlash when the time comes for him to be cut

pbmax
02-26-2014, 03:55 PM
the fact of the matter with sam is that he was projected as a mid to late round pick, and despite the NFLN trying to make the combine all about him, even more so then clowney who was working out at the same time, he looked like a guy who will go somewhere in the later rounds

and he proved at the combine that he is nothing more then a very undersized 4-3 DE, so we probably won't have to worry about the media circus coming to town and declaring us the fist openly gay team in the nfl. and we won't have to worry about the media backlash when the time comes for him to be cut

You must be crazy because that is where all the NFL talent resides.

mraynrand
02-26-2014, 04:01 PM
You must be crazy because that is where all the NFL talent resides.

"Did someone mention my name?"

http://www.modelinia.com/__wordpress__/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/tombrady_kevin_16762866_max.jpg

mraynrand
02-26-2014, 04:03 PM
"No, no, Tom, they were talking about me! Hi Packer fans, remember SBXXXII? Neither do I!"

http://taylorblitztimes.files.wordpress.com/2011/07/terrelldavissalute.jpg

bobblehead
02-26-2014, 07:46 PM
Several of the sbnation sites for other teams have a "why <team x> should draft michael sam" article. acmepacking isn't alone.
Sam's preferences aside, I think he's a poor fit for GB's defense.

I have a sneaking suspicion that he will be a "poor fit" for many teams...not cuz he is gay mind you.

Fritz
02-27-2014, 11:11 AM

He sounds like a Packer outside linebacker.