PDA

View Full Version : What is killing me about TT - mini rant

Partial
04-13-2006, 05:28 PM
Not trading for Faines. I don't understand this at all. If all it is going to cost is a 4th round pick, then there is no excuse not to make the deal. The man is about to enter the prime of his career at 27, and is a skilled center who would completely shore up the center position.

The way I see it, the smartest move TT could make at this point would be trading down in the 2nd for an extra third. That way, he can acquire Davin Joseph, Faines, and have an extra first day pick.

By doing the above moves, TT would completely shore up the offensive line. It is so logicalyet I don't see any reason to believe it will happen

Rastak
04-13-2006, 06:05 PM
Not trading for Faines. I don't understand this at all. If all it is going to cost is a 4th round pick, then there is no excuse not to make the deal. The man is about to enter the prime of his career at 27, and is a skilled center who would completely shore up the center position.

The way I see it, the smartest move TT could make at this point would be trading down in the 2nd for an extra third. That way, he can acquire Davin Joseph, Faines, and have an extra first day pick.

By doing the above moves, TT would completely shore up the offensive line. It is so logicalyet I don't see any reason to believe it will happen

Isn't Joseph projected to go in the second? He trades down he may not get him.

BTW, I agree on Faine.

Oscar
04-13-2006, 06:34 PM
I haven't followed this deal much at all... So I just have to wonder... Why is Faines being replaced? I'm not at all against the trade or against improving the O-line. Just curious? I sometimes wonder if the next great, up and comming O-line player is already on our roster. Must be the Kool Aid I'm drinkin... :smile:

Rastak
04-13-2006, 06:40 PM
I haven't followed this deal much at all... So I just have to wonder... Why is Faines being replaced? I'm not at all against the trade or against improving the O-line. Just curious? I sometimes wonder if the next great, up and comming O-line player is already on our roster. Must be the Kool Aid I'm drinkin... :smile:

Because Bentley is a stud at center....they simply upgraded the position.

Harlan Huckleby
04-13-2006, 06:52 PM
One thing Sherman did right is put an A-team together for an O-line and keep them for 4 years or so.

Seems to me, Thompson has to do it all over again. They need two more starters for 2006. I don't know what round you get those guys in

KYPack
04-13-2006, 09:02 PM

I'm a little puzzled.

i thought they were moving Bentley back to guard.

I know TT doesn't do FA's, but he might be trying to squeeze Cleveland. There is the possibilty they'll take less later.

retailguy
04-13-2006, 09:07 PM
I know TT doesn't do FA's, but he might be trying to squeeze Cleveland. There is the possibilty they'll take less later.

Anybody want to bet that they don't sign ANYONE at OL, except for maybe a mid- to late round draft choice?

I think they believe that they can go with the guys they got. As much as it scares the "crap" outta me, that's what I believe.

MacCool606
04-13-2006, 10:10 PM
That's what I miss about the Wolf era. I remember articles in the Journal where, Before the draft, Wolf used to go through the positions and say if they were good or had a need. At Cornerback he would always say "you can never have enough good CB's". He would also talke about drafting a QB later in the draft. I would like to know what TT is thinking he has and what he needs.

Deputy Nutz
04-14-2006, 07:54 AM
Right now Cleveland wants a 2nd round pick for Faine, or at least a first day pick. So they aren't accepting 4th round picks right now.

How come no other team has offered up a fourth round pick yet?

Rastak
04-14-2006, 08:04 AM

I'm a little puzzled.

i thought they were moving Bentley back to guard.

No, he'll be their starting center...

HarveyWallbangers
04-16-2006, 10:39 PM
Yeah, I think they are asking for a 3rd round pick for Faine. I wouldn't trade our 3rd for him, but I said previously that our 4th round pick would be near the lowend of the 3rds, and that maybe we could offer a 4th and a swap of picks later in the draft. I'd do that.