PDA

View Full Version : Packer staff receive a league award - your thoughts?

Patler
02-28-2014, 11:54 AM
http://www.packersnews.com/article/20140227/PKR01/140227033/Packers-Engel-named-NFC-assistant-athletic-trainer-year

A trainer getting an award???

mraynrand
02-28-2014, 11:59 AM
http://www.packersnews.com/article/20140227/PKR01/140227033/Packers-Engel-named-NFC-assistant-athletic-trainer-year

I think this award is heavily weighted towards the results of the "Speed Ankle Taping" competition.

Patler
02-28-2014, 12:17 PM
I think this award is heavily weighted towards the results of the "Speed Ankle Taping" competition.

Do they tape slow ankles too?

mraynrand
02-28-2014, 12:58 PM
Do they tape slow ankles too?

sure, that's how the Jones trio was able to keep playing

red
02-28-2014, 01:50 PM
of course the packer training staff is going to get an award from the nfl in a time when the NFL is trying to make it look like they care about the health of the players

for me, until every other coach and training staff starts playing by the same cautious set of standards, the packers are going to be at a disadvantage on the field when our guys are being held out for bumps and bruises, while other teams send their best players out with broken bones

woodbuck27
03-02-2014, 11:40 PM

Good for him.

That plus Rookie of the Year.

That's more than creamed corn.

bobblehead
03-02-2014, 11:53 PM
of course the packer training staff is going to get an award from the nfl in a time when the NFL is trying to make it look like they care about the health of the players

for me, until every other coach and training staff starts playing by the same cautious set of standards, the packers are going to be at a disadvantage on the field when our guys are being held out for bumps and bruises, while other teams send their best players out with broken bones

I heard Bowman is ready for contact drills.

red
03-03-2014, 08:41 AM
I heard Bowman is ready for contact drills.

who the hell is bowman?

mraynrand
03-03-2014, 08:49 AM
who the hell is bowman?

http://application.denofgeek.com/pics/film/sfhero/10.jpg

denverYooper
03-03-2014, 09:14 AM

It's a long range plan. As usual, TT the timelord has traveled to some future time when other NFL teams can barely afford to stay afloat due to the ponderous burden of litigation they are facing. He quickly downloads all available research on JSTOR, along with all available data on which players sued which teams for which reasons. He grabs a copy of Gray's Sports Almanac and several Tell-All books from the vast cornucopia of expose literature generated around the 'ought-teens.

With those in hand, he formulates the exact plan the Packers need to take to avoid the mess caused by the ongoing lawsuits by ex-players against their teams. The Packers are the only team that can afford to pay any player of significance, and they proceed to go on a 25-year run of dominance until the league shuts down.

mraynrand
03-03-2014, 10:00 AM
It's a long range plan. As usual, TT the timelord has traveled to some future time when other NFL teams can barely afford to stay afloat due to the ponderous burden of litigation they are facing. He quickly downloads all available research on JSTOR, along with all available data on which players sued which teams for which reasons. He grabs a copy of Gray's Sports Almanac and several Tell-All books from the vast cornucopia of expose literature generated around the 'ought-teens.

With those in hand, he formulates the exact plan the Packers need to take to avoid the mess caused by the ongoing lawsuits by ex-players against their teams. The Packers are the only team that can afford to pay any player of significance, and they proceed to go on a 25-year run of dominance until the league shuts down.

Now Biff, I didn't notice the car had any blindspot before, when I would drive it.

red
03-03-2014, 11:51 AM

well, are we talking about dr. who time travel laws, or the cheaper less scientific time laws of back to the future?

Bossman641
03-03-2014, 01:07 PM
The award is based on volume

denverYooper
03-03-2014, 01:28 PM
well, are we talking about dr. who time travel laws, or the cheaper less scientific time laws of back to the future?

They're not that far apart when it comes to the basics. The Doctor just had a lot longer time and many more episodes and spinoffs to explore the nuances. Although Doctor Who seemed to be more invested in the idea that time was not as linear as suggested by Back to the Future's model of time line erasure.

But I'd think Ted's more like a Trafalmadorian.

pbmax
03-03-2014, 02:18 PM
The award is based on volume

And we pass the savings directly on to you!!!

mraynrand
03-03-2014, 02:37 PM
They're not that far apart when it comes to the basics. The Doctor just had a lot longer time and many more episodes and spinoffs to explore the nuances. Although Doctor Who seemed to be more invested in the idea that time was not as linear as suggested by Back to the Future's model of time line erasure.

But I'd think Ted's more like a Trafalmadorian.

Amok Time!

bobblehead
03-03-2014, 11:17 PM
who the hell is bowman?

Navarro, the SF staff cleared him to play. They don't pussy foot around like the Packers trainers.

pbmax
03-04-2014, 08:36 AM
Navarro, the SF staff cleared him to play. They don't pussy foot around like the Packers trainers.

Cleared him to run or clear him for football?

red
03-04-2014, 12:11 PM
Cleared him to run or clear him for football?

everything i've seen recently says he's out until at least midseason, so it can't be cleared for football

pbmax
03-04-2014, 12:40 PM
everything i've seen recently says he's out until at least midseason, so it can't be cleared for football

Yeah, I didn't think so.

Joemailman
03-04-2014, 10:11 PM
He might have been cleared for surgery. His MCL reportedly doesn't need surgery, but they needed the swelling in the MCL to go down before they could operate on the ACL.