PDA

View Full Version : MOCK DRAFTS ... Some Packerrats (ie maybe red...) will like this pick for the Green Bay Packers.

woodbuck27
02-28-2014, 10:10 PM
http://www.sbnation.com/nfl-mock-draft/2014/2/24/5441848/2014-nfl-mock-draft-blake-bortles-johnny-manziel?utm_source=sbnation&utm_medium=nextclicks&utm_campaign=articlebottom

2014 NFL Mock Draft: Sticking with Blake Bortles at No. 1

By Dan Kadar  @MockingTheDraft on Feb 24 2014, 8:15a 484

It's NFL Scouting Combine week, which means some changes in the mock draft.

" 13. St. Louis Rams - Calvin Pryor, S, Louisville - This is a pick I'm locking in on more frequently. Pryor is getting the edge over Alabama's Ha Ha Clinton-Dix as the first safety picked because of his versatility and absolute aggression on defense.

14. Chicago Bears - Ha Ha Clinton-Dix, S, Alabama - The Bears have a few holes to fill on defense, namely at safety and in the front four. There is some depth at defensive tackle this year, and a notable drop-off at safety after Clinton-Dix.

@ # 21: Green Bay Packers - C.J. Mosley, MLB, Alabama - This is another pick I've zeroed in on. Putting Mosley next to A.J. Hawk would help ease Green Bay's issues on defense. "

GO PACK GO !

woodbuck27
02-28-2014, 10:42 PM
http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2014/2/27/5453314/2014-al-davis-memorial-mock-draft-everyone-needs-athletes?utm_source=sbnation&utm_medium=nextclicks&utm_campaign=articlebottom

2014 Al Davis Memorial mock draft: Everyone needs athletes

By: Ryan Van Bibber  @justRVB on Feb 27 2014, 2:54 PM

21. Green Bay Packers - Lamin Barrow, OLB, LSU

Dom Capers watched the tape of LSU containing Johnny Football in the pocket last season. He's convinced that Barrow can FINALLY help his defense do the same with Colin Kaepernick.

** Forget Khalil Mack **.

See Post #3 this thread.

GO PACK GO !

woodbuck27
02-28-2014, 10:48 PM
http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2014/2/25/5440356/khalil-mack-2014-nfl-draft-pass-rushers-scouting-report

The Notebook: Khalil Mack is smooth, polished and ready to wreak havoc

By: Stephen White on Feb 25 2014, 1:30 PM

" His ceiling might not be as high as Jadeveon Clowney's, but Buffalo linebacker Khalil Mack is one of the most polished pass rushers in the 2014 NFL Draft. Retired NFL defensive end Stephen White put Mack under the microscope for his latest Notebook."

GO PACK GO !

red
02-28-2014, 10:53 PM
for me, pryor dix and mosley are options 1A, 1B, and 1C. i'd take any of the 3 in a second

i think the need at safety outweighs the need for an ILB, but i think mosely might be the best player out of the 3

woodbuck27
02-28-2014, 11:00 PM
for me, pryor dix and mosley are options 1A, 1B, and 1C. i'd take any of the 3 in a second

i think the need at safety outweighs the need for an ILB, but i think mosely might be the best player out of the 3

It's looking to me like we're going to have a solid shot at a helpful addition red.

We cannot handle another BUST!

I hope TT gets this draft right. It's very important that he does. I feel it... the heat is on.

GO PACK GO !

run pMc
02-28-2014, 11:14 PM
I like Mosley, he could probably play all 3 downs, but he's listed at like 230 and Hawk dropped weight this year too...so you'd have two lighter ILBs in there.
If they had a bigger guy in there paired with Mosley that might work, but the investments in B.Jones and Hawk would seem to preclude that.
Maybe if Barrington can show something and they have him push Hawk while Mosley pushes Jones...that might work. Barrington isn't a big guy either, though.

All my whining aside, I'd be ok with TT taking Mosley. He played at a pretty high level for Bama and a lot of scouts had him pegged as a Top 10 pick before Mack and Barr emerged.

woodbuck27
02-28-2014, 11:49 PM
I like Mosley, he could probably play all 3 downs, but he's listed at like 230 and Hawk dropped weight this year too...so you'd have two lighter ILBs in there.
If they had a bigger guy in there paired with Mosley that might work, but the investments in B.Jones and Hawk would seem to preclude that.
Maybe if Barrington can show something and they have him push Hawk while Mosley pushes Jones...that might work. Barrington isn't a big guy either, though.

All my whining aside, I'd be ok with TT taking Mosley. He played at a pretty high level for Bama and a lot of scouts had him pegged as a Top 10 pick before Mack and Barr emerged.

Yea he's really decent. . . except for that size as you mentioned.

It comes down to can he put some muscle on, gain weight and still keep his ass in gear.

Realistically I think that he's long gone by #21. I think he goes by mid first round. If he's available at Pick #21 then TT should snap him up. This is a very solid LBer and we need him in the middle. I'd be pleased with that football player in our TC.

OK I just awoke from my day dream.

Here's all you need to know on C. J. Mosley who doesn't get past the Steelers. He may not get past the Rams.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/1762120/cj-mosley

GO PACK GO !

Carolina_Packer
03-01-2014, 07:29 AM
If C.J. Mosely is there at #21 and his perceived value to the Packers is BAP for that spot, they will select him and should. If the BAP was at a position with less need, then they look to move back and gain picks to help make up the value of moving. I can't imagine that the Packers board is going to be that much different that Mosely wouldn't be a value at #21. I agree that Mosely probably won't be there at #21. Louis Nix from ND might be another intriguing possibility. With Raji testing free agency and Pickett unsure to be re-signed, we need an anchor on the DL.

woodbuck27
03-02-2014, 11:29 PM
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1973428-2014-nfl-draft-post-combine-one-round-mock-draft-update

2014 NFL Draft: Post-Combine One-Round Mock Draft Update

By: Curt Popejoy , Featured Columnist

Mar 1, 2014

18 New York Jets Eric Ebron Tight End North Carolina
19 Miami Dolphins Zack Martin Offensive Tackle Notre Dame
20 Arizona Cardinals Jason Verrett Cornerback TCU

21 Green Bay Packers Jimmie Ward Safety Northern Illinois

22 Philadelphia Eagles Kyle Fuller Cornerback Virginia Tech

23 Kansas City Chiefs Ra'Shede Hageman Defensive Tackle Minnesota

24 Cincinnati Bengals Kony Ealy Defensive End Missouri

25 San Diego Chargers Dee Ford Linebacker Auburn

26 Cleveland Browns (from Indianapolis) Odell Beckham Jr. Wide Receiver LSU
27 New Orleans Saints Brandin Cooks Wide Receiver Oregon State
28 Carolina Panthers Marqise Lee Wide Receiver USC

29 New England Patriots Louis Nix III Defensive Tackle Notre Dame

30 San Francisco 49ers Calvin Pryor Safety Louisville

31 Denver Broncos Bradley Roby Cornerback Ohio State

32 Seattle Seahawks Jordan Matthews Wide Receiver Vanderbilt

GO PACK GO !

woodbuck27
03-02-2014, 11:31 PM
If C.J. Mosely is there at #21 and his perceived value to the Packers is BAP for that spot, they will select him and should. If the BAP was at a position with less need, then they look to move back and gain picks to help make up the value of moving. I can't imagine that the Packers board is going to be that much different that Mosely wouldn't be a value at #21. I agree that Mosely probably won't be there at #21. Louis Nix from ND might be another intriguing possibility. With Raji testing free agency and Pickett unsure to be re-signed, we need an anchor on the DL.

See Post # 9.

PACKERS !

woodbuck27
03-03-2014, 12:58 AM
http://www.rotoworld.com/articles/nfl/46359/60/pre-free-agency-mock-draft?pg=2

Evan Silva

NFL Draft Preview

Pre-Free Agency Mock Draft ... Saturday, March 01, 2014

Page 2 and Picks 16 - 32.

21. " Green Bay Packers -- Louisville S Calvin Pryor

NFL Network's Mike Mayock has projected Pryor as a top-15 pick, dubbing him a "bigger version of Bob Sanders." Annually in need of more defensive physicality, I think Green Bay would sprint to the podium for Pryor at 21. A clock-cleaning hitter with ample range, Pryor can play strong or free, and interchangeable is how coordinator Dom Capers fancies his safeties. Incumbent SS Morgan Burnett is coming off a miserable season, while FS M.D. Jennings is not a starting-caliber player.

22. Philadelphia Eagles -- Minnesota DL Ra'Shede Hageman

An edge-setting five technique at 6-foot-6 and 310 pounds with nearly 34-inch arms, Hageman fits the Eagles' profile with a prototypical build. Snap-to-snap consistency concerns may keep Hageman out of the top-20 selections, but he would add high-ceiling talent to an Eagles defensive front seven that should be the cream of the crop in the NFC East this season. After locking up Riley Cooper, Jason Kelce, Jeremy Maclin, and Jason Peters, look for the Eagles to attack defense in the draft.

23. Kansas City Chiefs -- Northern Illinois S Jimmie Ward

A versatile safety with experience in slot coverage, Ward was a ballhawking playmaker in the MAC and is capable of playing all over the secondary. Kansas City's largest 2013 defensive hole was at free safety, where incumbent starter Kendrick Lewis is now entering free agency. Teaming Ward with SS Eric Berry and CBs Sean Smith, Brandon Flowers, and Marcus Cooper would give Kansas City more blitz freedom up front. Second-year DC Bob Sutton loves to send the house. "

GO PACK GO !