Rodgers Cory
Russell
Ryan
Spitz
Tollefson
Traynor
Wishom
Wrobel

Of the 37 Practice Squad eligible eight are very unlikely to be cut such as Jennings and Spitz.
Some of the eight spots will be filled by players from other teams.

To be on the practice squad a player must:

a) Not have been in the league for 4 years.
b) Not been on the practice squad for 2 years.
c) Not been on the 45 game day active roster for 9 or more games.

Who gets on the Practice is very questionable. The guy I think has the best shot now is Tollefson. Beyond that it is a guess.

BananaMan
08-28-2006, 12:22 PM
Also, a quick note:

For a player to be put on the practice squad, he has to be waived first. That means every team (starting with the Texans) gets the right to sign him or pass him up. If the player then clears waivers, the Packers can sign him to the practice squad.

It seems many people on here believe you can just put a player on the practice squad without cutting them. Just trying to clear it up.

swede
08-28-2006, 12:24 PM
From that list I think most won't make the practice squad if they don't make the team outright. Tollefson might have a shot at making the team, but, if not, it would be nice to keep him around on the practice squad.

Brewster might be a candidate for the practice squad, depending on what happens tonight vs. the Bungles. I'm looking forward to seeing him play.

If I were the Packers, though, I'd search that waiver wire pretty hard for offensive linemen first, and then I'd look for some more offensive linemen.

Why isn't Blackmon on the list?
I hope we can hide him on the PUP list or something.

Willard
08-28-2006, 12:36 PM
Cheesy & NannerMan,

Thanks for posting this. I was wondering what the eligibility reqmnts for PS were. Here are some of my choices:

Ben Brown - this could be Will's last year
"Lighten-up" Francies - shown improvement at WR
Patrick Dendy - Al & Chuck are older, Ahmad could implode
Tollefson or Hunter - whoever doesn't make the team
Brewster - assuming he doesnt make the squad as returner
Fill the other spots with cast-offs from other teams

Partial
08-28-2006, 12:41 PM
Cheesy & NannerMan,

Thanks for posting this. I was wondering what the eligibility reqmnts for PS were. Here are some of my choices:

Willy want to play 3 years after this. I say keep him around for the sheer reason of being a role model and positive influence.

Willard
08-28-2006, 12:55 PM
Cheesy & NannerMan,

Willy want to play 3 years after this. I say keep him around for the sheer reason of being a role model and positive influence.

I love Big Will. There is not a whole lot better than seeing him grab a screen pass, hurdle the first defender, then lower the boom on the 2nd sap that gets in his way. I hope his body holds out, but three more years may be wishful thinking.

RashanGary
08-28-2006, 01:04 PM
There are alot of players who will be cut from other teams. I don't think our roster is set. We'll probably see at least 5 names on the roster/practice squad that we have not seen to this point.

Tarlam!
08-28-2006, 01:32 PM
Quality thread, one that is almost exclusive to PR. Ladies and Gentlemen, I HAVE TAKEN MY HAT OFF!

And, my Toupet is still looking fine...