PDA

View Full Version : Nice Eddie Lacy Profile

pbmax
03-06-2014, 03:12 PM
Not a bad profile. It occurs to me I have not read much about him outside of draft fall and asthma. Did not know he lost his house to Katrina.

Says football is not the source to his happiness.

http://mmqb.si.com/2014/03/05/eddie-lacy-happiness/?xid=ob_mmqb

MadtownPacker
03-06-2014, 04:05 PM
Everyone from his family to TT and the fans should be damn proud of this guy.

red
03-06-2014, 04:39 PM
there is a video that i think espn did during his senior year that talked about what he went through, and showed his whole family.

really solid family behind the kid. made me go from thinking that the kid might be a thug (don't know why i ever thought that, probably the skin color and the dreads), to thinking he was a really down to earth, likable kid

i'll see if i can find it

red
03-06-2014, 04:44 PM
here it is. they talk about him already being a packer, i could have sworn i saw this before we drafted him, maybe before the national championship game

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aQOmPPB7lnA

red
03-06-2014, 04:55 PM
screw that video, that one was edited after he was drafted, here's the real one that aired before the draft

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BTrAlHcdYgI

Fritz
03-06-2014, 06:06 PM
You know, there are rats who love to gnaw on the bone of Packer failure, over and over, in order to justify their own doom and gloom discontented predilections, so I'm going to throw the Steven Jackson card out there - you know, the one where the posters castrated TT for not signing Jackson prior to last season. You know, where not signing Jackson meant that Thompson really didn't care, etc.

For sure TT botched the safety thing. We've all read and said that over and over since the end of the season. But how about acknowledging that NOT signing Jackson was a good move?

red
03-06-2014, 06:39 PM
You know, there are rats who love to gnaw on the bone of Packer failure, over and over, in order to justify their own doom and gloom discontented predilections, so I'm going to throw the Steven Jackson card out there - you know, the one where the posters castrated TT for not signing Jackson prior to last season. You know, where not signing Jackson meant that Thompson really didn't care, etc.

For sure TT botched the safety thing. We've all read and said that over and over since the end of the season. But how about acknowledging that NOT signing Jackson was a good move?

and tt might have got just a bit lucky with with lacy falling to the end of the second round, when he was projected to go in the first, and was also projected as many to be the first RB taken, yet teams somehow took 2 or 3 others before him

thank you to other teams for being stupid

Fritz
03-06-2014, 08:42 PM
and tt might have got just a bit lucky with with lacy falling to the end of the second round, when he was projected to go in the first, and was also projected as many to be the first RB taken, yet teams somehow took 2 or 3 others before him

thank you to other teams for being stupid

TT doesn't solve the safety problem; he's incompetent. TT drafts Lacey, doesn't sign Jackson; he's lucky.

red
03-06-2014, 08:55 PM
TT doesn't solve the safety problem; he's incompetent. TT drafts Lacey, doesn't sign Jackson; he's lucky.

he was a bit lucky, yes. did he know that lacy would be sitting there at the end of the second round when he passed on SJ?

it was a ballsy gamble to pass on lacy in the first IMO, and it was a damn nice job of holding his ground and grabbing him late in the second

but IMO, luck did have something to do with us being able to get lacy at #60 whatever it was. just like he got pretty lucky when 23 teams decided they didn't need a-rod in 2005, but TT was smart enough to take him even though QB wasn't a huge priority

if lacy had been taken before our second round pick, then what? maybe starks could have stayed healthy being a feature back, but his past says otherwise

Guiness
03-06-2014, 09:54 PM
he was a bit lucky, yes. did he know that lacy would be sitting there at the end of the second round when he passed on SJ?

it was a ballsy gamble to pass on lacy in the first IMO, and it was a damn nice job of holding his ground and grabbing him late in the second

but IMO, luck did have something to do with us being able to get lacy at #60 whatever it was. just like he got pretty lucky when 23 teams decided they didn't need a-rod in 2005, but TT was smart enough to take him even though QB wasn't a huge priority

if lacy had been taken before our second round pick, then what? maybe starks could have stayed healthy being a feature back, but his past says otherwise

I think that was a calculated gamble, and a reasonable one. Lacy's stock was falling leading up to the draft - injuries and stories he was lazy. The injuries were real (his toe) but I think the laziness was imagined. Guy's got a physique closer to Kirby Puckett than, well, Steven Jackson so lazy reporters and scouts could make assumptions.

By the time the draft came around, I doubt he was the top RB on anyone's board, and almost certain to fall out of the first round.

woodbuck27
03-07-2014, 04:10 AM

As the GM of the Green Bay Packers he can't get it all right nor can he get it all wrong.

This off season will define ted Thompson as the Packer GM.

It doesn't matter what he did in years past for the future of the Green Bay Packers is what TT does today. What he does today to prepare for tomorrow.

Every move he makes or doesn't is going to get sliced and diced by Packer Nation. That comes with the territory.

Every single season of failure and no repeat Super Bowl in the Aaron Rodgers Era; will detract from Ted Thompson's potential very positive legacy as a Green Bay Packer GM.

He's at 3 years now and running. Let's calmly await and see if TT has the kind of "off Season" we all need to see him pull off to at least brighten or real hopes of a future with him as our teams GM.

ie ... Based on the latest shocking news !

Ted Thompson! Don't sign BJ Raji to anything more than 3$ million Plus $2.5 million$ in possible incentives bonus.

Even that for " a rental " is a clear case " of good into bad ".

BJ Raji really deserves one way treatment that ends in these words:

Bye Bye !

pbmax
03-07-2014, 07:53 AM
He kept trading back when he had two choices, Ball and Lacy. When one was picked, he stopped and chose.

Bossman641
03-07-2014, 07:56 AM
Nice find PB

I hope Lacy is able to find happiness

run pMc
03-07-2014, 08:04 AM
I think it's fair to criticize TT as long as you give him credit as well. They traded down and Lacy was still there, so they took him since he was clearly BPA. After 2 bad drafts, TT did pretty good with this last one. If he can string another good one together and they have less injuries, they have a contender.

I really like Lacy, he got a lot of positive yards on his own despite the "blocking" of the OL. Seemed like every quarter you could find a play where he'd turn a 1 yard loss into a 4 yard gain.
I worry about the beating he took by the end of the year, especially with Rodgers out and everyone knowing he was the focus of the offense. With his injury history, I didn't think he'd last the season, or get as many carries as he did...so I was very pleasantly surprised by his production. I just hope M3 is smart with how they use him and Lacy is smart about not taking a lot of hard hits so his career lasts beyond 2016.

Brandon494
03-07-2014, 08:20 AM
I don't know if I've said this before but he reminds me a lot of Jerome Bettis.

RUnuts
03-07-2014, 01:31 PM
I think it's fair to criticize TT as long as you give him credit as well. They traded down and Lacy was still there, so they took him since he was clearly BPA. After 2 bad drafts, TT did pretty good with this last one. If he can string another good one together and they have less injuries, they have a contender.

I really like Lacy, he got a lot of positive yards on his own despite the "blocking" of the OL. Seemed like every quarter you could find a play where he'd turn a 1 yard loss into a 4 yard gain.
I worry about the beating he took by the end of the year, especially with Rodgers out and everyone knowing he was the focus of the offense. With his injury history, I didn't think he'd last the season, or get as many carries as he did...so I was very pleasantly surprised by his production. I just hope M3 is smart with how they use him and Lacy is smart about not taking a lot of hard hits so his career lasts beyond 2016.

He reminds me of Ahman Green. Hit at the line and somehow it becomes 2nd and 7 or 6.

Fritz
03-07-2014, 05:22 PM
He reminds me of my Aunt Bernice.

MadtownPacker
03-07-2014, 08:56 PM
I don't know if I've said this before but he reminds me a lot of Jerome Bettis.
Nice comparison.

Carolina_Packer
03-07-2014, 10:40 PM
He reminds me of my Aunt Bernice.

Did your Aunt Bernice push the pile or go down after contact?

Fritz
03-08-2014, 12:14 PM
Uncle Earl said that in the bathroom, she pushed the pile. In the bedroom, she went down after contact.