PDA

View Full Version : THE CRAZY PREDICTION FREE AGENCY THREAD.......WHO'S GONNA SHOW SOME STONES ?

Bretsky
03-07-2014, 09:17 PM
Consider this the thread to go on record with outlandish predictions for Free Agency. Here are a few of mine to start.

James Jones finds another home as a number three WR after GM's realize that is what he is. James Jones finds a great landing spot in another high powered offense....either Green Bay, Denver, Indy, or New England.

Jarius Byrd ends up in Cleveland after they throw a boatload of money at him to play with Hayden

TJ Ward goes to Phily......re unitings with his college coach

Ted Thompson peeks out of a closet in week one of free agency, and when a person sees him he slams the door, and heads back into his dungeon to watch more college game film

I've got more..............let's see some specific predictions for free agency...Cheers, B

LEWCWA
03-07-2014, 09:20 PM
Demarcus Ware ends up in GB and together with Clay they have 40 sacks between them!

pbmax
03-07-2014, 10:29 PM
Matt Flynn is going to the Texans.

PaCkFan_n_MD
03-07-2014, 10:31 PM
I predict the packers will up the offer to Shields and he signs w/n one week. He will sign a 4year/30mil deal.

Also, I predict that if TT can't sign Raji w/n the next couple days he will go after Lamar Houston DE of Oakland. Since this is a prediction thread I will say Raji is gone and Houston signs for 5years/35 mil

Guiness
03-08-2014, 12:43 AM
Ware? Houston? Some other team thinking they can make something out of Flynn? Is this predictions or wishful thinking?

I say TT says damn the torpedoes, gives up a couple few first rounders and signed Graham (yes, that Graham) to a 5yr deal!

JJ to Denver is actually not that unreasonable. Sorry Bretsky.

Bretsky
03-08-2014, 06:55 AM
WARE OR HOUSTON...THAT WOULD BE GREAT !!!!!

Bretsky
03-08-2014, 06:56 AM
TT overpays EDS; I hope I am wrong...that is not crazy but I see it coming

3irty1
03-08-2014, 08:47 AM

What do you think EDS is worth?

pbmax
03-08-2014, 08:51 AM

JSO reported, in a very no logical set of comparisons, that losing EDS is less likely to happen because of the Jeff Saturday disaster after losing Wells.

Yes, losing one vet and replacing him with a young player (Tretter) or FA could be dicey and the QB has endorsed resigning EDS.

But EDS is not Wells and so to contemplate paying him near top FA center money (JSO's contention) might be stupid. And the fact is, not signing Wells was a long term gain, even if it was a short term loss. This doesn't even begin to touch on Wells determination to get both his payday and victory over the team that benched him for Spitz.

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/packers-focus-centers-around-dietrich-smith-as-he-hits-open-market-b99220553z1-249089031.html

red
03-08-2014, 08:51 AM
DT - vance walker
S -Steve Gregory
TE- ed dickson

i looked at a list of free agents, then looked at positions of need, and went down the list until i found a guy i hadn't heard of before

pbmax
03-08-2014, 08:52 AM

Let's hope its less than Wells 4yr/$24 million

Bretsky
03-08-2014, 09:45 AM

A very fair and good question. Personally I think the number is about 3MIL a year for an average at best starting center in our offense. I'd be ok with 3.5 as well. Never been a huge fan of EDS myself. He's ok....just ok.....

Bretsky
03-08-2014, 09:46 AM
Let's hope its less than Wells 4yr/$24 million

I wonder how Brian Schwenke did last year; he was my center of choice for our offense for the next three years.

Bretsky
03-08-2014, 09:47 AM
I wonder how Brian Schwenke did last year; he was my center of choice for our offense for the next three years.

I think we traded out of the pick if I recall.....can't remember all the exacts but we finagled a way to get Jonathon Franklyn through the multitude of trades

Fritz
03-08-2014, 12:10 PM
I think we traded out of the pick if I recall.....can't remember all the exacts but we finagled a way to get Jonathon Franklyn through the multitude of trades

Here's a crazy-ass prediction for ya, Bretsky: The Minnesota Vikings do NOT sign any Packer free agents this year.

I know. I'm outta control.

mraynrand
03-08-2014, 01:34 PM
http://timeentertainment.files.wordpress.com/2012/07/rolling-stones-1962.jpg?w=720

Joemailman
03-08-2014, 04:31 PM
Here's a crazy-ass prediction for ya, Bretsky: The Minnesota Vikings do NOT sign any Packer free agents this year.

I know. I'm outta control.

I don't know. I think Raji will either be here or there.

Fritz
03-08-2014, 05:10 PM
If he eats much more, he'll be here, there, and everywhere.

PaCkFan_n_MD
03-08-2014, 08:52 PM
I predict the packers will up the offer to Shields and he signs w/n one week. He will sign a 4year/30mil deal.

Also, I predict that if TT can't sign Raji w/n the next couple days he will go after Lamar Houston DE of Oakland. Since this is a prediction thread I will say Raji is gone and Houston signs for 5years/35 mil

Did I say 30.. i meant `40

KYPack
03-08-2014, 09:42 PM
James Jones may come home, if not, those spots you named seem about right. Influx of WR FA's hurts his chance of big payday, altho Kurt Warner rated JJ the #3 FA WR on NFL network.

Why wouldn't Ward stay with Cleve, don't think Byrd is that much of an upgrade.

I think you are right on EDS. TT got smoked in the Jeff Saturday deal and the youngest C out there is EDS.

digitaldean
03-08-2014, 10:11 PM

Price a little more expensive than predicted, but you got the deal getting done part right on Shields. Well done! :clap::clap::clap:

mraynrand
03-08-2014, 10:15 PM
Why wouldn't Ward stay with Cleve.

you have to ask?

Zool
03-10-2014, 08:53 AM
http://www.americanbluesscene.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/Rolling-Stones.jpg

woodbuck27
03-10-2014, 09:04 AM

Brian Schwenke is getting ankle surgery.

http://blogs.tennessean.com/titans/2014/01/05/schwenke-says-ankle-surgery-likely/

http://espn.go.com/blog/tennessee-titans/post/_/id/4041/rtc-surgery-for-brian-schwenke

Bretsky
03-10-2014, 07:53 PM
After JMIKE bolts out of GB, Ted comes out of his closet and puts his Badger hatred aside and signs...........GARRETT GRAHAM !!!

bobblehead
03-11-2014, 11:54 AM
TT signs Malcom Jenkins AND Randy Starks.

red
03-11-2014, 12:01 PM
TT signs Malcom Jenkins AND Randy Starks.

interesting, care to throw a dollar number next to those two of what you think they might cost?

i'm thinking 4 or 5 for jenkins, about the same for starks.

i still think TT wouldn't sign a free agent as old as starks though

Bossman641
03-11-2014, 12:25 PM
Packers sign Tony McDaniel and Chris Clemons

bobblehead
03-11-2014, 11:49 PM
interesting, care to throw a dollar number next to those two of what you think they might cost?

i'm thinking 4 or 5 for jenkins, about the same for starks.

i still think TT wouldn't sign a free agent as old as starks though

Well, if reports are accurate I already missed on Jenkins as he signed with someone (was it dallas?) I am thinking TT might land Starks for a "real" 2 year deal in the neighborhood of 12 Million. It may look bigger and be 4 years in fake length.

Bretsky
03-12-2014, 12:37 AM
Nobody has been correct about one outside free agent yet...regardless it's fun.........once free agency starts it's a race for the quality and then who knows from there.

I'd sure take Starks to Green Bay though

bobblehead
03-12-2014, 09:32 AM
Now that we know what jenkins actually signed for, I really wish we could have had a shot at him. I think he was a steal.

red
03-12-2014, 09:37 AM
Now that we know what jenkins actually signed for, I really wish we could have had a shot at him. I think he was a steal.

you were dead on with starks too, pft says he's close to resigning with miami for around 6 million per year

smuggler
03-12-2014, 06:25 PM
That contrac for Starks looks pretty nice, truth be told.

Bretsky
03-12-2014, 07:27 PM
Not Teds mojo to enter FA this early

Starks would have been nice at that salary. Makes Raji at 4MIL seem like........blaaaa

bobblehead
03-12-2014, 08:08 PM
I guess I will never be optimistic again regarding TT dabbling in FA. This was the year and the 2 guys I predicted would have been great additions at the money. Jenkins slides in as a solid starter and Starks takes over for Raji at a tad more money. It made perfect sense and I actually thought that TT was setting up for this year with the abundance of FA's due to teams being unsure about the cap. The 3 year deal to JJ and the 2 year deal for Finley were designed to give him flexibility coming into this offseason, but apparently I overthought things.

red
03-12-2014, 08:37 PM
I guess I will never be optimistic again regarding TT dabbling in FA. This was the year and the 2 guys I predicted would have been great additions at the money. Jenkins slides in as a solid starter and Starks takes over for Raji at a tad more money. It made perfect sense and I actually thought that TT was setting up for this year with the abundance of FA's due to teams being unsure about the cap. The 3 year deal to JJ and the 2 year deal for Finley were designed to give him flexibility coming into this offseason, but apparently I overthought things.

yeah, if ever there was gonna be a year that we went after guys hard in free agency, this was the year

we had obvious needs, and tons of money to spend

Bretsky
03-12-2014, 09:22 PM
Come on Red; we have no real needs. We're fine there :)

Bobble...I was hoping you were right but I gave up a couple years ago

pbmax
03-12-2014, 10:09 PM

Is Starks really a nose though? Thought that was Solari's job. Or did you mean Raji's 3 tech job?

woodbuck27
03-12-2014, 11:51 PM

Apparently you imagined that TT might change.

woodbuck27
03-12-2014, 11:52 PM
Come on Red; we have no real needs. We're fine there :)

Bobble...I was hoping you were right but I gave up a couple years ago

Smart Bretsky.

Guiness
03-13-2014, 12:00 AM
Is Starks really a nose though? Thought that was Solari's job. Or did you mean Raji's 3 tech job?

I think he'd have fit into Raji's role last season, 3 tech. Who's the NT though? I dunno - can Jolly do that?

Fritz
03-13-2014, 06:15 AM
Who nose?

red
03-13-2014, 08:34 AM
I think he'd have fit into Raji's role last season, 3 tech. Who's the NT though? I dunno - can Jolly do that?

we don't have one on the roster at this point

just like we don't have a starting TE, or a starting safety (next to barnett), and we might not even have a center

bobblehead
03-13-2014, 01:21 PM

Yea, my original prediction was that TT would give Raji's money to Starks since Raji didn't want it.

Fritz
03-13-2014, 01:39 PM
Will Ted sit back and draft big ol' Nix from ND to anchor the middle?

Would Wist be happy if he did?

mraynrand
03-13-2014, 03:34 PM
Is Ted gonna sign any non-Packer!!?!?!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XM-6KLbXwgA

oldbutnotdeadyet
03-13-2014, 03:41 PM
Will Ted sit back and draft big ol' Nix from ND to anchor the middle?

Would Wist be happy if he did?

Nope....

....and nope.

oldbutnotdeadyet
03-13-2014, 03:43 PM
So excuse my ignorance, but is there like a prize at the end of the year for those that spend absolutely no monies on free agents?

Smidgeon
03-13-2014, 04:29 PM
So excuse my ignorance, but is there like a prize at the end of the year for those that spend absolutely no monies on free agents?

Excuse my ignorance, but is there like a prize at the end of the year for those that spend any monies on external free agents?

mraynrand
03-13-2014, 04:39 PM
Excuse my ignorance, but is there like a prize at the end of the year for those that spend any monies on external free agents?

http://www.dimensionsinfo.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/Super-Bowl-Trophy-Size.jpg

Smidgeon
03-13-2014, 05:44 PM
http://www.dimensionsinfo.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/Super-Bowl-Trophy-Size.jpg

My mistake. ;)

mraynrand
03-13-2014, 07:23 PM
Not really going out on a limb here, but if Darqueze Dennard is available, TT will take him.

woodbuck27
03-14-2014, 02:21 AM

John Elway hopes so.

That prize has the name Lombardi on it.

Also a little matter of "a certain valued" ring.