RashanGary
08-28-2006, 12:00 PM
Can you read other peoples PM's?

Scott Campbell
08-28-2006, 12:19 PM
He can read your mind.

Partial
08-28-2006, 12:21 PM
Orwell would be rolling over in his grave if that was the case.

jack's smirking revenge
08-28-2006, 12:24 PM

Come on Greg, like he's going to come out and state YES or NO. Any high-level admin of any bulletin board has access to all of the information on the backend, including passwords and etc. He may not read PMs directly, but he has access to it. Does he? I'll give him the benefit of the doubt that he does not.

I used the phpBB for my band forum, until, as I've stated, it got overrun by spammers.

tyler

HarveyWallbangers
08-28-2006, 12:28 PM

Not only CAN he read it, he has it archived somewhere in the DB, so make sure you don't write anything really stupid in a PM.
:D

Partial
08-28-2006, 12:40 PM

Regardless whether Mad can or not, somebodies always watching. You've gotta be careful in everything you do online. Google searches can be used against you in a court of law even, its really quite sick.

jack's smirking revenge
08-28-2006, 12:45 PM

Regardless whether Mad can or not, somebodies always watching. You've gotta be careful in everything you do online. Google searches can be used against you in a court of law even, its really quite sick.

Solid point Partial. If JSO taught us all anything, its that we should be extra careful with whatever we do online. Those people watching could have malicious intent.

Trust no one.

Except me.

tyler

Partial
08-28-2006, 12:48 PM

Solid point Partial. If JSO taught us all anything, its that we should be extra careful with whatever we do online. Those people watching could have malicious intent.

Trust no one.

Except me.

tyler

Not only that, but after learning the hard way about putting something out in public record and having it biting me in the ass, I think its foolish to put anything that could potentially close doors in your life online in the form of public record, be it a blog, a bunch of drunken myspace or facebook pictures, scandalous information, whatever it may be. It's just not a good idea, because anything thats not robot.txt'd can be found with enough motivation. There's no need to lose out on opportunities by being young and foolish.

Tarlam!
08-28-2006, 12:55 PM
Not claiming he can, not claiming he can't. But, he'd be one stupid Mexican if he did and made that public, now, wouldn't he??

Such an invasion of privacy would lead to an exit tempo faster than "Rats up a Drainpipe".

Believe me people, this is a fully irrelevant question. If Mad can do it here, the site-admins can do it on ANY OTHER forum.

Better the devil you know...

Partial
08-28-2006, 12:59 PM
Lets put it this way, I am very confident that its possible and if motivated enough he could. Mad wouldn't do that though, he's too busy and doesn't really give a crap about what people are saying is my guess.

The long short is, yes, he has the ability to if he was so inclined, but he isn't and wouldn't do that. That's not at all his style.

Tarlam!
08-28-2006, 01:01 PM
The long short is, if Mad could, so can ANY site manager.

If your not safe here, you are safe nowhere. I think that's important for us to remember....

jack's smirking revenge
08-28-2006, 01:14 PM

If your not safe here, you are safe nowhere. I think that's important for us to remember....

Exactly.

tyler

RashanGary
08-28-2006, 03:46 PM
Thanks for the response guys....

Scott Campbell
08-28-2006, 03:53 PM

I hope he didn't peek at the sonnet I wrote you.

BallHawk
08-28-2006, 04:34 PM
So if there was a Romeo and Juliet thing going on between Mazzin and Tank, Mad could find out. :D

Jimx29
08-28-2006, 05:01 PM
Can you read other peoples PM's?I think you just need to fees up publicly to what you said in said PM........ :wink:

GBRulz
08-28-2006, 05:12 PM
LOL, that's what I was thinking, too Cyberski.

So tell us, Nick! better yet...just PM me...hehe :wink: