PDA

View Full Version : Jolly Cleared

pittstang5
03-11-2014, 01:24 PM
http://jerseyal.com/GBP/2014/03/11/packers-free-agent-receives-medical-clearance/

Hey, if Jared Allen get's his own thread, Jolly gets one.

Sign him up...ASAP!

Tony Oday
03-11-2014, 01:39 PM
I hope they sign Jolly.

Brandon494
03-11-2014, 02:16 PM
Yea gotta sign him back if hes cleared, he'll be cheap too which I know TT will love.

pbmax
03-11-2014, 02:28 PM
He's cleared to workout. We need to get new terms for these things. No one will sign him until he is close to, or IS, cleared for football.

pittstang5
03-11-2014, 02:36 PM
He's cleared to workout. We need to get new terms for these things. No one will sign him until he is close to, or IS, cleared for football.

Yeah, I caught that. Real bummer. So, if he follows a schedule like Richardson, he wouldn't be available until half-way through this year.

Packers could always sign him, keep him on PUP, then bring him back - BUT, that just doesn't seem practical in a business sense.

red
03-11-2014, 03:22 PM
i would love to have him back, great team leader who actually spoke up and put the team in place earlier this year when the team was playing like shit

and the guy busted his ass to get back into shape this year

how can you not want to have that kind of guy on your team?

woodbuck27
03-11-2014, 03:32 PM
Johnny Jolly is certainly the or one of our best DLman and a locker room leader.

Packer Nation will be pumped to get Johnny Jolly resigned at the proper time.

I'd be disappointed to see him signed by another NFL team.

GO PACK GO !

smuggler
03-12-2014, 06:31 PM
Hope Jolly can continue his career. He'll most definitely come at a discount if he can.

King Friday
03-12-2014, 10:46 PM
Jolly probably feels a good bit of loyalty to Green Bay at this point. Considering the situation, I really can't see him anywhere else. If he's capable of playing, it will be in Green Bay. No one else is throwing crazy money at him.

Fritz
03-13-2014, 06:11 AM
"Great news from doc today. Neck Fusion is healed perfectly n have green light to start some strenght work."

Sign him up - for spelling lessons.

I agree with the sentiment here - Jolly's best fit is in GB, and it's most likely no one will sign him until he's football-cleared by the docs. Probably it will be close to camp when he signs, and I wouldn't mind the PUP scenario for him - give him a chance to heal, have some fresh legs in mid-season for that defensive line.

red
03-13-2014, 08:36 AM
cleared to work out with weights is a far cry from being allowed to play again

but its a step forward

Willard
03-13-2014, 08:45 AM
There once was a Jolly named Jack
Who delivered the occasional sack
With another year clean
Of that purple codeine
We should welcome him back to the Pack

denverYooper
03-13-2014, 09:11 AM
With another year clean
Of that purple codeine

A fine limerick in the spirit of the season. Thusly repped.

gbgary
03-13-2014, 09:17 PM
hope he's back.

Rastak
03-13-2014, 09:19 PM
With another year clean
Of that purple codeine

Awesome. Always loved Limericks.....

KYPack
03-13-2014, 09:26 PM
I hope Johnny makes it all the way back and has a big year. Also hope he has a payday. I know many begrudge these guys getting money, but JJ deserves the big pay-off, he's never got one before.

gbgary
03-13-2014, 09:30 PM
With another year clean
Of that purple codeine

how did I miss that? fantastic.

woodbuck27
03-14-2014, 12:56 AM
Awesome. Always loved Limericks.....

Are you excited yet about the Off Season Rastak?

woodbuck27
03-14-2014, 12:57 AM
hope he's back.

Yes...we need Johnny Jolly back.

Patler
03-14-2014, 04:37 AM
I hope Johnny makes it all the way back and has a big year. Also hope he has a payday. I know many begrudge these guys getting money, but JJ deserves the big pay-off, he's never got one before.

Agreed. While he's never had one, he was offered one and threw it away. GB put a first round tender on him in 2010, which at the time was for $2.5M. He signed it, but never received a dime of it because of his drug arrests. He was on his way to a sizable contract at the time.

In a way, that contributes to my hope that he still comes out well. He has not wallowed in self-pity over what he lost. Instead, he has fought his way back from some very big mistakes. I respect that.

mraynrand
03-14-2014, 06:55 AM
^^^^ It looks good from the outside, but really, we don't know these guys...not really at all.

http://www.wbrz.com/images/news/2014-01/darren_sharper.jpg

red
03-14-2014, 08:41 AM
he smiling because he knows he's knows he already has one passed out back at the hotel

jamies got her all ready for him

Patler
03-14-2014, 09:09 AM
^^^^ It looks good from the outside, but really, we don't know these guys...not really at all.

http://www.wbrz.com/images/news/2014-01/darren_sharper.jpg

I have argued that for years. But, as to Jolly, we do know that:
- he did enough to get released very early from prison, under a somewhat unusual provision;
- he completed his mandated rehab
- he did enough to get a judge to compliment him in open court and relax some restrictions
- he did enough to get the NFL to reinstate him
- he did enough to get the Packers to take him back

... and the last two he accomplished only because of persistence. It appeared the NFL was hoping he would just go away.

mraynrand
03-14-2014, 09:51 AM
^^^ I hope he's turned the corner. For all we hear he's a good guy, a locker room favorite. I'm just cynical. Too many times around the block.

esoxx
03-15-2014, 10:18 PM
Purple Drank

mission
03-15-2014, 11:03 PM
I love Jolly.

Fritz
03-16-2014, 09:12 AM
I imagine he'll get an offer from somebody once they get close to training camp. I hope it'll be the Packers. The guy can play the run and bat a pass down. If he's used judiciously, he can be effective. He may not be able to rush the passer, but he can knock a pass down.

red
03-18-2014, 12:52 PM
jolly will be cleared in two weeks for football activities according to some guy on twitter

Johnny Jolly - DL - Packers

Free agent DL Johnny Jolly (neck) will be cleared for football activities in two weeks.
The news comes straight from Jolly's agent. Jolly, 31, underwent a hip graph in addition to single fusion neck surgery on January 10. He hasn't drawn any known interest in free agency, but the encouraging news should help a bit.

mraynrand
03-18-2014, 02:03 PM
Jolly, 31, underwent a hip graph in addition to single fusion neck surgery on January 10. He hasn't drawn any known interest in free agency, but the encouraging news should help a bit.

hip graph?

http://thebodymechanic.ca/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/graph-of-psoas-and-iliacus-EMG-during-running-and-hip-ROM1.gif

pbmax
03-18-2014, 04:10 PM
Don't they take the bone that will replace the bad disc from your hip?

red
03-18-2014, 04:24 PM
Don't they take the bone that will replace the bad disc from your hip?

yeah i think they do, thats where the bone graph would come in

i remember reading up on the neck fusion surgery a couple weeks ago, and that seemed to be the accepted practice