PDA

View Full Version : Quarless re-signed

PaCkFan_n_MD
03-13-2014, 01:24 PM
The Packers just announced they've re-signed TE Andrew Quarless, another of their free agents.

http://www.packersnews.com/

3irty1
03-13-2014, 01:26 PM
Well that plugs all the gaping holes but the big one by my estimation.

Fritz
03-13-2014, 01:30 PM
The Packers just announced they've re-signed TE Andrew Quarless, another of their free agents.

http://www.packersnews.com/

I don't see that news when I click on that link. That link brings me to the same page I was looking at this morning - nothing on Quarless that I can see.

You sure?

PaCkFan_n_MD
03-13-2014, 01:33 PM
I don't see that news when I click on that link. That link brings me to the same page I was looking at this morning - nothing on Quarless that I can see.

You sure?

It was posted in the twitter feed. But here is another http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/

red
03-13-2014, 01:34 PM
i really hope we didn't give him more then a couple million a year. in my mind, he's not a starter

someone noted that owen daniels has missed on average 5 games per year, well quarless has averaged over 6 games missed per year

last year was his first injury free year, he got 10 starts, and his stats were unimpressive to me

he's better then the nothing we had yesterday, but we still need a starter imo

Fritz
03-13-2014, 01:35 PM
Thanks. I appreciate it.

While Quarless isn't a world-beater, I'm still glad he's back.

PaCkFan_n_MD
03-13-2014, 01:40 PM
i really hope we didn't give him more then a couple million a year. in my mind, he's not a starter

someone noted that owen daniels has missed on average 5 games per year, well quarless has averaged over 6 games missed per year

last year was his first injury free year, he got 10 starts, and his stats were unimpressive to me

he's better then the nothing we had yesterday, but we still need a starter imo

This. As long as we didn't over pay with the assumption that he's the starter next year, then I'm happy he's back. At the very least it gives us a decent option at TE if Finley leaves and we can't land a solid TE in the draft.

PaCkFan_n_MD
03-13-2014, 01:41 PM
I'm actually really liking the idea of drafting Ebron round one if he's available. Ebron and Quarless would be a great one-two punch.

Fritz
03-13-2014, 01:42 PM
He's a good working-class kind of player. He can play ST, I think, and he knows the offense. He's probably not breaking the bank or anything. I think it's good.

denverYooper
03-13-2014, 02:30 PM
Oh, I heard he resigned.

mraynrand
03-13-2014, 03:10 PM
Oh, I heard he resigned.

GAHHHHHH!

mraynrand
03-13-2014, 03:11 PM
I'm actually really liking the idea of drafting Ebron round one if he's available. Ebron and Quarless would be a great one-two punch.

After Detroilet signed Golden Snitch, I believe they are now in the running to draft Ebron. F-ers.

mraynrand
03-13-2014, 03:14 PM
Well that plugs all the gaping holes but the big one by my estimation.

You estimate your big one on your own time.

I assume you meant Safety, but you could also mean Nose Tackle. Sign up Brett Favre - he plays like a Nose Tackle!

red
03-13-2014, 04:07 PM
from rotoworld

Packers re-signed TE Andrew Quarless to a two-year, $3 million contract.
Quarless was surprisingly drawing strong interest on the open market. He reportedly had as many as eight teams after his services. The 25-year-old hasn't been much of a pass-catcher in his young career but should be given an opportunity to replace Jermichael Finely. Brandon Bostick will also be in the mix.

perfectly acceptable signing imo

good move

SMBASS
03-13-2014, 04:09 PM
@TomSilverstein: Very, very modest deal. Cap around $1.2 mil RT @RavensInsider: Packers tight end Andrew Quarless: two years, $3 million, $350,000 guaranteed

Wow, heck of a good deal for Q.

run pMc
03-13-2014, 07:00 PM
The fact that Owen Daniels left without a contract but Quarless got one probably sums things up. Quarless is a decent #2 TE; maybe Bostick can do something, but I haven't been overly impressed with him. I think they'll draft a TE in the mid-rounds. There are a few that are athletic enough and will be there on Day 2 and 3.

Then again, if Ebron is there at 21 (unlikely IMO) a lot of folks will be screaming for TT to run to the podium with the card.

Q's contract isn't horrible expensive (especially if he had that much interest, and if he sucks they can cut him.

ThunderDan
03-13-2014, 07:10 PM
After Detroilet signed Golden Snitch, I believe they are now in the running to draft Ebron. F-ers.

I just don't understand Det's moves. How many more yards can their offense generate? Stafford threw for over 4,500.

They should be trying to improve their D.

smuggler
03-13-2014, 07:19 PM
Quarless missed almost two whole seasons due to a freak injury. It could have happened to any player on he team. Be thankful it was Quarless. You can criticize him easily for being a nobody. Do NOT question his toughness. That injury would have destroyed lesser men.

woodbuck27
03-14-2014, 01:06 AM
Thanks. I appreciate it.

While Quarless isn't a world-beater, I'm still glad he's back.

He gives us a TE.

woodbuck27
03-14-2014, 01:07 AM
I just don't understand Det's moves. How many more yards can their offense generate? Stafford threw for over 4,500.

They should be trying to improve their D.

Calvin Johnson !?

woodbuck27
03-14-2014, 01:08 AM
from rotoworld

perfectly acceptable signing imo

good move

cheap cheap cheap.

" What's that !?" Ted Thompson