PDA

View Full Version : Day 3 on

PaCkFan_n_MD
03-13-2014, 05:10 PM
Well my wishlist now basically involves re-signing our own players for the most part. Since most of the big names are gone, I wouldn't mind adding the following guys..

1) Raji. Only if on a one year deal. Fills a big need at NT and allows you to go TE or S round one. I don't like the idea of drafting dline high again, but I do like the idea of making a quitter work his ass off to get paid. Afterwards let some other team pay him and watch him get progressively worse.

2) James Jones. Hard worker and never complains. Day three and no one has signed him. Do you really think he will cost more than 3-4 mil/year? He's worth that.

3) Starks - Even though Harris is coming back, I loved the one-two punch of Lacy and Starks. I could grow accustom to watching them together the next 2-3 years.

4) Kuhn - Good guy to have and still has value on the team. Won't cost much.

5) Flynn - Fits our scheme, knows the offense, has chemistry with the receivers, and his days of wanting to start are pretty much over. Makes perfect sense to bring him back on a 2-3 year deal.

6) Devin Hester - Great return man, thats pretty obvious. Hyde is decent at punt returns, but with him and Cobb being key contributors at their respective positions I would like to bring someone in to solely return kicks. He can also fill in as a emergency 5th/6th receiver. Would love to bring him in on a 2 year deal.

7) Ed Reed - Probably makes more sense to wait until after the draft to see what you come away with, but even then I would sign him to a one year deal with incentives if he accepted. Doesn't prevent you from drafting a safety high and gives you insurance if the draft doesn't setup well for you to select one.

Smidgeon
03-13-2014, 05:45 PM
I like all of those except Ed Reed. He's done.

run pMc
03-13-2014, 06:55 PM
If we're looking at just those players, I'd order them Raji - Kuhn - Jones - Hester - Flynn - Starks - Reed.
They're still thin on DL,
Kuhn's a swiss army knife,
Jones brings toughness and depth,
Hester brings a KR/PR threat and frees up Cobb.
Flynn & Starks are backups and I could take or leave them with the others we have on the roster. (I think Tolzien will improve with a full offseason and Alex Van Pelt in his ear.) Starks has to beat out a lot of competition and RBs can be brought in pretty quick (but you'd need Kuhn to pass protect).
Reed is done.

woodbuck27
03-14-2014, 01:56 AM
It's all good except for "NO" to Raji and I believe Ed Reed's ready to retire even if he imagines he's not.

I wonder what Deven Hester would cost? I was thinking about him as a Packer today.