PDA

View Full Version : Room on the WHO CARES CLUB RAJI WAGON

Bretsky
03-14-2014, 05:27 PM
THE BJ RAJI WHO CARES CLUB

We signed BJ Raji
Raji showed little interest in coming back to Green Bay during the season or after
Raji is back after nobody else wanted him...defined by...in Raji Terms...offering real money

In his contract year when most do anything they can to turn their play up Raji was invisible

We just gave BJ Raji the gift that might keep on giving...another contract year deal to try to turn it on again in order to escalate his future earnings.....and quite possibly...look to leave again

Today we brought that back

My reaction is Who Cares

red
03-14-2014, 05:35 PM
sign me up

Bretsky
03-14-2014, 05:37 PM
There will be lots of beer for us; if nobody else joins we can drink it up. That deal is kind of a two edged sword. He plays well and tried to leave for free agency; he plays bad and we get what we got last year. We signed Raji

WHO CARES

SMBASS
03-14-2014, 05:37 PM
As I stated along with my reasons why in the Raji re-signs thread I would have let him walk so I guess by that admission I'm in the, "Who Cares" club. Simply because we paid and retained him I hope he gets it together and has a good season. I just don't have much hope that it's going to happen.

HarveyWallbangers
03-14-2014, 05:43 PM
I'm predicting right now that Raji has a better year than most of the DL that got the multiyear, $6M/year+ contracts. The switch back to NT will do him wonders. Book it, Danno.

red
03-14-2014, 05:45 PM
I'm predicting right now that Raji has a better year than most of the DL that got the multiyear, $6M/year+ contracts. The switch back to NT will do him wonders. Book it, Danno.

lets hope he plays better, because NT's have to take on 2 blockers on every single play

raji was getting pushed around by single blockers all last year

SMBASS
03-14-2014, 05:46 PM

Hope you end up being right Harvey but then as Bretsky said, if he has a good year he'll want monster money to re-sign next year and he'll just end up walking anyway. I guess it's possible that we're just basically renting him for a year at the rate of 4M.

red
03-14-2014, 05:50 PM
worst case scenario, and i wouldn't put it by the slug after last season, is he blames GB for not getting his huge money and holds a grudge. he pouts all year long and lays down on every snap, and just collects a paycheck for sabotaging the team

SMBASS
03-14-2014, 05:59 PM
worst case scenario, and i wouldn't put it by the slug after last season, is he blames GB for not getting his huge money and holds a grudge. he pouts all year long and lays down on every snap, and just collects a paycheck for sabotaging the team

I doubt or at least sure as heck hope that doesn't happen but that thought did cross my mind too.

Bretsky
03-14-2014, 06:00 PM

And then do you predict he leaves or stays ? And then do you predict he continues to excel or his play falls off again ???????

Bretsky
03-14-2014, 06:01 PM
As I stated along with my reasons why in the Raji re-signs thread I would have let him walk so I guess by that admission I'm in the, "Who Cares" club. Simply because we paid and retained him I hope he gets it together and has a good season. I just don't have much hope that it's going to happen.

Welcome aboard; the investors are funding brewski's of our choice !!!

woodbuck27
03-14-2014, 06:03 PM
THE BJ RAJI WHO CARES CLUB

We signed BJ Raji
Raji showed little interest in coming back to Green Bay during the season or after
Raji is back after nobody else wanted him...defined by...in Raji Terms...offering real money

In his contract year when most do anything they can to turn their play up Raji was invisible

We just gave BJ Raji the gift that might keep on giving...another contract year deal to try to turn it on again in order to escalate his future earnings.....and quite possibly...look to leave again

Today we brought that back

My reaction is Who Cares

This is a pure definition of Ted Thompson and Company and "magical thinking".

TT is going to pay BJ Raji $4 Million$ for one season for what?

To get stood up by every OLman he faces. His coach better get that fat ass into the weight room. Raji needs to seriously condition.

This move sucks...this move is over the top dumb. Obviously BJ Raji is eating crow and worse TT is letting him do that. The crow is expensive at $4 million$ / one season. This looks very much like TT went with a lose-lose situation here. Either Raji sucks again in 2014 or he plays very well and I both cases he's more than likely >>>GONE ! TT is playing Raji all that money to get him ready for another NFL team?

Ohh TT will renegotiate a huge contract with Raji if he's doing well by mid season next. Why? T had to see what we did. that BJ raji gave up on his play last season..well for two seasons but TT has such a fricken ego he has to hang onto some glimmer of hope and his former NO. 9 draft pick.

This one falls into the "fool category".

" Fool me once and shame on you. Fool me twice and shame on me. "

I look at this another way;

As far as I see it now the more dumb moves the better to reveal what TT really is.

This one has real potential to light TT up !

MadScientist
03-14-2014, 06:07 PM

That's why there's bonus money, to give him reason to not do this. Besides, he didn't get fat Albert money so he still has reason to try. Worst case is that he plays like last year because that is all he is anymore.

SMBASS
03-14-2014, 06:10 PM
Welcome aboard; the investors are funding brewski's of our choice !!!

I'm not much of a beer connoisseur but when I do drink beer I enjoy Bohemia, Modelo, and Amstel Light amongst a few others. Lol...

King Friday
03-14-2014, 06:12 PM
Raji thought he had a fat contract coming, even if he just played like a lazy ass last season.

He found out that he was quite mistaken.

The one year contract is perfect for Green Bay. I agree that worst case, he's what he was last year. However, there is a significant potential that he's better...because he can't sign another significant contract unless he does. He is keenly aware of that now.

pbmax
03-14-2014, 07:23 PM
You all are a bunch of yellow-bellied (other teams') Free Agent sniffers!

Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries!

Might be Harv and me alone but I am on the Raji surprises everyone team.

SMBASS
03-14-2014, 07:28 PM

I take exception to those accusations PB. My mother was a prim and proper chinchilla and not one of those lowly hamsters!

Bretsky
03-14-2014, 07:45 PM

As all Harv really predicted was Raji would be better than some of the busts that got bigger contracts and would benefit form his switch to NT
I can predict that :)

Back to the premise

WHO CARES

Joemailman
03-14-2014, 07:46 PM
I'm in the "worth the risk" category. Not sure all what contributed to his sub-par season last year, but he's young enough and healthy enough to reverse it.

Bretsky
03-14-2014, 07:46 PM
Raji thought he had a fat contract coming, even if he just played like a lazy ass last season.

He found out that he was quite mistaken.

The one year contract is perfect for Green Bay. I agree that worst case, he's what he was last year. However, there is a significant potential that he's better...because he can't sign another significant contract unless he does. He is keenly aware of that now.

I'd say the one year deal is good for Raji
It reminds me of the Revis deal. Those two seem out for themselves.
They should have added a team option year two for about 5MIL

Bretsky
03-14-2014, 07:48 PM
I'm in the "worth the risk" category. Not sure all what contributed to his sub-par season last year, but he's young enough and healthy enough to reverse it.

When I read the above post it reminded me of all the tassles I used to have regarding Robert Da Fraud Ferguson

wist43
03-14-2014, 07:51 PM
Are they gonna 1-gap him from the nose?? Cause he sure can't 2-gap, and he can't take on double teams. He consistently gets turned and driven downfield by double teams.

I'm expecting more of the same across the board for the defense. It will be all of the same players, with the same coaches, and single minded of purpose Dom calling the shots - don't see how anything changes.

I still like Raji as a player... just hate the way he's been used since the SB season. I'd have taken less money from another team just to get outta Green Bay; ditto Mike Neal. They're both back though, so we're looking at more of the same.

Joemailman
03-14-2014, 07:51 PM
I'd say the one year deal is good for Raji
It reminds me of the Revis deal. Those two seem out for themselves.
They should have added a team option year two for about 5MIL

No way BJ would have signed that. If he has a good year, he'll get a lot more than that from someone in 2015.

Joemailman
03-14-2014, 07:53 PM
When I read the above post it reminded me of all the tassles I used to have regarding Robert Da Fraud Ferguson

This could be BJ's breakout year!

red
03-14-2014, 07:59 PM

now leave this thread to us haters, or i shall taunt you a second time

HarveyWallbangers
03-14-2014, 08:07 PM
And then do you predict he leaves or stays ? And then do you predict he continues to excel or his play falls off again ???????

Leaves

Bretsky
03-14-2014, 08:22 PM
Leaves

Fair enough; I would agree with you because everything I've heard and read pointed to him wanting to leave. So I'd say this.

If Raji gets better, and then leaves for more money.....unless Green Bay wins a Super Bowl next year this was the wrong move IMO.

Rutnstrut
03-14-2014, 08:24 PM
What's the possibility that good old Teddy just doesn't want to admit another of his draft picks are worthless?

woodbuck27
03-14-2014, 08:25 PM
Fair enough; I would agree with you because everything I've heard and read pointed to him wanting to leave. So I'd say this.

If Raji gets better, and then leaves for more money.....unless Green Bay wins a Super Bowl next year this was the wrong move IMO.

You nailed it.

This is going to be an interesting watch now.

A Slocum kinda heat watch. I honestly believe we are better without Raji as something else has to be better than his donut.

PaCkFan_n_MD
03-14-2014, 08:53 PM

I agree, this was a smart move.

3irty1
03-14-2014, 09:23 PM
I was looking forward to his last contract year. I won't get my hopes up again. I'm glad to have the NT position filled with a durable workhorse though.

gbgary
03-14-2014, 09:29 PM
he can only be better. moving back to nt will be the difference maker.

Rutnstrut
03-14-2014, 09:46 PM
he can only be better. moving back to nt will be the difference maker.

You do realize that he got his rather substantial ass handed to him quite easily when being single blocked? At NT he will probably be double teamed a lot, what do you think the result will be?

Striker
03-14-2014, 09:57 PM
lets hope he plays better, because NT's have to take on 2 blockers on every single play

raji was getting pushed around by single blockers all last year

The nose does face off against the center, though. He wasn't getting that as much last season, and I read that he's confident in his ability to beat centers (though not guards? I dunno).

PaCkFan_n_MD
03-14-2014, 10:36 PM
Not to get off the who cares about Raji topic, but since Raji is switching back to NT, any chance Perry switches back to DE. Gut feeling tells me he would be very good if we moved on from the OLB experiment. Let him stop the run and rush the passer from the DE spot, not chasing the QB and trying to cover RBs in the flat. His frame is so large he could easily put on weight.

Bossman641
03-14-2014, 10:38 PM
What's the possibility that good old Teddy just doesn't want to admit another of his draft picks are worthless?

Ask jerron mcmillian

bobblehead
03-14-2014, 10:41 PM

I find this unlikely though, because he wants his big payday. He was convinced everyone knew of his greatness and laid down this season. He found out different. He still wants his big contract and will play better this year because he now knows he needs to actually, you know, earn it. I don't see us re-signing him after this season though as he has shown the colors we fear in bigger long term deals.

bobblehead
03-14-2014, 10:41 PM
PS...who really cares? Not me, I'm on board.

Zool
03-15-2014, 12:21 AM

What an eccentric performance

mraynrand
03-15-2014, 07:43 AM

I just hope he doesn't soil his armor.

Brave, brave Sir Raji
Bravely ran away
When a 2 gap assignment reared it's head
He played dancing bear and shit the bed

Did Not!

RashanGary
03-15-2014, 07:57 AM
Raji is a good player, not great, not even really good, but he's a good player. Im glad we have him.

i do prefer the Notre Dame kid, the 330 pounder in this draft. I watched some of his tape, and he's more of a fighter than Raji, just more relentless.

woodbuck27
03-15-2014, 08:29 AM
I find this unlikely though, because he wants his big payday. He was convinced everyone knew of his greatness and laid down this season. He found out different. He still wants his big contract and will play better this year because he now knows he needs to actually, you know, earn it. I don't see us re-signing him after this season though as he has shown the colors we fear in bigger long term deals.

A agree with you.

BJ Raji is looking very much at best...a one season rental.

I really can't see the Green Bay Packers having enough with the shape our 'D' in in to run for the Super Bowl this coming 2014 season. I'm not getting why TT decided to chip B. J. Raji a large $4 million$ chunk of the Packers CAP. . . .waste that much CAP space. I'm positive that Ted Thompson could have spent that FOUR MILLION DOLLARS a lot wiser.

Ted Thompson is essentially what?...gambling a large $4 Million$ and maybe with incentives (more) on a man that simply betrayed the team and packer nation in 2013. I'd have kicked his fat ass out of the door. He would have been absolutely done with me ..and my position there is based in common sense. If a Green Bay Packer roster starter isn't playing hard and to his best potential and he's generally healthy. that player essentially stealing from and betraying the TRUST the team has in him.

When TT signed Raji to this latest one year contract BJ Raji he acted like a charitable organization andf today and in the immediate future TT has to be thinking talent and business. Raji demonstrated all that's really wrong last season. He was absolutely lost in his position game in and game out he totally failed.

Ted Thompson will be judged heavily on the basis if how Raji responds in 2014. Nothing short of an excellent performance and a deep run for the Packers in the playoff's will offer any redemption to Ted Thompson and this as it certainly appears NOT sensible move. B J Raji has to demonstrate some real pride and bail TT out here in 2014. B. J. Raji owes TT and MM and all of Packer Nation in 2014.

red
03-15-2014, 09:41 AM
maybe peppers can teach raji how to give a shit on the field

Willard
03-15-2014, 10:26 AM
A agree with you.

BJ Raji is looking very much at best...a one season rental.

I really can't see the Green Bay Packers having enough with the shape our 'D' in in to run for the Super Bowl this coming 2014 season.
It is March. I am counting on the Pack to win the next Super Bowl. Having the best player in the league as your QB is a real confidence booster. Everything else will fall into place nicely over the next 5 1/2 months before they have to play a game.

esoxx
03-15-2014, 10:16 PM
Raji = turd

Who cares?

Flush the toilet

bobblehead
03-15-2014, 11:05 PM

I am guessing this is sarcasm since the knock on Peppers his entire career is that he is ridiculously talented, but doesn't have the fire.

King Friday
03-15-2014, 11:16 PM

If he plays well enough to earn a significant contract from someone else next year, he'll be well worth what Ted paid this year...and we'll screw over whoever pays for him when he takes the rest of his career off.

That seems like a win-win to me. Maybe the Vikings can sign him after this season.

mission
03-15-2014, 11:31 PM
This is good for both sides.

Raji realized he can't just coast to a big contract and we get to be beneficiaries of the first time he's worked out in three years.

He won't be a Packer this time next year as he signs for 8mil a year and gains 50 pounds.

Patler
03-16-2014, 04:26 AM

If Raji has a good year and leaves next year, why was this the wrong move? The objective for a GM is to get good players and have a chance for a Super Bowl. Some of that is accomplished with long term contracts, some of that is accomplished with short term moves for players in positions of need. Whether or not you actually win a Super Bowl is subject to a lot of things out of his control. Getting a good year out if Raji for a modest price with no negative cap implications for the future is a piece of the overall puzzle for 2014.

Many on here were complaining during the season that TT doesn't bring in experienced veterans with short term contracts to plug roster holes on a short term basis. Now he has done it with Peppers, and most seem to think it is a good move. To me, it seems he has made a similar move with Raji, but one that is even safer for the team in salary cap implications, yet many don't like it.

If Raji had been something other than a Packer, and had signed the same contract with Seattle, I suspect many on here would claim it to be another indication of how great Schneider is, a one year contract at a relatively cheap price for a young player who has shown pro-bowl ability but for one reason or another, perhaps scheme, has not played well the last couple years. Seattle gets the chance to benefit from his prove-it year and wash their hands of him, or sign him long term when the results are in next off-season.

Fritz
03-16-2014, 08:24 AM
If Raji has a good year and leaves next year, why was this the wrong move? The objective for a GM is to get good players and have a chance for a Super Bowl. Some of that is accomplished with long term contracts, some of that is accomplished with short term moves for players in positions of need. Whether or not you actually win a Super Bowl is subject to a lot of things out of his control. Getting a good year out if Raji for a modest price with no negative cap implications for the future is a piece of the overall puzzle for 2014.

Many on here were complaining during the season that TT doesn't bring in experienced veterans with short term contracts to plug roster holes on a short term basis. Now he has done it with Peppers, and most seem to think it is a good move. To me, it seems he has made a similar move with Raji, but one that is even safer for the team in salary cap implications, yet many don't like it.

If Raji had been something other than a Packer, and had signed the same contract with Seattle, I suspect many on here would claim it to be another indication of how great Schneider is, a one year contract at a relatively cheap price for a young player who has shown pro-bowl ability but for one reason or another, perhaps scheme, has not played well the last couple years. Seattle gets the chance to benefit from his prove-it year and wash their hands of him, or sign him long term when the results are in next off-season.

I agree completely. Furthermore, had Schneider signed Raji himself to a one year deal, I suspect many Rats would've complained that Thompson had again gotten schooled.

And how bitterly many of our favorite Packerrats complained two days ago about how Thompson only wants to save cap money, how he NEVER signs other team's free agents, etc, etc.

pbmax
03-16-2014, 11:44 AM
I have got to get more cynical.

Right now I have message board rep on the line for Sherrod, BJones, Raji and Perry. Apparently I am in love with high draft picks.

If I was a stock, I would be cratering.

red
03-16-2014, 11:47 AM
I agree completely. Furthermore, had Schneider signed Raji himself to a one year deal, I suspect many Rats would've complained that Thompson had again gotten schooled.

And how bitterly many of our favorite Packerrats complained two days ago about how Thompson only wants to save cap money, how he NEVER signs other team's free agents, etc, etc.

not me, i thought and still think that a million bucks would have been too much to pay a slug who quit on his team and gave almost no effort last year, and did just as much

Fritz
03-16-2014, 12:36 PM

I believe Najeh Davenport is the man for THAT job.

mraynrand
03-16-2014, 12:39 PM
I have got to get more cynical.

Right now I have message board rep on the line for Sherrod, BJones, Raji and Perry. Apparently I am in love with high draft picks.

If I was a stock, I would be cratering.

indeed

Mike Stock was an American football coach from 1961[1] through 2009.[2] He coached for 26 years at the collegiate level, 17 years in the National Football League, one year in the United States Football League, and one year coaching high school football in Ohio; altogether he coached 14 different teams.[1] His career included four and a half seasons as a head coach at Eastern Michigan University,[3] where he is remembered for his role in a school-record 27-game losing streak.

mraynrand
03-16-2014, 12:41 PM
I believe Najeh Davenport is the man for THAT job.

There are probably a different set of skills for defecating on the field as opposed to in a gf's closet, in a laundry basket. I am guessing three-cone and squat reps would be a good indicator for success with the latter.