http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/10607022/early-winners-losers-nfl-free-agency

Commentary:

Free-agency winners and losers

Bold moves help Broncos bolster D; Saffold saga a black eye for Raiders

Originally Published: March 14, 2014

By John Clayton | ESPN.com

SMBASS
03-14-2014, 08:22 PM
Nothing against you Woody but I won't even read or click on this drivel because free agency, "Winners and Losers" 4 days into the free agency period, (Or anytime.) is as stupid as draft, "Winners and Losers" the day after the draft is concluded. These morons in the media will write any crap regardless of how ridiculous it is just to fill space or generate ad click revenue. The 24/7/365 news cycle continues to escalate the dumbing down of America at warp speed.

woodbuck27
03-14-2014, 08:30 PM
Nothing against you Woody but I won't even read or click on this drivel because free agency, "Winners and Losers" 4 days into the free agency period, (Or anytime.) is as stupid as draft, "Winners and Losers" the day after the draft is concluded. These morons in the media will write any crap regardless of how ridiculous it is just to fill space or generate ad click revenue. The 24/7/365 news cycle continues to escalate the dumbing down of America at warp speed.

It's been so dull here of late that anything resembling news is terrific IMO.

Without threads this Packer home is far too dull and can often descend into a form of madness. :-)

I'm also used to reading John cCayton's views on this sort of analysis early in FA and after the draft. He simply offers us fans a perspective to view and agree with or not...help forums like ours have some vehicle for a focused discussion.

Smeefers
03-14-2014, 10:05 PM
Jesus. Words of wisdom from Wood. Once I get my preconceptions all set up for you man, you always surprise me.

woodbuck27
03-17-2014, 11:45 AM
Jesus. Words of wisdom from Wood. Once I get my preconceptions all set up for you man, you always surprise me.

Well.... Thank you Sir.

may the Luck of the Irish be with you on this St. Patty's day week. Heck ....may the rest of March be on your side.

We all got a decent surprize when Ted Thompson and Russ Ball ( Packer Contracts) went out and secured Julius Peppers this past Saturday. Now IMO that was a wonder of wonders that Packer GM Ted Thompson gave Packer Nation something more >>> to hope for.

I hope that signing gets us headed into real contention again.

We still need at Safety, ILB and BIG on the DL but it's obtainable.

https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS1Ty_RcAVt0o4qG-u7KaUo7VEICGc3RP02eZjlD8TozkQk2wymLA

GO PACK GO !

woodbuck27
03-28-2014, 07:47 AM
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/writer/pete-prisco/24490706/team-by-team-free-agency-grades-bright-bucs-top-this-honor-roll

Pete Prisco ... Senior NFL Columnist

Team-by-team free agency grades: Bright Bucs top this honor roll

March 18, 2014 7:02 pm ET

Green Bay Packers

" The Packers re-signed corner Sam Shields, outside linebacker Mike Neal and nose tackle B.J. Raji and still found a way to sign defensive end Julius Peppers. Some say they overpaid for Shields, but I think it's a good signing. As for Peppers, it's really only a one-year deal. It bucks the trend for general manager Ted Thompson of not signing big-name free agents, so he must really like Peppers. I like the way Thompson handles his team." Grade: B+