PDA

View Full Version : Peppers a Packer

sheepshead
03-15-2014, 08:14 AM
Bill Michaels
Packers and Julius Peppers agree to a 3-year deal......Hello and good morning Green Bay Packers fans!

Bossman641
03-15-2014, 08:19 AM
Is this true? I'm not seeing it anywhere else.

sheepshead
03-15-2014, 08:24 AM
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1989971-julius-peppers-and-packers-agree-on-3-year-contract-latest-details-and-analysis

sheepshead
03-15-2014, 08:24 AM
I wouldn't have predicted this in a million years.

KYPack
03-15-2014, 08:27 AM
Wist wanted him.

He's the ideal end in a 2-4.

SMBASS
03-15-2014, 08:31 AM
Peppers just turned 34 in January. If this is true it will be interesting to see the terms and if he has anything left in the tank. Had 7 sacks and he played in all 16 games but I didn't really pay much attention to how good of a year he had.

KYPack
03-15-2014, 08:39 AM
Don't know what to think of JP. In the Bengals first game they played Chi in Soldier. A back-up LT pounded Peppers dick in the dirt. Julius did squat at the start of the game and went downhill from there. Then when we played the Bears in Chi, Peppers was "like a kid out there." Most vets start strong, then fade. He did just the opposite.

I hope he can be effective, but you probably need to spell him (& I don't know who you spell him with).

sheepshead
03-15-2014, 08:39 AM
So we traded MD Jennings for Julius Peppers. Sort of.

SMBASS
03-15-2014, 08:40 AM
Michael Neal ✔ @mneal96
So we get Julius Peppers!!! LOL and we got BJ back...and we already got some dawgs!!! Well damn let the hunting begin!!! #GoPackGo
8:21 AM - 15 Mar 2014

Mike Neal on Twitter this morning.

SMBASS
03-15-2014, 08:45 AM
[QUOTE=KYPack;778313] A back-up LT pounded Peppers dick in the dirt.

Lol KY...haven't heard that one in awhile!

3irty1
03-15-2014, 08:46 AM
Wow good call partial!

I think perhaps even more surprising is that it looks like the whole "We want more defensive lineman in the mold of Datone Jones" line wasn't coach-speak. Somethings a brewing on the coaches whiteboard and I like it.

Bossman641
03-15-2014, 08:49 AM
So now we have peppers, raji, jones, daniels, boyd, worthy on the dl. Can boyd spell raji at nt? I feel like we need one more big body

KYPack
03-15-2014, 08:50 AM
[QUOTE=KYPack;778313] A back-up LT pounded Peppers dick in the dirt.

Lol KY...haven't heard that one in awhile!

Yep, Anthony Collins shoved Peppers all round Soldier. Then, when we play 'em, Peppers pounds on Bakh.

Which guy do we get?

highlander
03-15-2014, 08:52 AM
Packers signed Julius Peppers, formerly of the Bears, to a three-year, $30 million deal.

The deal includes $7.5 million guaranteed.

HarveyWallbangers
03-15-2014, 08:54 AM
I'm sure this was important to Thompson.

Because Peppers was released by #Bears, he will not factor into next year's compensatory draft pick equation for #Packers .

SMBASS
03-15-2014, 08:56 AM
Yep, Anthony Collins shoved Peppers all round Soldier. Then, when we play 'em, Peppers pounds on Bakh.

Which guy do we get?

Well, the Bears D was pretty bad last year so I guess we'll find out if his play was part of the problem or a symptom of the problem.

oldbutnotdeadyet
03-15-2014, 08:56 AM
Well, I'll be dipped in shit, TT signed an external FA....

Pugger
03-15-2014, 08:58 AM

Even if Peppers is 34 we got the better end of this deal big time. :lol:

woodbuck27
03-15-2014, 08:59 AM
I wouldn't have predicted this in a million years.

Yes Siree !

Finally a move to a UFA with hopefully something left.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/10612157/julius-peppers-agrees-deal-green-bay-packers

Source: Julius Peppers joins Packers ... Updated: March 15, 2014, 9:28 AM ET (10 minutes ago)

ESPN.com news services

If Julius Peppers makes his last play as a Chicago BEAR on Aaron Rodgers (if John Kuhn) doesn't cut him down and allow AR to spring left to get off that nice toss to Randall Cobb...we don't see our beloved Green Bay Packers win the NFCN in 2013.

I believe this move may well be significant. This move also makes more sense of the BJ Raji resigning.

Damn it doesn't take a lot to keep some of us packer fans happy/excited. It doesn't take much to give the SPIRIT of we really have some hope now to Packer nation. :idea:

Nice move Ted Thompson and damn it if you don't drive me to distraction some times.

Packerrats (and I'm a fan that doesn't need to apologize for being the Packer fan I am ... and wants to win - win - WIN !) I never expected less of myself in any competition. . . . as a part of any past championship team effort. It's all about the journey towords a legitimate shot at winning and not necessarily needing to win. I just want the Green Bay Packers with Aaron Rodgers to be very significant in the NFC. Winning the NFCN isn't enough for me with a QB like Aaron Rodgers leading the Green Bay Packers.

Now Ted Thompson PLEASE address the Safety position and get us an ILBer with skills PLEASE :

Maybe it's my age because I don't have the time for that certain patience I used to have. The proof of that is the long ...way too long of a wait from Super bowl II to the Green Bay Packers third Super Bowl win ( January 26, 1997 and a win Vs New England ) and the next season fourth Super Bowl appearance ( January 25th, 1998 and a loss Vs Denver ) .

Ted Thompson and Julius Peppers. If this works out time will tell but today and for that chance. . .THANKS TT !

:bclap::bclap::bclap::bclap: :pack: :rs:

GO PACKERS ! GO PACK GO !!

3irty1
03-15-2014, 09:01 AM
I don't think its automatic that Peppers will be playing DE. The guy has built his entire career as an edge rusher, I don't think you'd drop big cash on him unless you were scheming to get him lining up on a tackle. Perhaps he'll be a giant OLB. That move has been known to extend some careers.

3irty1
03-15-2014, 09:02 AM

Oh yeah great point. That's awesome.

PlantPage55
03-15-2014, 09:02 AM
I like this signing well enough. I almost love it, just because of how amazingly cap friendly it is.

Not sure what he has left in the tank, but I think the biggest thing the signing does for us is from a team-motivating standpoint in the first place. Not as great a motivator as Charles Woodson, but an approximation of that. You can bet that Mike Daniels, Mike Neal, CM3, etc... are all pumped about this.

That's good enough for me, even if the guy wasn't high on my wishlist.

woodbuck27
03-15-2014, 09:03 AM
Packers signed Julius Peppers, formerly of the Bears, to a three-year, $30 million deal.

Wow ! That surprises me.

That's much bigger money than I expected TT would pay for a player of Julius Peppers age.

Bossman641
03-15-2014, 09:05 AM

That's more than I expected. Hopefully the third year is inflated.

SMBASS
03-15-2014, 09:17 AM
Peppers has definitely been durable. He's only missed 6 games in his 12 year career. We'll see if the Packer training staff can fix that glaring issue.

wist43
03-15-2014, 09:24 AM
I don't get it - how in the bloody fuck is he going to be used??

Seriously, if anyone can enlighten me as to Spraypaintedhair's evil plan - I'm all ears.

Since 2-4 is our most often used alignment - is Peppers going to be one of the DT's?? I assume Peppers and Daniels. If that is the case, the flaw in that thinking is that Hawk and B. Jones are still on the field - 2 very substandard players... not to mention the mess at Safety.

I would not have signed anyone new to the front 6/7... it's a waste of money. Another player for Spraypaintedhair to misuse.

If I was going to spend money in this FA period, I would have gone after Byrd or Ward - and actually solve an obvious disaster position. Next I would have looked at replacing either, or both, of Hawk and B. Jones.

I don't get this at all.

sheepshead
03-15-2014, 09:29 AM
Mike Daniels ‏@Mike_Daniels76 4m

Looking forward to line up next to/learn from one of the best pass rushers, Julius Peppers #SackTime Still complaining about free agency??

red
03-15-2014, 09:35 AM
well, that was unexpected

wow

lets hope the old guy can still play

red
03-15-2014, 09:39 AM
i think we're more of a 4-3 team right now then a 3-4

we still need a fucking safety, or its all for nothing imo

3irty1
03-15-2014, 09:40 AM

Seriously, if anyone can enlighten me as to Spraypaintedhair's evil plan - I'm all ears.

Since 2-4 is our most often used alignment - is Peppers going to be one of the DT's?? I assume Peppers and Daniels. If that is the case, the flaw in that thinking is that Hawk and B. Jones are still on the field - 2 very substandard players... not to mention the mess at Safety.

I would not have signed anyone new to the front 6/7... it's a waste of money. Another player for Spraypaintedhair to misuse.

If I was going to spend money in this FA period, I would have gone after Byrd or Ward - and actually solve an obvious disaster position. Next I would have looked at replacing either, or both, of Hawk and B. Jones.

I don't get this at all.

I honestly don't know. I imagine the player he'll displace the most often though is Perry. Peppers is an edge rusher.

The fact that I don't automatically know how the front 7 is going to look excites me because I don't have the hubris to think I know personnel better than Ted's team or NFL defenses as well as Dom's team.

Patler
03-15-2014, 09:44 AM
I'm somewhat ambivalent about this. I think Peppers still has some games left in him. He showed it at times last year, so that is interesting. But, I listen to Chicago sports radio somewhat regularly, and they absolutely blasted Peppers' effort and attitude after most games last season. They especially criticized his effort the last part of the season when they said it was the veterans time to step forward, and he didn't.

When Peppers came to Chicago, no one questioned his ability/talent, but there were questions about his attitude. I don't see a leader on the Packer "D" who might get Peppers best out of him. If there was a White or Woodson, I would like it more.

This makes me want Pickett back, who they say has a very strong locker room presence.

All in all, I like the move, because there is not much downside to it. Could work out great, but if it doesn't, the team can move on without him.

red
03-15-2014, 09:46 AM
great line in the pft comment section

Raji and Peppers? Fat, old, and slow is no way to upgrade your defense, son

http://graphics8.nytimes.com/images/2012/02/08/education/Dean-Wormer-The-Choice/Dean-Wormer-The-Choice-blog480.jpg

red
03-15-2014, 09:53 AM
his agent says the deal is worth "UP TO" 30 million over three years

expect lots of incentives

his first year take home is 8.5 million, expect some of that to be a signing bonus, so his cap number for this year could be in the 5 million dollar range (give or take a million)

thats not as bad as it first appeared , and something i might be able to live with

Spaulding
03-15-2014, 09:54 AM
Seems like a recipe for success here. Year to year rental and where Pepper's isn't expected to be an every down player. Situationally, it's hard not to get excited about him putting his ears back and rushing the QB. I would think that alone would due wonders for his motivation where he doesn't have to grind out two possible run downs and sticking to lane assignment only to finally then be able to pull out all his tricks. If he truly has little left in the tank then it's a low cost risk given the cap money we have.

Excited to see who this pans out.

SMBASS
03-15-2014, 09:57 AM
But, I listen to Chicago sports radio somewhat regularly, and they absolutely blasted Peppers' effort and attitude after most games last season. They especially criticized his effort the last part of the season when they said it was the veterans time to step forward, and he didn't.

The thing is Patler, I've been listening to Chicago sports radio for 20+ years and I'm still waiting to hear the first intelligent thing come from it. I listen to it purely for the comedic value. 670 The Score never fails or disappoints me when I need a good laugh that's for sure.

3irty1
03-15-2014, 09:58 AM
I'm somewhat ambivalent about this. I think Peppers still has some games left in him. He showed it at times last year, so that is interesting. But, I listen to Chicago sports radio somewhat regularly, and they absolutely blasted Peppers' effort and attitude after most games last season. They especially criticized his effort the last part of the season when they said it was the veterans time to step forward, and he didn't.

When Peppers came to Chicago, no one questioned his ability/talent, but there were questions about his attitude. I don't see a leader on the Packer "D" who might get Peppers best out of him. If there was a White or Woodson, I would like it more.

This makes me want Pickett back, who they say has a very strong locker room presence.

All in all, I like the move, because there is not much downside to it. Could work out great, but if it doesn't, the team can move on without him.

Hopefully winning stokes his fire. When the Bears won the division in 2010 he was a beast. He certainly wasn't lacking effort in the NFCC. Also you know you'll get his best twice a year vs the Bears :)

red
03-15-2014, 09:58 AM
it really isn't a bad gamble to take when we're sitting on so much cap space

SMBASS
03-15-2014, 09:59 AM
his agent says the deal is worth "UP TO" 30 million over three years

expect lots of incentives

his first year take home is 8.5 million, expect some of that to be a signing bonus, so his cap number for this year could be in the 5 million dollar range (give or take a million)

thats not as bad as it first appeared , and something i might be able to live with

According to what I saw Red the first year cap number is only around 3.5M so that's a pretty friendly deal.

3irty1
03-15-2014, 10:00 AM
Yeah at worst I'm gathering this is a 8.5M rental.

red
03-15-2014, 10:01 AM
According to what I saw Red the first year cap number is only around 3.5M so that's a pretty friendly deal.

oh, then this is a no brainer signing imo

good move

Patler
03-15-2014, 10:04 AM
The thing is Patler, I've been listening to Chicago sports radio for 20+ years and I'm still waiting to hear the first intelligent thing come from it. I listen to it purely for the comedic value. 670 The Score never fails to disappoint me when I need a good laugh that's for sure.

Ya, there is that, too! :-):-)

smuggler
03-15-2014, 10:05 AM
Peppers will be a Leo/Devil/Elephant in a four-man front. It also means Clay will be rushing (mostly) from the offense's right side.

First year seems to have a 2.5 bonus and a 1.0 base. If we cut him after the first season, it's 2.5 off the 2015 cap and 2.5 off the 2016 cap and 8.5 total paid.

Willard
03-15-2014, 10:17 AM

I don't get this at all.

It would appear MM is demanding new schemes from Dom? Perhaps the 2-4 is no more. Intriguing. Rumor has it that Dom has also gone bleach blond to shake things up further.

red
03-15-2014, 10:17 AM
Peppers will be a Leo/Devil/Elephant in a four-man front. It also means Clay will be rushing (mostly) from the offense's right side.

First year seems to have a 2.5 bonus and a 1.0 base. If we cut him after the first season, it's 2.5 off the 2015 cap and 2.5 off the 2016 cap and 8.5 total paid.

no, it would be 5 million off the 2015 cap and nothing off the 2016 cap

if he's cut after 2015 then its 2.5 million cap hit in 2016. maybe thats what you ment

Patler
03-15-2014, 10:25 AM
no, it would be 5 million off the 2015 cap and nothing off the 2016 cap

if he's cut after 2015 then its 2.5 million cap hit in 2016. maybe thats what you ment

Teams can designate a contract of a released player to be spread over two caps, just like the old provision for releasing after June 1. Allows teams to release earlier, and let players look sooner.

call_me_ishmael
03-15-2014, 10:33 AM
This is a great move. I think they'll line him up in a variety of ways, but I predict he will be an end in the base defense. He has freaky long arms and will be a menace at shutting down the run.

I really like this move. I received a text message about it this morning to wake up to and I pretty much jumped out of bed when I saw it. Great move, and the contract is super friendly.

I would like to see the Packers look into Shaun Phillips if they can get him for a rate like the Broncos did. Of course, he may not want to play here because we do have depth at OLB so he wouldn't get a ton of playing time, but I think you could even line him up inside on obvious passing downs and get some pressure.

Brandon494
03-15-2014, 10:36 AM
Great signing! I can't see Peppers playing as a 3-4 DE, you'll see him at OLB I'm almost certain. Clay and Peppers rushing from both sides with Neal and Perry spelling them...we might actually have a pass rush worth a damn next season. :clap:

green_bowl_packer
03-15-2014, 10:39 AM
This guy's site (Very Under-rated in my opinion) indicated the same thing about the Elephant position ala Tim Harris and Charles Haley back in the 80's creating mismatches along the O-line. It's gonna be interesting that's for sure.

http://packerupdate.net/?p=30912

Carolina_Packer
03-15-2014, 10:55 AM

I don't get this at all.

Easy Wist, they just signed him. I'm a little concerned about his age, like some have indicated, but if they can use him creatively, I think they can help pressure the QB more than they currently do. As far as the 2-4-5 goes, perhaps they are re-thinking this alignment. If it sucks as bad as you indicate it does, don't you think the collective brain trust of TT, MM, Capers and D-staff would look at the film and figure out what is going wrong, and what they need to do in order to keep running it as the nickel, or what else the can do instead? They are not going to stand pat. If they are going to keep running it, they need better personnel. If they don't think they have the personnel, then perhaps they will run less of it. They watch more film than we do. They know what works, and I'm with you in being surprised that they continue to do something that is not working well, but Peppers does offer an intriguing player that you can use in subs. I hope they figure out how to get the most out of him. The Packers need another pass rusher.

Perhaps they are not done with FA, folks!

Tony Oday
03-15-2014, 11:04 AM
Dust be happy, worst case he is an OLB in your dreaded 2-4 so essentially it's a 3-3 now.

Packers4Glory
03-15-2014, 11:08 AM
The thing is Patler, I've been listening to Chicago sports radio for 20+ years and I'm still waiting to hear the first intelligent thing come from it. I listen to it purely for the comedic value. 670 The Score never fails to disappoint me when I need a good laugh that's for sure.

This!

Win = Super Bowl
Loss = worst team ever/ start the 2nd string QB/fire Lovie

pbmax
03-15-2014, 11:14 AM
http://www.sherv.net/cm/emoticons/shocked/jaw-drop-smiley-emoticon.gif

PlantPage55
03-15-2014, 11:15 AM
I just realized that Peppers' 7.5 sacks would have led the GB defense last year. :whaa:

SMBASS
03-15-2014, 11:15 AM
This!

Win = Super Bowl
Loss = worst team ever/ start the 2nd string QB/fire Lovie

670 The Score is always hilarious but especially after any Bears loss. Buffone and O'Bradovich are comedic gold! I know it's hard to imagine but their, "over the top" act makes some of the more fervent posters on here seem comatose.

wist43
03-15-2014, 11:17 AM
Easy Wist, they just signed him. I'm a little concerned about his age, like some have indicated, but if they can use him creatively, I think they can help pressure the QB more than they currently do. As far as the 2-4-5 goes, perhaps they are re-thinking this alignment. If it sucks as bad as you indicate it does, don't you think the collective brain trust of TT, MM, Capers and D-staff would look at the film and figure out what is going wrong, and what they need to do in order to keep running it as the nickel, or what else the can do instead? They are not going to stand pat. If they are going to keep running it, they need better personnel. If they don't think they have the personnel, then perhaps they will run less of it. They watch more film than we do. They know what works, and I'm with you in being surprised that they continue to do something that is not working well, but Peppers does offer an intriguing player that you can use in subs. I hope they figure out how to get the most out of him. The Packers need another pass rusher.

Perhaps they are not done with FA, folks!

I thought we had plenty of good pass rushers last year - and no, I don't think the Packers braintrust can figure out that the 2-4 is junk, b/c they've had 3 years of evidence to prove that - and yet there it is play after play.

D. Jones is good pass rusher, Daniels is a good pass rusher, Perry is a good pass rusher, Matthews is a good pass rusher, Neal is a good pass rusher, and Raji used to be a good pass rusher - that's 4 1st round picks, a 2nd round pick, and a damn good 4th round pick... and yet we still have one of the worst defenses in the league?? What's wrong with that picture??

Don't get me wrong, I like Peppers as a player - a lot. Age is of course an obvious issue, but used properly, he could be a beast - when we need a beast; but that's just it, what are the odds that he will be used properly?? Spraypaintedhair has given no indication whatsoever that he'll use any of these guys properly - don't see why adding Peppers would change that.

wist43
03-15-2014, 11:19 AM
670 The Score is always hilarious but especially after any Bears loss. Buffone and O'Bradovich are comedic gold! I know it's hard to imagine but their, "over the top" act makes some of the more fervent posters on here seem comatose.

I agree with you guys about 670... I would tune in just to listen to the lunacy. The hosts are as ignorant as the callers.

SMBASS
03-15-2014, 11:25 AM
I agree with you guys about 670... I would tune in just to listen to the lunacy. The hosts are as ignorant as the callers.

Yeah Wist, the people who call into that station regarding the Bears or anything to do with the Cubs are in a league of their own. I swear that you have to either be drunk or completely delusional before the call screeners let you on the air. Sometimes I think they choose the callers they do on purpose just because they are so funny/stupid.

SMBASS
03-15-2014, 11:31 AM
This is funny as heck and just makes the Peppers signing even better:

Tom Pelissero ‏@TomPelissero · 18m
No matter how Julius Peppers' contract with #Packers is structured, decent chance he counts more on #Bears cap this season ($8,366,668).

(Sticking it to the Bears in any way, shape, or form never gets old!)

gbgary
03-15-2014, 11:42 AM
FA is about getting better. in TT's head it's about getting better AND at the right price. it's a win win.

mraynrand
03-15-2014, 11:47 AM

I don't get this at all.

Last year they used Jones and Neal. Why not throw Peppers in there instead of D. Jones for a handful of plays/game, especially if D. Jones takes longer to develop?

In answer to KY's question, you will get the aggressive, fresh Peppers (Fresh Peppers, get it?), who will come in for a handful of plays and be a beast. We got the Episode VI Darth Vader. He's freaking scary, but he's not as invincible as in Episode V: If he gets electrocuted and has to fight too long he will be defeated - and turn away from the dark side.

Bretsky
03-15-2014, 11:56 AM
it really isn't a bad gamble to take when we're sitting on so much cap space

This is a great move Ted, and Dom will find a way to allow him to excel. I'm going to say something I've NEVER said in free agency

ThanksTed

Guiness
03-15-2014, 11:57 AM
*whump*

that was the sound of me hitting the floor

mraynrand
03-15-2014, 11:58 AM
Because Peppers was released by #Bears, he will not factor into next year's compensatory draft pick equation for #Packers .

Good observation. I always forget about that, but TT doesn't I'm sure.

Bretsky
03-15-2014, 11:59 AM
A great pass rush will also make our sefeties look better

pittstang5
03-15-2014, 12:04 PM
this is some crazy shit! I don't know if I'm more happy or completely shocked. TT is off his freakin Rocker!

So, what number does Peppers wear? Raji already has 90...does he give it up?

SMBASS
03-15-2014, 12:08 PM
this is some crazy shit! I don't know if I'm more happy or completely shocked. TT is off his freakin Rocker!

So, what number does Peppers wear? Raji already has 90...does he give it up?

In hindsight they should have signed Peppers first, assigned Raji's #90 to him, and then re-signed Raji and told him this year is going to be a "do over" for the last couple of years beginning with his jersey number!

red
03-15-2014, 12:10 PM
now we just have to sign chris clemons and i might start to have some confidence in our D

until we get at least 1 competent safety on the team, i will have my doubts

red
03-15-2014, 12:13 PM

the pass rush better get to the QB within a second, because thats all the longer it takes to get behind our coverage, or to find the open space (20 yard by 20 yard box) over the middle

Brandon494
03-15-2014, 12:21 PM
Julius Peppers finally gets his wish to play in a 3-4

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/03/15/julius-peppers-finally-gets-his-wish-to-play-in-a-3-4/

Article makes a good point its a shame Greene is no longer our OLB coach.

The Shadow
03-15-2014, 12:22 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gQPN3UKQM-U

Be a Pepper, too!

red
03-15-2014, 12:22 PM
Julius Peppers finally gets his wish to play in a 3-4

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/03/15/julius-peppers-finally-gets-his-wish-to-play-in-a-3-4/

Article makes a good point its a shame Greene is no longer our OLB coach.

even without peppers, its a shame green still isn't our olb coach

PlantPage55
03-15-2014, 12:23 PM
even without peppers, its a shame green still isn't our olb coach

I have to wonder what happened there. Nobody leaves anything to "spend more time with their family."

red
03-15-2014, 12:26 PM
from walterfootball

http://walterfootball.com/freeagents2014recap.php

Packers sign DE Julius Peppers (3 years, $30M; $7.5M guaranteed): B- Grade
The Packers almost never sign free agents, so when they do, you know it's going to be a headliner. This signing is quite complicated, as there are multiple positives and negatives to it.

Let's begin by acknowledging that Peppers sucked last year. He tallied 7.5 sacks, but that's not indicative of how poorly he played. He struggled to place pressure on the quarterback and was also poor in run support. He just turned 34 in January, so he's probably never going to be the same player ever again. Also, the scheme fit is a strange one. Peppers has never been in a 3-4 before, so how will he adjust? He probably had the natural talent to be a 3-4 defender earlier in his career, but that may not be the case anymore.

There are some reasons why this could work, however. First, the price tag isn't that big of a deal. The Packers had plenty of cap space for 2014. This contract doesn't include much guaranteed money beyond this season, so $7.5 million guaranteed won't exactly kill Green Bay.

I also like that the Packers are stealing Peppers away from their biggest rival. That also plays into another reason why this acquisition could work, which is Peppers' motivation. Peppers has always been one to slack off at times, so that may have been the reason he stunk last year. Perhaps he'll be fired up to prove to Chicago that he didn't deserve to be released. There's definitely bounce-back potential here.

All in all, I feel like this signing deserves a B- or C+ (I must have changed it four times). It probably won't work out, but there's plenty of upside and very little risk involved for Green Bay.

sheepshead
03-15-2014, 12:33 PM
This is funny as heck and just makes the Peppers signing even better:

Tom Pelissero ‏@TomPelissero · 18m
No matter how Julius Peppers' contract with #Packers is structured, decent chance he counts more on #Bears cap this season ($8,366,668).

(Sticking it to the Bears in any way, shape, or form never gets old!)
That's Awesome!

Brandon494
03-15-2014, 12:37 PM
I have to wonder what happened there. Nobody leaves anything to "spend more time with their family."

His wife didn't like living in small town Green Bay, I'm friends with his nephew.

PlantPage55
03-15-2014, 12:42 PM
His wife didn't like living in small town Green Bay, I'm friends with his nephew.

That's as easy an answer to swallow as any, I guess.

denverYooper
03-15-2014, 12:48 PM
Last year they used Jones and Neal. Why not throw Peppers in there instead of D. Jones for a handful of plays/game, especially if D. Jones takes longer to develop?

In answer to KY's question, you will get the aggressive, fresh Peppers (Fresh Peppers, get it?), who will come in for a handful of plays and be a beast. We got the Episode VI Darth Vader. He's freaking scary, but he's not as invincible as in Episode V: If he gets electrocuted and has to fight too long he will be defeated - and turn away from the dark side.

This looks right to me. I think they are going to pay him to be a guy they put on the field when they absolutely need to harass a QB. And if the other team decides to run on that front, Peppers will be fine handling that.

Packers4Glory
03-15-2014, 12:53 PM
He can be a force if used properly and not on every down. Will be interesting to see how it shapes out

Brandon494
03-15-2014, 12:54 PM
:-D

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bix6FzlCMAAjyXr.png

denverYooper
03-15-2014, 12:57 PM
I would expect Bears fans to have difficulty with homophones.

packer4life
03-15-2014, 12:58 PM
Woke up to this news like it was Xmas morning!

Dom's D is gonna be very interesting to watch moving forward. A motivated Peppers who situationally rushes the QB and harasses Cutler to no end is just what the doctor ordered in this D.

Anyone have a breakdown of Peppers play in 2013 from PFF? I'll be interested to see his production vs run and vs pass. He sure still looked like a beast against the packers that's for damn sure.

SMBASS
03-15-2014, 12:58 PM
from walterfootball

http://walterfootball.com/freeagents2014recap.php

Packers sign DE Julius Peppers (3 years, $30M; $7.5M guaranteed): B- Grade
The Packers almost never sign free agents, so when they do, you know it's going to be a headliner. This signing is quite complicated, as there are multiple positives and negatives to it.

Let's begin by acknowledging that Peppers sucked last year. He tallied 7.5 sacks, but that's not indicative of how poorly he played. He struggled to place pressure on the quarterback and was also poor in run support. He just turned 34 in January, so he's probably never going to be the same player ever again. Also, the scheme fit is a strange one. Peppers has never been in a 3-4 before, so how will he adjust? He probably had the natural talent to be a 3-4 defender earlier in his career, but that may not be the case anymore.

There are some reasons why this could work, however. First, the price tag isn't that big of a deal. The Packers had plenty of cap space for 2014. This contract doesn't include much guaranteed money beyond this season, so $7.5 million guaranteed won't exactly kill Green Bay.

I also like that the Packers are stealing Peppers away from their biggest rival. That also plays into another reason why this acquisition could work, which is Peppers' motivation. Peppers has always been one to slack off at times, so that may have been the reason he stunk last year. Perhaps he'll be fired up to prove to Chicago that he didn't deserve to be released. There's definitely bounce-back potential here.

All in all, I feel like this signing deserves a B- or C+ (I must have changed it four times). It probably won't work out, but there's plenty of upside and very little risk involved for Green Bay.

**I love these nonsensical ramblings. The guy spends an entire paragraph telling us how much Peppers sucked last year, how he'll never be the same player, how he doesn't fit the scheme, blah, blah, blah. Then he tells us the reason it may work is because of the low cost, (What in the hell does that have to do with anything if the guy sucks and is no good?) and also because we got him from Chicago so even though he's a slacker he may be "motivated" to play now. What a complete crock of mindless drivel. If Peppers sucks and is washed up as he spends so much time trying to convince us then nothing is going to change that and make him better.

I guess this is why I never read or listen to anything by the armchair quarterbacks and self-anointed, "experts".

Brandon494
03-15-2014, 01:01 PM
One bad season and people think hes done, I still remember him almost ending our season in week 17 if not for Kuhn. Maybe the shitty season had something to do with a whole new coaching staff and no talent around him.

SMBASS
03-15-2014, 01:08 PM
Lol Brandon! Julius Peppers is a, "trader"... What type of, "trader" is he? A fur trader, stock trader, bond trader, precious metal trader?

BZnDallas
03-15-2014, 01:14 PM
Time to go get Jolly signed on the cheap!!!! Then if/when Jolly and Peppers are on the DL together we'll have two guys that can 'batt' the ball down..

The Shadow
03-15-2014, 01:15 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gQPN3UKQM-U

Wouldn't you like to be a Pepper, too?

denverYooper
03-15-2014, 01:17 PM
One bad season and people think hes done, I still remember him almost ending our season in week 17 if not for Kuhn. Maybe the shitty season had something to do with a whole new coaching staff and no talent around him.

Yeah, he had little help last year. He'll have Daniels and Matthews next year. Possibly Datone if he makes a year 2 jump like Daniels. Neal/Perry should help also.

There were a lot of situations last year where the Packers looked like they needed just one more point of pressure to really put the screws on an offense. They're looking at him as another guy who will have to be accounted for, another point of pressure. Like Rand said, you pair him with Mike Daniels and have Matthews coming off of an edge and Perry or Neal on the other side, that's going to cause some mismatches and help the Packers get more pressure, APRH.

pbmax
03-15-2014, 01:18 PM
This guy's site (Very Under-rated in my opinion) indicated the same thing about the Elephant position ala Tim Harris and Charles Haley back in the 80's creating mismatches along the O-line. It's gonna be interesting that's for sure.

http://packerupdate.net/?p=30912

This is possible, as is a more conventional approach used by Kiffin and Pete Carroll with an elephant end who does not get to roam after the D declares the offensive strength. The Packers base 3-4 was aligned like a 4-3 under (5 tech, 1 tech, 3 tech, 7 tech aligned away from the TE). Peppers could replace the OLB aligned as a DE in this alignment) and that would mean Perry/Neal is on the sideline.

But I don't think this means that is the only front the Packers employ. McCarthy has stressed, according to reports, longer and more athletic this year. He has also said the must be able to mix and match personnel according to what they do best with various alignments on the field. At the Combine he said they never ran a lot of the fronts they planned due to injury.

I expect Peppers role to be similar to what Neal was asked to do last year. Peppers and Neal will be performing complementary roles and backing each other up possibly with Datone Jones. Rather than have to go to Boyd, Raji or Daniels, who have different strengths, those three long and lean guys will be perimeter D line players who can both defend the run and rush the passer so the offense doesn't get a free ride on its play call based on sub package.

I expect, with some variation, that you will see two types of lineman on the Packers 2014 roster. End types, who might be athletic enough to play an OLB role (Neal, Jones, Peppers) and interior players who can plug gaps (Boyd, Raji, Daniels). The question is what kind of niche can Worthy work out for himself with this kind of approach. I think either Jolly or Pickett could man a backup interior position. If this is anything at all close to what Thompson envisions, it might mean 7-8 D line on the roster depending on whether they view the 3 hybrid guys as enough.

I think the interest in Justin Tuck also supports this, as Tuck runs 6' 5" and 268 and would have been asked to perform as Neal will be. Arthur Jones would have been an interior guy to replace Jolly, Pick or Raji.

Brandon494
03-15-2014, 01:24 PM
Daniels - Raji - Jones
Clay - Hawk - ? - Peppers
Shields - Burnett -?- Tramon

Starting to look decent, fill one or both of those question marks in the draft and we might have a defense next season.

Hopefully one of these 3 players fall to us at 21 or I would like to see us trade down.

HaHa Clinton-Dix
C.J. Mosley
Calvin Pryor

pittstang5
03-15-2014, 01:32 PM
Daniels - Raji - Jones

Starting to look decent, fill one or both of those question marks in the draft and we might have a defense next season.

Hopefully one of these 3 players fall to us at 21 or I would like to see us trade down.

HaHa Clinton-Dix
C.J. Mosley
Calvin Pryor

Never Thought I'd want a safety in the first round, but if one of those two are there, i'm screaming for TT to take one.

If one of those safeties and Mosley are there. I think I'm leaning toward the safety.

denverYooper
03-15-2014, 01:35 PM
Michael Rodney ‏@PackerUpdate 1h

One more thing on Peppers - his cap number figures to be less than Hawk, B. Jones, Burnett, Raji & Neal. How can anyone complain about that?

denverYooper
03-15-2014, 01:37 PM
I have a feeling that Peppers might be interested in trying to get to a SB or two before he retires also. Being on a legitimate contender might help motivate him ;).

bobblehead
03-15-2014, 01:37 PM
So now we have peppers, raji, jones, daniels, boyd, worthy on the dl. Can boyd spell raji at nt? I feel like we need one more big body

Please be very specific with the DL tag....I think we need to spell out defensive line around here.

bobblehead
03-15-2014, 01:42 PM
well, that was unexpected

wow

lets hope the old guy can still play

and you though Randy Starks was too old :shock:

pbmax
03-15-2014, 01:42 PM
Michael Rodney ‏@PackerUpdate 1h

One more thing on Peppers - his cap number figures to be less than Hawk, B. Jones, Burnett, Raji & Neal. How can anyone complain about that?

#OVERPAID

bobblehead
03-15-2014, 01:48 PM
Great signing! I can't see Peppers playing as a 3-4 DE, you'll see him at OLB I'm almost certain. Clay and Peppers rushing from both sides with Neal and Perry spelling them...we might actually have a pass rush worth a damn next season. :clap:

I think this signing is to help Dom confuse. You can pretty much move Perry/Neal/Peppers around quite a bit since all 3 are big bodies who could be stout against the run. Clay can move around as well since he can do anything on a football field.

red
03-15-2014, 02:03 PM
http://www.csnchicago.com/bears/photos-julius-peppers-already-home-green-bay?p=ya5nbcs&ocid=yahoo

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BixSJBWIQAAFn0f.jpg

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BixUFlgCcAEusvE.jpg

i have a theory that peppers came to green bay with an offer to play for cheap, just to stick it hard to the bears for cutting him. i do not see TT going out and trying to initiate this deal

i could see peppers agent calling up TT and saying "you know ted, peppers is pretty pissed at the bears right now. if you give him the chance to kick the shit out of the bears 2 times a year, and help him prove they were wrong, well he'll come play for peanuts"

pbmax
03-15-2014, 02:04 PM
Maybe Reason #1?

Peppers, who went to Chicago on a six-year, $84 million deal that including $42 million in guaranteed money in 2009, spent the past four seasons with the Bears and had 37.5 sacks while starting all 64 of the team’s games over that span.

http://www.espnwisconsin.com/page.php?page_id=278

red
and you though Randy Starks was too old :shock:

no joke

KYPack

Good.

Thanks, Rand I was worried about that.

After seeing a guy at his age improve radically during the year (I think I caught 3 Bears games last season), I couldn't help but wonder if he didn't have some physical miseries at the start of last season. A vet like him is pretty motivated in his contract year, I think he was hobbled by something early in the season.

red
03-15-2014, 02:05 PM
Maybe Reason #1?

http://www.espnwisconsin.com/page.php?page_id=278

however,in the article i linked, he was battling all kinds of injuries last year

so yes, he can be injured, he just does that weird thing where he plays when he's hurt instead of just going on IR

denverYooper
03-15-2014, 02:07 PM
I never knew he was left-handed.

Brandon494
03-15-2014, 02:09 PM
Chicago Bears - 'Top 100 Players of 2013': Julius Peppers

http://www.nflrush.com/video/bears/5259

wist43
03-15-2014, 02:12 PM

I expect Peppers will be used as a down lineman in the 2-4, and some spot duty when they go to 3 down linemen - which of course isn't often.

Given what we have now - here's how I would build the defensive packages with the players we have... Of course the 2-4 is history - never to rear its ugly head again (sadly, we're stuck with it).

Here's how I would address the front seven -

Base?? We almost can't even go to a 3-4 base with the personnel we have. We could play 3-4 with Raji and Boyd rotating at NT, and Peppers/Boyd/D. Jones/Jolly rotating at DE, but that would be a waste of Peppers and Jones. We need another CJ Wilson and Johnny Jolly type to be able to play base 3-4.

We could also play some 4-3 base with any one of Peppers/Perry at RDE, Raji/Daniels/Worthy/Jolly at DT, and D. Jones/Perry at LDE. The OLB's would be Matthews and Neal, and the MLB would be Hawk/Jones.

Nickel -

As I said, absolutely not a sniff of the 2-4.

My first nickel package would be a 3-3 subpackage with Peppers, Daniels, and D. Jones across the line; Matthews at ROLB; Neal at LOLB; and Hawk/Jones at ILB depending on the game plan and offensive personnel.

Out of that I would find ways to get Mulumba on the field, and Hawk/Jones off the field.

I would rotate Perry with Peppers and D.Jones to keep everyone fresh and interested, and occassionly offer up a 4 downlineman look with all of my pass rushers, i.e. go to a 4-2 with Matthews and Neal defending the 2nd level, along with Hyde or whichever DB is inserted as the nickelback.

I would shift the 3 down linemen to address any possibility of the run, and attack the weakest links on the OL. I would constantly be running stunts up front, and if I'm planning a zone blitz I would bring Mulumba up the middle.

Dime -

My first dime look would be a 3-2, with the same DL rotated as noted above, with Matthews and Neal at LB. Depending on the opponent, I would have either a coverage dime (more man) or a zone dime, and the personnel for that look would have to be worked out in camp.

That's how I would approach it with what we have now...

As it is, we all know we're going to get another shit ton of 2-4.

red
03-15-2014, 02:14 PM
Chicago Bears - 'Top 100 Players of 2013': Julius Peppers

http://www.nflrush.com/video/bears/5259

THE RETURN OF THE HUMP MOVE!!!!!!!!!!!

pbmax
03-15-2014, 02:19 PM
Spoon thinks Neal like role as well:

Tom Silverstein ‏@TomSilverstein 5h
Peppers represents tall, athletic end the #Packers are now looking for in Capers' defense. He can play inside in nickel or outside at DE.

Willard
03-15-2014, 02:40 PM
Here's how I would address the front seven -

Base?? We almost can't even go to a 3-4 base with the personnel we have. We could play 3-4 with Raji and Boyd rotating at NT, and Peppers/Boyd/D. Jones/Jolly rotating at DE, but that would be a waste of Peppers and Jones. We need another CJ Wilson and Johnny Jolly type to be able to play base 3-4.

We could also play some 4-3 base with any one of Peppers/Perry at RDE, Raji/Daniels/Worthy/Jolly at DT, and D. Jones/Perry at LDE. The OLB's would be Matthews and Neal, and the MLB would be Hawk/Jones.

Nickel -

As I said, absolutely not a sniff of the 2-4.

My first nickel package would be a 3-3 subpackage with Peppers, Daniels, and D. Jones across the line; Matthews at ROLB; Neal at LOLB; and Hawk/Jones at ILB depending on the game plan and offensive personnel.

Out of that I would find ways to get Mulumba on the field, and Hawk/Jones off the field.

I would rotate Perry with Peppers and D.Jones to keep everyone fresh and interested, and occassionly offer up a 4 downlineman look with all of my pass rushers, i.e. go to a 4-2 with Matthews and Neal defending the 2nd level, along with Hyde or whichever DB is inserted as the nickelback.

I would shift the 3 down linemen to address any possibility of the run, and attack the weakest links on the OL. I would constantly be running stunts up front, and if I'm planning a zone blitz I would bring Mulumba up the middle.

Dime -

My first dime look would be a 3-2, with the same DL rotated as noted above, with Matthews and Neal at LB. Depending on the opponent, I would have either a coverage dime (more man) or a zone dime, and the personnel for that look would have to be worked out in camp.

That's how I would approach it with what we have now...

As it is, we all know we're going to get another shit ton of 2-4.
I like your 4-3 base and 3-3 nickel, especially with CJ Mosley at ILB. Still need a safety. Hoping it is Hyde, an improved Richardson/Banjo, or rookie phenom.

denverYooper
03-15-2014, 02:44 PM
http://www.packers.com/news-and-events/article-1/Julius-Peppers-joins-Packers-predicts-something-different/dc33fe44-95eb-4cc3-af0b-246322f9bc33?campaign=free_agency_20140315_2014127 4

Win a championship with the Packers?

“That’s the most important thing. I haven’t won a championship. That’s where my focus is. I feel like the team is set up to make a run and I feel I can help get it there,” Peppers said.

pbmax
03-15-2014, 02:55 PM
Pete Dougherty ‏@PeteDougherty 3h
Just talked to another NFL scout about Peppers. Ranked him as the best player among him, DeMarcus Ware n Jared Allen even though ...

Peppers is oldest at of 3 at 34. Is more explosive n flexible than other two. All 3 are year-to-year players at this point.

pbmax
03-15-2014, 02:57 PM
Neither Hawk not Jones are 4-3 MLBs. They have trouble holding up to the run in 3-4 with two of them back there. To have to thump with a Guard and/or FB regularly, squeezing holes and allowing the WILL to make tackles is not either's strong suit.

Cannot say it isn't part of the plan because Peppers could change the calculus. But that would be the weak point of the D and it might move MLB to the top of the draft need board.

Still convinced McCarthy has revealed the intention already. Talked about how injuries (Jones, Matthews, Neal) took them out of what they wanted to run. Neal and Peppers means an injury doesn't sideline your hybrid guy (esp. if DJones improves). Perry and Matthews can backstop each other plus Mulumba or short term with one of the hybrids.

The sacrifice is the pass rush specialist Thompson tried to draft in the Worthy/Daniels draft. Daniels has played well enough he stays even if odd fit. Worthy will need to find his niche inside or outside.

Brandon494
03-15-2014, 03:05 PM
Just talked to another NFL scout about Peppers. Ranked him as the best player among him, DeMarcus Ware n Jared Allen even though ...

Peppers is oldest at of 3 at 34. Is more explosive n flexible than other two. All 3 are year-to-year players at this point.

Pepper is just as good as pass rusher as those two but hes much better in coverage.

run pMc
03-15-2014, 04:07 PM
I think they platoon him with Neal and watch his snap count. CHI's d-line was miserable because of injuries to the point where they were starting their 3rd stringers. Plus they lost their starting QB, and we've seen what that will do to some player's motivation first hand. I think if he's healthy enough and he's playing half the snaps he'll bring a lot of pressure and help Matthews et al. get to the QB.

Smuggler mentioned him being the Leo/Devil/Elephant role -- I agree he'll play ths role some/most of the time. I think he'll be all over the place and Capers is crazy enough to come up with ways to do that.

I hope it works.

As for the contract...I wouldn't say it's cheap -- $8M or whatever is a lot of money IMO, but I think that given the cap space they have and the low cap hit if it doesn't work out it's a good risk.
He'll be quite a change from the squatty guys they used to trot out there...maybe he'll block a FG or two.

Joemailman
03-15-2014, 04:14 PM

True, but our Safeties will look better just because M.d. Jennings isn't one of them.

red
03-15-2014, 05:51 PM
As for the contract...I wouldn't say it's cheap -- $8M or whatever is a lot of money IMO, but I think that given the cap space they have and the low cap hit if it doesn't work out it's a good risk.
He'll be quite a change from the squatty guys they used to trot out there...maybe he'll block a FG or two.

the cap space won't be 8 million. depending on how the "guarantee" is worded, the cap hit can be anywhere from 3.5 million, to 8 million

smart money says that the whole 7.5 million is a signing bonus. that spread over 3 years gives you a 2.5 million dollar hit per year, plus the million dollar salary for 2014 that we know for sure he's getting.

my guess is that the whole 7.5 million isn't a signing bonus, but also includes a first year roster bonus. my guess is his cap number for this year is between 5 and 6 million

at worst, the whole bonus is a first year roster bonus and his cap hit is 8.5 million. still not bad for the talent we got imo

3irty1
03-15-2014, 06:17 PM
I'm digging his attitude.

“I’m going to let Coach (Mike) McCarthy deal with questions about the position and the scheme," Peppers said. "I’m not really sure. We haven’t talked in detail about what the plan is going to be for me, but I can say it’s going to be something different."

http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/250454751.html#ixzz2w4lzblRO

Most guys his age would not be looking for a new role or a way to reinvent themselves. You've gotta love his confidence.

pbmax
03-15-2014, 06:18 PM

Most guys his age would not be looking for a new role or a way to reinvent themselves. You've gotta love his confidence.

First thing they should do is reform that Packers traveling basketball team.

wist43
03-15-2014, 06:23 PM

“I’m going to let Coach (Mike) McCarthy deal with questions about the position and the scheme," Peppers said. "I’m not really sure. We haven’t talked in detail about what the plan is going to be for me, but I can say it’s going to be something different."

If he had given it any thought, and looked at what Capers has been doing for the past 3+ years, he probably wouldn't have signed with us.

And if he thinks McCarthy is going to have any say over the defense - he really hasn't been paying attn to anything the Packers have done the past few years. The defense is Dom Capers, and Dom Capers alone - MM has nothing to say about the defense whatsoever.

wist43
03-15-2014, 06:29 PM
I think they platoon him with Neal and watch his snap count. CHI's d-line was miserable because of injuries to the point where they were starting their 3rd stringers. Plus they lost their starting QB, and we've seen what that will do to some player's motivation first hand. I think if he's healthy enough and he's playing half the snaps he'll bring a lot of pressure and help Matthews et al. get to the QB.

Smuggler mentioned him being the Leo/Devil/Elephant role -- I agree he'll play ths role some/most of the time. I think he'll be all over the place and Capers is crazy enough to come up with ways to do that.

I hope it works.

I wouldn't platoon him with Neal, I'd platoon him with Perry and D. Jones in a base 3-4 and a nickel 3-3. I'd even draw up some 4-2 alignments for him, but absolutely wouldn't consider him at LB.

Neal proved he could play LOLB last year, I'd pencil him in full-time.

Of the front 6/7 personnel, the only full-time players I'd have would be Matthews and Neal. Everyone else should be part of a package and/or rotation. Unfortunately, Capers thinks Hawk is a full-time player. Brad Jones should only be a very limited subpackage guy.

Bretsky
03-15-2014, 07:02 PM
Daniels - Raji - Jones

HaHa Clinton-Dix
C.J. Mosley
Calvin Pryor

I know I'll get fleeced for thinking this, but I'd add Ebron to that group and might draft him over all three. To me, those four are the list we'll be picking from, and one will fall IMO....odds are it's Prior...who I pointed out months ago would be an ideal fit

Bretsky
03-15-2014, 07:03 PM
True, but our Safeties will look better just because M.d. Jennings isn't one of them.

I shit in my pants this morning when the NFL Network referenced us signing Packers.
A pass rush will hide secondary play pretty well; that being said, I'd still love for them to sign a smart Veteran Safety AND draft one.

PaCkFan_n_MD
03-15-2014, 07:08 PM
I know I'll get fleeced for thinking this, but I'd add Ebron to that group and might draft him over all three. To me, those four are the list we'll be picking from, and one will fall IMO....odds are it's Prior...who I pointed out months ago would be an ideal fit

Not at all, I would LOVE Ebron round one if he's available. I would actually take Ebron over all those players, I just don't think he will fall that far. I'd be more than happy going Ebron round one and say Jimmy Ward round two.

PaCkFan_n_MD
03-15-2014, 07:23 PM
Back to Peppers, this is what I wanted to see from TT this off-season as I said in another thread. With the cap going up a lot the next two years and Rodgers and Matthews in their primes, now is the time to try and win. Strategy needs to change when the situation changes. This off-season we were put in a situation were we could retain our core AND add a few other guys. I'm glad TT sees that too. Hoping Peppers gives us one, hopefully two, great years.

pbmax
03-15-2014, 07:32 PM
I wouldn't platoon him with Neal, I'd platoon him with Perry and D. Jones in a base 3-4 and a nickel 3-3. I'd even draw up some 4-2 alignments for him, but absolutely wouldn't consider him at LB.

Neal proved he could play LOLB last year, I'd pencil him in full-time.

Of the front 6/7 personnel, the only full-time players I'd have would be Matthews and Neal. Everyone else should be part of a package and/or rotation. Unfortunately, Capers thinks Hawk is a full-time player. Brad Jones should only be a very limited subpackage guy.

Without Hawk or Jones in the middle, in your 4-2 you have Matthews and Neal/Perry there. Either they or the hybrids then have to cover short zones.

The Packers had a definite problem with pass pressure last year. While it produced sacks, it was inconsistent enough to hang coverage guys out to dry several times a game. With your scheme I am assuming you are going for misdirection and disguise on your pressure packages. Then you are counting on that getting on steadier, increased pressure on the QB covering up for the weakness you have introduced into the middle of your coverage.

It might work. But I would rather keep the coverage and see if you can get better pressure with a rotating cast of characters in the front with an assist by Peppers. The best pass rush on the team prior to Peppers signing was Mathews followed in some order by Neal, Perry and Daniels. With only one lineman providing steady pressure, you need Peppers AND Jones to deliver to make a single OLB pressure package work.

highlander
03-15-2014, 08:21 PM
Without Hawk or Jones in the middle, in your 4-2 you have Matthews and Neal/Perry there. Either they or the hybrids then have to cover short zones.

The Packers had a definite problem with pass pressure last year. While it produced sacks, it was inconsistent enough to hang coverage guys out to dry several times a game. With your scheme I am assuming you are going for misdirection and disguise on your pressure packages. Then you are counting on that getting on steadier, increased pressure on the QB covering up for the weakness you have introduced into the middle of your coverage.

It might work. But I would rather keep the coverage and see if you can get better pressure with a rotating cast of characters in the front with an assist by Peppers. The best pass rush on the team prior to Peppers signing was Mathews followed in some order by Neal, Perry and Daniels. With only one lineman providing steady pressure, you need Peppers AND Jones to deliver to make a single OLB pressure package work.
great post pbmax.

digitaldean
03-15-2014, 08:57 PM
I am hoping that Peppers signing will be the kick in the backside that Nick Perry needs. Perry acted a little petulent last year when he was wanting to play on the side that Matthews was on. He thus far has been a huge disappointment.

IMO, I think this pick has nothing but upside for the Packers. If Peppers sucks, then he's one and done and on the street in 2015. But I think he can contribute enough that it can make a difference in more than a few games this year. This isn't the Reggie White or Charles Woodson signing by any stretch, but I think it can light a fire under this defense (and hopefully, Dom) to have a more attacking mentality.

wist43
03-15-2014, 08:57 PM

In a 4-2 I might not send any LB's... if you're sending 4 designated pass rushers, that's good enough on any given snap.

The point of running a 4-2 and 3-3 is to get talent on the field. I'd argue until the cows come home that it is better to have Jones, Perry (as a pass rusher), Daniels, and Peppers on the field to produce pass rush than any alignment that would have Hawk and Jones on the field.

Combine that front with Matthews and/or Neal and Mulumba, and every player you have on the field in that alignment is a threat to generate pressure. The Personnel alone might be enough to force a predictable check down that could be anticipated and defended.

As for coverage - Matthews can cover, you can still have Jones or Hawk in subpackages, and you're still in the nickel.

I don't mind Hawk or Jones in subpackages, but I count them as being of lesser talent that all of those other guys we're talking about - and to that end, I want that talent on the field, as opposed to the lesser talents of Hawk and B. Jones.

esoxx
03-15-2014, 10:03 PM
Love the signing but let's remember; Peppers motor runs hot n cold. Always has. Some games you say "Dayum, that's Julius Peppers out there!" Other games, you'll think Cletidus Hunt has taken over his body and be bitterly disappointed. Know this going in, right now, and it will spare you all the grief later on when games actually start.

Still, it's worth it to get a player of this stature, that demands instant respect from the opposing OL. They don't know if Dr. Jeckyl or Mr. Hyde is showing up so they have to do their due dilligence in their game prep, taking him in to sober consideration. By comparison, I doubt they're losing sleep game planning for Jerel Worthy or Brad Jones.

If the Packers use him right, and I have full faith that Dom will, he'll pick his spots with this aging beast and maximize his collateral damage wherever he can get it.

Be afraid NFC foes, be very afraid.

King Friday
03-15-2014, 11:09 PM
I'm not all that enthusiastic over the Peppers signing, but it was a prudent signing by Thompson none the less. He wasn't going to get an impact pass rusher in the draft. He had money to spend. Why not roll the dice on Peppers, who probably has at least a little bit left and has a high degree of familiarity within the division. If Clay can stay healthy, it gives our defense a couple of freakish athletic talents to aim at the QB. If any of the other young kids on this defensive front actually see the light come on during this offseason, it will help them come into their own as well.

pbmax
03-16-2014, 07:39 AM
http://mweb.cbssports.com/nfl/writer/jason-la-canfora/24486410/pass-rushing-specialist-julius-peppers-right-fit-for-green-bay-packer

“Quite honestly, within the first five minutes of being at the team facility -- meeting Ted Thompson and Mike McCarthy and Russ Ball -- I could see that he felt right at home,” Carey said. “And he actually said that he really liked the vibe that was there. In this process, since Tuesday when he was released, I heard from a total of eight teams that were interested in him, and a number of those teams actually put offers on the table. But when we got to Green Bay he looked at me and told me, ‘Let’s get this done.’”

Liked the vibe of the gentleman he was meeting or liked the contract? Odd he didn't talk to Capers?

3irty1
03-16-2014, 07:51 AM

I'm 90% sure that's what Ted would do. Ebron is killer value at 21.

mraynrand
03-16-2014, 08:33 AM
Love the signing but let's remember; Peppers motor runs hot n cold.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dYNcbdwkHYg

denverYooper
03-16-2014, 08:54 AM
http://mweb.cbssports.com/nfl/writer/jason-la-canfora/24486410/pass-rushing-specialist-julius-peppers-right-fit-for-green-bay-packer

Liked the vibe of the gentleman he was meeting or liked the contract? Odd he didn't talk to Capers?

“It feels great to be a Packer,” Peppers said via text Saturday night, upon returning home from Green Bay and reflecting on the whirlwind past few days. “I'm excited to join a team with a great history of winning and tradition. I could not be more thrilled to have the opportunity to compete for a championship.

“I was looking for the right opportunity to present itself. A team with a legitimate chance to win a title, an organization full of great people and a locker room with great players who know how to win. I was also looking for a unique defensive scheme that would allow me to be a more versatile and effective player.”

Superbowlsuperbowlsuperbowlsuperbowl.

Fritz
03-16-2014, 09:01 AM
Superbowlsuperbowlsuperbowlsuperbowl.

Peppers likes Capers's scheme?

He's no relation of Wist's, that's for sure.

Patler
03-16-2014, 09:55 AM
Sorry if someone posted this earlier, but reading an article today, some stats jumped out at me:

9 interceptions (probably the most intriguing, for a DE)
39 forced fumbles
62 passes defended.

Patler
03-16-2014, 09:58 AM
Interesting contrast in the comments from Tuck and Peppers. Tuck seemed to want to find familiarity, a team that would use him like he has been used in the past. Peppers seems interested in being used in new and different ways. Wants to show his versatility.

Tony Oday
03-16-2014, 10:51 AM
Who is glad Wist isn't our D coordinator?! Ooh pick me!

bobblehead
03-16-2014, 10:58 AM

God often tells players to sign the phattest contract.

mraynrand
03-16-2014, 11:00 AM
God often tells players to sign the phattest contract.

it's hard to put money in the offering plate if you don't make anything. IOW, you can't help anyone else if you can't help yourself.

mraynrand
03-16-2014, 11:02 AM
Caper's schemes seem to improve dramatically when he has better players. Go figure.

pbmax
03-16-2014, 11:42 AM
Caper's schemes seem to improve dramatically when he has better players. Go figure.

Here is the nightmare scenario, PackerRats edition.

Peppers, Neal and a developing Jones allow Capers to align in more fronts with 3 lineman (counting guys with hands in dirt).

Defense improves.

wist healthy enough to watch games, claims credit for 2-4 fail theory.

smuggler
03-16-2014, 11:55 AM
Packers Pickup Peppers Past His Prime to Perkup Paltry Pass Pressure

Fritz
03-16-2014, 12:32 PM
Here is the nightmare scenario, PackerRats edition.

Peppers, Neal and a developing Jones allow Capers to align in more fronts with 3 lineman (counting guys with hands in dirt).

Defense improves.

wist healthy enough to watch games, claims credit for 2-4 fail theory.

If this means the Packers win, then I'd be fine with that.

And anyway, if the Packers win with Capers as coordinator, Wist won't be happy anyway. It would merely be luck.

call_me_ishmael
03-16-2014, 12:58 PM

Dunno if you take haha or pryor that high with them running high 4.5's low 4.6s. That is too slow. Haha was expected to run a 4.35ish. I suspect he falls. Pryor was expected to be 6'2". Instead, he's 5'11. He'll fall, too.

My preference would be:

1. Ebron because he's a freak
2. CJ Mosley because he's a 10 year starter
3. Haha because he is still an alleged freak athlete
4. Pryor in round 2-3.

Smidgeon
03-16-2014, 01:30 PM
I'll be honest. I'm kind of giddy about the Peppers signing. I have no tangible reason to point at, but I really like it. I still can't believe he signed.

I kinda want to get his jersey now... :D

Guiness
03-16-2014, 02:01 PM
Sorry if someone posted this earlier, but reading an article today, some stats jumped out at me:

39 forced fumbles
62 passes defended.

62 passes defended? I like that A LOT. That has to make a QB nervous, and the defensive backfield's job a ton easier.

Jolly always got a ton of tipped balls, I assume that's what is meant by 'pass defended' for a DE?

KYPack
03-16-2014, 02:24 PM

Say that shit 5 times fast.

red
03-16-2014, 03:05 PM
62 passes defended? I like that A LOT. That has to make a QB nervous, and the defensive backfield's job a ton easier.

Jolly always got a ton of tipped balls, I assume that's what is meant by 'pass defended' for a DE?

with his size and length he could just line up right behind the d-line and play a basketball type defense with his arms up. he could take away the whole middle of the field

Cheesehead Craig
03-16-2014, 04:21 PM
In a 4-2 I might not send any LB's... if you're sending 4 designated pass rushers, that's good enough on any given snap.

The point of running a 4-2 and 3-3 is to get talent on the field. I'd argue until the cows come home that it is better to have Jones, Perry (as a pass rusher), Daniels, and Peppers on the field to produce pass rush than any alignment that would have Hawk and Jones on the field.

Combine that front with Matthews and/or Neal and Mulumba, and every player you have on the field in that alignment is a threat to generate pressure. The Personnel alone might be enough to force a predictable check down that could be anticipated and defended.

As for coverage - Matthews can cover, you can still have Jones or Hawk in subpackages, and you're still in the nickel.

I don't mind Hawk or Jones in subpackages, but I count them as being of lesser talent that all of those other guys we're talking about - and to that end, I want that talent on the field, as opposed to the lesser talents of Hawk and B. Jones.

It's not said often to you wist, but this is a very good post. You address your thoughts on how you would run things instead of just the "Capers sucks" posts with no helpful info given (not that you do that very often). I was also on the fire Capers train, mostly because he doesn't seem to be able to adjust during a game when Plan A isn't working. Not because things are unsound. But it is going to be interesting to see what Peppers can do for this defense when we can put 2 very good pass rushers on the field at the same time with him and Clay.

Jimx29
03-16-2014, 11:19 PM
I know where there are a lot of bear/peppers jerseys

http://i59.tinypic.com/2rdghsx.jpg

woodbuck27
03-16-2014, 11:23 PM
I'll be honest. I'm kind of giddy about the Peppers signing. I have no tangible reason to point at, but I really like it. I still can't believe he signed.

That was just my thinking immediately after seeing he signed with us.

I love the name too.

woodbuck27
03-16-2014, 11:27 PM
Love the signing but let's remember; Peppers motor runs hot n cold. Always has. Some games you say "Dayum, that's Julius Peppers out there!" Other games, you'll think Cletidus Hunt has taken over his body and be bitterly disappointed. Know this going in, right now, and it will spare you all the grief later on when games actually start.

Still, it's worth it to get a player of this stature, that demands instant respect from the opposing OL. They don't know if Dr. Jeckyl or Mr. Hyde is showing up so they have to do their due dilligence in their game prep, taking him in to sober consideration. By comparison, I doubt they're losing sleep game planning for Jerel Worthy or Brad Jones.

If the Packers use him right, and I have full faith that Dom will, he'll pick his spots with this aging beast and maximize his collateral damage wherever he can get it.

Be afraid NFC foes, be very afraid.

:-)

woodbuck27
03-16-2014, 11:34 PM

A lot of teams fixing safety in FA. Prior might be there for TT.

If that's the case TT has a real chance at blowing us away with some strange move. TT loves to add picks.

TT is a creature of habit and I can see him trading back if it's confusing asd to the best pic with too many fits.

I really thing we need a safety but don't we need at BIG DT and ILB now more? TT has to add to the Julius Peppers move. To make moves that support that FA acquisition. Make that front seven stronger. Keep the head of the snake STRONG. That'll take heat off of the secondary.

woodbuck27
03-16-2014, 11:36 PM

That's what I mean by my last post.

woodbuck27
03-16-2014, 11:40 PM
Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post"

" Sorry if someone posted this earlier, but reading an article today, some stats jumped out at me:

39 forced fumbles
62 passes defended." Patler

" 62 passes defended? I like that A LOT. That has to make a QB nervous, and the defensive backfield's job a ton easier.

Jolly always got a ton of tipped balls, I assume that's what is meant by 'pass defended' for a DE? " Guiness

Julius Peppers = exceptional athlete ..and that doesn't die fast.

bobblehead
03-17-2014, 12:46 AM
Say that shit 5 times fast.

that shit, that shit, that shit, that shit, that shit....you had to know it was coming

KYPack
03-17-2014, 07:09 AM
that shit, that shit, that shit, that shit, that shit....you had to know it was coming

Give Bobble a Milwaukee's Best Ice for that one.

mraynrand
03-17-2014, 08:51 AM

If you love him that much, why don't you just give him rat poison instead.

denverYooper
03-17-2014, 08:53 AM

Breakin' out the good stuff!

KYPack
03-17-2014, 09:48 AM
If you love him that much, why don't you just give him rat poison instead.

I would never poison a Rat, especially Bobble.

pbmax
03-17-2014, 11:34 AM
I would never poison a Rat, especially Bobble.

Maybe tickets to see Ratt.

http://wp.metalsludge.tv/wp-content/uploads/2008/05/ratt_new_Band.jpg

Pugger
03-17-2014, 11:51 AM

Cute. :lol: :-D

Willard
03-17-2014, 12:00 PM
Props/Praise previous post!

Striker
03-17-2014, 12:31 PM
Dunno if you take haha or pryor that high with them running high 4.5's low 4.6s. That is too slow. Haha was expected to run a 4.35ish. I suspect he falls. Pryor was expected to be 6'2". Instead, he's 5'11. He'll fall, too.

My preference would be:

1. Ebron because he's a freak
2. CJ Mosley because he's a 10 year starter
3. Haha because he is still an alleged freak athlete
4. Pryor in round 2-3.

Any of those scenarios would be fine with me.

woodbuck27
03-22-2014, 07:13 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uUf9wUYKhek

ulius Peppers to Green Bay Packers fan reacts

Seth Hater .... Seth Hater· 1,611 videos

Fritz
03-23-2014, 08:41 AM
So next year will the Bears get a third rounder comp pick for Peppers, no matter how well or badly he plays this year?

This league. Jayzuz.

Joemailman
03-23-2014, 08:59 AM
So next year will the Bears get a third rounder comp pick for Peppers, no matter how well or badly he plays this year?

This league. Jayzuz.

No. they released Peppers. he wasn't a UFA. They will get nothing, and like it.

pbmax
03-23-2014, 09:13 AM

So this is what winning the offseason is like. Feeling good, not having played a down. Its OK for March.

bobblehead
03-23-2014, 06:46 PM
I almost forgot to apologize to TT. I was upset because I had predicted this would be the year he made a splash in FA and he didn't sign any of the "marquee" guys. Although I would have rather had him sign Byrd, I feel slightly vindicated in my prediction.

Jimx29
03-24-2014, 01:16 AM
Packer Reports first tweet March 9, 2009

http://i57.tinypic.com/21l4k6q.jpg

Patler
03-24-2014, 07:36 AM

Now, don't be confusing people! :-)

Peppers was an unrestricted free agent (UFA), but not one for which the Bears will receive consideration for potential draft pick compensation because they relinquished their rights in him by firing his ass before his contract expired!

MadtownPacker
03-24-2014, 02:48 PM
Bobble and Fritz, you know better.

Freak Out
03-24-2014, 07:08 PM
Has Peppers pulled a hammy yet?

wpony
03-25-2014, 01:40 AM
On that site one of the oidiot posters said we should be 8_8 this year the Packers were 5 and 2 when Rodgers got hurt and finished 8 and 8 well that says how bad we need him and what happened when the bears lost Cutler there record went up LOL then they get rid of there winning QB have to love those Bears.also from watching a few Bear games last year Peppers bad yr had alot to do with who he was playing with not only could they double or even triple team him alot his own players couldn't get out of his way even.

mraynrand
03-25-2014, 07:33 AM
On that site one of the oidiot posters said we should be 8_8 this year the Packers were 5 and 2 when Rodgers got hurt and finished 8 and 8 well that says how bad we need him and what happened when the bears lost Cutler there record went up LOL then they get rid of there winning QB have to love those Bears.also from watching a few Bear games last year Peppers bad yr had alot to do with who he was playing with not only could they double or even triple team him alot his own players couldn't get out of his way even.

http://image.shutterstock.com/display_pic_with_logo/479563/479563,1279695204,2/stock-photo-diver-in-diving-suit-with-splashes-of-jumping-out-of-water-and-gasping-for-air-57540640.jpg

pbmax
03-25-2014, 07:50 AM
I can top that idiot poster pony read:

http://packerstalk.com/2014/03/24/the-worst-idea-ever-for-the-green-bay-packers/

http://packerstalk.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/one-really-bad-idea-for-the-packers-300x266.jpg

Shorter version: Dump Rodgers, sign Mark Sanchez

Zool
03-25-2014, 08:29 AM
Trollin trollin trollin

red
03-25-2014, 08:34 AM
i love this like from the article that blasts that post

Most if not all Packer fans also share the unique skill of being Armchair General Managers to some degree. We all have ideas of the personnel moves we would make if given the opportunity to run the team, salary caps and drafts be damned.

yeah, because armchair QBing is unique to us packer fans. no other teams fans ever do it

wpony
03-25-2014, 11:23 AM
I can top that idiot poster pony read:

http://packerstalk.com/2014/03/24/the-worst-idea-ever-for-the-green-bay-packers/

Shorter version: Dump Rodgers, sign Mark Sanchez

After reading that ridicules post I started thinking we need more people saying things like this and trolling and really try and sound serious maybe Rodgers needs another chip on his shoulder saying these hack QBs out there are better than him might just do that :-)

mraynrand
03-25-2014, 01:51 PM
Bart Starr retired in shame?

red
03-25-2014, 02:24 PM
Has Peppers pulled a hammy yet?

you have to give him time, we haven't had a practice yet

mraynrand
03-25-2014, 02:59 PM
you have to give him time, we haven't had a practice yet

or a meeting at a conference table.

red
03-25-2014, 06:29 PM
or a meeting at a conference table.

or just walking into the weight room, or training room to get taped up

red
03-27-2014, 10:41 AM
good article on what peppers role might be

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/what-is-the--elephant--position--and-why-is-peppers-playing-it-for-packers-150229356.html

also interesting the read that then texans head coach dom capers passed on peppers in the 2002 draft because he didn't think peppers could play in his 3-4

woodbuck27
03-28-2014, 05:01 AM

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/what-is-the--elephant--position--and-why-is-peppers-playing-it-for-packers-150229356.html

also interesting the read that then texans head coach dom capers passed on peppers in the 2002 draft because he didn't think peppers could play in his 3-4

Ohh Ohh !

pbmax
04-01-2014, 04:41 PM
Almost put this in the Errata thread, but it seems very football related.

Jason Wilde ‏@jasonjwilde 5m
She will love Green Bay. RT @thebiglead: Julius Peppers Appears to be Dating Claudia Sampedro http://wp.me/p3LRnW-1zfG http://twitpic.com/e01g7x

http://d3j5vwomefv46c.cloudfront.net/photos/large/846594141.jpg?1396373413

Guiness
04-01-2014, 04:53 PM
Almost put this in the Errata thread, but it seems very football related.

Jason Wilde ‏@jasonjwilde 5m
She will love Green Bay. RT @thebiglead: Julius Peppers Appears to be Dating Claudia Sampedro http://wp.me/p3LRnW-1zfG http://twitpic.com/e01g7x

Holy sweet mother of skankiness!

Her bio says actress and supermodel. I don't think you can self-designate yourself a supermodel...

red
04-01-2014, 04:58 PM
she looks smart

pbmax
04-01-2014, 05:03 PM

Her bio says actress and supermodel. I don't think you can self-designate yourself a supermodel...

She also is a fitness model, according to some Googling. I think mainly she it working on her pecs.

red
04-01-2014, 05:06 PM
She also is a fitness model, according to some Googling. I think mainly she it working on her pecs.

i think thats all code for stripper to tell you the truth

Rutnstrut
04-01-2014, 05:36 PM
I gotta be honest, I like him more now;)

Joemailman
04-01-2014, 06:01 PM
she looks smart

She's wise enough to hang out with owls.

http://vimeo.com/74327106

MadtownPacker
04-01-2014, 06:07 PM
Damn Peppy and DJax are giving new meaning to Packer People!!!

bobblehead
04-01-2014, 06:53 PM

NOw he is older. Fast twitch muscles convert to slow twitch. Increase in power, decrease in speed make his 6'7" frame ideal for DE in the 3-4.....thats my story and I'm sticking to it.

mission
04-01-2014, 07:13 PM
Such a skank...

https://www.google.com/search?q=Claudia+Sampedro&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&channel=sb&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=N1U7U7qCJKersQSvm4DoAQ&ved=0CAYQ_AUoAQ&biw=1920&bih=930

http://a.images.blip.tv/Mixedmagazine-ClaudiaSampedro985.jpg

Disgusting....

Pretty much my dream woman.

Guiness
04-01-2014, 07:19 PM
Such a skank...

https://www.google.com/search?q=Claudia+Sampedro&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&channel=sb&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=N1U7U7qCJKersQSvm4DoAQ&ved=0CAYQ_AUoAQ&biw=1920&bih=930

Disgusting....

Pretty much my dream woman.

I dunno - she looks like she was pretty before. Dunno why she would go for those bolt-ons.

mission
04-01-2014, 07:21 PM
I dunno - she looks like she was pretty before. Dunno why she would go for those bolt-ons.

To be prettier? :lol:

Coming from a guy who's about 6k lighter in the pocket............

KYPack
04-02-2014, 07:33 AM

So what am I supposed to buy, the bird or the tape?

Either way, I'll do it.

Yeah, I'm even more impressed with Peppers now, but he might wanna take "Family Night" off.

Brandon494
04-02-2014, 11:59 AM
Wasn't she dating Reggie Bush at one time? She must be the new Kim Kardshian....jumping from one rich brother to the next. Much respect to Peppers though as long as he doesn't put a ring on it, you can't turn a hoe into a house wife.

Brandon494
04-02-2014, 11:59 AM
Who am I kidding, I'd wife her up.

pbmax
04-02-2014, 12:07 PM
I love how the vide tastefully declines to linger on her genitals but is fascinated by her torso. We have a director/producer with standards here.

Fritz
04-02-2014, 01:26 PM
Wasn't she dating Reggie Bush at one time? She must be the new Kim Kardshian....jumping from one rich brother to the next. Much respect to Peppers though as long as he doesn't put a ring on it, you can't turn a hoe into a house wife.

Why would you want to? I like her just the way she is.

Those are some mighty fine jugulars she's got there. I'd go for them.

MadtownPacker
04-02-2014, 01:37 PM
Hot snicker licker fo sho!!

mraynrand
04-02-2014, 01:43 PM

watch out for Pepperspray!

Freak Out
04-02-2014, 06:39 PM
Lovely rump on that wench. Noice!

run pMc
04-02-2014, 09:25 PM

there were owls in the video? I didn't notice.

bobblehead
04-02-2014, 11:07 PM

But I'd wager good money you saw the hooters.

Brandon494
04-02-2014, 11:33 PM
But I'd wager good money you saw the hooters.

http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r147/jlutin/attachment_zpsc6ae015b.jpg

Joemailman
04-14-2014, 02:57 PM
FWIW, Peppers is listed on the Packers roster as LB/DE, and has been issued #56.

Guiness
04-14-2014, 03:09 PM
FWIW, Peppers is listed on the Packers roster as LB/DE, and has been issued #56.

pay attention - this thread hasn't been about Peppers for at least the last page. It is still ostensibly about (favorite) positions though.

pbmax
04-14-2014, 04:42 PM
pay attention - this thread hasn't been about Peppers for at least the last page. It is still ostensibly about (favorite) positions though.

I thought it was about electrical tape.

MadtownPacker
04-14-2014, 04:46 PM
Does Peppers like doing Samurai celebrations?

Noodle
04-14-2014, 08:27 PM
I was in Chicago when Da Bears signed Jared Allen. The overwhelming consensus on all the sports radio there was that they had traded up and wouldn't miss Peppers at all. Not one word of dissent.

So if you know anything about the intelligence of Chicago-Land sports radio, you will be feeling really good about the Pack going with Peppers over Allen.

Pugger
04-15-2014, 12:53 AM
I was in Chicago when Da Bears signed Jared Allen. The overwhelming consensus on all the sports radio there was that they had traded up and wouldn't miss Peppers at all. Not one word of dissent.

So if you know anything about the intelligence of Chicago-Land sports radio, you will be feeling really good about the Pack going with Peppers over Allen.

When the Bears let Peppers go the fans there praised him, said he was a great player they were sorry to lose and wished him well - until he signed with us. Now they all say he's washed up and is lazy. Typical if you ask me.

woodbuck27
04-15-2014, 05:29 AM

http://s3.amazonaws.com/smgphotogallery/bigleadsports/mu/julius-peppers-girlfriend-claudia-sampedro/700/claudia-sampedro-3.jpg

Hi Guiness.

woodbuck27
04-15-2014, 05:32 AM

If she was my girlfriend I'd call her 'Cuddles' and then scratch myself a lot.

Fritz
04-15-2014, 05:57 AM
That is one fine body that woman's got. Yowza.

What was that about Peppers' number? 56? Interesting - a linebacker's number.

Zool
04-15-2014, 10:12 AM
Someone's been busy in CS3

http://i.imgur.com/RucfHir.jpg

Guiness
04-15-2014, 08:35 PM
http://s3.amazonaws.com/smgphotogallery/bigleadsports/mu/julius-peppers-girlfriend-claudia-sampedro/700/claudia-sampedro-3.jpg

Hi Guiness.

http://i1190.photobucket.com/albums/z442/Taren-Future_Doctor-Payne/barbie3.jpg

Remarkable resemblance, isn't it?

Brandon494
04-16-2014, 12:49 AM

If her vagina was located on her left leg they would be identical.

mraynrand
04-16-2014, 08:20 AM

Yes, they both have plastic tits.

woodbuck27
04-25-2014, 10:22 PM

That was ...howls.

Cheesehead Craig
04-28-2014, 07:50 PM
I'm sure Snake is going to come on here and tell us he hit that.

woodbuck27
04-28-2014, 10:36 PM

I don't know "G". She looks cold in bed.

KYPack
04-29-2014, 08:08 AM
I'm sure Snake is going to come on here and tell us he hit that.

Standing up.

In the ass.

Every morning.

& the mannequin loved it.

Joemailman
09-28-2015, 06:27 PM

I don't get this at all.

Here ya go PB.

pbmax
09-28-2015, 06:59 PM

Very happy with transaction. Would recommend to a friend.

pbmax
09-28-2015, 07:21 PM
This thread is no fun. This passes for wisdom inside the PackerRats Institute and Amusement Park.

Kudos to 3irty1 and Brandon for getting Peppers job role correct right out of the gate.

And to Harv for getting the comp pick item right away.

Guiness
09-28-2015, 11:12 PM
So, did Mrs Sampedro make the trip to Green Bay? Anyone seen her getting groceries or pumping gas?

bobblehead
09-28-2015, 11:27 PM
Standing up.

In the ass.

Every morning.

& the mannequin loved it.

I am so epicly ecstatic that this thread got bumped just so I could read this post.

gbgary
09-29-2015, 11:07 AM
Very happy with transaction. Would recommend to a friend.

lol

KYPack
09-29-2015, 11:56 AM
I am so epicly ecstatic that this thread got bumped just so I could read this post.

Snake added that we were all stupid wimps.

Patler
09-29-2015, 02:22 PM

And a year+ later, he turns into a 6th round pick.

For the past season + 3 games:

Allen/Peppers

Tackles - 61/54
Sacks - 5.5/9.5
Pass Df - 5/11
Inter. - 1/2
F.F - 2/4

Impact Plays - 13.5/26.5
(Sacks+PD+Int+FF)

Smidgeon
09-29-2015, 09:28 PM
And a year+ later, he turns into a 6th round pick.

For the past season + 3 games:

Allen/Peppers

Tackles - 61/54
Sacks - 5.5/9.5
Pass Df - 5/11
Inter. - 1/2
F.F - 2/4

Impact Plays - 13.5/26.5
(Sacks+PD+Int+FF)

What about TDs?

George Cumby
09-29-2015, 11:00 PM
Snake added that we were all stupid wimps.

Yes, and lily-livered limp-wristed Chardonnay sipping faggots who wouldn't know what to do with a naked woman in our beds if we had a user's manual in hand.

Patler
09-30-2015, 11:57 AM
What about TDs?

0/2 :-) But, unless you want to call it a "double impact" play, Peppers' TDs were already there on the interceptions.

Smidgeon
09-30-2015, 01:57 PM
0/2 :-) But, unless you want to call it a "double impact" play, Peppers' TDs were already there on the interceptions.

I would call it double impact. One is the turnover, the other is producing points.

Patler
09-30-2015, 03:22 PM
I would call it double impact. One is the turnover, the other is producing points.

I'm fine with that, making the impact plays 13.5/28.5; and Peppers having more than twice the impact of Allen.