PDA

View Full Version : Jim Irsay Is In Jail

pbmax
03-17-2014, 11:38 AM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/03/17/jim-irsay-still-in-jail-can-post-bond-and-be-released-this-afternoon/

Operating while intoxicated and possession.

Wonder if Goodell will wait for the legal process to play out before rendering judgement?

pbmax
03-17-2014, 11:40 AM
Deadspin ‏@Deadspin 1h
Jim Irsay had "several" bottles of prescription drugs, and faces four felony counts of possession: http://deadsp.in/z0DAivH

If only he was in Texas he might be eligible soon for shock probation.

woodbuck27
03-17-2014, 11:50 AM
That mug !

Irsay !? Is that Irish !??

http://a57.foxnews.com/global.fncstatic.com/static/managed/img/Sports/660/371/irsay_mug.jpg?ve=1&tl=1

woodbuck27
03-17-2014, 11:53 AM
http://deadspin.com/do-nfl-front-offices-have-a-thug-problem-709755769/1545461758/+barryap

Barry Petchesky ... Today on St. Patricks day march 17, 2014... 10:31am

Another Owner Is In Trouble. Does The NFL Have A Culture Problem?

" Just since the start of last season, we've seen the Vikings owners found liable for "organized-crime type" fraud, the Browns owner facing a possible federal indictment, and today, Colts owner Jim Irsay arrested and charged with DUI and possession." Fr. LINK above

woodbuck27
03-17-2014, 11:57 AM
http://fansided.com/2014/03/17/twitter-reacts-jim-irsays-arrest/

Twitter reacts to Jim Irsay’s arrest

https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTgC0Uooj751H-PM1tTsb0Fa8ilnYOibY4qJyPuTMOYkqvM2

Jimmy !! Happy St. Patricks day !! Get a lawyer ! Own the Police Dept. !!!

Seriously this is just too dumb. This is about "no self - respect" and worse no respect for the public needs of safety. This man needs to be burned for acting so foolishly. Drinking and driving cannot be tolerated in North America. it's ruined too many lives and the penalty's must be severe if the law in terms of this is violated.

Personally this has struck my life as I lost a dear one to the stupidity of a drunken driver. The cost is too much and the driver gets away with a slap on the back of his / her hand.

http://dui.drivinglaws.org/indiana.php

Indiana Drunk Driving Fines & Penalties

Does the penalty match the risk of or taking a life (lives) !?

I say no way ! The LAW must be tougher here.

Severe jail time and fines and loss of driving privilege and all in concert addresses a proper penalty for being an idiot.

red
03-17-2014, 12:26 PM
awwww

is the poor billionaire going through a rough time?

Striker
03-17-2014, 12:34 PM
I'm sure he'll Tweet all about it later.

mraynrand
03-17-2014, 12:40 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/03/17/jim-irsay-still-in-jail-can-post-bond-and-be-released-this-afternoon/

Operating while intoxicated and possession.

Wonder if Goodell will wait for the legal process to play out before rendering judgement?

four game suspension, automatic.

Guiness
03-17-2014, 01:16 PM
four game suspension, automatic.

suspension from what???

Seriously, this is uncharted territory - how does the NFL go about holding up an owner to it's standards, and how do they punish him? As TFA pointed out, $100K fine doesn't really cut it...

Brandon494
03-17-2014, 01:46 PM
The owners pay Goodell, he'll have no punishment from the NFL.

Guiness
03-17-2014, 01:53 PM
The owners pay Goodell, he'll have no punishment from the NFL.

I'd also remind everyone they pay him roughly $30M/year.

mraynrand
03-17-2014, 02:06 PM
suspension from what???

he won't get to suit up and play. I was being dead serious. I think that will be his punishment - off the game day roster for four games.

MadtownPacker
03-17-2014, 02:09 PM
I'm sure he'll Tweet all about it later.
No shit huh! This puke is a big attention whore, looks like he got what he wanted now.

This will likely results in a reality show: Real Owners of the NFL.

Guiness
03-17-2014, 03:03 PM
he won't get to suit up and play. I was being dead serious. I think that will be his punishment - off the game day roster for four games.

You recently move to Colorado? Or Washington State?

Pretty sure Irsay doesn't suit up for the Colts in this reality:eyes:

KYPack
03-17-2014, 03:09 PM
Bud Adams got fined a quarter mil for shooting double bird at Buff fans.

Ed DeBartolo got a mil fine and time in the penalty box for his financial shenanigans w/ Ex=Gov Edwards from Louisiana..

Irsay?

How bout 2-5 mil

1 yr in penalty box

no more twitter and other goofy public carrying on bullshit?

He will get nailed for this one.

Addendum...

Sumbitch sent a tweet at 4:11 today after getting out of the can.

Isn't this a part of his "problem"?

Tony Oday
03-17-2014, 03:40 PM
What was his BAC? Sounds like the controlled substance was prescription meds in the wrong bottle so that will go away.

denverYooper
03-17-2014, 03:57 PM
What was his BAC? Sounds like the controlled substance was "prescription meds in the wrong bottle" so that will go away.

FIFY

Tony Oday
03-17-2014, 04:50 PM
huh?

mraynrand
03-17-2014, 05:17 PM
You recently move to Colorado? Or Washington State?

Pretty sure Irsay doesn't suit up for the Colts in this reality:eyes:

nothing of any significance at all will happen to him or the Colts. Nothing will look any different than the day before. Perhaps some loser talking head on the networks will mention it when they show him up in his box drinking pina coladas and texting to his bimbos during a game.

mraynrand
03-17-2014, 05:18 PM
No shit huh! This puke is a big attention whore, looks like he got what he wanted now.

This will likely results in a reality show: Real Owners of the NFL.

That's perfect - another TV show that turns a societal pathology into an opportunity for advertising.

denverYooper
03-17-2014, 05:22 PM
huh?

I was just commenting on the fact that they were making some very serious potential drug charges go away with a little sleight-of-hand.

red
03-17-2014, 05:32 PM
nothing of any significance at all will happen to him or the Colts. Nothing will look any different than the day before. Perhaps some loser talking head on the networks will mention it when they show him up in his box drinking pina coladas and texting to his bimbos during a game.

i agree with this

he'll get some minor slap on the wrist, and thats about all the nfl can do

what are they gonna do, ban him from going to his own stadium?
not let him cheer on his team?
ban him from twitter?
fine him a million bucks, guys worth 1.4 billion? thats like me losing a dollar
maybe take away draft picks? thats punishing the team and fans, not so much the owner
force him to sell the club? LOL yeah right

rand is right, nothing will happen, and he's already being portrayed as a victim by the national types. "poor billionaire, he has a drug addiction, and he drinks too much. its not his fault"

i bet he wins the NFL man of the year award next year after he does a rehab vacation

mraynrand
03-17-2014, 05:40 PM
I am detecting another outbreak of Afluenza

Joemailman
03-17-2014, 06:25 PM
I wonder if they'll try to take away his guitars.

pbmax
03-17-2014, 06:52 PM
Still waiting on Jimmy Haslam sanctions.

And my rebate.

wist43
03-17-2014, 07:26 PM
Irsay is a complete sleeze.

rdanomly
03-18-2014, 06:36 AM
It might affect Indy's odds at landing another SB in a few years...

Joemailman
03-18-2014, 06:57 AM
It might affect Indy's odds at landing another SB in a few years...

Good. Who the hell wants to go to Indianapolis in February?

pbmax
03-18-2014, 07:48 AM
Good. Who the hell wants to go to Indianapolis in February?

Apparently, every media member on the planet. All the local guys have been raving about downtown Indianapolis since the Big Ten tournament. And you hear it during the Combine as well.

Apparently, having everything under a roof and within walking distance is the ideal work environment for a member of the media. Whether they actually see anyone from Indiana or it just like a big convention defending like locusts is another matter entirely.

Fritz
03-19-2014, 05:04 PM
Apparently, every media member on the planet. All the local guys have been raving about downtown Indianapolis since the Big Ten tournament. And you hear it during the Combine as well.

Apparently, having everything under a roof and within walking distance is the ideal work environment for a member of the media. Whether they actually see anyone from Indiana or it just like a big convention defending like locusts is another matter entirely.

Come on, PB. They probably just have some really good prostitutes under those domed walkways. That's the appeal.

As for Irsay, it is highly hypocritical that the employees of the league (and it's a monopoly, don't think anything different) can be sanctioned for actions that are illegal or are unbecoming for the league, but the owners can do whatever the hell they please with no sanctions from the league.

It's my ball and I get to make up the rules.

Some shit never changes.

Guiness
03-20-2014, 12:31 PM
And Dungy, as expected, gets on his high horse

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/03/20/dungy-feels-for-irsay-but-says-goodell-has-to-discipline-him/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v-adxIRAeWM

KYPack
03-20-2014, 01:01 PM
Funny, man, too funny.

mraynrand
03-20-2014, 01:17 PM
And Dungy, as expected, gets on his high horse

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/03/20/dungy-feels-for-irsay-but-says-goodell-has-to-discipline-him/

I didn't see anything at all wrong with what Dungy said. And for a 'high horse' designation, it's pretty tame. But I suppose it's fun to make fun.

Guiness
03-20-2014, 02:10 PM
I didn't see anything at all wrong with what Dungy said. And for a 'high horse' designation, it's pretty tame. But I suppose it's fun to make fun.

Pot, meet kettle.

wrt Dungy, whenever someone else steps out of line, he's right there to offer commentary.

mraynrand
03-20-2014, 02:12 PM
Pot, meet kettle.

wrt Dungy, whenever someone else steps out of line, he's right there to offer commentary.

I hear he called the reporter at his house. Still, nothing Dungy said was controversial at all, was it?

mraynrand
03-20-2014, 02:13 PM
Pot, meet kettle.

I try to make fun of bad people, like Woodbuck

Guiness
03-20-2014, 02:39 PM
I hear he called the reporter at his house. Still, nothing Dungy said was controversial at all, was it?

No, nothing controversial, and probably what a lot of others are thinking. But, most others are thinking it, Dungy has to get up on his high horse/trot out his 'holier than though' attitude/whatever and make sure the world knows he thinks it's despicable.

Ever see his do-gooder children's books?

http://d28hgpri8am2if.cloudfront.net/book_images/cvr9781442454637_9781442454637.jpg

mraynrand
03-20-2014, 03:06 PM
No, nothing controversial, and probably what a lot of others are thinking. But, most others are thinking it, Dungy has to get up on his high horse/trot out his 'holier than though' attitude/whatever and make sure the world knows he thinks it's despicable.

Ever see his do-gooder children's books?

http://d28hgpri8am2if.cloudfront.net/book_images/cvr9781442454637_9781442454637.jpg

Those look pretty good. I think I'll buy a few to pass out to friends' kids. We need more do-gooders and fewer Sharpers. :soap:

"Tony and Lauren Dungy are active members of a number of family, faith, and community-based organizations including All Pro Dad, iMom, Fellowship of Chrstian Athletes, Mentors for Life, Family First, Big Brothers Big Sisters of America, and the Boys and Girls Club of America."

Joemailman
03-20-2014, 05:36 PM

You're mischaracterizing what Dungy said. He didn't say what Irsay did was despicable. He said Irsay made a mistake (pretty obvious) and hopes he gets the help he needs.

“I was heartbroken,” Dungy said on 105.3 The Fan in Dallas. “I’ve known Jim Irsay for 13 years now. He’s a special guy to me — a person who is very self-sacrificing and would do anything for you. He did some unbelievable things for me, for my family, for the city of Indianapolis, and I just want him to do well. He’s struggling with some prescription painkillers and other medications — he made a big mistake. I was sad to see that but I’m hoping that this will be the silver lining in the cloud — he will reach out and get some help and grow from this.”

Freak Out
03-20-2014, 05:40 PM
Dungy was doing what he is paid to do most days....offer commentary on NFL related news.

Freak Out
03-20-2014, 05:41 PM
So four felony drug related charges....how can he not do time?

Tony Oday
03-20-2014, 05:50 PM
Because they are prescription, he will have the script show up for sure.

MadtownPacker
03-21-2014, 12:28 PM
C'mon Tony, you know better than that. The prescription excuse is what they will use but his bank account is what will end up getting him a lighter sentence than you would get.

MadScientist
03-21-2014, 12:38 PM
C'mon Tony, you know better than that. The prescription excuse is what they will use but his bank account is what will end up getting him a lighter sentence than you would get.
Probably, since if nothing else he can afford some damn good lawyers. Still in a case where nobody was hurt and the drugs were not stolen, some combination of fine / mandatory treatment / probation would likely be given a non-rich person.

mraynrand
03-21-2014, 12:39 PM
I want him dead

denverYooper
03-21-2014, 12:42 PM

http://memecrunch.com/meme/1E31U/not-sure-if-captain-obvious/image.png

Tony Oday
03-21-2014, 01:28 PM
Oh I know Mad for sure the $1.6 Billion puts him in a different law set then we have but again I want to know the BAC, if it was .08-.1 shit happens not like he was obliterated and the Prescription drugs for ANYONE would be easy to get the charges dropped, unless you are a moron.

pbmax
04-06-2014, 12:27 PM
This is starting out like a police thriller.

ProFootballTalk ‏@ProFootballTalk 41m
Report: Woman died of apparent drug overdose in house purchased by Jim Irsay, less than 3 weeks before his arrest http://wp.me/p14QSB-9se8

However, while Sharper's arrest and behavior seem out of character for his public reputation, I am not surprised at all by Irsay's actions here.

red
04-06-2014, 12:49 PM
So four felony drug related charges....how can he not do time?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kjuRhETwbI0

MJZiggy
04-07-2014, 06:35 PM
Oh I know Mad for sure the $1.6 Billion puts him in a different law set then we have but again I want to know the BAC, if it was .08-.1 shit happens not like he was obliterated and the Prescription drugs for ANYONE would be easy to get the charges dropped, unless you are a moron.

$1.6 billion will not stop them from killing you if you keep abusing them...eventually karma may fix it.

mraynrand
04-07-2014, 06:40 PM
$1.6 billion will not stop them from killing you if you keep abusing them...eventually karma may fix it.

http://iv1.lisimg.com/image/264809/600full-cries-unheard%3A-the-donna-yaklich-story-poster.jpg

digitaldean
04-07-2014, 08:43 PM
Irsay, sad to say, was out of control and sounded like it was common knowledge he had issues that he couldn't overcome. With the four felony counts, it'll be awfully hard, short of buying someone off, to keep Irsay from prison. If the public calls for jail time for the players that screw up like this, then the owners should be held to a similar or higher standard.

pbmax
04-07-2014, 10:50 PM
What did Brad Johnson ever do to anyone other than win a Super Bowl?

mraynrand
04-08-2014, 12:58 PM
What did Brad Johnson ever do to anyone other than win a Super Bowl?

Hanky Panky with Swanky

pbmax
05-21-2014, 08:00 AM
Its good to know due process holds under the Personal Conduct Policy.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/05/21/goodell-wants-more-information-before-disciplining-irsay/

Roger needs more info because driving while impaired is much more confusing that sexual assault allegations.

mraynrand
05-21-2014, 08:50 AM
Its good to know due process holds under the Personal Conduct Policy.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/05/21/goodell-wants-more-information-before-disciplining-irsay/

Roger needs more info because driving while impaired is much more confusing that sexual assault allegations.

PB, There is an investigation in process, so we can't comment at this time. I would refer you to the legal justice system for all questions pertaining to Mr. Irsay's alleged criminal conduct. Once an thorough investigation is completed, the investigating entities will make their recommendations to the league office as to possible consequences. The League office will then initiate a process to assess those recommendations and to initiate a process to begin assessing the impact of putative punitive measures, taking into account the extensive history of the parties involved and their contributions and accountability to the greater NFL community.

pbmax
05-21-2014, 09:30 AM
PB, There is an investigation in process, so we can't comment at this time. I would refer you to the legal justice system for all questions pertaining to Mr. Irsay's alleged criminal conduct. Once an thorough investigation is completed, the investigating entities will make their recommendations to the league office as to possible consequences. The League office will then initiate a process to assess those recommendations and to initiate a process to begin assessing the impact of putative punitive measures, taking into account the extensive history of the parties involved and their contributions and accountability to the greater NFL community.

You forgot that you take all reports of this nature seriously as it affects the perception and value of the game and the Shield.

Guiness
05-21-2014, 01:10 PM

Ok, ok, now do the one for a guy who's been busted with a blunt!

mraynrand
05-21-2014, 02:30 PM
You forgot that you take all reports of this nature seriously as it affects the perception and value of the game and the Shield.

Sorry, I left my buzzword minder card in my other jacket pocket.

Fritz
05-21-2014, 03:16 PM
Ok, ok, now do the one for a guy who's been busted with a blunt!

Because Player X has been arrested for possession of marijuana, the league is suspending that player until the investigation has been completed.

woodbuck27
05-21-2014, 06:59 PM
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/football-insider/wp/2014/05/20/nfl-not-yet-ready-to-rule-on-possible-discipline-against-jim-irsay/

NFL not yet ready to rule on possible discipline against Jim Irsay

By: Mark Mask ... May 20 at 7:42 pm

ATLANTA —

" The NFL is not prepared to make a decision about possible disciplinary action against Indianapolis Colts owner Jim Irsay, Commissioner Roger Goodell said Tuesday.

“There have been no charges,” Goodell said at the conclusion of a one-day owners’ meeting. “So the answer to that is until we get more information, some more facts, we will let it play out a little longer.” .... LINK

woodbuck27
05-21-2014, 07:13 PM
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/football-insider/wp/2014/05/20/nfl-not-yet-ready-to-rule-on-possible-discipline-against-jim-irsay/

NFL not yet ready to rule on possible discipline against Jim Irsay

By: Mark Mask ... May 20 at 7:42 pm

ATLANTA —

" The NFL is not prepared to make a decision about possible disciplinary action against Indianapolis Colts owner Jim Irsay, Commissioner Roger Goodell said Tuesday.

“There have been no charges,” Goodell said at the conclusion of a one-day owners’ meeting. “So the answer to that is until we get more information, some more facts, we will let it play out a little longer.” .... LINK

When a man tripping get more attention from the NFL Commissioner than an owner possibly violating the law while driving his car (and not yet charged more than one month after he was detained in jail).

Guiness
06-05-2014, 02:23 PM
He got his license suspended for a year. The NFL can no longer pretend they're waiting for the court process to work it way through.
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/06/05/jim-irsays-drivers-license-suspended-for-one-year/

woodbuck27
06-05-2014, 02:33 PM
He got his license suspended for a year. The NFL can no longer pretend they're waiting for the court process to work it way through.
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/06/05/jim-irsays-drivers-license-suspended-for-one-year/

Ohh boy Jim's in deep trouble with the NFL now.

What will it do? Look at all parking tickets next?

This goes virtually nowhere with the NFL HO Brass.

pbmax
06-07-2014, 11:53 AM
ProFootballTalk ‏@ProFootballTalk 36s
Report: League insiders expect 6-8 game suspension for Irsay http://wp.me/p14QSB-9uT2

Joemailman
06-07-2014, 12:20 PM
ProFootballTalk ‏@ProFootballTalk 36s
Report: League insiders expect 6-8 game suspension for Irsay http://wp.me/p14QSB-9uT2

As the story mentions, what constitutes a suspension for an owner? Can't show up at games? Losing TV revenue for those games?

pbmax
06-07-2014, 12:24 PM
As the story mentions, what constitutes a suspension for an owner? Can't show up at games? Losing TV revenue for those games?

Given Irsay's history, I had assumed this meant no Twitter.

mraynrand
06-08-2014, 12:35 PM

he can suit up, but cannot be on the sidelines.