PDA

View Full Version : Opinions On ESPN Coverage Tonight

Packnut
08-28-2006, 02:20 PM
I was thinking about the pre-game show and wondering if it's gonna be the same doom and gloom Packer crap or will someone have the guts to step up and say this team is'nt as bad as the experts predict.

As far as the game goes, if I hear Joey T talk all night about how Favre should'nt have come back, my freakin head will explode. I like Turico but still am on the fence about Korny.

I would expect that the main focus will be on Palmer tonight which is fine with me. What do you guys expect?

RashanGary
08-28-2006, 02:25 PM
We know more from following year round than any national reporter spending a week studying could possibly know.

The announcers arn't for people like us who are thinking about what just happened and what could have been better/worse or who is starting to show signs becuae they don't knw what they were like before. It's for the person who needs that filler otherwise they would not know what the hell is happening or what has happened over the last 4 months or even 5 years.

We are just not the target audience. It doesn't mean they suck, it just menats taht many of us are not main stream and while they do a good job, it's not directed at us.

PaCkFan_n_MD
08-28-2006, 02:26 PM
I expect them to focus on palmer and Green. Both are coming back from season injury's and both teams need them to succeed this season.

GoPack06
08-28-2006, 02:41 PM
Its gonna be The Carson Palmer show tonight. I would be suprised if they mention the Pack for more than 5 minutes.

Sparkey
08-28-2006, 02:44 PM
My guess is:

1. Joe Theisman rambles on about how some quarterbacks never know when they should retire and reiterates that Favre playing is hurting the long term future of the Green Bay Packers. Should happen Favre gets hit the first time.

2. Terrico goes on in a mundane way like he is watching a golf event and puts half the viewers too sleep my mid second quarter.

3. Kornholer again mentions that pre-season is a waste of time, blah blah blah.

!!! THE ABSOLUTE WORST ANNOUNCING CREW EVER ASSEMBLED !!!

Homer Jay
08-28-2006, 02:54 PM
Couldn't agree more sparkey. Turico is the best of the bunch, but wait til the first big play he makes sound like the play of the century. I like korny on PTI, but he adds nothing to the broadcast. He is a poor mans Dennis Miller. What can you say about JT?

BallHawk
08-28-2006, 04:17 PM
Tony Kornheiser for Half an Hour= :lol:
Tony Kornheiser for 3 hours and a half hours= :shock:

woodbuck27
08-28-2006, 04:50 PM
My guess is:

1. Joe Theisman rambles on about how some quarterbacks never know when they should retire and reiterates that Favre playing is hurting the long term future of the Green Bay Packers. Should happen Favre gets hit the first time.

2. Terrico goes on in a mundane way like he is watching a golf event and puts half the viewers too sleep my mid second quarter.

3. Kornholer again mentions that pre-season is a waste of time, blah blah blah.

!!! THE ABSOLUTE WORST ANNOUNCING CREW EVER ASSEMBLED !!!

Wondering Sparky? About their length of Contract with ESPN Monday Night
" used to be about... just " Football. Not politics.

They could find better announcers at the Shriners Convention... at 2 AM in the Morning. :mrgreen:

GO PACK GO ! PACKER FAN FAITH !!

SHOW Theisman... Brett. Give errrr !!

Joe T....Raaaalllpphhhh !!

Fosco33
08-28-2006, 04:54 PM
It'll be how Palmer and Favre are playing this game when months ago both were expected to miss (injury/retirement) this game.

It will also focus on how Palmer's successful return is critical the Bengal's success/failure this year.

Homer Jay
08-28-2006, 04:55 PM
Tony Kornheiser for Half an Hour= :lol:
Tony Kornheiser for 3 hours and a half hours= :shock:

Well put. Every time they start the "Tony, Tony, Tony" shtick I grab for the remote.

Packers4Ever
08-28-2006, 06:35 PM
[quote="GregJennings"]We know more from following year round than any national reporter spending a week studying could possibly know.
__________________________________________________ ________

Greg, I never looked at it that way, how we keep track year round, but you are absolutely right. And right here we all learn from each other so actually we are ahead of the game!

And what does ESPN know anyway ??? :smile:

FavreChild
08-28-2006, 06:37 PM
Is this going to be the official thread to complain about THEESMAN?

woodbuck27
08-28-2006, 06:41 PM
Is this going to be the official thread to complain about THEESMAN?

FavreChild:

THEESMAN is NO CHEESMAN.

Did YOU... set that up? :mrgreen:

GO PACK GO !! PACKER FAN FAITH !!

hurleyfan
08-28-2006, 06:46 PM
Shut the F up Irving :mrgreen:

Packnut
08-28-2006, 06:49 PM
Shut the F up Irving :mrgreen:

IT is funny how he defends his boy Owens with a passion but yet rips on Brett any chance he gets.

FavreChild
08-28-2006, 07:02 PM
Way to run with it, Woody.

Irvin is holding that pipe for a friend tonight, don'tcha know. :roll:

MJZiggy
08-28-2006, 11:17 PM
Its gonna be The Carson Palmer show tonight. I would be suprised if they mention the Pack for more than 5 minutes.

Man did you hit this one right. Did Ol' Joe really have to tell me 4 times to look at his left knee, now his left knee, do you see his LEFT knee? He didn't think I could tell because the brace made it twice the size of his right knee or am I so stupid that I have to be told 4 times in a row which knee he injured? (that was a RHETORICAL question; no need to answer.)