PDA

View Full Version : Taunting a second time - or first - is banned

mraynrand
03-26-2014, 09:35 AM
Jeff Fisher answered questions at the owners meeting, OK? And he talked about the issue of taunting, OK. And, OK, he talked about the increase in taunting, OK, and how it was not going to be tolerated going forward, OK.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QSo0duY7-9s

pbmax
03-26-2014, 10:31 AM
Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 1h
Fisher indicates that the NCAA has asked the NFL to help cut down on taunting. It’s filtering down levels of the game

No new rules but this tidbit. Outside of the Sherman incident, which seemed to me pretty singular (though he did go after Brady), I wasn't aware that we are in a wave of increased mis-behavior. What did I miss?

woodbuck27
03-26-2014, 10:42 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ulCHcoNXSyk

Top Taunting Moments (HD)

mraynrand
03-26-2014, 12:20 PM
Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 1h
Fisher indicates that the NCAA has asked the NFL to help cut down on taunting. It’s filtering down levels of the game

No new rules but this tidbit. Outside of the Sherman incident, which seemed to me pretty singular (though he did go after Brady), I wasn't aware that we are in a wave of increased mis-behavior. What did I miss?

I didn't see the whole thing OK. But I recall Fisher saying something about taunting being up from single digit numbers to the higher 30s. And that's not the direction the NFL will be going in, OK.

pbmax
03-26-2014, 12:33 PM
I didn't see the whole thing OK. But I recall Fisher saying something about taunting being up from single digit numbers to the higher 30s. And that's not the direction the NFL will be going in, OK.

We are well past my working memory, but haven't they been expanding the definition of taunting recently? Spinning the ball in front of opponents, etc., etc. Seems like they have gotten the results they should have.

mraynrand
03-26-2014, 12:49 PM
We are well past my working memory, but haven't they been expanding the definition of taunting recently? Spinning the ball in front of opponents, etc., etc. Seems like they have gotten the results they should have.

That's a good point, OK. So, we're going to make more things an infraction of the rules, OK, but we're also going to be cracking down on those infractions, OK. The new infractions will not be tolerated, OK.

pbmax
03-26-2014, 01:14 PM
That's a good point, OK. So, we're going to make more things an infraction of the rules, OK, but we're also going to be cracking down on those infractions, OK. The new infractions will not be tolerated, OK.

This time we mean business!

Zool
03-26-2014, 01:20 PM
http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/703986542280163300/49CF093935F936DF1F91B4CAEBD586B7C2EA9C64/

mraynrand
03-26-2014, 02:31 PM
This time we mean business!

Jeff Fisher says 'OK' with deadly seriousness

MadtownPacker
03-26-2014, 02:45 PM
The only rule should be if you taunt when you havent done shit to taunt anyone over. Score a TD? Fucking have at it bitch and if they don't like it then stop em!!!