PDA

View Full Version : SAINTS TRADE WR STALLWORTH TO PHILLY!!!!

gbpackfan
08-28-2006, 04:07 PM
Saints | Team trades Stallworth for Simoneau
Mon, 28 Aug 2006 14:13:34 -0700

Dave Spadaro, of PhiladelphiaEagles.com, reports the New Orleans Saints have traded Donte' Stallworth to the Philadelphia Eagles in exchange for LB Mark Simoneau and an undisclosed future draft pick.

It seems that Philly won out on this deal! Did anyone want Stallworth in GB?

Green Bud Packer
08-28-2006, 04:11 PM
stallworth is a dime a dozen receiver.it all hinges on the draft pick to say who bested who.

BallHawk
08-28-2006, 04:11 PM
I didn't even know he was on the block. Great trade for Philly. Too bad there QB is incompetent, though.

jack's smirking revenge
08-28-2006, 04:12 PM
Didn't Philly just get Mark Whalberg too?

Man, they are LOADED!

tyler

BallHawk
08-28-2006, 04:13 PM
stallworth is a dime a dozen receiver.

70 receptions, 945 yards, and 7 TDs isn't a dime a dozen.

gbpackfan
08-28-2006, 04:14 PM
I am reading on other forums that the Eagles also gave up a 4th round draft pick which could turn into a 3rd round pick based on whether or not the Eagles sign him to an extension. Not positive all these details are correct though. I would not have traded a 3rd round pick for him though. I like the idea of developing our young star Jennings better.

Scott Campbell
08-28-2006, 04:14 PM

Man, they are LOADED!

tyler

Donnie is still available if we move quickly.

jack's smirking revenge
08-28-2006, 04:16 PM
Kidding aside, Stallworth has proven zilch in N.O. Potential, but little production. Given the state of Phily's WR corps, it makes sense...only because they're so hurting for experienced WRs.

tyler

jack's smirking revenge
08-28-2006, 04:18 PM

Man, they are LOADED!

tyler

Donnie is still available if we move quickly.

Yeah, but I'm afraid he'd freak out like he did in the Sixth Sense...Don't need a headcase like that in the locker room. What if he decides to kill Favre?

tyler

BallHawk
08-28-2006, 04:19 PM
I wouldn't of wanted Stallworth in Green Bay, we already have guys with his potential. Gardner, Jennings, Ferguson, etc.

Green Bud Packer
08-28-2006, 04:21 PM
stallworth is a good #2 receiver. as ron wolf would say, "he's just a guy."

BallHawk
08-28-2006, 04:27 PM
What if he decides to kill Favre?

Favre can't die. Can he? :shock:

BlueBrewer
08-28-2006, 04:29 PM
Stallworth = Robert Fergeson

jack's smirking revenge
08-28-2006, 04:32 PM
What if he decides to kill Favre?

Favre can't die. Can he? :shock:

Donnie killed Bruce Willis. If Bruce Willis can die--the King of Die Hard--then Favre can too.

tyler

woodbuck27
08-28-2006, 04:39 PM

Man, they are LOADED!

tyler

Yup ! A Stall worth of Whalberg....

]{ilr]3
08-28-2006, 04:44 PM

Man, they are LOADED!

tyler

LOL, now they are Marky Mark and the Funky Bunch again! :lol:

Partial
08-28-2006, 04:54 PM
I didn't even know he was on the block. Great trade for Philly. Too bad there QB is incompetent, though.

Donovan incompetent? I wreckon there are no more than 4 quarterbacks i'd rather have on my team than donovan today. In his prime, 1 quarterback.

BallHawk
08-28-2006, 04:59 PM

Donovan incompetent? I wreckon there are no more than 4 quarterbacks i'd rather have on my team than donovan today. In his prime, 1 quarterback.

Trent Green
Brett Favre
Eli Manning
Peyton Manning
Daunte Culpepper
Matt Haselbeck
Tom Brady
Carson Palmer
Phillip Rivers
Jake Delhomme
Drew Brees

I'd rather have any of those than McNabb.

ND72
08-28-2006, 05:01 PM
i think that's a very big trade for philly. it gives them a legit guy to start, and then gives Reggie Brown and Hank Baskett time to develop.

HarveyWallbangers
08-28-2006, 05:15 PM
I agree with ND. Stallworth has a lot of talent, and he's been able to produce. Sure, he hasn't lived up to his hype, but this is a good trade for Philadelphia.

Partial
08-28-2006, 05:23 PM
[quote=BallHawk]I didn't even know he was on the block. Great trade for Philly. Too bad there QB is incompetent, though.

Trent Green

How many big games has he won? How many times has he carried a team on his shoulders? Never!!

Brett Favre

I'm gonna get flamed for this, but McNabb has had more playoff success with less players around him then Brett. He also beat Brett Favre, and showed he was clutch in the playoffs.

Eli Manning

HAHAHAHAH! Eli isn't even a top 20 QB in the league yet. He is the red-headed step child of that family so far. He's got the tools, but he hasn't put it together yet. Donovan McNabb has only had a receiver like Burress once, and never had a Shockey or a Tiki Barber. He has a 10 point higher QB rating.

Peyton Manning
Yep. First one I agree with.

Daunte Culpepper

Without games best receiver ever:
2:1 INT:TD ratio, 72 passer rating. I like Culpepper, and he has a chance to be a truly great player, a hall of famer even. He needs to get some consistency and learn how to carry a load, though. No way, jose.

Matt Haselbeck

Hahahaha! Hasselback is a good player, but he isn't a Donovan McNabb. No way. McNabb isn't accurate but he is a playmaker, like Peyton, Brady and Favre.

Tom Brady

Yep. That's two.

Carson Palmer

Palmer is a great QB. He is in the top 3 passers in the game, but he does it with so much help. The thing that makes McNabb so great is the versatility. He is everything Michael Vick should be. McNabb is a better football player and is a more valuable asset to his team.

Phillip Rivers

Talk to me when he starts ONE regular season game, where as McNabb has started in pro bowls.

Jake Delhomme

Most overrated player in the NFL. He was underrated for awhile but now everyone overrates him. He is a good QB and not screwing up. He isn't the type of guy who can do it alone. That is for sure. When Steve Smith wasn't there, he has brought the team 2 top 10 draft picks. What does that tell you?

Drew Brees

Last year he was better, when McNabb was injured. Would you rather have Brees on your team than McNabb? If so, you've taken a few too many crazy pills.

I'd rather have any of those than McNabb.

Then you're out of you mind young padawan!

Scott Campbell
08-28-2006, 05:31 PM
I'm gonna get flamed for this, but McNabb has had more playoff success with less players around him then Brett. He also beat Brett Favre, and showed he was clutch in the playoffs.

You can't have more playoff success than Brett Favre until you win a Superbowl. IMO

BallHawk
08-28-2006, 05:38 PM
How many big games has Donovan won?

Donovan didn't beat Brett, the Eagles beat the defense.

Donovan lost three consecutive NFC Championship games. In those games he was;

54 completions, 120 attempts, 514 yards, 1 TD, 5 INT

Not exactly cool under pressure, eh? And that's not even to mention his game in the Super Bowl. And believe me, when Donovan was in the Super Bowl he had the weapons. The 9th ranked offense and the 10th ranked defense.

And most of all...

Brett Favre's Super Bowl rings=1
Donovan McNabb's Super Bowl rings=0

Partial
08-28-2006, 05:41 PM

You can't have more playoff success than Brett Favre until you win a Superbowl. IMO

That's a valid point, scott. I believe that is true to a degree, that is the ultimate accomplishment. Brett Favre has a career 55% playoff win percentage while McNabb has won 64%. I think its really hard to say who the better quarterback is. Point is, that list had a lot of people who were clearly inferior quarterbacks.

Partial
08-28-2006, 05:43 PM
Trent Green

How many big games has he won? How many times has he carried a team on his shoulders? Never!!

How many big games has Donovan won?

Brett Favre

Donovan didn't beat Brett, the Eagles beat the defense.

Donovan lost three consecutive NFC Championship games. In those games he was;

54 completions, 120 attempts, 514 yards, 1 TD, 5 INT

Not exactly cool under pressure, eh?

Brett Favre Super Bowl's=1
Donovan McNabb Super Bowl's=0

Ok, so argue another player from that list. I'm not going to debate Favre because it is pointless here and impossible to prove a point since there is no right or wrong.

BallHawk
08-28-2006, 05:48 PM
I wasn't neccesairily arguing for Favre, just showing that Donovan isn't exactly Mr. Clutch in the playoffs. And Donovan WAS a top QB two years ago, but now....not so much.

Partial
08-28-2006, 06:00 PM
I wasn't neccesairily arguing for Favre, just showing that Donovan isn't exactly Mr. Clutch in the playoffs. And Donovan WAS a top QB two years ago, but now....not so much.

Two years ago, then as you recall he was diagnosed with a season ending injury yet he is a man (like favre) and played through it, opting not to have surgery. The man could not WALK for days after a game, but he still did it. This season hasn't started yet. Your vantage point on McNabb is clearly skewed. He isn't accurate, but he makes things happen with his wheels.

Despite playing with an agonizing injury, he still managed to put up an 86 QB rating.

BallHawk
08-28-2006, 07:34 PM
A QB is supposed to throw, not run.

Partial
08-28-2006, 08:27 PM

Ok, but as long as he is winning and making plays who cares? The game is shifting towards more athletic, dual-threat QBs. The league is shifting from smash mouth players to athletes. I don't see your point.

LEWCWA
08-28-2006, 11:38 PM
Ballhawk you are crazy. McNabb is a pretty darn good QB and has never had any real rec. at his disposal ala Favre....sans TO the man for one season! Just a lot of baseless talk coming out your fingers!

gbgary
08-29-2006, 12:18 AM
I wouldn't of wanted Stallworth in Green Bay, we already have guys with his potential. Gardner, Jennings, Ferguson, etc.

stallworth is a dime a dozen receiver.

70 receptions, 945 yards, and 7 TDs isn't a dime a dozen.

as you pointed out...he's not dime a dozen. he's performed very well on a terrible team. he doesn't have potential, he's actually done it. unlike the 3 you mentioned that haven't done anything. i'd have liked to see him here.

GBRulz
08-29-2006, 12:43 PM

Ok, but as long as he is winning and making plays who cares? The game is shifting towards more athletic, dual-threat QBs. The league is shifting from smash mouth players to athletes. I don't see your point.

Like Vick? Ok, so you keep him in the pocket. That basically shuts Atlanta's offense down.

PackerPro42
08-29-2006, 12:57 PM
The only downside to Stallworth is that he is injury prone. Otherwise he's a great receiver and a good return man too.

woodbuck27
08-29-2006, 04:30 PM
I am reading on other forums that the Eagles also gave up a 4th round draft pick which could turn into a 3rd round pick based on whether or not the Eagles sign him to an extension. Not positive all these details are correct though. I would not have traded a 3rd round pick for him though. I like the idea of developing our young star Jennings better.

Philly got a very decent WR here:

Eagles get WR Stallworth from Saints

CBS SportsLine.com wire reports

PHILADELPHIA (Aug 28, 2006) -- Still looking to replace Terrell Owens, the Philadelphia Eagles acquired wide receiver Donte Stallworth from the New Orleans Saints.

The Eagles sent veteran linebacker Mark Simoneau and a conditional fourth-round draft pick in 2007 to the Saints.

The trade is pending both players passing physicals with their new team.

Stallworth, the 13th overall pick in the 2002 draft, had 70 receptions for 945 yards and seven touchdowns last season.

He's dressed in all but 8 games since 2002 his Rookie season when he dressed in 13 games and started 8 of those games with 42 receptions for 594 yards a 14.1 yard avg and a long of 57 yards and 8 TD's... nice opening season.

In 4 seasons he's dressed in 56 games, with 33 starts and 195 receptions for a solid 2791 yards (a 14.3 yard avg.) and a total of 23 TD's.

He can return KO's and punts but hasn't demonstrated numbers in this area of Offense that are too exciting.

Nice pickup for Philadelphia.

I think we already have OUR #2 WR in Greg Jennings.

GO PACK GO ! FAN FAITH !!

Badgepack
08-29-2006, 05:20 PM
Hank ain't scared.

Partial
08-29-2006, 05:24 PM

Like Vick? Ok, so you keep him in the pocket. That basically shuts Atlanta's offense down.

Right, I just said I don't see his point. McNabb can beat you with his arm or his legs, and shouldn't be mentioned in the same breath with Vick. He has consistently performed and been one of the best first round draft picks of the past 10 years. I don't see what the debate is even about.