PDA

View Full Version : ESPN to televise playoff game

Smidgeon
04-22-2014, 10:42 AM
An NFL playoff game will not be on network television. I know cable is everywhere now, and if you don't have cable, you can go to any local bar, and it's there. But personally, I don't like this step. Where I am, ESPN is on the next tier of service from our cable company, and that's an extra $30 per month we don't want to spend. And I don't like watching games at a bar. It's uncomfortable, loud, and I can't focus in on the game. All I can do now is hope that the Packers aren't in this game and instead get the first round bye or a network game.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/04/22/nbc-gains-divisional-playoff-game/

mraynrand
04-22-2014, 11:26 AM
According to ESPN, the wild card game “will be simulcast on over the air stations in the primary markets of the participating teams.”

- you'll still be OK in the primary market. How much of WI is the primary market? Still includes both Milwaukee and Madison, I presume.

Out of market, you're *ucked

http://www.cultcut.com/cc/wp/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/fucked.jpg

pbmax
04-22-2014, 12:34 PM
Oh goody.

I now have to investigate how much it would cost to use the computer to delay the radio broadcast to sync to the TV.

MadScientist
04-22-2014, 01:31 PM
According to ESPN, the wild card game “will be simulcast on over the air stations in the primary markets of the participating teams.”

- you'll still be OK in the primary market. How much of WI is the primary market? Still includes both Milwaukee and Madison, I presume.

Out of market, you're *ucked

I'd expect it's like other ESPN Monday night games which only get broadcast in Milwaukee and Green Bay. Madison is out of luck.

Freak Out
04-22-2014, 06:10 PM
Fuck the NFL.

Bretsky
04-22-2014, 06:19 PM
DANG........I WANTED TO BREAK THIS STORY.........as........CHUCKY UNLEASHED

He's still about the most entertaining guy out there who adds a lot to the telecast...although he's also widely detested in here

Rich Ganon form NFL Network noted Chucky is the hardest working announcer in the business. The dude hires his own assistant during the week........wonder it it's a hot blonde.......lol

Freak Out
04-22-2014, 06:40 PM
I like Chucky....just hate the fact they have taken it from the OTA free realm.

Bretsky
04-22-2014, 07:24 PM
I like Chucky....just hate the fact they have taken it from the OTA free realm.

I would think nearly everybody has ESPN

NOW

When Google gets control of NFL Packages and playoff game

that will suck

denverYooper
04-23-2014, 08:29 AM
I would think nearly everybody has ESPN

I don't. I'll just steal it if I want to watch it.

Fuck cable.

Guiness
04-23-2014, 08:35 AM
I don't. I'll just steal it if I want to watch it.

Fuck cable.

Also sucks ass for those of us north of the world's longest undefended border.

Fritz
04-23-2014, 09:47 AM
Not a Chucky fan, me. He's all show no go.

denverYooper
04-23-2014, 10:07 AM
Not a Chucky fan, me. He's all show no go.

http://youtu.be/znDsRydk3_w