PDA

View Full Version : Packers Seahawks kick it off!

PaCkFan_n_MD
04-23-2014, 05:47 PM
http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/256436831.html

Would be big to win week one. Need a solid draft and lets get this thing rolling.

esoxx
04-23-2014, 05:52 PM
What a shocker

pittstang5
04-23-2014, 06:01 PM
Oh boy :sad:

For once, I'd like an easy game to start the season. On the road, IN SEATTLE of all places (toughest place to play on the road) and against the Super Bowl Champs.

This was the only team I didn't want to start the season against. Oh well

Fritz
04-23-2014, 06:06 PM

For once, I'd like an easy game to start the season. On the road, IN SEATTLE of all places (toughest place to play on the road) and against the Super Bowl Champs.

Fuck it. Beat their asses in Seattle.

The Detroit News leaked the Lions' schedule; they play Green Bay in Detroit in week three, and close the season in Green Bay.

That means, surely, that game #2 will be Green Bay's home opener. I also heard that a Chicago paper said the Bears play the Pack in week #4. That's probably in Green Bay, as it would be brutal to be on the road for three of the first four weeks of the season, with two of those being road games against division opponents.

pbmax
04-23-2014, 06:15 PM
Packers win 31-13.

pbmax
04-23-2014, 06:16 PM
Mike Vandermause ‏@MikeVandermause 2m
#Packers' schedule starting to take shape. 9/4 (Thur) at Seattle; 9/14 NY Jets; 9/21 at Detroit; 9/28 Chicago; 10/2 (Thur) Minnesota.

More on #Packers 2014 schedule: 10/19 Carolina; 11/2 Bye; 11/9 Chicago; 11/16 Philadelphia; 11/30 New England; 12/8 (Mon) Atl; 12/28 Det

Mike Vandermause ‏@MikeVandermause 47s
9/28 game against Bears is at Chicago. 11/9 Bears game at Lambeau.

pbmax
04-23-2014, 06:17 PM
9/4 @ Seattle (Thursday OPENING NIGHT)
9/14 vs. NY Jets
9/21 @ Detroit
9/28 @ Chicago
10/2 vs. Minnesota (Thur)
10/12 @ Dolphins
10/19 vs. Carolina
10/26 vs. Saints (Sunday Night)
11/2 Bye - Week 10
11/9 vs. Chicago @ GB
11/16 vs. Philadelphia
11/23 @ Minnesota
11/30 vs. New England
12/8 vs. Atlanta (Mon)
12/14 @ Bills
12/21 @ Bucs
12/28 vs. Detriot - Week 17

Away: Saints, Bucs, Bills, Phins, Seachickens

Home: Falcs, Panthers, Pats, Jets, Iggles

Another stupid three game road trip. Just think how bad it would be if Lambeau had another tenant.-----WRONG! Poor calendar skills plus Thursday game wrecked this comment.

Fritz
04-23-2014, 06:25 PM
If you'r correct, then that is 3 of the first 4 on the road. Tough. But that means more games at home on the back end, and I like that. Come on up to GB, you dome motherfuckers, and play outdoors like Joe Schmidt did~!

pbmax
04-23-2014, 06:30 PM
Just so you know, it appears a local guy, Tom Silverstein, broke that opening night Seahawk game story nationally. Wonder if the team or a player gave it to him? Also have heard TV guys leak this stuff since its going out on their local station.

pbmax
04-23-2014, 06:31 PM
nm

pbmax
04-23-2014, 06:35 PM
Luke Easterling ‏@NFLDraftReport 3m
#Bucs open with two at home vs. #Panthers & #Rams, close at home vs. #Packers & #Saints.

pbmax
04-23-2014, 06:39 PM
MarkRH
‏@MarkRH
#Saints official schedule pic.twitter.com/JFfuqeWsWf

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bl8Ps9DCAAE_mdo.png

pbmax
04-23-2014, 06:42 PM
Rob Demovsky ‏@RobDemovsky 2m
Sunday it is. RT @TyDunne: Per the #Bills team website, Green Bay is playing at Buffalo Dec. 14 at noon.

Bills website published a half-hour early.

pbmax
04-23-2014, 06:45 PM
Gregory H. Lee Jr ‏@gleejr9472 29s
The #Dolphins sked: NE, at Buf, KC, Oak in London, bye, GB, at Bears, at Jags, SD, at Lions, Bills, at Den, at NYJ, at Bal, at NE, Min, NYJ

mission
04-23-2014, 06:51 PM
I'd rather us play in Seattle during the early fall (late summer?) than later in the year.

pbmax
04-23-2014, 06:59 PM
http://www.nfl.com/schedules

NFL went one minute early.

Joemailman
04-23-2014, 07:02 PM
http://prod.static.packers.clubs.nfl.com//assets/docs/2014-gb-packers-schedule.pdf

pbmax
04-23-2014, 07:09 PM
I am not saying anything, I am just saying that if there was a PackerRats game this year, that October Noon start versus the Panthers would be tempting. Demand won't be crazy and time to get out of Dodge.

HarveyWallbangers
04-23-2014, 07:13 PM
9/14 vs. NY Jets
9/21 @ Detroit
9/28 @ Chicago
10/2 (Thur) Minnesota
10/12 @ Dolphins
10/19 vs. Carolina
11/2 Bye - Week 10
11/9 vs. Chicago @ GB
11/16 vs. Philadelphia
11/23 Minnesota
11/30 vs. New England
12/8 vs. Atlanta (Mon)
12/14 @ Bills
12/21 @ Bucs

Another stupid three game road trip. Just think how bad it would be if Lambeau had another tenant.-----WRONG! Poor calendar skills plus Thursday game wrecked this comment.

Two home games against Minnesota then?

pbmax
04-23-2014, 07:15 PM
Two home games against Minnesota then?

Yep. Something to do with Stadium not being available in Minnesota due to political boondoggle.

BZnDallas
04-23-2014, 07:29 PM
Tough schedule for sure... but I think we all knew it was going to be, based on the the whos and wheres.... now we know the whens... lets go draft, then lets kick some seachicken ass... i proposed to my fiance in Seattle last year and I love the city... the fans on the other hand can be a bit over whelming... we need to show them this shit gets harder after you win the big one...

The 4 pack of Atl, Buf, TB, Det to finish the year could be a very nice way to end the season... all those teams could be out of it, by the time we play them... however, with the exception of maybe Buf they could be in or on the bubble, which could make them dangerous...

yadda yadda... here's some shit about being ready for some football... yadda yadda...

Guiness
04-23-2014, 07:31 PM
9/14 vs. NY Jets
9/21 @ Detroit
9/28 @ Chicago
10/12 @ Dolphins
10/19 vs. Carolina
11/2 Bye - Week 10
11/9 vs. Chicago @ GB
11/16 vs. Philadelphia
11/23 @ Minnesota
11/30 vs. New England
12/8 vs. Atlanta (Mon)
12/14 @ Bills
12/21 @ Bucs

I thought the week before the Thursday game was supposed to be a home game? And someone needs to explain to me why they can't schedule the Thursday game right after the bye week. Sure, the teams with Thursday games in week 2 and 3 would get screwed, but overall it would be much better.

Guiness
04-23-2014, 07:32 PM
Rob Demovsky ‏@RobDemovsky 2m
Sunday it is. RT @TyDunne: Per the #Bills team website, Green Bay is playing at Buffalo Dec. 14 at noon.

Bills website published a half-hour early.

I'll be at this one!!!

Joemailman
04-23-2014, 08:06 PM
Pretty tough way to start the season with 3 out of 4 on the road. If they can come out of that no worse than 2-2 they should be in pretty good shape to win the division.

wist43
04-23-2014, 08:15 PM
I like the first 2 games b/c both of those teams run a lot, and Capers won't be able to play nearly as much 2-4 as he wants - at least he shouldn't play as much 2-4 as we all know he wants.

Once we get to week 3 though, the defensive linemen might as well plan on taking a seat on the pine most of the game.

We'll see, maybe Mr. Spraypaintedhair had his head forcibly removed from his ass by MM this offseason??

wist43
04-23-2014, 08:25 PM
9/14 vs. NY Jets
9/21 @ Detroit
9/28 @ Chicago
10/12 @ Dolphins
10/19 vs. Carolina
11/2 Bye - Week 10
11/9 vs. Chicago @ GB
11/16 vs. Philadelphia
11/23 @ Minnesota
11/30 vs. New England
12/8 vs. Atlanta (Mon)
12/14 @ Bills
12/21 @ Bucs

That's a tough schedule... and everyone knows we'll drop a game we had no business losing.

And there is always the threat of Rodgers going down... are we tough enough now on defense and along the OL to overcome the loss of Rodgers for a few games?? And not look like we're simply hoping for some punchers luck??

The hardest games are, Detroit (twice), Saints, Eagles, and Pats.

That's 5 games where I could see Spraypaintedhair playing sissyball for 4 quarters - wouldn't be surprised if in one of those games the Packers allow the all-time record for most yardage allowed in a single game, lol...

We only have 2 major concerns going into the season -

1) Rodgers staying healthy
2) Capers being Capers

Everything else takes a backseat to those internal issues.

If Rodgers stays healthy, and MM forces Capers to stay away from the 2-4 - I think we have as good a chance as anyone to make the SB.

Carolina_Packer
04-23-2014, 09:46 PM
3) Injuries...are you saying any other DC would be able to get more out of the healthy talent that was on the field last year? At some point, Wist, our guys have to beat their guys one on one. Our guys have to chase their guys and tackle them. Our guys have to diagnose plays, and take better pursuit angles, and show more resolve. It's not just about some nickel package that you don't care for. There are more talented players out there who could run the 2-4-5. Again, regardless of alignment to start a play; feel free to show some toughness, beat the man across from you and make a play.

If we are remain relatively healthy this year, with the talent that is getting back on the field, be it from injury (Hayward, Matthews, etc.) or guys who will take steps forward in development (Datone Jones, Michah Hyde, etc.), plus the addition of Peppers, plus whoever we draft on D, I think you will see more talent show out, and more cohesiveness. If the product on the field looks better, does that mean Capers is a better coach, or that he has better weapons to utilize? If those players CAN run the alignments he likes to run, then I think the answer will be it's about the talent.

wist43
04-23-2014, 09:57 PM
3) Injuries...are you saying any other DC would be able to get more out of the healthy talent that was on the field last year? At some point, Wist, our guys have to beat their guys one on one. Our guys have to chase their guys and tackle them. Our guys have to take better angles on plays, and show toughness. If we are remain relatively healthy this year, with the talent that is getting back on the field, be it getting healthy (Hayward, Matthews, etc.) or guys who will develop more (Datone Jones, Michah Hyde, etc.), plus the addition of Peppers, plus whoever we draft on D, I think you will see more talent show out. If the product on the field looks better, does that mean Capers is a better coach, or that he has better weapons to utilize?

I'm sayin give me a couple shots of some smooth whiskey, a doobie to nibble on during the game - and I could produce a better result than Spraypaintedhair - if I did nothing more than randomly picked calls off of a down-distance cheatsheat.

I don't accept the injury argument. It's there, it's an issue - but he had healthy players available that would have made up better front alignments than that God-awful 2-4, and he stayed with it until the referree's stopped the games out of pity.

Just Jeff
04-24-2014, 06:56 AM
Why not start out with the best and see where you are? Better then than finding out at home in your first playoff game.

QBME
04-24-2014, 07:07 AM
9/14 vs. NY Jets
9/21 @ Detroit
9/28 @ Chicago
10/12 @ Dolphins
10/19 vs. Carolina
11/2 Bye - Week 10
11/9 vs. Chicago @ GB
11/16 vs. Philadelphia
11/23 @ Minnesota
11/30 vs. New England
12/8 vs. Atlanta (Mon)
12/14 @ Bills
12/21 @ Bucs

Weeks 3, 4 & 5 have the potential to be brutal. 3 division games in 12 days.

Patler
04-24-2014, 07:55 AM
Three of their home games are at night? Seems a bit unfair to fans who generally plan for games to be Sunday afternoon, recognizing that from time to time that will change. But 3 of 8 scheduled, with the possibility of others being "flexed"?

Guiness
04-24-2014, 08:06 AM
I am not saying anything, I am just saying that if there was a PackerRats game this year, that October Noon start versus the Panthers would be tempting. Demand won't be crazy and time to get out of Dodge.

No one replied to this :sad:

Patler
04-24-2014, 08:11 AM
I hate Thursday games, and the Packers have two. Always have hated them. Mondays are sort of an extension from the weekend, but Thursdays stick out like sore thumbs. It is not a time I plan to follow a game. It's the middle of the week.

pbmax
04-24-2014, 08:47 AM
I hate Thursday games, and the Packers have two. Always have hated them. Mondays are sort of an extension from the weekend, but Thursdays stick out like sore thumbs. It is not a time I plan to follow a game. It's the middle of the week.

Agree completely. When it happened twice a year (Thanksgiving and the odd yearly tilt between the Browns and Bengals) it was a fun novelty. Every week it crazy.

channtheman
04-24-2014, 09:02 AM
I'm only okay with us opening in Seattle if we get spotted a TD late in the game that gives us the lead and gives no chance for Seattle to answer.

mraynrand
04-24-2014, 09:07 AM

I hate it when the NFL messes with my gambling routine.

ThunderDan
04-24-2014, 09:09 AM
Agree completely. When it happened twice a year (Thanksgiving and the odd yearly tilt between the Browns and Bengals) it was a fun novelty. Every week it crazy.

This will be the 2nd time in 3 years that the second home game is on a Thursday night for the Gold Package.

ThunderDan
04-24-2014, 09:13 AM
SEA vs GB for the opener puts it into to perspective who the NFL sees as the marque team.

They could have started with SF or against DEN in a rematch of the Super Bowl. Instead they pull GB.

MadScientist
04-24-2014, 09:31 AM
SEA vs GB for the opener puts it into to perspective who the NFL sees as the marque team.

They could have started with SF or against DEN in a rematch of the Super Bowl. Instead they pull GB.

They prefer to not do divisional games for the opener. A Super Bowl rematch is usually a big deal, but since the SB was a complete blowout they chose the Packers, hoping for a closer game.

Smidgeon
04-24-2014, 10:14 AM

Agreed, but SF/Sea will be big anytime, and the SuperBowl rematch will be big anytime. They needed a third marquee game that didn't have anything special about it to fit the opener (thus, making it a big game). GB's number was called.

GB is one of a small handful of teams facing multiple teams coming off the bye. SF & Sea combined have zero.

Pugger
04-24-2014, 10:47 AM

I hear ya. Winning at that nuthouse is hard enough but it will be crazier on opening day. :|

sooner6600
04-24-2014, 10:50 AM
Will there be honest zebras as in the past?

Pugger
04-24-2014, 10:51 AM
One good thing about this year's schedule is we won't have a bye in week 4.

Upnorth
04-24-2014, 11:27 AM
We will see early how good this team is between the Seattle start, 3 out of first 4 games being on the road and three straight weeks of division opponents.
Way early prognostications, 11-5, provided this year see's a return to normal on our greatest nemesis (injuries). I see our probably losses being Seattle, NO, NE away @ chicago and then some random wtf loss (likely the bucs).

wist43
04-24-2014, 01:15 PM
I think we'll show pretty well against the Seahawks and Jets out of the gate for the reason I stated - neither one of those teams chucks the ball around the park, hence Dom the Dimwit won't be able to play as much 2-4 as he'd like - which should produce good results.

The games we'll likely give up 800 yds per in will be Philly, Det, Saints, and New England.

I think we're as good or better than all of those teams - but we have Dom the Dimwit as our DC. I like our chances better against Seattle, than I do any of those other prolific passing teams.

We gave up 571 yds and 40 pts to Detroit last time we met them (and that was even while forcing 4 turnoves, lol); New England will put up 50 pass attempts without batting an eyelash; the Saints usually light us up for big offensive numbers; and Philly is as prolific as any offense in the league.

I would rather play Seattle all 16 games, than to have to face a steady diet of passing teams, simply b/c of how inept Capers is at defending the pass.

MadtownPacker
04-24-2014, 02:39 PM
Fuck seattle!!! hipster bitches!!! They will get their shit pushed in by Rodgers and Co.

Zool
04-24-2014, 03:16 PM
Not sure why everyone is counting the NE game as an automatic L. They have the same deficiencies on D that the Packers do and I'd take the Packer O over the NE O. Might be 45-42.

3irty1
04-24-2014, 04:04 PM
Honestly, the game I'm least looking forward to is the one in Tampa Bay. That place has been a house of horrors for us and now its combined with Lovie Smith and his collection of anti-packer voodoo charms. Its got all the makings of something that's hard to watch.

mraynrand
04-24-2014, 04:06 PM
Honestly, the game I'm least looking forward to is the one in Tampa Bay. That place has been a house of horrors for us and now its combined with Lovie Smith and his collection of anti-packer voodoo charms. Its got all the makings of something that's hard to watch.

racist

Pugger
04-24-2014, 06:44 PM
We will see early how good this team is between the Seattle start, 3 out of first 4 games being on the road and three straight weeks of division opponents.
Way early prognostications, 11-5, provided this year see's a return to normal on our greatest nemesis (injuries). I see our probably losses being Seattle, NO, NE away @ chicago and then some random wtf loss (likely the bucs).

I think the NE game is at Lambeau.

Freak Out
04-24-2014, 07:00 PM
Going to the Chicken game with my cousin the fish monger.

Upnorth
04-24-2014, 07:04 PM
I ment away @ Chicago, so I guess I was redundant pugger. I think NE is one of the more probable chances to lose zool.

Joemailman
04-24-2014, 07:32 PM
Honestly, the game I'm least looking forward to is the one in Tampa Bay. That place has been a house of horrors for us and now its combined with Lovie Smith and his collection of anti-packer voodoo charms.

I can't remember. Did Lovie believe in voodoo?

http://jacksonupperco.files.wordpress.com/2013/12/screen-shot-2013-12-06-at-12-53-11-pm.png

Guiness
04-24-2014, 08:15 PM

I think this might be him and Jo-Bu?

http://kiddynamitesworld.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/cerrano.png

Iron Mike
04-24-2014, 08:24 PM

Have him get some tickets for me & Cheesy..... :)

Freak Out
04-24-2014, 08:40 PM
Have him get some tickets for me & Cheesy..... :)

Hey Mike. You been to his new place in west Seattle yet?

pbmax
04-25-2014, 07:54 AM

Slap a 12th man with a Sturgeon for me.

run pMc
04-25-2014, 08:49 AM

http://jacksonupperco.files.wordpress.com/2013/12/screen-shot-2013-12-06-at-12-53-11-pm.png

LOL the Ginger voodoo doll has a huge rack. Wonder where they get the little tennis shoes?

wist43
04-25-2014, 02:45 PM
Why not start out with the best and see where you are? Better then than finding out at home in your first playoff game.

We did that against the 49er's the last 2 years, and got stomped in 2012, and lost but kept the game closer last year.

I do think we're better than at any point since winning the SB; but it always comes down to Capers. I think we're as good as Seattle and SF - but their coaching is far better than ours... that's the only thing that seperates them from us at this point. McCarthy belongs on the same field as those other coaching staffs, I think he's proved that; but Capers has no business coaching in the NFL anymore.

Best case scenario?? We win another SB somehow, and Capers retires; win, win :)

gbgary
04-25-2014, 08:18 PM
fucking ridiculous...but what can you do. screwed the first game of the season again.

woodbuck27
04-25-2014, 09:43 PM
#Packers' schedule starting to take shape. 9/4 (Thur) at Seattle; 9/14 NY Jets; 9/21 at Detroit; 9/28 Chicago; 10/2 (Thur) Minnesota.

More on #Packers 2014 schedule: 10/19 Carolina; 11/2 Bye; 11/9 Chicago; 11/16 Philadelphia; 11/30 New England; 12/8 (Mon) Atl; 12/28 Det

Mike Vandermause ‏@MikeVandermause 47s
9/28 game against Bears is at Chicago. 11/9 Bears game at Lambeau.

A solid spot for a bye week this season.

RE: Opening in Seattle.

Great ! Let's see what we have.

GO PACK GO !

woodbuck27
04-25-2014, 10:00 PM
3) Injuries...are you saying any other DC would be able to get more out of the healthy talent that was on the field last year? At some point, Wist, our guys have to beat their guys one on one. Our guys have to chase their guys and tackle them. Our guys have to diagnose plays, and take better pursuit angles, and show more resolve. It's not just about some nickel package that you don't care for. There are more talented players out there who could run the 2-4-5. Again, regardless of alignment to start a play; feel free to show some toughness, beat the man across from you and make a play.

If we are remain relatively healthy this year, with the talent that is getting back on the field, be it from injury (Hayward, Matthews, etc.) or guys who will take steps forward in development (Datone Jones, Michah Hyde, etc.), plus the addition of Peppers, plus whoever we draft on D, I think you will see more talent show out, and more cohesiveness. If the product on the field looks better, does that mean Capers is a better coach, or that he has better weapons to utilize? If those players CAN run the alignments he likes to run, then I think the answer will be it's about the talent.

Yes I agree.

We need to stay healthier and tackle aggressively.

I hope for much improved aggressive play.

pbmax
04-26-2014, 12:03 PM
Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 27m
Schneider & Ireland are buddies RT @alexmarvez: My @FOXSports1 exclusive: @Seahawks hire Jeff Ireland as pre-draft consultant.

And the Good Ship Seahawk is now taking on water.

Guiness
05-02-2014, 05:18 PM
Chad Morton, let go from the Packers coaching staff at the end of last season, just got hired by the Seahawks.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/05/02/chad-morton-lands-in-seattle-as-assistant-special-teams-coach/

We can only hope he gives the hawks all the Packers ST secrets!