PDA

View Full Version : Flynn's contract terms - interesting incentives

Patler
04-24-2014, 09:58 PM
Details from jso:

$75,000 signing bonus
$730,000 base salary (vet minimum); reduced to $500,000 if he goes on IR before the regular season.
$170, 000 roster bonus ($10,625/game on the active roster)
$25,000 workout bonus.

After the base terms above, it gets interesting, with incentives earned if he plays and the team wins.

$500,000 in incentives, for games in which he plays more than 55% of the offensive snaps and the Packers win, but only if they make the playoffs.

KYPack
04-24-2014, 10:28 PM
Details from jso:

$75,000 signing bonus
$730,000 base salary (vet minimum); reduced to $500,000 if he goes on IR before the regular season.
$170, 000 roster bonus ($10,625/game on the active roster)
$25,000 workout bonus.

After the base terms above, it gets interesting, with incentives earned if he plays and the team wins.

$500,000 in incentives, for games in which he plays more than 55% of the offensive snaps and the Packers win, but only if they make the playoffs.

I thought the CBA precluded heavily incentive laden contracts like these.

Guess not, eh?

Actually, I think it's good. Some pretty creative wording from Russ Ball and the boys.

I know some guys hate Flynn bc he's a noodle arm, but he is our best option at back-up.

At least Matty can run the offense and not skitz out like Tolzein.

mraynrand
04-24-2014, 11:01 PM
If I were Rodgers, I'd be on the lookout for Jeff Gillooly late in the season.

"Why me??"

pbmax
04-25-2014, 07:57 AM

That's called the playoff killer anti-bonus.

Fritz
04-25-2014, 08:58 AM
Well, let's hope Matty never gets near to even sniffing at a chance for that bonus.

But if I understand it correctly, it's possible for Flynn to step in, play over 55% of the offensive snaps, lead the team to a win or three, but not get the bonus - if that other QB on the team can't get the team into the playoffs.

Flynn's agent is betting heavily on that #12 guy to help out, it looks like.

And Dom Capers, for that matter.

KYPack
04-25-2014, 09:14 AM
Matt kind of got hosed in general. The stench of that Detroit debacle really lasted thru the off-season. That, and many times he showed a definite lack of arm strength.

Flynn has really shown that he's only effective in MM's system. Other teams looking at him have to think that they don't MM around as their QB mentor and play caller, how's this guy gonna help us?

Patler
04-25-2014, 09:24 AM
Matt kind of got hosed in general. The stench of that Detroit debacle really lasted thru the off-season. That, and many times he showed a definite lack of arm strength.

Kind of hard feeling sorry for the guy, or thinking of him as getting hosed, when he had $10M guaranteed on his contract from Seattle, and $6M from the Raiders. With those in his background, who would be willing to step up and pay him more than minimum + incentives on another contract?

He owes MM some really nice Christmas gifts for setting him up to sign those contracts.

woodbuck27
04-25-2014, 11:12 PM
Kind of hard feeling sorry for the guy, or thinking of him as getting hosed, when he had $10M guaranteed on his contract from Seattle, and $6M from the Raiders. With those in his background, who would be willing to step up and pay him more than minimum + incentives on another contract?

He owes MM some really nice Christmas gifts for setting him up to sign those contracts.

Matt Flynn must be very well liked. Great in the locker room.

Why do I always see him as a bartender!?