PDA

View Full Version : VERNON DAVIS = T.O.

gbpackfan
08-28-2006, 06:15 PM
Did anyone see Vernon Davis' touchdown catch against the Cowboy's this past weekend? I just saw it on ESPN and after he caught the ball he "celebrated" just like T.O. Not to mention that he made a big deal out of one TD in the middle of a game that 49ers looked terrible in. It is hard to explain but V.D. morphed into T.O. for that moment. I am starting to think that Davis' is going to be a huge head case and I am very happy that we picked Hawk instead. Thoughts on Vernon Davis and what he has shown so far?

VegasPackFan
08-28-2006, 06:17 PM
I didnt see that.

After watching the draft this year, I thought he came off as a very humble sort of guy. He cried when he was picked. So this report seems like quite a turn of events.

CaliforniaCheez
08-28-2006, 06:18 PM
Nobody wants to see VD.

gbpackfan
08-28-2006, 06:19 PM
Vegas,

But as soon as he got to San Fran is started slamming the Packers saying he was hoping that GB didnt pick him. He has a right to think that but a rookie should keep his f-ing mouth shut and just talk about the team that did draft him. Vernon Davis seemed to forget that the Packers PASSED ON HIM, not the other way around.

VegasPackFan
08-28-2006, 06:25 PM
If he actually said that then he is an idiot.

Sometimes the press takes certain statements and attempts to make their own news with it, so I am a little skeptical.

Just like when everyone reported that Favre somehow said that if Shermy were fired, he would not come back.

gbpackfan
08-28-2006, 06:28 PM
I watched the freaking press conference. It was well documented. There is no doubt about it, Vernon Davis DID NOT WANT TO BE DRAFTED BY THE PACKERS AND HE MADE IT KNOWN TO ALL THE WORLD! He came accross as a giant ass, which I believe he is.

VegasPackFan
08-28-2006, 06:33 PM
Well. then he is a frickin moron, and I hope AJ buries him first chance he gets.

hurleyfan
08-28-2006, 06:57 PM
Too many of these guys are punks, all about yappin & woofin and not enough about caring about the game.. Cmon guys, act like you've done it beofre... we long for the days of Barry Sanders & Marshall Faulks of the world.. score a td, flip the ball the the ref..

'Course these guys have been brought up in the MTV world, where all the bad-boy stuff gets the "props".

Crap, I play in an over 40 BBall league and it simply amazes the amount of shit that comes out of these guys' mouths!