PDA

View Full Version : Barnett looking small and weak

CaliforniaCheez
08-28-2006, 08:01 PM
Middle of the D-line letting Barnett get shoved around.

digitaldean
08-28-2006, 08:04 PM
Middle of the D-line letting Barnett get shoved around.

Hodge may not be able to cover the pass, but if we are going to stink this bad, get him in there NOW!

Tarlam!
08-29-2006, 01:27 AM
Now, why am I not surprised by this observation. Oh, yeah, because Wist has infected me with the "I think Barnett sucks" virus.

I, too, think we should be looking at Hodge. I just like the fact that he hits hard enough in practice to give guys concussions...

beakerman
08-29-2006, 08:51 AM
Did any of you even seen Hodge make a play in the last 2 weeks either?

Partial
08-29-2006, 08:52 AM
Did any of you even seen Hodge make a play in the last 2 weeks either?

Nope, He has been very quiet since the scrimmage

ND72
08-29-2006, 08:53 AM
I can answer that, NO, because unlike our team in the family night scrimmage, other teams actually block the MLB. Barnett is still the best LB we have, deal with it.

Partial
08-29-2006, 08:55 AM
I can answer that, NO, because unlike our team in the family night scrimmage, other teams actually block the MLB. Barnett is still the best LB we have, deal with it.

Based on how poor he played last night, shit we are in trouble.

ND72
08-29-2006, 09:01 AM
poor? he was in on almost every single tackle...if our DL hadn't gotten blown out of hte water it might have been better. I really question what some of you see when you watch a game. I'm not a huge supporter, but wow. I guess when a guy makes most of the teams tackles that's just poor play. we had lot bigger problems last night than Nick Barnett.

FritzDontBlitz
08-29-2006, 09:56 AM
poor? he was in on almost every single tackle...if our DL hadn't gotten blown out of hte water it might have been better. I really question what some of you see when you watch a game. I'm not a huge supporter, but wow. I guess when a guy makes most of the teams tackles that's just poor play. we had lot bigger problems last night than Nick Barnett.

dude, what were YOU watching? barnett played like shit too. yeah, he was in on the most tackles, but receivers were catching passes over the middle the whole game. the no-huddle confused the hell out of him. on the one houshmanzadah td down the sideline he let ahmad carroll get blocked into him, then instead of pursuing the ballcarrier barnett started jumping up and down bitching like a little kid.

i get tired of guys always blaming the defensive linemen when the lbs look like shit. linebackers are supposed to be able to disengage from blockers too, you know....

Partial
08-29-2006, 09:58 AM

Someone is going to tackle someone on every play. I don't put a lot of stock into who is getting the tackles. Truly dominant players don't make a lot of plays because QB/RBs avoid them.

Partial
08-29-2006, 10:00 AM
Barnett made one play last night. He stopped a guy for a gain of 2 yards (compared to his normal 4-5 given up), with his team down by 20+ points, and he started CELEBRATING. Jackass.

The whole front 7 looked poor. Barnett didn't look exceptionally poor, but he looked as shitty as everyone else.

EDIT - MEANT BARNETT AS JACKASS, NOT YOU ND :wink:

wist43
08-29-2006, 10:04 AM
I will confess that I haven't watched much of the game yet - I had a fantasy draft last night... but, I taped it and will give it a look tonight.

About the only thing that stood out from what I did watch, was Barnett's bad angle on Houshmanzadah's TD.

No matter how you slice it, 48-17 is indicative of a massive team meltdown. Coaches and players.

FritzDontBlitz
08-29-2006, 10:04 AM
Barnett made one play last night. He stopped a guy for a gain of 2 yards (compared to his normal 4-5 given up), with his team down by 20+ points, and he started CELEBRATING. Jackass.

The whole front 7 looked poor. Barnett didn't look exceptionally poor, but he looked as shitty as everyone else.

yeah, i saw that celebration. i thought he looked stupid.

Charles Woodson
08-29-2006, 10:14 AM

Partial its one game man, get over it...i mean go have a beer or something and stop thinking that were gana have a worse season then last year...think of it this way, we are a young team, and the benifit of a young team is that they can only get better...i hope

Partial
08-29-2006, 10:21 AM

Partial its one game man, get over it...i mean go have a beer or something and stop thinking that were gana have a worse season then last year...think of it this way, we are a young team, and the benifit of a young team is that they can only get better...i hope

I've seen plenty of young players get worse. Joey Harrington comes to mind. TT was dumb for going with so many young guys taht don't know the way in the NFL yet. Confidence is key and that is going to wave bye-bye with a slow start.

Tarlam!
08-29-2006, 10:24 AM
TT sure had a real buffet of blue chip players that were flocking to GB. He had to bat the away at his office door!

Yup, he sure is stupid for not signing anyone.

Charles Woodson
08-29-2006, 10:24 AM

I've seen plenty of young players get worse. Joey Harrington comes to mind. TT was dumb for going with so many young guys taht don't know the way in the NFL yet. Confidence is key and that is going to wave bye-bye with a slow start.

And have you seen harrington now?? he looks pretty good in miami....

Partial
08-29-2006, 10:35 AM

I agree, I just think having all those young, inexpereinced guys can really kill a team and its supposed "star" players. The need for veteran leadership is something TT is overlooking.

Charles Woodson
08-29-2006, 10:41 AM

I agree, I just think having all those young, inexpereinced guys can really kill a team and its supposed "star" players. The need for veteran leadership is something TT is overlooking.

Well thats something we can all agree on, TT did a shit job of filling certain postions, and getting some leadership besides brett, on this team

RashanGary
08-29-2006, 11:05 AM
Barnett looked like crap and that celebration was rediculous. Hawk has been making 2 or 3 tackles per game that are more impressive than any play Barnett has ever made and he just gets up and walks back to line up for the next play.

Could you imagine Barnetts retarded reaction if he would have broken that pass up over the middle. He would have done some stupid ass samari dance that lasted for like 10 seconds. One good thing about Barnett never making big plays is that we only have to see his stupid antics once every 2 or 3 games.

Merlin
08-29-2006, 01:13 PM
Yeah Hawk sure showed us why he is a #1 pick all preseason, um NOT. HOw the hell do you expect any veteran to play well when they are busy baby sitting rookies???????????????

That IS what is happening out there. Barnett was diredcting traffic during the no huddle offense. By the time the ball was snapped, your precious Hawk was so confused he didn't know which way was up. Barnett may have appeared to not have played a good game, but would you look like you played a good game if you were busy trying to be 3 places at once to make up for roookie mistakes??????

I didn't think so....NEXT...

cpk1994
08-29-2006, 01:36 PM

So what? Call me when he does something in the regular season. Preseaon means squat.

ND72
08-29-2006, 01:47 PM
i'm just going to say that all this is a joke...it's preseason #1....they aren't running plays to necessarily win games to shut down the other team, they are running plays to see what they have. If any of you really noticed with barnett...other than a few times he dropped back in the middle, he was responsible for a flat, which for those of you that don't know footblal, means he was covering a sideline. All of you are so ready to bash Hawk also, why aren't you bashing Hodge? He hasn't done SHIT since the scrimmage...where's his bashing? Greg Jennings is not at all consistant with his receptions, yet he catches 1 out of the 3 passes thrown to him in the first quarter, and the kid is great....a pass is almost intercepted on a slant to Ferguson, but Ferguson is the worst, even though it's brett's fault for the horrible throw. seriously...i thought this was a better educated message board.