PDA

View Full Version : Thompson Era Winding Down

call_me_ishmael
05-05-2014, 02:19 PM
WSSP is doing a topic today about how Ted didn't seem *right* in the press conference the other day. That opinion, paired with the latest topics of an extension for MM (despite not having for one for TT) and TT's general non-commitment to beyond this year in the presser have WSSP guys theorizing this will be Ted's last year before he retires.

Any thoughts on it? Did anyone see the press conference? Did he look and sound normal? I missed it.

MadScientist
05-05-2014, 02:31 PM
TT said something about taking a cough drop. Taking it at face value (always risky with a TT presser), he had a cold and therefore didn't seem *right*. Now given TT's nature of not giving out real medical information, this could mean that he is suffering from some sort of MERS-Ebola hybrid, along with TB.

Brandon494
05-05-2014, 02:39 PM
When does he ever "seem right". I don't see TT leaving GB for awhile, he has no wife or family so he can't use that excuse to leave.

mraynrand
05-05-2014, 02:42 PM
When does he ever "seem right". I don't see TT leaving GB for awhile, he has no wife or family so he can't use that excuse to leave.

that's the excuse the team uses when they oust him. Ted will probably have to say he is stepping down to spend more time with his salamanders.

pbmax
05-05-2014, 03:24 PM
that's the excuse the team uses when they oust him. Ted will probably have to say he is stepping down to spend more time with his salamanders.

No, they are going with the tried and true Soviet Premier Expiration Announcement:

During six months of no public outings, they steadfastly claim he has a cold; then a funeral is scheduled for the following week.

woodbuck27
05-05-2014, 10:09 PM
This seems the opportune spot for this blast from Packerrats past...from the very deep Packerrat vault:

http://packerrats.com/archive/index.php/t-1534.html

ALL YOU EVER NEEDED - To Know About Ted Thompson

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now is there any hint in there that will give you a clue as to what Ted Thompson might do and Green Bay Packers in the immediate one - two years?

smuggler
05-05-2014, 11:33 PM
Suddenly I am overcome with pity for Thompson, but also understand his success.

mraynrand
05-05-2014, 11:40 PM
This seems the opportune spot for this blast from Packerrats past...from the very deep Packerrat vault:

http://packerrats.com/archive/index.php/t-1534.html

ALL YOU EVER NEEDED - To Know About Ted Thompson

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now is there any hint in there that will give you a clue as to what Ted Thompson might do and Green Bay Packers in the immediate one - two years?

I need to know more

mraynrand
05-05-2014, 11:41 PM
Suddenly I am overcome with pity for Thompson, but also understand his success.

It's lonely at the top. I know that through extrapolation from the bottom.

Just Jeff
05-06-2014, 05:21 AM
I can sense our Oline getting better just in anticipation for it. If I'm our former QB, I put off any reconciliation until this happens, assuming that its soon.

woodbuck27
05-06-2014, 06:39 AM
I can sense our Oline getting better just in anticipation for it. If I'm our former QB, I put off any reconciliation until this happens, assuming that its soon.

I want this thing and honoring Favre to get out of the way ASAP.

These are grown men and need to act cooler. Need to get out of the way of themselves.

Just Jeff
05-06-2014, 06:41 AM
I want this thing and honoring Favre to get out of the way ASAP.

These are grown men and need to act cooler. Need to get out of the way of themselves.

Agreed. I don't think most 1st ballots HOF QBs truly appreciate the value of a locker. They are too spoiled.

Rastak
05-06-2014, 06:35 PM
No, they are going with the tried and true Soviet Premier Expiration Announcement:

During six months of no public outings, they steadfastly claim he has a cold; then a funeral is scheduled for the following week.

Those were the days.

mission
05-06-2014, 06:57 PM
I've definitely liked Ted Thompson, but would LOVE John Schneider to come back home to have full reign.

Joemailman
05-06-2014, 06:59 PM
I've definitely liked Ted Thompson, but would LOVE John Schneider to come back home to have full reign.

Would you give up a high draft pick to get him?

mission
05-06-2014, 07:00 PM
Would you give up a high draft pick to get him?

3rd rounder? Sure. I think he's that good and a big part of TT's "drafting success".

Joemailman
05-06-2014, 07:05 PM
3rd rounder? Sure. I think he's that good and a big part of TT's "drafting success".

I was thinking 1st or 2nd. However, Schneider's contract with Seattle expires after 2016. It's conceivable he could fulfill that contract and become a "free agent" GM.

Guiness
05-06-2014, 07:09 PM

Why do you put TT's drafting success in quotes?

mission
05-06-2014, 07:24 PM
Why do you put TT's drafting success in quotes?

Good question, probably unnecessary. Like any successful leader, he's only as good as the people around him. Better leaders have a higher Law of Attractive ceiling and can keep reloading the talent around them. I'm not sure that's happened recently in the front office, though.