PDA

View Full Version : 0 for 87..........WILL THE STREAK CONTINUE ???? PROBABLY

Bretsky
05-06-2014, 08:29 PM
http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/badgers-in-green-and-gold-not-lately-b99261275z1-258210461.html

Bretsky
05-06-2014, 08:30 PM
Adding a reverse whammy article to end the streak !!!

woodbuck27
05-06-2014, 09:54 PM
Adding a reverse whammy article to end the streak !!!

Maybe that negative streak and Badgers to Packers ends this draft B. ?

I like some of the prospects from Wisconsin...considered them for my Mock.

It's right here where I see a chance for a Badger to become a Packer and the 2014 TC:

" Slick wide receiver Jared Abbrederis is one of the draft's best route runners. Another mid-round wideout is needed with James Jones off to Oakland. Dezmen Southward is a 6-foot, 211-pounder with 4.38 speed and a 42-inch vertical — and Green Bay does like the hybrid cornerback/safety. Jacob Pedersen is the latest receiving tight end. Versatile James White is the latest running back. " FR. LINK in Post #1.

ThunderDan
05-07-2014, 08:48 AM
As one of the comments at the bottom of the article stated, "only 36 Badgers have been drafted" while TT has been GM. Divide that by 32 teams and on average TT should have drafted one over his tenure. The two Badgers that really stand out are JJ Watt and Joe Thomas, both gone before the Packers pick. There are a few others like Owen Daniels and Russell Wilson (don't think we are benching ARod) that would be nice to have and would have been available but all-in-all UW talent doesn't stand up real well in the NFL.

Patler
05-07-2014, 11:30 AM
As one of the comments at the bottom of the article stated, "only 36 Badgers have been drafted" while TT has been GM. Divide that by 32 teams and on average TT should have drafted one over his tenure. The two Badgers that really stand out are JJ Watt and Joe Thomas, both gone before the Packers pick. There are a few others like Owen Daniels and Russell Wilson (don't think we are benching ARod) that would be nice to have and would have been available but all-in-all UW talent doesn't stand up real well in the NFL.

Heck, the Packers didn't even have the opportunity to make the mistake of drafting Gabe Carimi. They had to go with Sherrod instead.

Fritz
05-07-2014, 11:58 AM
Heck, the Packers didn't even have the opportunity to make the mistake of drafting Gabe Carimi. They had to go with Sherrod instead.

And I, for one, would rather have the "will-he-pan-out-finally-this-year" Sherrod than the "he's-a-bust" Carimini.

Which Badger should be drafted, by the way? Beau Allen?

Please don't say Borland. Short arms, slow. But a gamer!

There's enough Hawk hate on this board that it seems incongruous with Borland love.

run pMc
05-07-2014, 02:54 PM
And I, for one, would rather have the "will-he-pan-out-finally-this-year" Sherrod than the "he's-a-bust" Carimini.

Which Badger should be drafted, by the way? Beau Allen?

Please don't say Borland. Short arms, slow. But a gamer!

There's enough Hawk hate on this board that it seems incongruous with Borland love.

Honestly, it won't break my heart if the streak continues another year.

Borland's a gamer, but he's not the answer for GB.
I'd take a late round flyer on Allen to learn from and replace Raji as space eater, or that Groy guy who can play several spots on the OL.
Abbrederis is a maybe, but who was the last Badger WR to play well in the pros? Lee Evans? Al Toon?

ThunderDan
05-07-2014, 03:01 PM
Honestly, it won't break my heart if the streak continues another year.

Borland's a gamer, but he's not the answer for GB.
I'd take a late round flyer on Allen to learn from and replace Raji as space eater, or that Groy guy who can play several spots on the OL.
Abbrederis is a maybe, but who was the last Badger WR to play well in the pros? Lee Evans? Al Toon?

My thoughts also. Borland will be a good player but needs to be in a 4-3 defense to survive at his size. Abbrederis would be nice but if a similarly rated S or LB was on the board I would rather draft that guy. Groy is an interesting pick from Middleton, looks like he can play all 5 spots on the OL. Beau Allen is OK late in the draft. Could takes some snaps at NT.

WI has had much better TE prospects than WR for the last 7 or 8 years.

Al was a neighbor for a while. He likes to build new homes every 2-3 years.