PDA

View Full Version : My Rankings

HarveyWallbangers
05-08-2014, 04:17 PM
I was going to post my rankings by position, but the board pooped out. I just uploaded my draft spreadsheet instead. If you want to see what the consensus rankings are, you can just download the spreadsheet and sort by the consensus (CRk column).

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1_yTdYPh_kt3y1KgC10QLa9o03GB4_4O5Fx1h4ahwrtc/edit#gid=1962482956

I wasn't going to publish this, so there's some things that may not be obvious. There is a worksheet for each position. The columns are position, my rankings, where I'd draft them, player, college, consensus rankings, consensus round range, consensus position rank. Then, there are the players measurables--including a crude formula to calculate the player's SAA (speed, burst, agility), explosion (vertical and broad jump), and overall athletic ability. Next, are various scouting reports on each player for traits key to the position. Then, the player's scheme fit and NFL player comparison. Finally, there are the consensus rankings. Key players acquired by Ted Thompson measurables are listed under the Packers worksheet.

If a player has injury concerns, their name is in red. If a player has character concerns, their name is in purple. Measurables listed in blue were Pro Day measurables--not Scouting Combing measurables.

HarveyWallbangers
05-08-2014, 04:20 PM
Sorry that the font is kind of small and hard to read on Google Docs. Also, the gray is darker than when I'm viewing it in Excel. You can always download the spreadsheet and tweak it however you want.

HarveyWallbangers
05-08-2014, 04:26 PM
Also, I haven't finished my CB and S rankings, so they are mostly the consensus rankings at this point.

red
05-08-2014, 04:52 PM
great shit harv

red
05-08-2014, 04:55 PM
how do your rating go?

is it

great-good-solid-average-poor?

or

great-good-ave-solid-poor?

KYPack
05-08-2014, 05:02 PM
Dern, good work, Harv.

You actually did all this stuff?

HarveyWallbangers
05-08-2014, 05:06 PM
how do your rating go?

is it

great-good-solid-average-poor?

or

great-good-ave-solid-poor?

Great, Good, Solid, Avg, Poor. There's a Bell Curve. :)

Freak Out
05-08-2014, 05:15 PM
TT needs to sign Gator Hoskins as a FA.

Joemailman
05-08-2014, 05:19 PM
Awesome stuff Harv. Jordan Matthews is one of my top hopes to be a Packer. The comparison you have of him is Jordy Nelson. He practically has Jordy's first name and his last name is Matthews. He was meant to be a Packer.

Freak Out
05-08-2014, 05:19 PM
Fuck....I am getting stoked for the draft now. There is some insane talent at WR this year.....no matter what happens before 21 the packers will end up with a badass unless TT totally fucks this thing up. JH anyone? :)

red
05-08-2014, 06:06 PM
Awesome stuff Harv. Jordan Matthews is one of my top hopes to be a Packer. The comparison you have of him is Jordy Nelson. He practically has Jordy's first name and his last name is Matthews. He was meant to be a Packer.

i think he goes late first very high second, meaning we're out of play. we have much bigger needs with that first pick

Joemailman
05-08-2014, 06:12 PM
i think he goes late first very high second, meaning we're out of play. we have much bigger needs with that first pick

You okay with him as the pick if TT trades down?

red
05-08-2014, 06:14 PM
You okay with him as the pick if TT trades down?

no

with that first pick, and maybe our first 2 picks, we need immediate impact starters at safety, ILB, TE, DL first before messing with what we'll need next year (2015)

if he were to somehow fall to our second pick, then i could live with it. but not our first

and i'm not so sure that mathews with our first is all that much better then one of the guys who could be there at our pick in the third

HarveyWallbangers
05-08-2014, 06:20 PM
You take BPA-unless things are close. IMHO, if Pryor, Ward, HaHa are gone, you don't reach on the next safety. I don't see any ILBs there worth drafting. Shazier and Mosley will be gone. Huge dropoff to Borland, Brown, and Kirksey. Don't chase a need.

red
05-08-2014, 06:29 PM
You take BPA-unless things are close. IMHO, if Pryor, Ward, HaHa are gone, you don't reach on the next safety. I don't see any ILBs there worth drafting. Shazier and Mosley will be gone. Huge dropoff to Borland, Brown, and Kirksey. Don't chase a need.

don't throw a pick away on a non need and neglect your biggest need for yet another year. we saw how well that worked out last year when we tried that approach of not worrying about needs

Guiness
05-09-2014, 01:15 AM
You've got a couple of awfully big FBs listed - one at 6'3" 268 with a 35 count on the bench is big...but the JC Copeland at 5'11" 270? wtf? That has to be a scary dude.

woodbuck27
05-09-2014, 06:51 AM
Dern, good work, Harv.

You actually did all this stuff?

I second that.

You gotta love football and the NFL.

I thought I'd be glued to the Bruins at Habs game and I actually never watched a second of that 1-0 Bruins win in OT.

I was glued to the puter and Packerrats and the draft sites.

Football gets in my way of a lot of other things sometimes. LOL

OK...I'm addicted.

Just Jeff
05-09-2014, 07:15 AM
I second that.

You gotta love football and the NFL.

I thought I'd be glued to the Bruins at Habs game and I actually never watched a second of that 1-0 Bruins win in OT.

I was glued to the puter and Packerrats and the draft sites.

Football gets in my way of a lot of other things sometimes. LOL

OK...I'm addicted.
I was at the tilted Kilt and got to watch both. Cheap OT goal cheapened a great game.

woodbuck27
05-09-2014, 07:34 AM
I was at the tilted Kilt and got to watch both. Cheap OT goal cheapened a great game.

What a night though for that young fella " Matt Fraser" that was just called up and scored that huge OT goal for the Boston Bruins to knot the series at 2-2.

He was interviewed after the game and he said it was a lifetime dream. Can you imagine doing something like that... and the low probability of it happening.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/hockey/nhl/gameflash/2014/05/08/34741_recap.html

Just Jeff
05-09-2014, 07:37 AM
What a night though for that young fella " Matt Fraser" that was just called up and scored that huge OT goal for the Boston Bruins to knot the series at 2-2.

He was interviewed after the game and he said it was a lifetime dream. Can you imagine doing something lie that and the low probability of it happening.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/hockey/nhl/gameflash/2014/05/08/34741_recap.html

I don't know about that I stayed at a holliday inn express

woodbuck27
05-09-2014, 07:53 AM
I don't know about that I stayed at a holliday inn express

Sorry but I'm not at all sure what that means Just Jeff in terms of my last post?

mraynrand
05-09-2014, 11:42 AM
It's easy to see from the chart why you'd like Latimer. Wow.

Abracadabra from Wisconsin - 4 on the bench press - LOL.

Zool
05-09-2014, 11:50 AM
It's easy to see from the chart why you'd like Latimer. Wow.

Abracadabra from Wisconsin - 4 on the bench press - LOL.

I've been calling him Abbazabba.

HarveyWallbangers
05-09-2014, 04:43 PM
New link for this.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Z_ulDq1DugtLZKknFXmIT3zfaYpDRWmdrpN6urloW7s/edit#gid=1343591210

There were formatting issues that were driving me nuts. When I'd upload a new file to replace it, they still showed up. So, I deleted the old copy and uploaded a new copy. Unfortunately, I still see the same thing. Must be cached.