27 New Orleans Saints
28 Carolina Panthers
29 New England Patriots
30 San Francisco 49ers
31 Denver Broncos
32 Seattle Seahawks

Bretsky
05-08-2014, 05:42 PM
only an idiot would give them two firsts, and a second and third this year to move up five spots. I think they overpriced the pick like there was a franchise QB and they keep it.

I am having FLASHBACKS to the year we drafted Fluffy when several players I really liked, including Muhammed Wilkinson get drafted the final picks right before Green Bay.....I hope the same does not happen tonight

red
05-08-2014, 05:47 PM
texans have tipped their hand with word leaking out that they're going after mallet

i think the qb's, all of them, are gonna be falling tonight

Joemailman
05-08-2014, 05:51 PM
only an idiot would give them two firsts, and a second and third this year to move up five spots. I think they overpriced the pick like there was a franchise QB and they keep it.

I am having FLASHBACKS to the year we drafted Fluffy when several players I really liked, including Muhammed Wilkinson get drafted the final picks right before Green Bay.....I hope the same does not happen tonight

As our resodent Badger homer, were you disappointed when the Bears took Carimi?

Bretsky
05-08-2014, 05:54 PM
As our resodent Badger homer, were you disappointed when the Bears took Carimi?

Truth be told I was crushed
Mike Tice, the Bears OL coach then, knew Carimi very well as his son was friends with Carimi. I thought he would be fine as a RT in the NFL

Freak Out
05-08-2014, 05:54 PM
The price to trade up to the Houston pick should be dropping fast.....

red
05-08-2014, 06:05 PM
Truth be told I was crushed
Mike Tice, the Bears OL coach then, knew Carimi very well as his son was friends with Carimi. I thought he would be fine as a RT in the NFL

that was one of many of the guys we both liked that we didn't get

ThunderDan
05-08-2014, 06:18 PM
Packers with the 21st pick of the draft trade their pick to.....Jacksonville jaguars.

Bretsky
05-08-2014, 06:19 PM
Packers with the 21st pick of the draft trade their pick to.....Jacksonville jaguars.

What would they get ? The Jags 2nd and 3rd ? I would take that

Joemailman
05-08-2014, 06:28 PM
What would they get ? The Jags 2nd and 3rd ? I would take that

Yep. That's about right. I wouldn't mind.

If the Browns don't take a QB at #4, someone may want to trade up to get ahead of the Browns pick at #26. That's where the opportunity to trade down could happen IMO.

red
05-08-2014, 06:33 PM
Yep. That's about right. I wouldn't mind.

If the Browns don't take a QB at #4, someone may want to trade up to get ahead of the Browns pick at #26. That's where the opportunity to trade down could happen IMO.

i think the big problem with that is that there are a lot of teams between us and the browns at #26 who want to trade down. it could be a cat fight to get out of the early 20'2.

there's also the thinking that arizona could go QB, meaning if a team wants a QB they might have to jump in front of #20, leaving us shit out of luck. unless that then starts a QB run due to panic once the cards take one. then we might be able to get good value

red
05-08-2014, 06:35 PM
PUT EM ON THE FUCKING CLOCK, LETS GET THIS SHIT GOING

red
05-08-2014, 06:36 PM
i don't want anyone that wears a fucking bowtie

those things are creepy

red
05-08-2014, 06:38 PM
come on. don't stand cooks next to clowney. what asshole thought that would be a good idea? cook barely come up to his shoulder

Joemailman
05-08-2014, 06:39 PM
i don't want anyone that wears a fucking bowtie

those things are creepy

:lol: I wonder if TT takes those things into account.

red
05-08-2014, 06:41 PM
jordan mathews- bowtie- undraftable

mosley- bowtie- undraftable

clinton dix- bowtie undraftable

marqise lee- bowtie- undraftable

roby- bowtie- undraftable

shazier- no bowtie but no eyebrows, even creepier

pryor- no bowtie

Bretsky
05-08-2014, 06:43 PM
Lets get ready to rumble !! CONFESSION

I had a bunch of buddies that wanted me to come to the bar to watch this with them. I debated as to the bar or here. If the scripting issue was still going on I was headed to the bar. Mad got it fixed.........and now........u r stuck with me and my outrageous predictions the whole night.

RED..did you see KC is trying to trade out guy Brandon Flowers ?? Interesting now.....how teams are sometimes trying to trade stellar players at certain positions as opposed to paying that position high money.

Guiness
05-08-2014, 06:43 PM
The price to trade up to the Houston pick should be dropping fast.....

Or they may not be nearly so motivated. If they trade for Mallet with the idea that he can be their starter, than one of the big reasons for trading down, not wanting to spend the first pick on a QB who is not worthy, goes away. They can take Clowney or Mack.

Bretsky
05-08-2014, 06:45 PM
I am sold on Jordan Matthews to where I would not be heartbroken if we traded down to round two top and drafted him. The dude lives and breathes football. He got in trouble in college classes for bringing his IPAD to class and studying film. He spent countless hours breaking down the oppositiions DB's and has studied countless WR's in trying to get better. Class act

red
05-08-2014, 06:46 PM
Lets get ready to rumble !! CONFESSION

I had a bunch of buddies that wanted me to come to the bar to watch this with them. I debated as to the bar or here. If the scripting issue was still going on I was headed to the bar. Mad got it fixed.........and now........u r stuck with me and my outrageous predictions the whole night.

RED..did you see KC is trying to trade out guy Brandon Flowers ?? Interesting now.....how teams are sometimes trying to trade stellar players at certain positions as opposed to paying that position high money.

this is the one time of year where players mean nothing and picks mean everything.

what do they want for him?

i was wondering if it was possible that one of our guys like tramon, perry, neal, jordy or cobb could be traded tonight

Bretsky
05-08-2014, 06:46 PM
Or they may not be nearly so motivated. If they trade for Mallet with the idea that he can be their starter, than one of the big reasons for trading down, not wanting to spend the first pick on a QB who is not worthy, goes away. They can take Clowney or Mack.

What does Mallet bring in a trade ? A 2 ? Hmmm....I would trade a 3 for him in a heartbeat if I needed a QB.

Bretsky
05-08-2014, 06:48 PM
this is the one time of year where players mean nothing and picks mean everything.

i was wondering if it was possible that one of our guys like tramon, perry, neal, jordy or cobb could be traded tonight

TT does not move fast. Do you ever remember a time where TT traded a players for a pick on the same day of the draft ?

I HAVE AN IDEA !!! Can we trade Brad Jones and our 7th round pick for past considerations ???????

red
05-08-2014, 06:49 PM
TT does not move fast. Do you ever remember a time where TT traded a players for a pick on the same day of the draft ?

I HAVE AN IDEA !!! Can we trade Brad Jones and our 7th round pick for past considerations ???????

trade them to detroit for the right to say we drafted joey harrington?

Bretsky
05-08-2014, 06:50 PM

I'm sure they are asking a 1st; but I bet they'd take a 2nd.
Flowers is an all pro but he's due a big payday and they don't wanna pay him.
Wonder if we could trade Tramon Williams and a pick for Flowers ? We pay Tramon big bucks this year. Rotate the ching to Flowers
I'm not sure our future cap could handle it though.
Plus then TT would bring in somebody BOTH you and I like; that never happens !!!!!

Bretsky
05-08-2014, 06:51 PM
trade them to detroit for the right to say we drafted joey harrington?

That is dam funny; Detroit is no longer embarrassed for the Harrington pick.
We are no longer embarrassed for overpaying Just a Guy Jones

Rastak
05-08-2014, 06:56 PM
Greets guys and gals.....DRAFT DAY!

VegasPackFan
05-08-2014, 06:58 PM
For me, this is the start of the season!

Rastak
05-08-2014, 06:59 PM
Do any of the gals actually show up for the draft?

Joemailman
05-08-2014, 07:01 PM

ESPN just said Spielman doesn't expect to stay at #8. Looking to trade down. Any idea how far?

red
05-08-2014, 07:01 PM

told you guys he'd show up. ras never misses a draft

who are the queens going after in round one? whats the buzz on the wrong side of the river?

Bretsky
05-08-2014, 07:02 PM
no.....they are all in a corner room fondling each other !!

Rastak......are the Queens going QB round one ? I kind of doubt it

Rastak
ESPN just said Spielman doesn't expect to stay at #8. Looking to trade down. Any idea how far?

No idea but I would guess maybe 10 spots max.

red

they never show up, only pugger. and she keeps telling us she's waaaaaay old

Bretsky
05-08-2014, 07:03 PM
NFL NETWORK .................or................ESPN ???????????????????/ Which station rules on Draft Day ??

red
05-08-2014, 07:04 PM
COME ON, ITS 4 AFTER. START THE GOD DAMN CLOCK

oh, it can't start until mr. ego himself starts it by running his fucking mouth

Bretsky
05-08-2014, 07:04 PM
they never show up, only pugger. and she keeps telling us she's waaaaaay old

Don't buy it....she is a young model !!

Rastak
05-08-2014, 07:05 PM
told you guys he'd show up. ras never misses a draft

who are the queens going after in round one? whats the buzz on the wrong side of the river?

Donald is picking up steam. Trade down is picking up steam......after that Rick Spielman as always hasn't said shit.

I'm somewhat hoping they pull off a defensive player and somehow get back into the first round to get maybe Bridgewater.....I can;t understand how he's fallen so far with the media after the numbers and tape he put up.

Bretsky
05-08-2014, 07:05 PM
It's time for the CLOWN

Rastak
05-08-2014, 07:06 PM
COME ON, ITS 4 AFTER. START THE GOD DAMN CLOCK

oh, it can't start until mr. ego himself starts it by running his fucking mouth

Thing I hate the most is the 4th round where it's all highlights if the first round and they don't even announce picks.....fucking stupid.

red
NFL NETWORK .................or................ESPN ???????????????????/ Which station rules on Draft Day ??

i usually go ESPN, less loudmouth former players to annoy me

Rastak
Ice cold Summit EPA is poured......let the draft begin.

red
05-08-2014, 07:07 PM
Thing I hate the most is the 4th round where it's all highlights if the first round and they don't even announce picks.....fucking stupid.

yup, you're team makes thepick and you have to go onto nfl.com to find out who you picked because the talking heads are still talking about clowney or manziel

Rastak
i usually go ESPN, less loudmouth former players to annoy me

NFL Network to start - I may shift if it sucks too bad.

red
It's time for the CLOWN

its gotta be. he's been the #1 pick for 2 years now

red
05-08-2014, 07:08 PM
NFL Network to start - I may shift if it sucks too bad.

yeah, i already got tired of mel and switched the channel. that lasted 5 minutes, about all i can take of him

Rastak
05-08-2014, 07:08 PM
What's the time limit in round 1......15 or 10 minutes?

red
05-08-2014, 07:09 PM
jeff fisher looks pretty drunk, and very uncomfortable in a suit

Rastak
yeah, i already got tired of mel and switched the channel. that lasted 5 minutes, about all i can take of him

Heard Caliendo doing the Kiper impersonation......"Todd Todd Todd Todd Todd" - funny as shit

Joemailman
Houston taking some time. Will there be a trade?

red
05-08-2014, 07:10 PM
What's the time limit in round 1......15 or 10 minutes?

10 i think, it changed a year or two ago

Rastak
05-08-2014, 07:10 PM
I also say Clowney....

red
05-08-2014, 07:11 PM
mooch is my buddy, guess it'll be NFLN tonight

Joemailman
05-08-2014, 07:11 PM
Gotta go with ESPN. Michael irvin on NFL Network.

red
05-08-2014, 07:12 PM
clowney not on the phone?

interesting. texans must be busy working the trade lines

red
05-08-2014, 07:13 PM
all those fans gathered at the texans facility. how funny would it be if they trade the pick for a first rounder next year and one in 2016?

Rastak
I think they are discouraging the phone shots.....

Bretsky
CHUCKY JUST told MEL three years from today he'll be talling MEL I told you so and they should have drafted Johnnie Manzel

Rastak
05-08-2014, 07:14 PM
If they know it fucking announce it.

superfan

Cheers Rastak. Just poured myself a Summit Frostline Rye - not bad but still prefer the EPA.

red
announce the fucking pick already!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rastak
05-08-2014, 07:15 PM
Greets Super....

Bretsky
He can go learn from the best DE in the NFL

red
I think they are discouraging the phone shots.....

i know they aren't letting the talking heads announce the picks before rodger does, but this is just stupid. if the pick is in, announce it

clowney it is

esoxx
05-08-2014, 07:16 PM
No brainer.

Joemailman
05-08-2014, 07:16 PM
http://www.draftinsider.net/reports/2014/DE/Jadeveon-Clowney

Jadeveon Clowney
School: South Carolina
Position: DE
Positive: Highly decorated three-year starter who finished his junior campaign with 40 tackles, 11.5 tackles for loss, and three sacks. Sophomore totals included 23.5 tackles for loss as well as 13 sacks. Athletic, game-impacting defender who must be accounted for on every snap. Fluid and quick moving in every direction. Fast in pursuit and a natural pass rusher. Plays with excellent balance, body control, and pad level. Fires off the snap with a quick first step, immediately alters his angle of attack, and shows the ability dropping off the line of scrimmage to play in space. Physically dominates opponents. Can be an overwhelming force and disrupts the action. Bends off the edge, is rarely knocked off his feet, and covers a lot of ground. Runs over blocks or knocks back opposing linemen with violent hand punch. Creates opportunities for teammates as opponents consistently focus on him.
Negative: Marginal instincts and misreads plays. At times, too concerned about rushing up the field and lets ballcarriers slip by him. Does not seem to play with a sense of urgency. Off-the-field work habits have been questioned.
Analysis: Clowney is far and away the top prospect in this year's draft and one of the best defensive players in the process since Bruce Smith in 1985. He's a lineman who is dominant in all facets with the ability to play in a variety of schemes at the next level. Clowney comes with enormous upside but must learn to do the little things well and prepare himself off the field to reach his incredible potential on the field. Hands down the top player in the 2014 NFL Draft.

red
05-08-2014, 07:17 PM
who goes 2? mack or robinson?

Rastak
05-08-2014, 07:17 PM
i know they aren't letting the talking heads announce the picks before rodger does, but this is just stupid. if the pick is in, announce it

clowney it is

No fucking kidding. Who is this coverage geared toward?

pittstang5
05-08-2014, 07:18 PM
Don't know who I hate more, Kiper or Irvin...I think Irvin, but I'm gonna give NFL Network a try for a while

Rastak
Do the Rams deal rather than grab a OL?

red
FUCK, NFLN has deon

i might have to watch the big bang theory for a bit

Joemailman

Or Jake Matthews.

red
05-08-2014, 07:19 PM
No fucking kidding. Who is this coverage geared toward?

Goodell's ego

he's making everything about him. he is the most important guy tonight

Joemailman
Do the Rams deal rather than grab a OL?

I think they want to. They could trade down and still get a really good OT.

Rastak
FUCK, NFLN has deon

i might have to watch the big bang theory for a bit

LOL...

red
05-08-2014, 07:20 PM
Or Jake Matthews.

if the go OT it'll be robinson. he's being called a once in a generation LT

superfan
05-08-2014, 07:21 PM
Trying something new this year - not watching, just listening by streaming WTMJ they have Larrivee and a few others. So far I like it - more analysis with a Packer slant, less bullshit.

superfan
05-08-2014, 07:22 PM
WTMJ just said Robinson was picked.

red
rams have 50 guys in their war room, and none of them are doing a damn thing lol

Freak Out

You over at the Happy Gnome watching the draft?

Rastak
05-08-2014, 07:23 PM
You over at the Happy Gnome watching the draft?

Nope - but been there several times.

woodbuck27
05-08-2014, 07:24 PM

I think that if the RAMS use the pick they go OL...OT Greg Robinson

red
Trying something new this year - not watching, just listening by streaming WTMJ they have Larrivee and a few others. So far I like it - more analysis with a Packer slant, less bullshit.

that might be a pretty decent option

http://www.620wtmj.com/listen-live

Bretsky
The Rams are my second favorite team followed by Hoody Genius

My heart says Sammie Watkins...but my mind says Robinson

woodbuck27
05-08-2014, 07:25 PM

Cool...Thanks

Joemailman
05-08-2014, 07:26 PM
http://www.draftinsider.net/reports/2014/T/Greg-Robinson

Greg Robinson
School: Auburn
Position: T
Positive: Two-year starter at left tackle named to numerous all-America teams last season. Athletic tackle prospect with a developing game. Explosive at the point, powerful but also flexible and agile. Easily moves about the field, adjusts to defenders, and rides opponents from their angle of attack. Gets movement run blocking, effective on the second level and uses body positioning to seal opponents from the action. Correctly places his hands into defenders, plays with strength, and can be an overwhelming force. Moves his feet well in pass protection, displays excellent lateral blocking range, and easily gets off the edge. Has long arms, good hand punch, and plays with quickness.

Negative: Very rough around the edges, must improve his use of blocking angles, and show better wherewithal. Overextends and bends at the waist. Does not finish blocks.

Analysis: Robinson has been a force on Auburn's offensive line while showing a developing game the past two seasons. He's a good tackle prospect with potential for greatness but will need work before he's NFL ready. Robinson comes with tremendous upside but at the same time his game brings downside risk with it.

red
05-08-2014, 07:26 PM
now its time for things to get interesting, those first two were almost locks

Rastak
05-08-2014, 07:27 PM
I'd tell you how much time is left on the 3rd pick BUT THEY WONT FUCKING SHOW IT.

Rastak
05-08-2014, 07:28 PM
This coverage is really getting worse by the year.

red
05-08-2014, 07:28 PM
I'd tell you how much time is left on the 3rd pick BUT THEY WONT FUCKING SHOW IT.

NFLN was showing it. about 3 minutes left

Rastak
05-08-2014, 07:29 PM
Jags grab a QB? Sammy?

red
05-08-2014, 07:29 PM
This coverage is really getting worse by the year.

i've muted the TV and i'm listening to the radio feed

red
05-08-2014, 07:30 PM
Jags grab a QB? Sammy?

no QB worth taking and no QB to throw to watkins. unless they take watkins, then try and trade up later tonight to get a qb

that might be interesting

Joemailman
05-08-2014, 07:30 PM
This should be Khalil Mack.

Rastak
05-08-2014, 07:31 PM
Wish Mack would fall.

Rastak
HA - Bortles.....

red
ooooo

first surprise of the night

bortels to the jags

superfan
Bortles to jax

pittstang5
Wow, little surprised

esoxx
05-08-2014, 07:32 PM
NFC West only going to get more beastly with Rams having two of the first 13 picks and 49ers having about five of the top 100 picks. Should be a law.

Bretsky

NICE for GB; Bortles !!!

superfan

Listening to Larrivee is like getting together with family that you haven't seen for months. But better.

Joemailman
http://www.draftinsider.net/reports/2014/QB/Blake-Bortles

Blake Bortles
School: Central Florida
Position: QB
Positive: Two-year starter named American Athletic Conference Offensive Player of the Year in 2013. Poised, patient quarterback whose game is on the rise. True leader of the offense and always in control of the situation. Makes adjustments at the line of scrimmage, stays alert throughout the action, and always on the same page as his receivers. Buys as much time as necessary and takes the sack or throws the ball away rather than forcing the pass into covered receivers. Sets up screen passes, sells ball fakes, and takes many of his snaps from underneath center. Effectively reads defenses, stays with the action, and does not make mental mistakes. Relatively mobile and shows the ability to elude defenders or pick up big yardage with his legs. Easily gets outside the pocket, keeps his eyes down the field, and loses nothing throwing on the run. Spreads the ball around and uses all his targets. Goes to the safe underneath outlet if nothing is available downfield. Accurate, displays good pass placement in the short and intermediate field, and puts the ball were only his receiver can make catches. Possesses a strong arm, zips the outs, and drives the ball downfield. Throws with a powerful over-the-top delivery, displays a sense of timing, and does not have receivers waiting on the pass. Stands in the face of pressure to get the ball away, does not make adverse decisions under the rush and gets passes through the tight spots. Natural looking off the safety and goes through receiver progressions.

Negative: Occasionally struggles with his downfield accuracy and has receivers slowing up or adjusting to catch the errant pass.

Analysis: Bortles is a complete quarterback who played in a pro-style offense at Central Florida and for the most part, made good decisions under center. His draft stock has been on a straight path north, as Bortles is a terrific short-term prospect with a large degree of upside potential. He possesses the size, arm strength, and intelligence to play in a variety of NFL systems and should be a very productive at the next level for a long time to come.

Bretsky
05-08-2014, 07:33 PM
I'm surprised Cleveland is not RUNNING up for SAMMIE the WR

esoxx
05-08-2014, 07:34 PM
Project

superfan
Coming soon to theaters everywhere - the 2014 Jacksonville Jaguars, starring Blake Bortles as Blaine Gabbert.

Bretsky
BILLS TRADE UP

pittstang5
TRADE! Who do the Bills want...Watkins?

red
first trade

browns out, bills on the clock

red
05-08-2014, 07:35 PM
TRADE! Who do the Bills want...Watkins?

thats my guess

Rastak
Could be Watkins.......

Joemailman
Coming soon to theaters everywhere - the 2014 Jacksonville Jaguars, starring Blake Bortles as Blaine Gabbert.

Ouch!

Bretsky
05-08-2014, 07:36 PM
Oakland IS VERY HAPPY BORTLES WAS PICKED.........

esoxx
Watkins

red
browns move down to #9 get next years 1st and a 4th

its intersting that they would drop back behind minnie if they wanted a QB

Rastak
05-08-2014, 07:37 PM
That's quite a price......

SMBASS
I'm with red and Ras on this one. I love the draft but they've made this shit unwatchable for me. I'll just mess around doing other things and check back on the computer from time to time to see the results. I can't believe they're talking about pushing the draft back even further and changing it to 4 days. 4 days of this bullshit....no thanks. When in the hell are the rookies supposed to start getting ready for camp and the season? I can't stand these new timetables for all the shit that happens in the spring. F'n Goodell just keeps giving me more and more reasons to hate that SOB.

Bretsky
CLEVELAND GOT BILLS 1ST THIS YEAR 1ST NEXT YEAR AND ANOTHER PICK NEXT YEAR

esoxx
Mack has to be next, he's too good.

Joemailman
05-08-2014, 07:38 PM
http://www.draftinsider.net/reports/2014/WR/Sammy-Watkins

Sammy Watkins
School: Clemson
Position: WR
Positive: Three-year starter awarded all-America honors since his freshman season. Junior totals included 101 receptions, 1464 receiving yards, and 12 TDs. Game-breaking receiver with a complete game. Plays with excellent balance, body control, and always knows his position on the field. Quickly releases into pass routes and immediately gets to top speed. Consistently finds the open spot, extends his hands, and offers the quarterback a target. Nicely adjusts to errant throws and pulls the ball from the air. Effective running after the catch and works to pick up as much yardage as possible. Easily makes the over-the-shoulder reception running full speed. Fluid and natural in all his movements and looks the pass into his hands.

Negative: Must improve his route running and be more consistent into breaks. Did not play in a pro-style offense at Clemson.

Analysis: Watkins was a dynamic receiver since his freshman season at Clemson and projects as a number one receiver. He's a terrific talent with the skills to be an immediate contributor in the NFL.

Bretsky
This TMJ broadcast.....not sure this is enough for me..............RAIDERS................WOW........ ....get MACK.............

Rastak
I'm with red and Ras on this one. I love the draft but they've made this shit unwatchable for me. I'll just mess around doing other things and check back on the computer from time to time to see the results. I can't believe they're talking about pushing the draft back even further and changing it to 4 days. 4 days of this bullshit....no thanks. When in the hell are the rookies supposed to start getting ready for camp and the season? I can't stand these new timetables for all the shit that happens in the spring. F'n Goodell just keeps giving me more and more reasons to hate that SOB.

I'd be fine with 4 days IF THEY CONCENTRATED ON THE PICKS AS THEY HAPPEN, not all the bullshit.

red
05-08-2014, 07:39 PM
you know what,if i'm the browns i try and trade down again and pick up another 1st next year, or a second this year. get a QB in the middle of the round?

Rastak
05-08-2014, 07:40 PM
This TMJ broadcast.....not sure this is enough for me..............RAIDERS................WOW........ ....get MACK.............

Get a QB Raiders......

esoxx
05-08-2014, 07:40 PM
Browns actually making some shrewd moves.

In other news, hell has frozen over.

red
05-08-2014, 07:41 PM
at what point does jerrah start to panic and trade up to snag johnny football?

Rastak
05-08-2014, 07:42 PM
Browns actually making some shrewd moves.

In other news, hell has frozen over.

Al passed.....

oops, I meant the Raiders not being morons.

Rastak
at what point does jerrah start to panic and trade up to snag johnny football?

Trade up to 8!

Bretsky
Lots of Unhappy Raider fans with Reggie McKenzie.............this pick should help him

red
mack to the raiders

his career just ended

superfan
05-08-2014, 07:43 PM

The analysis is pedestrian but it's like comfort food. ;-)

Joemailman
http://www.draftinsider.net/reports/2014/OLB/Khalil-Mack

Khalil Mack
School: Buffalo
Position: OLB
Positive: Four-year starter who lined up at both defensive end and outside linebacker. Highly decorated throughout his college career. Registered 75 tackles for loss in four years. Explosive and athletic game-changing defensive player. Fluid, makes plays sideline to sideline, and easily gets outside the numbers in pursuit. Breaks down well, consistently uses his hands to protect himself, and stays with the action. Efficient, takes good angles to plays, and remains disciplined with assignments. Instinctive, reads and diagnoses the action and immediately alters his angle of attack to make the play. Fast off the edge as a pass rusher and a disruptive force. Active and tough defending the run. Slides off blocks to the inside, displays outstanding movement skills, and showed improved ability in space as a senior.

Negative: Has a thin build, struggles getting off blocks, and must improve his playing strength. Still rough around the edges in coverage.

Analysis: Mack was a consistent force at Buffalo and at the same time showed continued improvement in his game. He developed from a pass rushing terror into a complete player last season and offers potential in multiple defensive systems. He's a three-down defender with great upside and a prospect who could develop into a Pro Bowl player.

SavedByGrace
@red don't think Jerrah will...lots of surprises so far. Might be able to sit tight and still get him

red
Trade up to 8!

lol

i might actually be happy to see you guys get some extra 1st round picks as long as they come from the cowboys

Bretsky
05-08-2014, 07:44 PM
The analysis is pedestrian but it's like comfort food. ;-)

To me it is like seeing the relatives....you don't really care to see cause they are dam boring.

They are only interesting for a short amount of time. I'll need to wait til about pick 15 to try them again

Rastak
05-08-2014, 07:45 PM
Falcons.........

Bretsky
QUESTION FOR RASTAK..............HOW WOULD YOU FEEL ABOUT MANZEL TO THE VIKINGS ??????

Joemailman
Falcons up. This should be Jake Matthews.

red
05-08-2014, 07:46 PM
@red don't think Jerrah will...lots of surprises so far. Might be able to sit tight and still get him

3 of the next 4 picks could go QB

tampa (#7), vikings(#8), and the browns(#9)

it alldepends on what they do, and do they have johnny as the #2 QB or the #5?

superfan
05-08-2014, 07:46 PM
Scouts Inc analysis on Mack:

"Excellent versatility in the passing game (NFL comparison: Clay Matthews, Packers)..."

Huh.

red
05-08-2014, 07:47 PM
Falcons up. This should be Jake Matthews.

should be a lock. a lot of mocks have had him going to the ATL for a long time now

Rastak
05-08-2014, 07:47 PM
QUESTION FOR RASTAK..............HOW WOULD YOU FEEL ABOUT MANZEL TO THE VIKINGS ??????

Unhappy at first.....seems like more bust than boom but he could be something special......just not sold.

Rastak
05-08-2014, 07:48 PM
I actually like Bridgewater.....

digitaldean
05-08-2014, 07:49 PM
That's quite a price......

I agree. 1st rounder next year and 4th next year just to swap 5 spots?? WOW!

woodbuck27
Listening to Larrivee is like getting together with family that you haven't seen for months. But better.

:-)

SavedByGrace
Man, I really hope the Pack is able to get a shot at Calvin Pryor!

superfan
05-08-2014, 07:50 PM
WTMJ just said Cassell is no longer with Vikes - is that right?

red
05-08-2014, 07:50 PM
Man, I really hope the Pack is able to get a shot at Calvin Pryor!

don't say that

TT has never drafted the person that the posters in the draft thread have wanted

red
05-08-2014, 07:51 PM

yeah i think i remember thinking,"man, that was their best QB they just got rid of"

Joemailman
http://www.draftinsider.net/reports/2014/T/Jake-Matthews

Jake Matthews
School: Texas A&M
Position: T
Positive: Four-year starter who lined up at both left and right tackle. Awarded all-America honors since his junior season. Polished offensive line prospect effective in pass protection and as a run blocker. Keeps his feet moving throughout the action, makes great use of blocking angles, and shows the ability to easily slide off the edge. Bends his knees, stays square, and effectively works his hands throughout the play. Redirects to linebackers blocking in motion and removes them from the action. Solid run blocker, turns defenders from the play, or engulfs them altogether. Explosive at the point and plays intelligent football.

Negative: Doesn't show a killer instinct or nasty attitude. Lacks classic arm length for left tackle.

Analysis: Mathews was a consistent performer at Texas A&M, protecting the quarterback in a pocket that was constantly in motion. He comes with an NFL-ready game and limited downside risk.

woodbuck27

That pick helps the Packers cause.

NFL Teams picking before NO. 21 pick more QB's... please.

SavedByGrace
Truth. Then I really, REALLY hope he tries to get Manziel. I really want Manziel to be a Packer!

Bretsky
05-08-2014, 07:52 PM
LET'S PLAY A GAME.............I'll throw out a few players.............and you reply whether they get drafted in round 1 or 2 ???

Teddy Bridgewater
Kelvin Benjamin
Jimmy Ward
Marqise Lee
Louis Nix
Stephon Tuitt
Reshed Hagemann

MAKE YOUR PREDICTIONS

red
05-08-2014, 07:52 PM
yeah i think i remember thinking,"man, that was their best QB they just got rid of"

nope,i was wrong, he signed a new two year deal in march

woodbuck27
05-08-2014, 07:53 PM
Reggie McKenzie is having a solid Off Season in terms of "the now".

It better work out there or see yaa Reggie. Your looking for work outside of Oakland.

red
05-08-2014, 07:54 PM
LET'S PLAY A GAME.............I'll throw out a few players.............and you reply whether they get drafted in round 1 or 2 ???MAKE YOUR PREDICTIONS

Teddy Bridgewater- 1
Kelvin Benjamin- 3
Jimmy Ward- 1
Marqise Lee - 2
Louis Nix - 2
Stephon Tuitt- 2
Reshed Hagemann- 1

Rastak

If it just happened then yes, otherwise you might want to switch stations.....

Joemailman
Tampa Bay up. Were some rumors of Manziel here. I think Aaron Donald.

RashanGary
Happy draft day fellow football fans. Just saw my son play at his band concert. It was really cool :) And now, da draft!! Good day!

red
05-08-2014, 07:55 PM
now we're gonna see if the QB's get taken, or if they all take a big slide

Rastak
Tampa Bay up. Were some rumors of Manziel here. I think Aaron Donald.

I like Donald to the purple.......

Rastak
Happy draft day fellow football fans. Just saw my son play at his band concert. It was really cool :) And now, da draft!! Good day!

Drummer or lead guitar?

superfan
05-08-2014, 07:56 PM
If it just happened then yes, otherwise you might want to switch stations.....

Yeah, not exactly brilliant analysis. Pretty sure they were just wrong.

red
wtmj just said mike evans to tampa

pittstang5

I don't lol

RashanGary
Teddy Bridgewater 2
Kelvin Benjamin 3
Jimmy Ward 2
Marqise Lee 1
Louis Nix 1
Stephon Tuitt 1
Reshed Hagemann 2

MAKE YOUR PREDICTIONS[/QUOTE]

Bretsky
Keep the Offensive Players coming !! Want to see plenty of WR's come off the board and maybe even a few more OT's !!!!

SavedByGrace
Manziel to the Bucs?

Joemailman
Teddy Bridgewater- 1
Kelvin Benjamin- 3
Jimmy Ward- 1
Marqise Lee - 2
Louis Nix - 2
Stephon Tuitt- 2
Reshed Hagemann- 1

Bridgewater - 1
Benjaamin - 2
Ward - 2
Lee - 2
Nix - 1
Tuitt - 2
Hageman - 2

red
queens up. still like donald ras?

RashanGary
05-08-2014, 07:57 PM
Drummer or lead guitar?

Clarinet :)

Rastak
05-08-2014, 07:58 PM
queens up. still like donald ras?

Yea, even though they drafted a 3t DT last year.

DL in a 4-3 means everything.

Rastak
05-08-2014, 07:58 PM
Clarinet :)

Could be the next Bennie Goodman - nothing wrong with that.

RashanGary
05-08-2014, 07:59 PM

Very solid, safe pick. He'll be good

Rastak
05-08-2014, 08:00 PM
Vikes traded down by 1......lol....good ole spielman.

Joemailman
http://www.draftinsider.net/reports/2014/WR/Mike-Evans

Mike Evans
School: Texas A&M
Position: WR
Positive: Two-year starter awarded all-conference honors since his freshman season. Sophomore totals included 65 receptions, 1322 yards, and 12 TDs. Freshmen numbers included 82 receptions, 1105 yards, and 5 TDs. Lead Texas A&M in receiving the past two years. Big, game-controlling wide out with massive upside. Comes back to the ball out of breaks, extends his hands offering the quarterback a target, and consistently makes catches away from his frame. Easily makes the reception in stride, fights to separate from defenders, and displays good focus as well as concentration. Makes the over-the-shoulder reception or gets up in a crowd and competes to come away with the ball. Physically beats down opponents and plays like a big-bodied receiver. Tough to tackle after catches. Effective blocking downfield.

Negative: Displays average quickness and speed. Loping runner. Lacks a burst and a second gear. Does a lot of complaining and finger-pointing. Was not asked to run discipline routes at Texas A&M and at times fought for jump balls more than anything else.

Analysis: Evans is a terrific receiver prospect with outstanding size and consistent hands. More of a possession wide out, he was a dominant performer in college and will do well at the next level as a red-zone target and intermediate pass catcher.

red
Keep the Offensive Players coming !! Want to see plenty of WR's come off the board and maybe even a few more OT's !!!!

absolutely

we're starting enter that area where our safeties could go. watch for the lions, giants, rams, bears, cowboys, ravens, and jets as teams looking for safeties

Rastak
Browns looking QB?

RashanGary
Id always prefer an elite big guy in the top 10

red
05-08-2014, 08:01 PM

browns going after their QB?

red
05-08-2014, 08:02 PM
Yea, even though they drafted a 3t DT last year.

DL in a 4-3 means everything.

yeah and your line has taken some big hits this offseason

Rastak
Would be nice to see the trade details.....

woodbuck27
LET'S PLAY A GAME.............I'll throw out a few players.............and you reply whether they get drafted in round 1 or 2 ???

Teddy Bridgewater
Kelvin Benjamin
Jimmy Ward
Marqise Lee
Louis Nix
Stephon Tuitt
Reshed Hagemann

MAKE YOUR PREDICTIONS

Teddy Bridgewater - Rd. 1
Kelvin Benjamin - Rd. 2
Jimmy Ward - Rd. 2
Marqise Lee - Rd. 1
Louis Nix - Rd. 1
Stephon Tuitt - Rd. 2
Reshed Hagemann - Rd. 2

red
05-08-2014, 08:03 PM
johnny football?

SavedByGrace
ESPN seems to be a lot quicker on the draw than NFL Network as far as trade details go

Rastak
yeah and your line has taken some big hits this offseason

Not really, Allen was falling off, Williams getting old....signed Linval Joseph and Griffin gets a full time gig.

red
Would be nice to see the trade details.....

ouch

you just got a 5th round pick, and #9

but chances are pretty good that you didn't want the guy the browns are gonna take, so nothing lost, but not much gained either

Rastak
05-08-2014, 08:04 PM
to move down one, Browns got smarter.....

pittstang5
ha ha ha

Rastak
Browns grab Gilbert....

SavedByGrace
Like that pick! Browns doing some serious work!

superfan
05-08-2014, 08:05 PM
wow - gilbert?

red
WOW

there's a bit of a shocker

woodbuck27

You fellas have to go QB and I hope it's NOT Manziel......

Joemailman
http://www.draftinsider.net/reports/2014/CB/Justin-Gilbert

Justin Gilbert
School: Oklahoma State
Position: CB
Positive: Three-year starter named to numerous all-America teams as a senior after totals of 42 tackles, 7 INTs, and 7 PBUs. Also averaged 25.2 yards on 18 kick returns with one score. Junior numbers included 63 tackles and 9 pass breakups. Shutdown cornerback who also impacts the game as a dynamic returner. Plays with an aggressive style, has a physical nature, and works hard to defend screen passes or running plays. Defeats blocks, displays a burst to the ball, and a solid open field tackler. Possesses closing and recovery speed, good hands for interceptions, and is very athletic. Plays with recognition, gets his head back around in man coverage, and locates the pass in the air. Reads the quarterbacks eyes, displays an outstanding move to the ball, and fluid in all his actions. Effective backed off the line of scrimmage and can also play in man coverage.

Negative: Not smooth or quick moving in reverse. Falls asleep on occasion.

Analysis: Gilbert is a terrific athlete who has been a game changing return specialist since his freshman year and slowly develop into one of the nation's top cornerbacks. He offers the ability to start at the next level predominantly backed off the line of scrimmage or in zone coverage. If focused on the task at hand, Gilbert should have a long and productive career in the NFL.

Rastak
05-08-2014, 08:06 PM
You fellas have to go QB and I hope it's NOT Manziel......

I bet they don't go QB here.

esoxx
05-08-2014, 08:07 PM
Browns with bookend CB's now. Not bad.

Joemailman

Aaron Donald?

SavedByGrace
Johnny Football will stay on the board for a few more picks

Rastak
05-08-2014, 08:08 PM
Aaron Donald?

Yea, or Dennard.

red

no QB worth taking here, but i also thought that when they took ponder, so what do i know

Rastak
Pick is in.

Joemailman
05-08-2014, 08:09 PM
Mayock thinks Barr or Dennard.

Rastak
no QB worth taking here, but i also thought that when they took ponder, so what do i know

'They fucked up and know it too.

superfan
anthony barr

red
05-08-2014, 08:10 PM
shit anthony barr to the queens per wtmj

woodbuck27
05-08-2014, 08:11 PM
wow - gilbert?

That pick surprized me. It didn't match their needs but his grade is a solid 6.38 by NFL.Com.

So he was a BPA pick I assume.

red
does he play DE in the 4-3 or does he stay at LB?

Rastak
Fucking Lions already picked and here we sit.

Rastak
05-08-2014, 08:12 PM
Barr it is........they friggen needed LBs......

pittstang5
WTF, just announcing Vikings, Detriot pick is in and TEN on the clock. hurry the hell up Goodell.

SavedByGrace
The ESPN crew on that pick simultaneously: "Whoa." Haha Vikings

RashanGary
Fuck!!! i love Anthony Barr.

Bretsky
DAM...I really think Anthony Barr is the real deal.........the Vikes gotem

Joemailman
http://www.draftinsider.net/reports/2014/OLB/Anthony-Barr

Anthony Barr
School: UCLA
Position: OLB
Positive: Two-time all-American at linebacker after starting his UCLA career as a fullback. Senior totals included 65 tackles, 20 tackles for loss, and 10 sacks. Junior numbers included 21.5 tackles for loss and 13.5 sacks. Started seven games at fullback as a sophomore. Game-impacting linebacker who's displayed tremendous development the past two seasons. Agile athlete who plays with great balance and body control. Easily redirects to the action, breaks down well, and effectively uses his hands to protect himself. Forceful up the field, fast off the edge, and displays tremendous pass rushing skill. Has an explosive closing burst, easily changes direction, and also plays smart football. Takes proper angles to the action and rarely gets knocked off his feet. Remains disciplined with coverage assignments, shows ability in pursuit, and plays to his athletic numbers.

Negative: Struggled with a groin injury last season. Still developing his instincts and gets confused by ball fakes. Disappeared at times last season. Stymied at the point by a single blocker.

Analysis: Barr is a forceful linebacker with a developing game and a prospect with huge upside. To this point Barr is better in the box or up the field and needs to improve his play in coverage. He also must consistently play with a sense of urgency. Best on the outside of a 3-4 alignment, Barr is a disruptive defender with starting potential if he applies himself, continues to improve and consistently play at a high level

red
lions on the board
no safety, no safety,no safety

Rastak
05-08-2014, 08:13 PM
I just didn't think they'd grab Barr that high, but if they think he's the real deal then why not.

Joemailman
lions on the board
no safety, no safety,no safety

Ha-Ha or Dennard?

Bretsky
Lions need S help

RashanGary
DAM...I really think Anthony Barr is the real deal.........the Vikes gotem

Me too STUD

red
barry= the best

Rastak
05-08-2014, 08:14 PM
It's a Barry Sanders commercial....

RashanGary
Barr is a great pass rusher!!

SavedByGrace
Really? They lost all hope in Pettigrew, I guess

digitaldean
Lions pick Ebron..

red
oh fuck

ebron to the lions

wist43
Lions take Ebron

Rastak
Lions like them offensive weapons......

Bretsky
DAM......I was thinking Dix or Ebron here....great pick by the Lions

Joemailman
05-08-2014, 08:15 PM
Didn't see that coming.

pittstang5
Oh shit, didn't see that. Great, now we get to see Ebron wide open in the middle of the field.

red
Me too STUD

keep it in your pants there fruitcake

SavedByGrace
I have not seen so many guys cry after they get picked

pbmax

RAS!

And no, not til later anyway.

red
Oh shit, didn't see that. Great, now we get to see Ebron wide open in the middle of the field.

you people still don't think we HAVE to draft an ILB or safety in the first?

woodbuck27
05-08-2014, 08:16 PM
shit anthony barr to the queens per wtmj

Mayock had him going @ Pick 20 to Arizona.

I'm surprized that the Vikings went to him.

Joemailman
05-08-2014, 08:16 PM
http://www.draftinsider.net/reports/2014/TE/Eric-Ebron

Eric Ebron
School: North Carolina
Position: TE
Positive: Two-year starter who led North Carolina with 62 receptions and 973 receiving yards last season, also adding 3 TDs. Sophomore totals included 40 receptions for 625 yards. Explosive playmaking tight end who consistently creates mismatches down the field. Quickly releases off the line, immediately gets to top speed, and natural catching the ball. Quick into breaks and stays low on exit. Uses his hands to separate from defenders, consistently makes catches away from his frame, and easily adjusts to errant throws. Nicely makes the reception in stride running full speed and shows both soft and strong hands. Plays with an aggressive attitude and fights to get up in a crowd and come away with the ball. Gives effort as a blocker.

Negative: Loses his focus and concentration on occasion. Tends to mouth off to opponents. Stamped as a high-maintenance personality. Average results as a blocker.

Analysis: Ebron is a playmaking receiver at the tight end position and a fine athlete with upside. He's displayed consistent improvement and, if focused on football and willing to do the little things, Ebron will have an impact at the next level.

woodbuck27
05-08-2014, 08:17 PM
I have not seen so many guys cry after they get picked

That's why so many have Mum along.

Purse = kleenix

Bretsky
MYRAMS could take Johnie Football !! Rams or Cowobyz would be interesting

RashanGary

Gotta beat dem Packers

superfan
05-08-2014, 08:18 PM
Matthew Stafford rising up my preseason QB draft board. Throwing to Calvin Johnson, Golden Tate, Ebron, Pettigrew, Reggie Bush.

Cheesehead Craig
Checked out a Vikes board and they hate, hate the pick.

red

my go-to site, draft ace, nailed it

had him going 8 to the queens in their final mock

Rastak

I was OK with the pick but was hoping they could drop back a bit more and grab him......oh well, at least they sort of got a free 5th.

esoxx
05-08-2014, 08:19 PM
you people still don't think we HAVE to draft an ILB or safety in the first?

I want Mosely

Bretsky
Teddy Bridgewater 1
Kelvin Benjamin2
Jimmy Ward 2
Marqise Lee 1
Louis Nix 2
Stephon Tuitt 1
Reshed Hagemann 1

MAKE YOUR PREDICTIONS[/QUOTE]

pittstang5
Matthew Stafford rising up my preseason QB draft board. Throwing to Calvin Johnson, Golden Tate, Ebron, Pettigrew, Reggie Bush.

Lions new Motto: fuck defense, we'll just score 50 points a game.

Rastak

Board is filled with morons....as are most. Why do you think I'm here?

Joemailman
05-08-2014, 08:20 PM
Tennessee up. They need OT and CB.

red
05-08-2014, 08:20 PM
titans could go QB here

superfan
05-08-2014, 08:21 PM

Always good entertainment to get the negative reaction of your rivals. I think that's why Rastak keeps coming back every year, since we never like TT's picks.