PDA

View Full Version : Woodson looks awful

MuttnJeff
08-28-2006, 08:48 PM
'nuff said.

PTPaQ
08-28-2006, 08:56 PM
I wouldnt say awful, def not good though...Al Harris on the other hand just continues to impress me.

FavreChild
08-28-2006, 09:01 PM
Yes, I might use another adjective for Woodson, but my little Bungles friend is just plain mocking me right now, which is causing me to continue indulging in a little liquid treat....

And thus, I am getting a little too mellow to say such mean things about #21.

MadtownPacker
08-28-2006, 09:19 PM
Why the hell did TT pick up raider garbage? The garbage is suppose to go to them!

Just put Carroll in dammit.

chewy-bacca
08-28-2006, 09:28 PM
looked like he didnt give a fu#k out there. at all. I thought he "had something to prove"?

chewy-bacca
08-28-2006, 09:29 PM
Yes, I might use another adjective for Woodson, but my little Bungles friend is just plain mocking me right now, which is causing me to continue indulging in a little liquid treat....

And thus, I am getting a little too mellow to say such mean things about #21.

rule #1 for Packers fans, never watch the game with the enemy.

FavreChild
08-28-2006, 09:37 PM
No, see....he's not *really* the enemy....is he? I mean, only for tonight...?

:cry:

Yup, I'm in denial.

chewy-bacca
08-28-2006, 09:40 PM
he is the enemy when we meet on the grid-iron. other than that, its all good. I know I would not be able to take it tonight, thats for sure.

FavreChild
08-28-2006, 09:41 PM
What does not kill you, only.....BLAH, BLAH, BLAH.....

FavreChild
08-28-2006, 09:44 PM
LOL, he thinks he's going to convert me....

Get a clue, Bungles bum. :mrgreen:

b bulldog
08-28-2006, 09:58 PM
I am by no way sticking up for Woodson but who hasn't looked like crap.

RIPackerFan
08-28-2006, 10:10 PM
I don't know - there were several third and long, created by a stiff run D - that they converted (probably 4 - 5 of them against Woodson).

This may be blasphemy - but I almost prefer Carroll after this game.

retailguy
08-28-2006, 10:18 PM
I am by no way sticking up for Woodson but who hasn't looked like crap.

jenkins looked pretty good. thats about it.

b bulldog
08-28-2006, 10:18 PM
The only player that showed up tonight was Harris.

FritzDontBlitz
08-28-2006, 10:19 PM
the no-huddle had the defense sucking air bigtime. woodson looked like he didn't care. manual looked rusty. cullen jenkins was on fire for a bit: pressures, tackles behind the line, chasing down a screen.

RIPackerFan
08-28-2006, 10:21 PM
Woodson personally caused 3 TDs to be scored - either by poor tackling which caused a first down or just giving up on the TD.

He made the rest of the team look bad - Harris looked tough - and once again, the run D was solid until we started to compensate for Woodson.

FritzDontBlitz
08-28-2006, 10:21 PM
The only player that showed up tonight was Harris.

yes, harris always shows good technique.

by the way. did anyone notice how much the packers were slipping and sliding on the turf? i dont remember cincy losing their footing as much....

woodbuck27
08-28-2006, 10:22 PM
looked like he didnt give a fu#k out there. at all. I thought he "had something to prove"?

Raiders fans were not impressed with Sir Charles.

Yak Yak Yak...

Wondering if he and Fergy have met for coffee? ALOT !!

b bulldog
08-28-2006, 10:25 PM
Hated the signing when it occurred and I still hate it today. He is a good S playing DB.

FritzDontBlitz
08-28-2006, 10:26 PM
i forgot to mention how invisible the linebackers were tonight.

b bulldog
08-28-2006, 10:27 PM
They made some nice tackles 5-8 yards down the field. They also looked good getting totally engulfed by the Bengals Oline.

FavreChild
08-28-2006, 10:28 PM
i forgot to mention how invisible the linebackers were tonight.

No...you didn't forget....

You just tried to block it out temporarily.

But then again, I don't remember any nice LB plays, either.

]{ilr]3
08-28-2006, 10:52 PM
I thought the biggest fuckups tonight were Nick Barrnett and Will Blackmon. There complete ignorance of what was going on around them were the biggest problems with the game tonight.

I thought the O-line did OK. I hope they are getting the zone blocking down better yet. We really need to get the running game rolling!

MJZiggy
08-28-2006, 11:03 PM
I did notice that late into the 2nd and in the 3rd Qtr, Favre did seem to have a good amount of time to hang out back there and look for someone to deliver to.

Hawk made a couple of nice tackles, though.

woodbuck27
08-28-2006, 11:09 PM
"I thought the biggest fuckups tonight were Nick Barrnett and Will Blackmon." ]{ilr]3

Will Blackmon is injured (foot). NOT playing.

If he was in that game I'm very surprized. He was not due back till maybe sometime in October. :mrgreen:

packers11
08-28-2006, 11:10 PM
"I thought the biggest fuckups tonight were Nick Barrnett and Will Blackmon." ]{ilr]3

Will Blacmon is injured. NOT playing.

LOL..... I was just about to point that out....

]{ilr]3
08-29-2006, 06:26 AM

If he was in that game I'm very surprized. He was not due back till maybe sometime in October. :mrgreen:

It must have been Mike Hawkins (37) I saw and not Blockmon (27)

I assumed it was Blackmon in that late in the 4th quarter who completely blew by there rookie WR allowing him a 30 yard untouched TD.

Tackling was horrible last night. Reminded me of 2 years ago.

Rastak
08-29-2006, 06:33 AM
{ilr]3]

It must have been Mike Hawkins (37) I saw and not Blockmon (27)

I assumed it was Blackmon in that late in the 4th quarter who completely blew by there rookie WR allowing him a 30 yard untouched TD.

Tackling was horrible last night. Reminded me of 2 years ago.

Blackmon's got a broken foot...he may end up on IR. Yea, tackling was pretty bad...I know Woodson missed one that cost a TD.

Zool
08-29-2006, 08:11 AM
Hawkins was in during the 1st quarter and actually had good coverage on 2 attempts his way. It might have been Boger who got burned long on that play.

theeaterofshades
08-29-2006, 09:08 AM
I understand guys will make mistakes, but when they don't even try to correct them... Woodson saw he made a mistake but just stood there and did not try to make a play. Combine this with his no show for OTAs and I have a picture of a spoiled guy who was handed everything due to talent, but never had to become mentaly tough through working hard to overcome lesser ability. Look at Kampman or Taucher...Not the most gifted athletes, but they have to work hard in order to earn their places, so they know what it takes to win. The big question is, will woodson ever learn this?

Green Bud Packer
08-29-2006, 09:20 AM
if woodson plays this poorly on opening day i'll be surprised. some guys don't bring their "A" game to practice games. he knows he's made the team, he knows he's coming off a broken leg,and i think he knows he can step it up come bear week.

esoxx
08-29-2006, 09:21 AM
Woodson looked uninterested last night. He had complained earlier this week that his legs were "dead" after a long practice in a humid Hutson Center. Me thinks he could have been sending a vailed message to the rookie head coach that you can't burn us out in practice and then expect us to perform in the games. Woodson strikes me as someone who thinks he's earned his respect by past performance and thus doesn't need to attend OTA's, doesn't like long practices AND seems generally uninterested in pre-season games. Hopefully when the real games start he can start playing like a real player. We'll see.

cpk1994
08-29-2006, 01:21 PM
if woodson plays this poorly on opening day i'll be surprised. some guys don't bring their "A" game to practice games. he knows he's made the team, he knows he's coming off a broken leg,and i think he knows he can step it up come bear week.

I agree. Woodson has always struck me a one of those veterans who don't give a damn about preseason. If he plays like last night in the regular season then I will get after him.