PDA

View Full Version : Official Davente Adams Thread

Brandon494
05-09-2014, 11:33 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uvGeiqmqWE0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tkpN1xiQhAg

http://www.detroitlionsdraft.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/Davante_Adams_bio.jpg

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2014/profiles/davante-adams?id=2543495

Draft Analysis:

"This pick makes a lot of sense. The Packers lost James Jones in free agency to Oakland. They still have Jordy Nelson and Randall Cobb. He's a big, physical wide receiver. He's going to have to learn how to run some different kind of routes in Green Bay. If I'm that young man, I'm going to attach myself at the hip to Aaron Rodgers." -- Mike Mayock

Overview

Also starred in basketball as a California prep. Redshirted in 2011, earning offensive scout team player of the year recognition. Was Mountain West Conference Freshman of the Year in '12 when he amassed 102 receptions for 1,312 yards (12.9-yard average) and 14 touchdowns in 13 starts, setting conference freshman records for catches and yards. Led the nation in receptions and receiving touchdowns and set a single-season school record for receiving yards in '13 when he started 12-of-13 contests and piled up 131-1,718-24 (13.1). Owns MWC records for single-season and career touchdown catches (38) as well as the school mark for career receptions (233).

Analysis

Strengths
Has a rangy build with good body length and secure hands to palm the ball and make difficult one-handed grabs. Tracks and adjusts to the ball very well downfield. Extends outside his frame and plucks the ball out of the air. Natural hands-catcher. Terrific athlete with good leaping ability and anticipation to properly time jumps and highpoint the ball. Wins jumpballs in the red zone and shows very good hand-eye coordination to take the ball away from defenders. Exceptional production. Has a 39 1/2-inch vertical jump.

Weaknesses
Lacks ideal functional playing strength to consistently beat the jam and can get hung up at the line. Long strider and is not sudden out of his breaks. Production was inflated from a quick-hitting, lateral passing game.

Bottom Line
A rangy, sure-handed possession receiver with starter-caliber, positional traits. Lacks top-end speed and strength. As a 21-year-old, third-year sophomore entering the draft early, is still growing into his body and developing core strength. Comparing favorably to a poor man's Michael Crabtree, Adams possesses very intriguing upside to be groomed.

woodbuck27
05-09-2014, 11:39 PM
I'm wondering what Aaron Rodgers thinks about this pick.

mraynrand
05-10-2014, 06:57 AM
daventi is dagrande

wist43
05-10-2014, 07:37 AM
Their passing game made it very tough to get a read on him... I had him below the other receivers that went around in that same area - and Moncrief who went to the Colts in the 3rd.

His production was grossly inflated b/c of their passing game, and a lot of the tape on him you could see he didn't get any seperation from the DB. He usually made the catch, but the DB was too often right there with him. He seemed like a one-gear runner with average speed that had a hard time getting seperation.

On the upside, he had great production, good hands, and decent size. We'll see.

Bretsky
05-10-2014, 07:55 AM
Love the pick...would have loved Allen Robinson more but still loved the pick. I was kind of hoping Allen Robinson got drafted by a team with a stellar passing game so we could easily compare them.
But he went to Jacksonville.....where player careers die

Joemailman
05-10-2014, 08:08 AM
Adams probably won't step right in and play the way Jennings and Jones did. As Wist alluded to, he has a lot to learn about route running. There's a lot to work with here though.

Carolina_Packer
05-10-2014, 08:21 AM
I'm wondering what Aaron Rodgers thinks about this pick.

Aaron said "Love it" on Twitter in reaction to the Adams pick.

Nice post pick interview with Adams, where he references calling/texting Rodgers: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5YDwwy2mkas#t=104

denverYooper
05-10-2014, 09:04 AM
Aaron Rodgers speaks in html.

RashanGary
05-10-2014, 09:22 AM
Wist, keep in mind, he was "the man" at Fresno state. He saw bracket coverages and top defenders. Any time you're looking at the star WR on a college team who amasses 240 catches in 2 college seasons, you're looking at a guy who's catching the ball when everyone on both teams know he's going to be getting it. I would change the way you rate college WRs because I think there is flaw in your analysis. Good train of thought, makes sense, but flawed IMO none the less.

Carolina_Packer
05-10-2014, 09:27 AM
Aaron Rodgers speaks in html.

Yeah, linking code ain't my thing! :-)

Carolina_Packer
05-10-2014, 09:33 AM
Wist, keep in mind, he was "the man" at Fresno state. He saw bracket coverages and top defenders. Any time you're looking at the star WR on a college team who amasses 240 catches in 2 college seasons, you're looking at a guy who's catching the ball when everyone on both teams know he's going to be getting it. I would change the way you rate college WRs because I think there is flaw in your analysis. Good train of thought, makes sense, but flawed IMO none the less.

Plus, it's always easy to second guess, and say that guys likee Donte Moncreif, Allen Robinson, Jarvis Landry would have been better, but who knows for sure. The Packers decision makers have their board, they have their grades and know who all these guys are, and still selected Adams. What does that tell you? They watched different Youtube videos than then nay sayers?

KYPack
05-10-2014, 09:34 AM
We need a comment on Adams from our correspondent in Fresno, MTP.

pbmax
05-10-2014, 09:52 AM

He checked in Friday night: http://packerrats.com/showthread.php?26825-Official-Day-2-(Round-2-amp-3)-Of-The-NFL-Draft-Thread&p=785120&viewfull=1#post785120

Fuck yeah TT finally listened when I posted to get a Fresno St player!!!!

You can't get analysis like from anywhere other than PackerRats and maybe a bar argument.

PaCkFan_n_MD
05-10-2014, 09:56 AM
I was not a big fan of him entering the draft so I hope he changes my mind. I didn't think he was great at route running or getting enough separation. Looks like he has great hands and ball location though.

Tony Oday
05-10-2014, 10:16 AM
He has AR so Calm Down and watch a superstar be born.

bobblehead
05-10-2014, 02:34 PM
I said it in the HaHa thread. This looks like Anquan Boldin, but more athletic. Hope it pans out that way. I still remember Boldin in the playoffs 2 years ago against the Patriots. Went up in the back of the endzone to grab the ball. 2 DB's HAMMER him. He comes down STANDING OVER THEM BOTH with the ball. He looks down and visibly laughs...then flexes.

bobblehead
05-10-2014, 02:38 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nfAI6OUxXeA

At about the 50 second mark...they cut off the end though.

Brandon494
05-10-2014, 04:32 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5YDwwy2mkas#t=21

run pMc
05-10-2014, 07:11 PM
His numbers were inflated by the offense, but his highlights show good hands and catching contested passes or passes in traffic. He's competitive and shows some run after the catch. He wouldn't have had that kind of production if he wasn't any good. 24 TDs in a season! Playing in an up-tempo will help him if/when McCarthy wants to play that way.

As for the routes, GB QBs threw their share of quick hitches and bubble screens with Jones, so I think they'll start there with Adams.

The nice thing is they can bring him along slowly -- it's not like when they drafted Jennings and there wasn't as much at the WR spot.
Also, he's going to have to compete like crazy to get snaps. They'll put him as #4 but Myles White, Chris Harper, Kevin Dorsey, Abbrederis, and Janis are all going to push him for that spot, and someone will push Boykin for #3.

Brandon494
05-10-2014, 07:23 PM
Boykin and Adams will share the #3 spot and I think Abbrederis locks up the #5 spot. The rest of the guys are PS material. I think Janis is going to need a year on the PS especially coming from a smaller school.

wist43
05-10-2014, 07:31 PM
I had him at the bottom of that 2nd round glut of WR's... I had Moncrief, Latimer, Robinson, and Matthews all ahead of him - for various reasons.

I still see him as worthy of a 2nd round pick - I just see the negatives that all the write-ups talk about, whereas most of you guys only see the positives. I see the positives too... good hands, insane production, good size; but I discount the production b/c of their system - and the negatives a legimate concerns. If they weren't, he would have been the first WR off the board based on his production alone.

MadtownPacker
05-10-2014, 07:35 PM
Very excited with this pick, only Carr would have been more interesting but Adams is the instant gratification pick. He will show what he has very soon. Fuck you Joemailman, he will make up for Culver.

Brandon494
05-10-2014, 07:36 PM
Hes Michael Crabtree 2.0 without the diva attitude.

MadtownPacker
05-10-2014, 07:39 PM
I had him at the bottom of that 2nd round glut of WR's... I had Moncrief, Latimer, Robinson, and Matthews all ahead of him - for various reasons.

I still see him as worthy of a 2nd round pick - I just see the negatives that all the write-ups talk about, whereas most of you guys only see the positives. I see the positives too... good hands, insane production, good size; but I discount the production b/c of their system - and the negatives a legimate concerns. If they weren't, he would have been the first WR off the board based on his production alone.Bitch he can make catches while covered which is what he has to do in the NFL since hardly anyone just dust the DB on a regular basis. I wouldn't be surprise if he has a shit load of TDs in the redzome since no one else likes to grab then there. He will have your cracka ass cheering and saying you knew it along. Fucker!

Brandon494
05-10-2014, 07:43 PM
Yup his basketball background is going to make him a beast in the red zone. I liked him over all the WRs except maybe Matthews.

MadtownPacker
05-10-2014, 08:47 PM
Racista mandingo you just like him cuz he Black!!!

pbmax
05-10-2014, 09:14 PM

He reminds me of Dave Logan.

denverYooper
05-10-2014, 09:39 PM
He reminds me of Dave Logan.

Voice of the Broncos.

pbmax
05-10-2014, 10:30 PM
Voice of the Broncos.

Seriously?! And Duane Kiper is the voice of the San Francisco Giants. Weird.

smuggler
05-11-2014, 01:52 AM
He seems smart from that interview. Probably smarter than Jennings was and definitely smarter than Jordy.

Brandon494
05-11-2014, 03:20 AM

Chilllll....I like his latino girlfriend though.

denverYooper
05-11-2014, 08:23 AM
Seriously?! And Duane Kiper is the voice of the San Francisco Giants. Weird.

He does the PBP and Ed McCaffrey does color on 850 KOA here. He's also considered one of the best high school coaches in the state.

woodbuck27
05-11-2014, 08:33 AM
Aaron said "Love it" on Twitter in reaction to the Adams pick.

Nice post pick interview with Adams, where he references calling/texting Rodgers: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5YDwwy2mkas#t=104

Cool post...Thanks.

woodbuck27
05-11-2014, 08:35 AM
He seems smart from that interview. Probably smarter than Jennings was and definitely smarter than Jordy.

Jordy see's "red' really well.

Reacts even better to it.

Brandon494
05-13-2014, 01:03 PM
I'll go on the record and say when its all said and done this kid will be the gem of this draft class. The more video I watch on this kid then more I see our future #1 WR. He also declared early being third-year sophomore, kid is still only 21 years old. He could have been a 1st round draft pick if he stayed another year but still ended up going in the 2nd in a very deep WR class.

RashanGary
05-13-2014, 01:08 PM
I'll go on the record and say when its all said and done this kid will be the gem of this draft class. The more video I watch on this kid then more I see our future #1 WR. He also declared early being third-year sophomore, kid is still only 21 years old. He could have been a 1st round draft pick if he stayed another year but still ended up going in the 2nd in a very deep WR class.

He's not as tall, but his strength, savvy and elite ball skills remind me of Larry Fitzgerald. Agree that he looks like a star.

call_me_ishmael
05-13-2014, 04:14 PM
He's not as tall, but his strength, savvy and elite ball skills remind me of Larry Fitzgerald. Agree that he looks like a star.

See, I don't see that at all. I see way more of Q Boldin. This guy seems to always catch the ball blanketed and use his strength to snag the ball away.

Brandon494
05-13-2014, 04:44 PM
I still see Michael Crabtree in his game without the diva attitude. They have almost the exact same built both being 6'1, weighing 212-214, 9" hands, and run a 4.5 40.

HarveyWallbangers
05-13-2014, 04:56 PM
Crabtree is the compare I have for him.

bobblehead
05-13-2014, 07:20 PM

He's black?? Aw shit, there goes the team.

bobblehead
05-13-2014, 07:21 PM
Chilllll....I like his latino girlfriend though.

And an interracial relationship? WTF is this country coming to.

Brandon494
05-13-2014, 07:59 PM
And an interracial relationship? WTF is this country coming to.

http://www.nowtheendbegins.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/michael-sam-first-openly-gay-nfl-football-player-kissing-his-husband-boyfriend-queer-rams.jpg

mraynrand
05-13-2014, 09:00 PM
^^^^kish me baby

mraynrand
05-13-2014, 09:00 PM
He's black?? Aw shit, there goes the team.

shtop it

TravisWilliams23
05-13-2014, 09:19 PM

Does he have a sister who likes to tweet about how bad Arod is?

smuggler
05-13-2014, 09:39 PM
They will make some pretty babies. Blatino is a good mix.

vince
05-14-2014, 06:46 AM
Agree. He looks like Jones but plays with more explosion, athleticism and wiggle. Both are physical guys bigger than most corners with a little bit of sneaky fast in them - but Jones is a little stiff in the hips compared to what Adams brings. Adams looks like he could be a man among boys against most corners, especially when he has the advantage of Arod throwing it past corners' earholes when they don't even know it's coming yet.

Fritz
05-14-2014, 07:09 AM
Agree. He looks like Jones but plays with more explosion, athleticism and wiggle. Both are physical guys bigger than most corners with a little bit of sneaky fast in them - but Jones is a little stiff in the hips compared to what Adams brings. Adams looks like he could be a man among boys against most corners, especially when he has the advantage of Arod throwing it past corners' earholes when they don't even know it's coming yet.

Wow. That was like Penthouse Forum letter. Yum!

smuggler
05-14-2014, 07:18 AM
I think Adams plays the ball better in the air than Jones... specifically over the shoulder.

mraynrand
05-14-2014, 07:20 AM
I think Adams plays the ball better in the air than Jones... specifically over the shoulder.

So does my grandmother....my dead grandmother.

woodbuck27
05-14-2014, 07:21 AM
Plus, it's always easy to second guess, and say that guys likee Donte Moncreif, Allen Robinson, Jarvis Landry would have been better, but who knows for sure. The Packers decision makers have their board, they have their grades and know who all these guys are, and still selected Adams. What does that tell you? They watched different Youtube videos than then nay sayers?

It's also so much to do with the personality of a man and is he also a fit with the Packers methods of coaching.. . .and the Sackers schemes (routes).

woodbuck27
05-14-2014, 07:25 AM

I like it... a colorful description of a WR prospect destined to help keep us ahead on the scoreboard.

GO Davante Adams ! GO PACK GO !

Fritz
05-14-2014, 07:27 AM
No wonder they call you "Woody"

mraynrand
05-14-2014, 07:30 AM
No wonder they call you "Woody"

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lsgnk4JCFn1qkirki.gif

woodbuck27
05-14-2014, 07:33 AM
http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lsgnk4JCFn1qkirki.gif

I've never been a Rock Star.

Just ... "a Star".

but ....Thanks anyway.

mraynrand
05-14-2014, 07:36 AM
^^^ That's in memory of the Skinbasket

HarveyWallbangers
05-14-2014, 09:29 AM
Can we correct his name? Now Woody thinks his name is Davente Adams.

woodbuck27
05-14-2014, 09:35 AM
They will make some pretty babies. Blatino is a good mix.

Yes but I hear those puppies cost a bundle.

I'll stick with a good ole Lab.

woodbuck27
05-14-2014, 09:49 AM

Simply .........correct the spelling of "Dav 'a' nte " Davante not Dav 'e' nte Adams name..... in the thread title.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2014/profiles/davante-adams?id=2543495

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Davante_Adams

I meant no disrespect.

Brandon494
05-14-2014, 01:08 PM
Haha won't be me correct it...my fault. :smk:

mraynrand
05-14-2014, 03:05 PM

I'm calling him DaVenti Grande from now on.

Fritz
05-14-2014, 04:26 PM
Just don't call him Bud Adams.

woodbuck27
05-15-2014, 06:09 AM
It's also so much to do with the personality of a man and is he also a fit with the Packers methods of coaching.. . .and the Packers schemes (routes).

Revised a typo.

woodbuck27
06-05-2014, 12:37 PM
http://www.packersnews.com/article/20140603/PKR01/306030424/Despite-Packers-need-Adams-rookie-impact-likely-limited

Despite Packers' need, Adams' rookie impact likely limited

" ... the statistics for a rookie at that position are noteworthy for what they don’t produce. Since 2000, NFL teams have selected 117 receivers in the first and second rounds combined. Only 11 of them caught at least 60 passes as a rookie and only four caught at least 70. " Fr. LINK

Please click on the LINK for the entire story.

GO PACK GO !

smuggler
06-05-2014, 07:03 PM
40 catches from Adams would be stellar in our offense, especially if the other receivers are healthy...

mission
06-05-2014, 08:30 PM
See, I don't see that at all. I see way more of Q Boldin. This guy seems to always catch the ball blanketed and use his strength to snag the ball away.

Those two aren't a whole lot different with Boldin in his prime (or playing the Packers).

vince
06-07-2014, 02:32 PM
Adams making Heyward look like Jarrett Bush...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vIN3YSPpnxw&app=desktop

MadtownPacker
06-07-2014, 02:40 PM
Fuck yeah!!! The local homie is gonna do big things!!

mission
06-07-2014, 03:10 PM
He could have ran like 6 other routes off that move... that's pretty hard to defend if he's doing that kinda stuff every play.

Joemailman
06-07-2014, 03:15 PM

Hope he's better than Tyrone Culver.

Brandon494
06-07-2014, 03:23 PM
He could have ran like 6 other routes off that move... that's pretty hard to defend if he's doing that kinda stuff every play.

Especially when he'll be going against team's 3rd and 4th string CBs.

Brandon494
06-07-2014, 03:24 PM

Did you notice how nice the grass was on that field? I know you had to be excited about that.

smuggler
06-07-2014, 07:54 PM
I did, but that's in the Hutson center, right?

Carolina_Packer
06-07-2014, 10:09 PM
I did, but that's in the Hutson center, right?

That looked like Ray Nitschke field to me, with the stands lining the field.

Brandon494
06-07-2014, 10:12 PM
I hear that wasn't Heyward in the video.

Pugger
06-08-2014, 09:45 AM
I hear that wasn't Heyward in the video.

Who was it?

smuggler
06-08-2014, 10:04 AM
Maybe Dennard? How many are there in the league at this point?

E: Dennard wears 35. Jumal Rolle wears 20 and Richardson 28. It's probably either Rolle or Hayward.

vince
06-08-2014, 11:49 AM
Yeah, no matter who that defender is, triple moves like that are gonna be tough to hang with. Reports were that he needs to work on his route running... I'd say he'll be able to figure that out. :-P

I believe he almost always played stationary on the left-side line of scrimmage at Fresno and was pressed a lot with help over the top so he'll be tough if he's already adept at beating the press and can turn guys in circles with quick triple moves like that. When he learns to be on the same page with Arod and the other receivers reading coverages and adjusting routes...along with his strong hands and the fact that he usually wins contested throws and it looks to me like he's gonna fit right in. Stay healthy!

woodbuck27
06-08-2014, 12:06 PM
Yeah, no matter who that defender is, triple moves like that are gonna be tough to hang with. Reports were that he needs to work on his route running... I'd say he'll be able to figure that out. :-P

I believe he almost always played stationary on the left-side line of scrimmage at Fresno and was pressed a lot with help over the top so he'll be tough if he's already adept at beating the press and can turn guys in circles with quick triple moves like that. When he learns to be on the same page with Arod and the other receivers reading coverages and adjusting routes...along with his strong hands and the fact that he usually wins contested throws and it looks to me like he's gonna fit right in. Stay healthy!

Just let a good horse run.

mraynrand
06-08-2014, 12:39 PM
Did you notice how nice the grass was on that field? I know you had to be excited about that.

lol

Brandon494
06-08-2014, 03:23 PM
Maybe Dennard? How many are there in the league at this point?

E: Dennard wears 35. Jumal Rolle wears 20 and Richardson 28. It's probably either Rolle or Hayward.

I think its Rolle to be honest.

pbmax
06-08-2014, 03:39 PM
Whoever it is should be on the tape of what NOT to do. Short of retreating and not getting burned deep, it was kinda disastrous.

Joemailman
06-08-2014, 03:49 PM
Richardson is 6-2,220. Pretty sure it's not him. I'd like to think it's Hayward since that would be a pretty good test of his hamstring. I agree though that it's probably Rolle.

vince
06-12-2014, 06:37 AM
It looks like someone painted Rolle's defensive technique on his sock the next day... Ouch.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BpyK-8_CUAAkpyI.jpg

pbmax
06-12-2014, 08:37 AM
That is the new calf strain prevention sock.

vince
06-12-2014, 08:41 AM
Good thing with the way his calves are turning.

KYPack
06-12-2014, 01:12 PM

The Bulldog has shake.

'Bout time you sent us a decent player, MTP.

Bretsky
12-09-2015, 10:22 PM
Love the pick...would have loved Allen Robinson more but still loved the pick. I was kind of hoping Allen Robinson got drafted by a team with a stellar passing game so we could easily compare them.
But he went to Jacksonville.....where player careers die

This was an interest thread to read up on. I loved the idea of a WR and drank the homer juice on this guy even though my man was Allen Robinson

smuggler
12-09-2015, 11:17 PM
Good call on Robinson. I took him with the Packers 2nd round pick in a mock I did on another forum.

pbmax
12-09-2015, 11:28 PM
Good call on Robinson. I took him with the Packers 2nd round pick in a mock I did on another forum.

Pics or its like a Canadian girlfriend.

smuggler
12-10-2015, 01:18 AM
I don't have pics, but I have the excel spreadsheet.

Our draft in that mock:

OG Xavier Su'a-Filo
WR Allen Robinson
SS Deone Bucannon
RB Bishop Sankey
WR Paul Richardson
DT DaQuan Jones
DT Ego Ferguson
CB Phillip Gaines
DE Brent Urban

smuggler
12-10-2015, 01:23 AM
I would have been fired for that draft.

HarveyWallbangers
12-10-2015, 02:17 AM
Adams has had an awful year, but I'm not ready to write him off yet.

Joemailman
12-10-2015, 07:10 AM
Adams has had an awful year, but I'm not ready to write him off yet.

Me either. What you won't see next year is MM calling him the "MVP of the offseason" or Rodgers saying he's a "Pro Bowl caliber player". He'll have to earn his way into the rotation at WR.

pbmax
12-10-2015, 08:23 AM
Me either. What you won't see next year is MM calling him the "MVP of the offseason" or Rodgers saying he's a "Pro Bowl caliber player". He'll have to earn his way into the rotation at WR.

At this point, those designations seem meaningless. I have no idea why M3 even comments on it. Is he still selling draft and development?

Joemailman
12-10-2015, 08:39 AM
At this point, those designations seem meaningless. I have no idea why M3 even comments on it. Is he still selling draft and development?

MM has said a number of times that many players make their biggest jump between their 1st and 2nd seasons. In June he apparently felt Adams had made that jump based on....something.

Patler
12-10-2015, 08:43 AM

One of his previous off season all-stars was Nick McDonald.

Fritz
12-10-2015, 12:10 PM
Maybe he should start using that voodoo on opposing teams' players: "I see Teddy Bridgewater as a pro bowler this coming year, based on what I've heard about his offseason work."

Next thing you know, Teddy's signing with the Jaguars practice squad or a new arena football league.

Patler
12-10-2015, 12:35 PM
Maybe he should start using that voodoo on opposing teams' players: "I see Teddy Bridgewater as a pro bowler this coming year, based on what I've heard about his offseason work."

Next thing you know, Teddy's signing with the Jaguars practice squad or a new arena football league.

Visions of Christian Ponder,.... just released by the Broncos on Tuesday.

KYPack
12-10-2015, 01:34 PM
Visions of Christian Ponder,.... just released by the Broncos on Tuesday.

I NEVER saw that sumbitch have a good game.

He must have been a college phenom.

Fritz
12-10-2015, 05:14 PM
Desperation makes us all do strange things. You know that, KY.

I once long ago dated a 90% lesbian who would only ever let me get some when she was wasted drunk.

It was good practice, though.

Joemailman
12-10-2015, 06:09 PM

Probably best game he ever had was against the Pack. http://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/201212300min.htm

Rastak
12-10-2015, 06:35 PM
Visions of Christian Ponder,.... just released by the Broncos on Tuesday.Nah, that guy could never read a defense to save his life and his accuracy was terrible.

That said, Bridgewater has regressed for whatever reason. Last year he's looking off safeties and connecting on 70% of his passes, including midrange ones.....not this year.

OL sucks, losing two key pieces before the season but you gotta adapt.

Tonight will be an unmitigated shit kicking unless Carson Palmer get's food poisoning and their entire Cards defense mails it in.

smuggler
12-10-2015, 06:43 PM
Bridgewater is getting pressured on more than half of passing plays. It's not a surprise his performance has regressed.

KYPack
12-10-2015, 09:42 PM
Probably best game he ever had was against the Pack. http://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/201212300min.htm

I should have said I don't remember him having a good game, because I sure don't remember that one.

Jerron McMillan and MD Jennings both played on D, that probably helped him some.

mission
12-10-2015, 09:48 PM

I once long ago dated a 90% lesbian who would only ever let me get some when she was wasted drunk.

I "dated" one of those too! Didn't even enjoy it much-- literally awkward-- but she was hot and the whole challenge made it more exciting.

KYPack
12-10-2015, 10:53 PM

That sweet moment when you finally break on thru.

You are rolling in revery in that 10% while she's thinking of some girl.

smuggler
12-11-2015, 03:02 AM
Sounds like my ex haha. She was at least honest about it. Still tries to date men, though. No clue.

Patler
12-11-2015, 05:55 AM

Next thing you know, Teddy's signing with the Jaguars practice squad or a new arena football league.Visions of Christian Ponder,.... just released by the Broncos on Tuesday.Nah, that guy could never read a defense to save his life and his accuracy was terrible.

That said, Bridgewater has regressed for whatever reason. Last year he's looking off safeties and connecting on 70% of his passes, including midrange ones.....not this year.

I wasn't suggesting that Bridgewater IS like Ponder, I was suggesting (hoping!) that maybe Fritz's voodoo proposal could make him into Ponder! :-)

pbmax
12-11-2015, 08:57 AM

I think he had most of one versus the Packers unit he threw a back pick.

But that was the era when the Packer pass defense was making Joe Webb look average. So we should adjust for degree of non-difficulty.

run pMc
12-11-2015, 10:20 PM
So is Adams the guy who needs to work on his preparation? Is the ankle still bothering him? I think the expectations were higher for him thanks to all the offseason talk, but still...he's been a below average starter.

denverYooper
12-12-2015, 07:27 AM
So is Adams the guy who needs to work on his preparation? Is the ankle still bothering him? I think the expectations were higher for him thanks to all the offseason talk, but still...he's been a below average starter.

Adams would seem to be one guy who does work on his preparation, based on his playing time and number of targets.

Adams just got over his skis this season, mainly because of the loss of Jordy.

I really think the preparation bit was aimed more at the RBs, and one in particular.

pbmax
12-12-2015, 08:21 AM
Adams would seem to be one guy who does work on his preparation, based on his playing time and number of targets.

Adams just got over his skis this season, mainly because of the loss of Jordy.

I really think the preparation bit was aimed more at the RBs, and one in particular.

I was thinking Janis as well.

Maxie the Taxi
12-12-2015, 08:39 AM
I was thinking Janis as well.I give Janis a pass. Video games are the only way he sees any action.

mraynrand
12-12-2015, 09:05 AM
Adams just got over his skis this season

elitist. I bet you have a season pass to Breckenridge or something too. :)

Patler
12-12-2015, 09:17 AM
I was thinking Janis as well.

I kind of doubt that, because there was an article about how dedicated he was to his ST responsibilities and preparation, how much film he studied and how hard he worked at the details of it. If he did that for ST's, I expect he would be just as dedicated to his prep on offense.

Maxie the Taxi
12-12-2015, 09:25 AM
I kind of doubt that, because there was an article about how dedicated he was to his ST responsibilities and preparation, how much film he studied and how hard he worked at the details of it. If he did that for ST's, I expect he would be just as dedicated to his prep on offense.C'mon, Patler. How much prep work do you need to sit on the bench? :-)

pbmax
12-12-2015, 10:33 AM
I kind of doubt that, because there was an article about how dedicated he was to his ST responsibilities and preparation, how much film he studied and how hard he worked at the details of it. If he did that for ST's, I expect he would be just as dedicated to his prep on offense.

I should have distinguished my diagnosis from Rodgers' comments. I don't think Janis isn't studying (or playing video games instead*) but I do think that knowledge is not translating to the practice field. If it had, like it seems to have for Adams, RichRod and Monty, then I don't think JJ is relegated to the fifth WR role.

I don't think Rodgers is only disappointed in the lack of prep work, but the absence of results at practice.

As we have discussed before, the time might be well past that this should matter this season, but my sense is that Janis is still not getting something right in practice.

*He did say he was possibly taking his iPad hunting with him over one of their mini-bye weeks. I doubt that is the best way to study, but at least his heart is in the right place.

denverYooper
12-12-2015, 10:41 AM
elitist. I bet you have a season pass to Breckenridge or something too. :)

Nah. Copper. Breck's always packed.

mraynrand
12-12-2015, 10:54 AM
Nah. Copper. Breck's always packed.

knew it! Great powder out there (or so I'm told by my old friend who used to own Wilderness Sports up in Silverthorne...)
Haven't skied in almost 30 years now, but I did get some chances back then to ski in Utah - Brighton and Snowbird. Now I am getting all nostalgic :)

Maxie the Taxi
12-12-2015, 12:13 PM
*He did say he was possibly taking his iPad hunting with him over one of their mini-bye weeks. I doubt that is the best way to study, but at least his heart is in the right place.The iPad is overkill. Janis could have made do with a paper seating chart. LOL :beat:

yetisnowman
12-12-2015, 09:20 PM
Ouch. Look at some of the receivers taken after Davante. Allen Robinson, Jarvis Landry, John Brown, Donte Moncrief, Martavis Bryant. Not necessarily giving up on Adams, but I think we missed on that pick, given who we could have had. Man that 2014 WR class was ridiculously loaded. About 10 of them are the their team's best receiver just a year later.

esoxx
12-12-2015, 10:01 PM
Why does Davente Adams remind me of Robert Ferguson?

Why does Harlan's avatar remind me of Najeh Davenport?

Why ask why?

Bretsky
12-13-2015, 09:34 AM
Ouch. Look at some of the receivers taken after Davante. Allen Robinson, Jarvis Landry, John Brown, Donte Moncrief, Martavis Bryant. Not necessarily giving up on Adams, but I think we missed on that pick, given who we could have had. Man that 2014 WR class was ridiculously loaded. About 10 of them are the their team's best receiver just a year later.

YUPPPER

pbmax
12-13-2015, 09:43 AM
I gotta bookmark this thread for Adams Pro Bowl year. :D

Bretsky
12-13-2015, 10:59 AM
I gotta bookmark this thread for Adams Pro Bowl year. :D

I hope this propels that Fresno puke to multiple Pro Bowls

And let's keep his career stats as opposed to my pre draft guy...Al....aka....Money Robinson

Maxie the Taxi
12-13-2015, 12:31 PM
I hope this propels that Fresno puke to multiple Pro Bowls

And let's keep his career stats as opposed to my pre draft guy...Al....aka....Money Robinson

Tyler Lockette just scored again for Seattle. He was my pre-draft favorite.

yetisnowman
12-28-2015, 01:50 AM
Is there a more disappointing player in the NFL this season? Allen Robinson, Jarvis Landry, John Brown, Donte Moncrief, Martavis Bryant. Ouch, what a bust this guy has become. At least he won training camp mvp! Nice pick Ted!

smuggler
12-28-2015, 04:54 AM
Adams is the new Bush. Except he doesn't contribute on special teams whatsoever.

pbmax
12-28-2015, 08:03 AM
I'm not ready to give up on the kid yet. It was one terrible year where he fell out of favor with his QB and possibly his Right Guard. Its been a mess, but he looked far more capable last year.

It takes 3 seasons to figure out a young player, he has at least one more before I am willing to declare him a fraud.

yetisnowman
12-28-2015, 09:01 AM
I'm not ready to give up on the kid yet. It was one terrible year where he fell out of favor with his QB and possibly his Right Guard. Its been a mess, but he looked far more capable last year.

It takes 3 seasons to figure out a young player, he has at least one more before I am willing to declare him a fraud.

Well you have more optimism than I do. I see a guy that isn't fast or athletic, and has terrible hands. I'd be amazed if he turned into anything but a serviceable 4th or 5th receiver in the NFL.

Joemailman
12-28-2015, 09:11 AM
Well you have more optimism than I do. I see a guy that isn't fast or athletic, and has terrible hands. I'd be amazed if he turned into anything but a serviceable 4th or 5th receiver in the NFL.

He's not overly fast, but he's plenty athletic. His athleticism is what has put him in a position to catch potential TD passes that he's not catching. The question is why he's not catching those balls. That's what the Packers have to try to fix. A lot of people were ready to run James Jones out of here after his drops in 2010. He/they was able to fix whatever the problem was. There's still a chance with Adams.

pbmax
12-28-2015, 09:30 AM
He's not overly fast, but he's plenty athletic. His athleticism is what has put him in a position to catch potential TD passes that he's not catching. The question is why he's not catching those balls. That's what the Packers have to try to fix. A lot of people were ready to run James Jones out of here after his drops in 2010. He/they was able to fix whatever the problem was. There's still a chance with Adams.

The one concern I have about him is that his hands were a concern pre-draft, do I recall seeing that correctly?

But like all things, that can be remedied.

Joemailman
12-28-2015, 09:42 AM
The one concern I have about him is that his hands were a concern pre-draft, do I recall seeing that correctly?

But like all things, that can be remedied.

To some extent, hands were a concern.

http://www.draftinsider.net/reports/2014/WR/Davante-Adams

Positive: Two-year starter named to a several all-America teams last season after finishing the year with 131 receptions, 1718 yards, and 24 TDs. Started 13 games as a redshirt freshman and finished with 102 receptions, 1312 yards, and 14 TDs. Game-controlling receiver with potential as a number one wide out in the NFL. Quick, agile, and strong. Displays a sense of timing, gets up in a crowd, and competes to come away with the ball. Adjusts to errant throws, displays good hand/eye coordination, and uses his frame to shield defenders. Easily makes catches in stride, consistently catches the ball with his hands, and takes a pounding but holds onto the throw. Displays a sense of timing, comes back to the ball to make himself an available target, and uses his hands to separate from opponents. Does not go down without a fight, strong running after the catch and has the ability to pick up yardage.
Negative: At times, haphazard in his movement. Loses focus, thinks about running before he's actually caught the ball, and occasionally drops some catchable throws. Lacks the second gear and is more of a one-speed wideout.
Analysis: Adams has been ultra productive the past two seasons and was consistent while developing his game. He's a possession wideout for the next level with the ability to play in a variety of next level schemes.

yetisnowman
12-28-2015, 09:48 AM

Well of course as an NFL player he is athletic. But he is certainly a below average athlete at the wide receiver position. The difference between Jones and Adams is at least JJ sprinkled some brilliant plays in there. I hope I'm wrong.

Maxie the Taxi
12-28-2015, 10:29 AM
To some extent, hands were a concern.

http://www.draftinsider.net/reports/2014/WR/Davante-Adams

The most telling line in that scouting report is: "He's a possession wideout for the next level with the ability to play in a variety of next level schemes."

Having Jordy in the stable to replace Jennings, TT probably viewed Adams as James Jones' replacement, just as he saw Abby (and Monty) as possible replacements for Cobb. The problem is, with Jordy hurt, they have an entire stable of possession and slot receivers. I'll go out on a limb and say that if TT had drafted a Stephon Diggs, or a Tyler Lockette (or even a Devin Smith) -- difference-makers with field stretching abilities -- their passing game would have been a whole lot more resilient after Jordy got hurt.

Sparkey
12-28-2015, 11:37 AM
What They're Saying

NFL.com's Nolan Narwocki:

A rangy, sure-handed possession receiver with starter-caliber, positional traits. Lacks top-end speed and strength. As a 21-year-old, third-year sophomore entering the draft early, is still growing into his body and developing core strength. Comparing favorably to a poor man's Michael Crabtree, Adams possesses very intriguing upside to be groomed.

Former Bears' Scouting Director Greg Gabriel:

"Overall, Adams is still a raw "work in progress". He hasn't begun to reach the level of receiver he can be. It's all in front of him, and he has the physical traits to become an excellent NFL receiver. He will need time to develop, but the team that drafts him will look at what he can be, not what he is."

Chargers.com's Ricky Henne:

At 6-1, 212-pounds, Adams possesses an ideal frame for a wideout. Most importantly, he is incredibly sure-handed rarely dropping the ball. Although he isn't a sprinter, Adams has good speed which he uses to great effect with big play ability. He has also shown a willingness to mix it up, out-muscling defenders both with the ball and while running routes.

Adams’ detractors admit he had incredible productivity, but caution it came against questionable competition in the Mountain West. Still, with comparisons to James Jones and Michael Crabtree, Adams figures to be one of a number of wide receiver prospects to hear his name early during the Draft this May.

woodbuck27
12-28-2015, 12:12 PM

TT and ultimate thinking:

Ouch ! .... OUCH !! ... OUCH !!! ... OUCH !!!!.............. OUCH !!!!! ...........and .............OUCH !!!!!!

MadtownPacker
12-28-2015, 01:30 PM
He can catch the fucking ball, his problem is between the ears. Simply as that.

Joemailman
12-28-2015, 02:29 PM

Quite often lately, is problem has been between the hands. That's where the ball's been going.

Harlan Huckleby
12-28-2015, 02:39 PM

You are the Devante Adams Fan Club President, and you are calling your hero a head case? This whole Adams debacle is on you, building up expectations for the "pro-bowl caliber" WR. You should quietly slink away in shame and hope people forget.

Sparkey
12-28-2015, 02:40 PM
Everything about Adams says "half assed"

I do not see any fight for the ball, no aggression on a cut, no "wanting" the ball.

I was going to suggest moving Adams inside like a tight end stacked along side Cobb. Then have Adams and Cobb play off each others coverage. But then who plays outside in a 4 wr ? Abbrederis

Speaking of Adams:

ROTOWORLD:

Latest News

Davante Adams caught 3-of-6 targets for 42 yards in the Packers' Week 16 loss to the Cardinals.
News flash, Adams is still bad at football. His long catch of 38 yards down the left sideline pulled the Packers out of the shadow of their own goal posts, but Adams celebrated his second-longest catch of the season by spiking the ball and taking a delay of game penalty. Later, Adams was the target on 4th-and-goal, catching the ball at the one-yard line and getting stuffed for a turnover on downs. The least productive receiver in the NFL on a per-route basis, Adams has been unusable in fantasy for weeks. Things won't be any different next week vs. Minnesota. Dec 27 - 8:20 PM

MadtownPacker
12-29-2015, 12:23 PM
Quite often lately, is problem has been between the hands. That's where the ball's been going.Look I saw the guy, he can make all the catches we have seen him flat out miss this season. I have to believe the preseason hype and the expectations that multiplied when Jordy got hurt are what is doing him in. You bitches saw him at the end of last season. Don't tell me he wasn't showing you something mofos.

MadtownPacker
12-29-2015, 12:26 PM
You are the Devante Adams Fan Club President, and you are calling your hero a head case? This whole Adams debacle is on you, building up expectations for the "pro-bowl caliber" WR. You should quietly slink away in shame and hope people forget.You dumb okie, just about everyone is head case. Some just handle it better than others.

But you're right, me and all these Casper lookalikes here expected a lot from him.

hoosier
12-29-2015, 01:15 PM

Jones had problems with the easy ones. But even when he had the dropsies he still managed to make a lot of really tough catches. The end zone catch against Atl in the divisional round was a good example.

George Cumby
12-29-2015, 01:20 PM
Someone needs to find Adams 2014 highlight reel. If that dude had shown up this year, we wouldn't be having this conversation.

Fritz
12-29-2015, 03:38 PM
How true that is.