PDA

View Full Version : Day Three Targets

HarveyWallbangers
05-10-2014, 02:57 AM
I'm going to list the top guys that I think are the best fits for the Packers scheme. Any others that you think fit our scheme?

QB Aaron Murray
QB A.J. McCarron
QB Keith Wenning
QB Garrett Gilbert

RB Ka'Deem Carey
RB/RET De'Anthony Thomas

FB Trey Millard

WR Martavis Bryant
WR Bruce Ellington
WR Kevin Norwood
WR Shaq Evans
WR Jared Abbrederis
WR Brandon Coleman
WR T.J. Jones
WR Devin Street

OT Matt Patchan
OT Laurent Duvernay-Tardif

OG Charles Leno
OG John Urschel

OC Gabe Ikard
OC Wesley Johnson
OC Tyler Larsen

NT DaQuan Jones
NT Justin Ellis
NT Daniel McCullers
NT Ryan Carrethers
NT Zach Kerr

DE Brent Urban
DE Taylor Hart
DE Kelcy Quarles
DE Deandre Coleman

OLB James Gayle
OLB Jackson Jeffcoat
OLB Carl Bradford
OLB Adrian Hubbard
OLB Trevor Reilly

ILB Jordan Tripp
ILB Shayne Skov
ILB Jordan Zumwalt
ILB Max Bullough
ILB Avery Williamson
ILB Brock Coyle

CB Pierre Desir
CB Keith McGill
CB Marcus Roberson
CB Aaron Colvin
CB Rashaad Reynolds
CB Travis Carrie
CB Walt Aikens
CB Kendall James
CB Shaquille Richardson
CB Brandon Dixon

S Brock Vereen
S/CB Bashaud Breeland
S Ed Reynolds
S Craig Loston
S/CB Dontae Johnson
S/CB Marqueston Huff
S Kenny Ladler
S Tre Boston

pittstang5
05-10-2014, 06:27 AM
ILB, OLB, another safety, interior o-line and a returner is my wish list. However, there are some other players at other positions I like.

Jordan Tripp, Brock Vereen, Brent Urban, Devin Street are on my radar and I hope we get one of them.

mraynrand
05-10-2014, 06:33 AM
just don't take Yabbadabbadoo from Wisconsin. 4 bench press LOL.

wpony
05-10-2014, 06:46 AM
I would really like to see them take Gabe Ikard he is a very smart and true center http://stormininnorman.com/2014/05/05/nfl-draft-scouting-report-gabe-ikard/

Joemailman
05-10-2014, 07:29 AM
http://www.draftinsider.net/reports/2014/G/Dakota-Dozier

Dakota Dozier
School: Furman
Position: G
Positive: Decorated offensive line prospect with potential at guard or tackle. Stays square, keeps his feet moving, and keeps his head on a swivel. Consistently blocks with leverage and keeps his knees bent throughout the action. Plays with a nasty attitude, always looking for someone to hit, and works well with linemen. Stays square, correctly places his hands into defenders, and keeps his feet moving in pass protection. Displays good lateral blocking range as well as the ability on the second level blocking in motion.

Negative: Overextends and bends at the waist on occasion. Gets minimal movement run blocking. Needs to improve the strength of his base and learn to finish blocks.

Analysis: Dozier is an athletic prospect who would be a good fit in a zone-blocking scheme or one which puts him in motion. He needs to improve his overall playing strength but is a small-school player with starting potential in the NFL.

wpony
05-10-2014, 08:16 AM
I would like to see them pick up Jared Abbrederis with there last pick or if he is not drafted to go after him right after the draft before the phones are done ringing almost he runs great routes good return man and isnt slow like some say he had ran track and Abbrederis almost single-handedly led the Hornets to the State Track and Field Title with a performance that included two first place finishes, a second place finish, and two state records, one in the 300 meter hurdles that still stands today. He had to fight his whole football life so far he was a walk on and loved the game so much he just kept playing with out a scholarship untill his senior season he was suppose to have it his junior season but but had to give it up to bring in a hot shot junior transfer some hot shot named Russel Wilson LOL ,
He won the Burlsworth Trophy he is just a great kid that loves the game has a big upside and wont quit on you.

pittstang5
05-10-2014, 08:29 AM
Interior O-line guy I like, can play all three interior positions (Something TT usually goes for).

Russell Bodine

STRENGTHS: Possesses squatty powerful frame, with broad shoulders and thick limbs. Good initial quickness. Capable of firing the snap (shotgun or typical) and turning to seal off defenders in one fluid motion. Plays with very good knee bend and on the balls of his feet, helping him anchor against the bull rush and mirror quicker defenders while in pass protection. Latches on and turns with defenders, keeping himself between the defender and the ball.
Surprisingly light on his feet, showing good athleticism to block at the second level. Strong initial punch on defenders when he meets them, showing enough power to knock some off-balance and to the ground. Alert and competitive. Looks for someone to hit on each play. Started one game at left guard in 2013; all others at center over the past two seasons.

WEAKNESSES: Carries a little extra weight around the middle and may not possess ideal arm length. Can get pushed back into the pocket initially (especially when covered up with a powerful nose guard), though to his credit he generally stops the skating and regains momentum to eventually push the defender back. Plays so low that he leaves himself vulnerable to over-arm swim moves.

Maxie the Taxi
05-10-2014, 08:44 AM
I still like Telvin Smith at ILB. The guy is blessed with speed and a nose for the ball.

Bryan Stork at C (late round).

Laurent Duvernay-Tardif at OT.

Dion Bailey at FS.

Larry Webster at TE/DE.

Blake Annen TE and Devin Street WR.

Guys I don't want: Max Bullough (poor man's AJ Hawk), Tajh Boyd, Colt Lyerla, any RB or DL...and any low character guy.

Joemailman
05-10-2014, 09:39 AM
Anybody like this guy given the size of some of the receivers in the NFCN?

http://www.draftinsider.net/reports/2014/CB/Keith-McGill

Keith McGill
School: Utah
Position: CB
Positive: Played with the first-team on a full-time basis last season and totaled 37 tackles, 1 INT, and 12 PBUs. Large, athletic defensive back prospect who needs a lot of work on his overall game. Has nice length, good speed, and jumping ability. Fluid moving in every direction, stays step for step with opponents down the fi eld, and has a burst to the action. Quickly breaks to the ball and mixes it up with opponents. Physically beats down receivers to defend the throw and a solid ope n field tackler. Plays faster than his 40 time, shows the ability to recover, and looks the part.

Negative: Shows hesitation. Struggles tracking the ball and making plays with his back to the action. Should be more productive against the run. Has a medical history including a shoulder injury, which kept him on the sidelines in 2012.

Analysis: McGill is an intriguing prospect with next-level size, speed, and strength. He\x92s a versatile defensive back still very rough around the edges but a prospect likely to be over drafted due to his enormous potential.

pbmax
05-10-2014, 09:40 AM
Packers pick Abbrederis and just think about all the John Kuhn Band's Abracadabra jokes you can make.

Maxie the Taxi
05-10-2014, 10:16 AM
I find this guy intriguing, even though he's got a ton of character issues. The guy seems to be a turnover machine/big play difference maker.

SS JONATHAN DOWLING http://www.nfl.com/draft/2014/profiles/jonathan-dowling?id=2543685

I suspect he'd be too much of a reach for TT who likes his prospects to be "good persons."

red
05-10-2014, 10:23 AM
Anybody like this guy given the size of some of the receivers in the NFCN?

http://www.draftinsider.net/reports/2014/CB/Keith-McGill

Keith McGill
School: Utah
Position: CB
Positive: Played with the first-team on a full-time basis last season and totaled 37 tackles, 1 INT, and 12 PBUs. Large, athletic defensive back prospect who needs a lot of work on his overall game. Has nice length, good speed, and jumping ability. Fluid moving in every direction, stays step for step with opponents down the fi eld, and has a burst to the action. Quickly breaks to the ball and mixes it up with opponents. Physically beats down receivers to defend the throw and a solid ope n field tackler. Plays faster than his 40 time, shows the ability to recover, and looks the part.

Negative: Shows hesitation. Struggles tracking the ball and making plays with his back to the action. Should be more productive against the run. Has a medical history including a shoulder injury, which kept him on the sidelines in 2012.

Analysis: McGill is an intriguing prospect with next-level size, speed, and strength. He\x92s a versatile defensive back still very rough around the edges but a prospect likely to be over drafted due to his enormous potential.

yeah my eyes keep getting drawn in by him

tough to ignore a 6'3 211 lb cb

he supposedly looked good at senior bowl week and at the combine

my only concern with drafting him is, do we really need another CB right now with the pick of Haha and hyde getting locked back in to CB?

Just Jeff
05-10-2014, 10:29 AM
Take some shots at ILB.

red
05-10-2014, 10:32 AM
Take some shots at ILB.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dmu7Y98_L_c

mad would probably blow a nut if we drafted a guy from fresno state AND a mexican

Carolina_Packer
05-10-2014, 10:46 AM
I hope they target an ILB to give Brad Jones strong competition. I like Shane Skov, who seems to be more of a football player than athlete, and might not be the answer in coverage, but I love his ability to diagnose and be around the ball. Other guys who are intriguing are Lamin Barrow (LSU) and Maxie's propsect Telvin Smith (FSU), who looks more like a Cam Chancellor type and runs a 4.52, but could be that coverage LB we've lacked who might be a poor man's Ryan Shazier. If you can get a Telvin Smith in the fourth round, have him add some bulk to his frame and not affect his speed, wow. Check this out...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9UIXIWmZi5E

woodbuck27
05-10-2014, 10:48 AM
Based on TT's Pick at NO. 98:

I'd suggest he rework his Draft Board as that pick sucked wind.

He needs to get it in gear today to recover from that disappointment.

Packman_26
05-10-2014, 10:49 AM
I'd like Christian Jones from Florida St. Needs to learn the game and hone his recognition skills but is a big, fast, and strong athlete, which is what the defense is missing. http://www.nfl.com/draft/2014/profiles/christian-jones?id=2543710

In the same vein, I like Khairi Fortt. http://www.nfl.com/draft/2014/profiles/khairi-fortt?id=2543568

I think both could play inside where they need to get more athletic.

woodbuck27
05-10-2014, 11:10 AM
I'm going to list the top guys that I think are the best fits for the Packers scheme. Any others that you think fit our scheme?

QB Aaron Murray
QB A.J. McCarron
QB Keith Wenning
QB Garrett Gilbert

RB Ka'Deem Carey
RB/RET De'Anthony Thomas

FB Trey Millard

WR Martavis Bryant
WR Bruce Ellington
WR Kevin Norwood
WR Shaq Evans
WR Jared Abbrederis
WR Brandon Coleman
WR T.J. Jones
WR Devin Street

OT Matt Patchan
OT Laurent Duvernay-Tardif

OG Charles Leno
OG John Urschel

OC Gabe Ikard
OC Wesley Johnson
OC Tyler Larsen

NT DaQuan Jones
NT Justin Ellis
NT Daniel McCullers
NT Ryan Carrethers
NT Zach Kerr

DE Brent Urban
DE Taylor Hart
DE Kelcy Quarles
DE Deandre Coleman

OLB James Gayle
OLB Jackson Jeffcoat
OLB Carl Bradford
OLB Adrian Hubbard
OLB Trevor Reilly

ILB Jordan Tripp
ILB Shayne Skov
ILB Jordan Zumwalt
ILB Max Bullough
ILB Avery Williamson
ILB Brock Coyle

CB Pierre Desir
CB Keith McGill
CB Marcus Roberson
CB Aaron Colvin
CB Rashaad Reynolds
CB Travis Carrie
CB Walt Aikens
CB Kendall James
CB Shaquille Richardson
CB Brandon Dixon

S Brock Vereen
S/CB Bashaud Breeland
S Ed Reynolds
S Craig Loston
S/CB Dontae Johnson
S/CB Marqueston Huff
S Kenny Ladler
S Tre Boston

Lots still there to like. I hope that TT has a great day. :idea:

Bretsky
05-10-2014, 11:19 AM
Packers pick Abbrederis and just think about all the John Kuhn Band's Abracadabra jokes you can make.

This would be a very solid pick IMO

Bretsky
05-10-2014, 11:20 AM
yeah my eyes keep getting drawn in by him

tough to ignore a 6'3 211 lb cb

he supposedly looked good at senior bowl week and at the combine

my only concern with drafting him is, do we really need another CB right now with the pick of Haha and hyde getting locked back in to CB?

I mentioned this guy a as a solid pick for yesterday; somebody pointed out they didn't like him as much and he's a 25yr old rookie....when we get to round 4 and after that is fine

Bretsky
05-10-2014, 11:21 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dmu7Y98_L_c

mad would probably blow a nut if we drafted a guy from fresno state AND a mexican

COMPLETELY on board with this too

wist43
05-10-2014, 12:01 PM
My guess is Ted is gonna trade out of the 4th round...