PDA

View Full Version : Official Jeff Janis Thread

Brandon494
05-10-2014, 06:35 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kx3iUkmS8bU

http://img.bleacherreport.net/img/images/photos/002/811/570/hi-res-d6c5ecc50825bf746f323f1ff09a1795_crop_north.jpg?w= 630&h=420&q=75

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2014/profiles/jeff-janis?id=2543750

Overview

Also played basketball as a Michigan prep. Broke a finger on his left hand as a senior, causing him to switch to running back -- returned to the field with a cast up to his left elbow. Redshirted in 2009. Started 6-of-10 games played in '10 and caught nine balls for 130 yards (13-yard average) and a touchdown. Started 8-of-11 games in '11, tallying 48-968-14 (20.2). Set SVSU single-season records for catches and receiving yards in '12 when he started all 11 games and piled up 106-1635-17 (15.4). Was Great Lakes Intercollegiate Athletic Conference Offensive Back of the Year in '13 when he totaled 83-1,572-14 (18.9) in 12 contests.

Analysis

Strengths
Exceptional measurables and leaping ability -- will test through the roof. Accelerates into routes quickly and can separate vertically and uncover underneath working short-to-intermediate zones. Terrific production -- carves up lesser competition and creates chunk plays. Good red-zone target. Exceptional work ethic. Outstanding football character. Very passionate about the game. Has a 37 1/2-inch vertical jump, posted a 3.98-second 20-yard shuttle (fourth-best among receivers) and a 6.64-second 3-cone time.

Weaknesses
Has very small, inconsistent hands -- will cradle the ball and use his body. Is not a nuanced route runner. Does not attack the ball in the air and will give up some break points. Not strong after the catch and will look for a soft landing spot. Can be fazed by traffic. Regularly faced Division II competition. Not a consistent blocker -- does not play to his size.

Bottom Line
A Division II standout with rare measurables and production, Janis must prove that he can translate his small-school success to the field against better competition.

pbmax
05-10-2014, 06:42 PM
Pete Dougherty ‏@PeteDougherty 1h
TT on Janis: remarkably gifted athlete who completely dominated his level of play. Of all WRs he was 2nd ranked athlete in our testing.

Brandon494
05-10-2014, 06:44 PM
Bill Schroeder 2.0?

mraynrand
05-10-2014, 08:30 PM
Sounds like Driver to me. Can he clear 7' 4?"

mraynrand
05-10-2014, 08:33 PM
I like the highlight reel that was shot with a cell phone camera - by a drunk fan.

HarveyWallbangers
05-10-2014, 08:50 PM

He's 6'3". Schroeder isn't a bad compare. Hopefully, we can get the same value out of him.

pbmax
05-10-2014, 09:15 PM
He's 6'3". Schroeder isn't a bad compare. Hopefully, we can get the same value out of him.

With the new concussion rules, M3 can't grab the face mask like M1 did with Billy.

Brandon494
05-11-2014, 03:18 AM
People don't remember how athletic Schoreder was, he says he ran a 4.26 40 and had a 44" vertical at the combine but don't know about that. I'm guessing more like 4.4 40 with a 40" vertical which is still great. I checked out Janis before the draft but after reading about his inconsistent hands I didn't care for him. I think hes a better athletic then football player but if he be anything close to what Schoreder was I'll be happy.

mraynrand
05-11-2014, 07:50 AM
A great athlete who struggles to catch the ball? A beginning at least.

http://www.the-voice.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/Janus-the-voice.png

woodbuck27
05-11-2014, 08:08 AM
My next thoughts after looking at his numbers (measurements) >>>>

My Green Bay Packer MAN of the last decade and a half >>> Donald Driver.

woodbuck27
05-11-2014, 08:15 AM
http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/packers-7th-round-pick-jeff-janis-jumped-off-the-charts-b99267036z1-258786241.html

Green Bay Packers

Notes

Packers' 7th-round pick Jeff Janis jumped off the charts

** Jeff Janis tested off the charts

"He's a remarkably gifted athlete," Ted Thompson.

"We do testing results of all the 40s and jumps and bench presses and shuttles and all that of every player in the draft that is eligible; it's like 1,000 guys. Of all the receivers in that group, he was the second-rated athlete according to his testing." TT

** " The 6-3, 218 pound player from Tawas City, Mich., led the Great Lakes Intercollegiate Athletic Conference (GLIAC) in most major receiving categories after posting 83 receptions for 1,572 yards and 14 touchdowns."

** He ran a reported 4.42 in the 40-yard dash.

** bench-pressed 225 pounds 20 times

** He did the three-cone drill in 6.64 seconds.

GO PACK GO !

woodbuck27
05-11-2014, 08:19 AM
People don't remember how athletic Schoreder was, he says he ran a 4.26 40 and had a 44" vertical at the combine but don't know about that. I'm guessing more like 4.4 40 with a 40" vertical which is still great. I checked out Janis before the draft but after reading about his inconsistent hands I didn't care for him. I think hes a better athletic then football player but if he be anything close to what Schoreder was I'll be happy.

The "ONLY" thing REAL and "44".

The Hammer... Henry "HANK" Aaron.

http://goldenstate.files.wordpress.com/2007/07/henry-aaron.jpg

mraynrand
05-11-2014, 01:42 PM
My next thoughts after looking at his numbers (measurements) >>>>

My Green Bay Packer MAN of the last decade and a half >>> Donald Driver.

Do you even read the threads before you post? We've established that he's like Schroeder, not Driver. Anyone who thinks he's like Driver is a fucking moron.

woodbuck27
05-11-2014, 04:04 PM
Do you even read the threads before you post? We've established that he's like Schroeder, not Driver. Anyone who thinks he's like Driver is a fucking moron.

He's athletic the way DD was coming out of College and as to your insulting style of posting.

Get a grip on yourself. Your a mess.

If you can't post me without some decency. Please ....don't post me. Decency isn't one of your qualities.

Is that to much to ask mraynrand? Is that an unreasonable request or too difficult for you to accept?

Your a horrible sick person. I ask you to not to post me ever again.

If that's unclear digest this please:

FUCK OFF !

mraynrand
05-11-2014, 06:18 PM
He's athletic the way DD was coming out of College and as to your insulting style of posting.

Get a grip on yourself. Your a mess.

If you can't post me without some decency. Please ....don't post me. Decency isn't one of your qualities.

Is that to much to ask mraynrand? Is that an unreasonable request or too difficult for you to accept?

Your a horrible sick person. I ask you to not to post me ever again.

If that's unclear digest this please:

FUCK OFF !

Read the thread guy:

Your awareness is not top notch.

smuggler
05-11-2014, 11:54 PM
as to your insulting style of posting

woody, he literally has a picture of a man's head exploding as his avatar...

mraynrand
05-12-2014, 01:02 AM
woody, he literally has a picture of a man's head exploding as his avatar...

It's not literally a man's head; it's a rubber facsimile.

denverYooper
05-12-2014, 08:47 AM
A great athlete who struggles to catch the ball? A beginning at least.

Maybe he can also talk to the other rookies about investing in a no-load mutual fund.

Pugger
05-12-2014, 11:00 AM

I hope Janis has more between the ears...

woodbuck27
05-12-2014, 04:59 PM
Read the thread guy:

Your awareness is not top notch.

Suck on this mraynrand;

I don't read what you post as most of it is flippant garbage and not football related. It doesn't contribute positive to Packerrats. Packerrats exists strictly for your self satisfied personal agenda's and enjoyment.

You post for attention because your esteem is low. Your contribution here is by far and for the most part about your personal needs for self gratification. Packerrats is your masturbation and a substitute for your low esteem and impotency. Your sick mraynrand. Inspite of any efforts you've ever made to achieve success at this stage in your life. It's obvious just how disappointed that life has turned out for you. Packerrats gets the backlash of that and the focus of your sickness is too often me. In real life you'd not go there and succeed. I'd go up one side of you and down the other with zero hesitation even as pathetic as you obviously are. Your a despicable rotten to the core person. A miserable human being like no other I've ever had the extreme distaste to have to deal with.

That's where I am with you. I recognize you for the low life you are. I do my very best to ignore you. For the most part I manage to do so; but you attack personally or try to take it to the personal with your low self esteem negative ego compulsions / obsessions.

Your obsessed mraynrand and I reject your negative attention; your hateful stalking demeanor is over the top extreme/sick.

I object to that strongly even as I'm forced to endure you as this forum exists.

Cheesehead Craig
05-12-2014, 05:18 PM
I like how he doesn't get armtackled. At least in highlight reels he doesn't. If that can translate over he could be a huge YAC guy given the rules on defenders.

mraynrand
05-12-2014, 05:39 PM
Suck on this mraynrand;

I don't read what you post as most of it is flippant garbage and not football related. It doesn't contribute positive to Packerrats. Packerrats exists strictly for your self satisfied personal agenda's and enjoyment.

You post for attention because your esteem is low. Your contribution here is by far and for the most part about your personal needs for self gratification. Packerrats is your masturbation and a substitute for your low esteem and impotency. Your sick mraynrand. Inspite of any efforts you've ever made to achieve success at this stage in your life. It's obvious just how disappointed that life has turned out for you. Packerrats gets the backlash of that and the focus of your sickness is too often me. In real life you'd not go there and succeed. I'd go up one side of you and down the other with zero hesitation even as pathetic as you obviously are. Your a despicable rotten to the core person. A miserable human being like no other I've ever had the extreme distaste to have to deal with.

That's where I am with you. I recognize you for the low life you are. I do my very best to ignore you. For the most part I manage to do so; but you attack personally or try to take it to the personal with your low self esteem negative ego compulsions / obsessions.

Your obsessed mraynrand and I reject your negative attention; your hateful stalking demeanor is over the top extreme/sick.

I object to that strongly even as I'm forced to endure you as this forum exists.

Nice post. Stay classy San Diego.

Fritz
05-12-2014, 05:46 PM
Nice post. Stay classy San Diego.

I think he was posting about himself, dude.

"Woody" is very Freudian in that way.

mission
05-12-2014, 08:35 PM
I hope the guy is Jerry Rice, but he looked pretty damn slow in his videos. Maybe that's just deceptive speed or I'm an idiot.

Would love to stash him on PS, but if he has the tools they say he does then that's probably impossible.

smuggler
05-12-2014, 10:20 PM
Taller guys look slower whilst running, but it doesn't matter how it looks, so long as they still cover the ground faster than the other guys.

Guiness
05-12-2014, 10:37 PM
Taller guys look slower whilst running, but it doesn't matter how it looks, so long as they still cover the ground faster than the other guys.

That's why Nelson is a dual threat! He's tall *and* white, so seems slow as hell :lol:
Was that a couple of years ago now that there was a story that Nelson was being underestimated because he's white?

Brandon494
05-12-2014, 11:44 PM
That's why Nelson is a dual threat! He's tall *and* white, so seems slow as hell :lol:
Was that a couple of years ago now that there was a story that Nelson was being underestimated because he's white?

That was just a rumor, its the NFL where they watch film every week before games. The reason why he use to be so wide open was because he use to go against single coverage by opposing teams #3/#4 CBs.

Pugger
05-13-2014, 10:32 AM
I like how he doesn't get armtackled. At least in highlight reels he doesn't. If that can translate over he could be a huge YAC guy given the rules on defenders.

Of course he wasn't playing against top defenders in college so it will be interesting to see how he performs this summer. Did anyone see him play in the Senior Bowl?

Brandon494
05-13-2014, 12:42 PM
Interesting thing about Jeff Janis even though hes a big guy he has very small hands (9'').

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xu_bE7g2wqM

Brandon494
05-13-2014, 12:55 PM
Damn Davante Adams has 9" hands too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yEyOOfdozsM

HarveyWallbangers
05-26-2014, 11:57 PM
His father (who recently died of cancer) was a Packers fan. Kind of interesting how it worked. Thornton, JA, and Linsley all claimed to be Packer fans.

Brandon494
05-27-2014, 12:36 AM
His father (who recently died of cancer) was a Packers fan. Kind of interesting how it worked. Thornton, JA, and Linsley all claimed to be Packer fans.

I saw that video too but his dad was actually a Lions fan, guess he just got caught in the moment and told a white lie. Only reason I know is I was reading an article before the draft and he said how his dad was a Lions fan and it showed a picture of him as a kid in a Lions jersey.

HarveyWallbangers
05-27-2014, 01:17 AM
Well, maybe his Dad was a Lions fan, but couldn't take anymore and jumped on the Packers bandwagon. I guessing a lot of folks in Michigan do that.
:)

woodbuck27
05-27-2014, 11:40 AM

Imagine their excitement then.

woodbuck27
05-27-2014, 11:49 AM
http://www.packers.com/media-center/videos/Jeff_Janis_is_ready_to_play_for_the_Packers/37e2f167-bc93-4b8f-b393-e72c79a93cb8

A Jeff Janis: News Conference