PDA

View Full Version : Another First for Ted Thompson

Patler
05-11-2014, 07:16 AM
This is the first draft for him in Green Bay during which he did not make at least one trade.

woodbuck27
05-11-2014, 07:30 AM
Ted Thompson didn't dilute the quality of his draft and by not trading hopefully remained more focused on the talent he saw and needed for the Green Bay Packers. This draft was deep in terms of talent. Evidence of that is the quality of UFA's (based on Draft Site Grades) available as of the end of Round Seven in the DRAFT.

Soon and hopefully some of that talent will be headed to Green Bay to work hard to make the Packer Roster better.

Ted Thompson's performance in this draft was overall ... outstanding as I saw it from my ability to get into it as a Packer and NFL football fan. I get involved in the draft as best I can and this season did so early.

I'm always working re-working mu mock draft. That helps me be more informed and ready to see the value in how TT picks prospects....the Green Bay Packers new Rookie Class looks to be an exciting watch for all here at Packerrats.

I have some things that made me question his moves but that only came up on two of nine picks.

Overall and me as a Packer fan it's a full hearty...Congratulations Ted Thompson !

GO PACK GO !

Joemailman
05-12-2014, 12:15 PM
2 other firsts:

First Badger
First Safety in the 1st round.

Fritz
05-12-2014, 03:54 PM
First time he openly confessed to relief that a particular player was available when he picked.

Joemailman
05-12-2014, 04:01 PM
First time drafting a player from Saginaw Valley State.

Fritz
05-12-2014, 04:10 PM
First time he looked and sounded human.

Tired, beat, relieved. I think Ted's career as GM is winding down.

denverYooper
05-12-2014, 04:17 PM
First time drafting a player from Saginaw Valley State.

SAGNASTY!

Fritz
05-12-2014, 05:31 PM
You obviously are from Michigan, dyooper.

smuggler
05-12-2014, 09:04 PM
First time he openly confessed to relief that a particular player was available when he picked.

Do you have a source for this? Which player? HaHa? I was definitely relieved, myself.

pbmax
05-12-2014, 09:35 PM
Do you have a source for this? Which player? HaHa? I was definitely relieved, myself.

He gets close here: http://www.packers.com/media-center/videos/Thompson-Clinton-Dix-is-a-real-all-purpose-safety/1357b160-48bd-4ebf-b1f7-320ff464fd75

Mostly, I think, you can sense relief from the griin you get when someone asks whether the Browns called when they were looking to move up for Manziel/Bridgewater. He seems to say, "yeah, we got calls for it, but we weren't moving".

But Fritz might be referencing the fist bump Thompson supposedly shared with someone after the pick got turned in. I haven't seen that video.

smuggler
05-12-2014, 10:19 PM
I like that smile, heh.

Fritz
05-13-2014, 09:54 AM

It's this, from the first JSO piece when Ha-Ha was chosen:

"Finally, it came down to the slot just ahead of Green Bay. What would have been the reaction among the Packers' decision-makers if the New Orleans Saints would have selected safety Ha'Sean "Ha Ha" Clinton-Dix of Alabama with pick No. 20.

'I would have been crushed,' general manager Ted Thompson said."

Read more from Journal Sentinel: http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/Ha-Ha-Clinton-Dix-picked-to-help-fix-back-of-Packers-defense.html#ixzz31bjVEco5
Follow us: @JournalSentinel on Twitter