PDA

View Full Version : trade tramon, nick perry,cobb or jordy for an ILB?

red
05-11-2014, 09:43 AM
we need a real starting caliber ILB, we have tons of talent at WR, CB,and OLB

thoughts on moving one of our now expendable players for a real ILB?

Brandon494
05-11-2014, 09:53 AM
Will never happen.

pbmax
05-11-2014, 10:10 AM
UDFAs to the rescue. Or Barrington.

mraynrand
05-11-2014, 01:43 PM
I think we should draft Shazier

Carolina_Packer
05-11-2014, 02:18 PM

Will you settle for 36 year old Torrance Marshall on a 1 year deal? I think he's got a comeback in him.

KYPack
05-11-2014, 02:31 PM

So did Pitt.

Man, they got a real "Steeler" draft.

woodbuck27
05-11-2014, 02:48 PM
So did Pitt.

Man, they got a real "Steeler" draft.

No kidding KY. They picked Rd. 1 - OLB; Rd. 2 - DE; Rd. 5 - CB and Rd. 6 - ILB and Rd. 6 Comp. DT

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2014/tracker#dt-tabs:dt-by-team/dt-by-position-input:lb/dt-by-name-input:t/dt-by-team-input:pit

They focused hard on improving their near to our (2013 saeson) poor defense.

Bossman641
05-11-2014, 03:31 PM
No fucking way do I trade cobb or jordy to rely on some rookies

Tony Oday
05-11-2014, 03:32 PM
Jordy or Cobb? You live in Denver don't you? Wow...

Pugger
05-11-2014, 08:31 PM
No fucking way do I trade cobb or jordy to rely on some rookies

This all day long.

Cheesehead Craig
05-11-2014, 08:41 PM
I don't think red was clamoring for a rookie, moreso a proven ILB.

That said, I would only consider trading Tramon from your list.

wist43
05-11-2014, 08:51 PM
TT and Capers love Brad Jones and AJ Hawk... they are your starting ILB's for decades to come.

Not only are they your starting ILB's - they never come off the field. Some teams are so crazy they actually take 1 of the ILB's off the field in sub-packages... crazy stuff ;)

Carolina_Packer
05-11-2014, 09:08 PM
TT and Capers love Brad Jones and AJ Hawk... they are your starting ILB's for decades to come.

Not only are they your starting ILB's - they never come off the field. Some teams are so crazy they actually take 1 of the ILB's off the field in sub-packages... crazy stuff ;)

An ILB that plays three downs. Wait, they can do that?

Brandon494
05-11-2014, 10:41 PM
I wonder if we will see Clay at ILB in some packages when Peppers and Neal/Perry are on the field at the same time. Clay is a hell of a pass rusher but he can cover too. Now that we have more pass rushers on the team I think we can afford to have him drop back and cover at times.

smuggler
05-11-2014, 11:27 PM
I have thought that too, Brandon, especially if there are situations where we have four down linemen, he could see more coverage or chase-and-tackle snaps.

Teamcheez1
05-12-2014, 08:11 AM
Read this in the paper this morning:

"The only established starting linebacker on Chicago's roster is 12-year veteran Lance Briggs. The Bears did not select a linebacker during this year's draft, but signed three other undrafted linebackers."

Interesting.

mraynrand
05-12-2014, 08:32 AM
Read this in the paper this morning:

"The only established starting linebacker on Chicago's roster is 12-year veteran Lance Briggs. The Bears did not select a linebacker during this year's draft, but signed three other undrafted linebackers."

Interesting.

I thought for sure they were going to take Shazier.

Brandon494
05-12-2014, 08:36 AM
I thought for sure they were going to take Shazier.

Rumor is Cowboys were ready to draft him right before the Steelers took him.

mraynrand
05-12-2014, 08:45 AM
Rumor is Cowboys were ready to draft him right before the Steelers took him.

I think he's one of the most interesting stories of the draft. Undersized for ILB, generally undersized, but with all kinds of speed and pass-rushing ability. Either the Steelers blew the eval on the guy or the Bears did. I have to believe it's the Bears, especially since they drafted a relative of that Three-Stoogesesque, eye-poking goon Corey Fuller.

Brandon494
05-12-2014, 09:10 AM
I think he's one of the most interesting stories of the draft. Undersized for ILB, generally undersized, but with all kinds of speed and pass-rushing ability. Either the Steelers blew the eval on the guy or the Bears did. I have to believe it's the Bears, especially since they drafted a relative of that Three-Stoogesesque, eye-poking goon Corey Fuller.

Yea I'm a Virginia Tech fan and three of them are currently in the NFL but they have a younger brother playing for the Hokies right now who is going to be better then all of them, future top 10 pick at CB.

RashanGary
05-12-2014, 10:13 AM
I liked Barrington coming out. Neither Hawk nor Jones are that bad. With a strong DL/OLB group and a strong secondary then I think Hawk and Jones are serviceable.

Pugger
05-12-2014, 10:24 AM
If we remember the first few weeks of 2013 our defense was playing pretty well until injuries started to mount. IMO the only real gaping hole on our D was safety and we got the highest ranked kid in the entire draft so I think we did pretty well.

smuggler
05-12-2014, 11:18 AM
Cupboards are pretty bare for the Chicago defense, but they are building up the right unit first... d-line first and then back-seven.

Joemailman
05-12-2014, 12:21 PM
Barrington and Lattimore could both be in the mix this year. Or Bradford. Or Matthews. Such an embarrassment of riches!

Guiness
05-12-2014, 12:32 PM
Barrington and Lattimore could both be in the mix this year. Or Bradford. Or Matthews. Such an embarrassment of riches!

As long as it's an embarrassment of healthy riches:-|

Rutnstrut
05-13-2014, 06:24 PM
I liked Barrington coming out. Neither Hawk nor Jones are that bad. With a strong DL/OLB group and a strong secondary then I think Hawk and Jones are serviceable.

You are right, Jones isn't bad, as that would be a huge upgrade for him. Jones is absolutely terrible, I like Hawk although he isn't outstanding he is solid.

Pugger
05-13-2014, 06:30 PM
Cupboards are pretty bare for the Chicago defense, but they are building up the right unit first... d-line first and then back-seven.

ARod should have fun picking on MD Jennings this year. :lol:

bobblehead
05-13-2014, 07:06 PM
I wonder if we will see Clay at ILB in some packages when Peppers and Neal/Perry are on the field at the same time. Clay is a hell of a pass rusher but he can cover too. Now that we have more pass rushers on the team I think we can afford to have him drop back and cover at times.

This was my thought after we signed Peppers. It allows us to use Clay in coverage sometimes.

bobblehead
05-13-2014, 07:09 PM

Agree to an extent. They are ok as the weak point of your defense. The guys you would like to improve upon, but can live with.