PDA

View Full Version : Unofficial Jake Doughty Thread

Carolina_Packer
05-12-2014, 10:49 PM
Our new free agent LB from Utah State is certainly a character.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7g3aV0B-U2M

Look at him light up a kicker on an onside kick! Look for #51 in White. That's our guy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pGVsVnMWwjU

If nothing else, he might make training camp fun.

Look how productive he was:

Doughty (DOUBT-ee), 22, earned first-team All-Mountain West honors in 2013 after recording 148 tackles (42 solo), including 12 tackles for a loss, two sacks, two forced fumbles and a fumble recovery. He ranked second in the nation (FBS) in tackles and his tackle total was good for fourth all-time in the history of the conference. As a junior in 2012, he earned first-team All-Western Athletic Conference recognition after ranking second in the conference with 109 tackles (36 solo). -from Packers.com

pbmax
05-13-2014, 08:53 AM
Is Utah State where the Badgers got Gary Anderson from? Wonder if there was a sharing of info on that one. He and McCarthy met up at the Wisconsin Sports Awards a few weeks back.

run pMc
05-13-2014, 09:38 AM
Pretty sure they won't let him hit Crosby like that. I could see him being a camp favorite with fans.

Fritz
05-13-2014, 09:41 AM
Pretty sure they won't let him hit Crosby like that. I could see him being a camp favorite with fans.

No Doughty.

Guiness
05-13-2014, 10:17 AM
Look at him light up a kicker on an onside kick! Look for #51 in White. That's our guy!

Good lines from the announcers talking about the kicker and if there should be a penalty
Announcer 1: He's not a defenseless player. He's a guy who's jogging down the field not looking at the...
Announcer 2: He's a guy who's hearing the phone ring right now, is what he is.:bang:

pbmax
05-13-2014, 12:59 PM
Good play, bad technique. I will allow it.

ThunderDan
05-13-2014, 01:22 PM
Good lines from the announcers talking about the kicker and if there should be a penalty
Announcer 1: He's not a defenseless player. He's a guy who's jogging down the field not looking at the...
Announcer 2: He's a guy who's hearing the phone ring right now, is what he is.:bang:

I don't have sound at work but did they really say that? That is the classic two man wedge let the kicker fall on it after 10 yards play. Hell yeah, Doughty should have and did light the kicker up.

Guiness
05-13-2014, 02:12 PM
I don't have sound at work but did they really say that? That is the classic two man wedge let the kicker fall on it after 10 yards play. Hell yeah, Doughty should have and did light the kicker up.

yup, verbatim! Not sure what the kicker was thinking, as the announcer said he seemed to just be jogging down the field, just sort of watching the ball bounce.

Cheesehead Craig
05-13-2014, 03:07 PM
yup, verbatim! Not sure what the kicker was thinking, as the announcer said he seemed to just be jogging down the field, just sort of watching the ball bounce.

I think the penalty actually was that the kicking team touched the ball before it went 10 yds. Flag wasn't even on Doughty.

Bretsky
05-13-2014, 10:11 PM
If he knocks Just a Jag Jones off the roster he'll be my favorite player

pittstang5
05-14-2014, 07:12 AM
Something I learned - He graduate with a degree in Mechanical Engineering. Not something alot of football players get a degree in, if they get a degree at all.

This is another player that I'm going to be watching very closely in preseason. I'm jumping on the bandwagon, making a push to drive it, who's with me?

Brandon494
05-14-2014, 12:41 PM
Sorry but you have to show me more then him laying out a kicker for him having a shot on our team, I like the ILB Joe Thomas over this guy. Also all those tackles don't impress me when only a small % of them are solo tackles. That being said I wouldn't mind smoking a joint with the guy.

http://www.filmforum.org/images/content/films/Fast_Times_Ridgemont_1268.jpg

Alright Hamilton!

mraynrand
05-14-2014, 03:06 PM
^^^ that was blunt

Fritz
05-14-2014, 04:25 PM
A training camp guy, methinks.

pbmax
05-14-2014, 06:17 PM
He looks like he could be Phil Mickelson's brother. Not a big fan of FIGJAM.