PDA

View Full Version : Official Adrian Hubbard Thread

pbmax
05-25-2014, 08:27 AM
http://photographyblog.dallasnews.com/files/2012/09/NS_01Bama_JUMPlede.jpg

Red antagonizing Maize and Blue. I like this photo.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2013/profiles/adrian-hubbard?id=2543686

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/1737472/adrian-hubbard

STRENGTHS: Lanky pass rusher who boasts good combination of length, athleticism and versatility. Provides scheme versatility with experience lining up at end as well as outside linebacker.

Generally uses his speed to beat tackles off the corner, but can surprise them with a strong bull rush and flashes a quick inside cut to complement both. Surprisingly effective against the run, showing good knee bend when taking on blocks, as well as the strong, long arms to take on, shed and make the tackle when the ballcarrier is near.

Generates power on contact, pushing ballcarriers backward. Was often asked to drop into coverage, showing light enough feet, balance and speed to contribute in this role at the next level.

WEAKNESSES: Bit of a wild card in that he is not extraordinary in any one category and was inconsistent throughout 2013. Lacks an explosive first step, isn't very sudden when asked to redirect in space and won't overwhelm opponents with elite quickness or agility.

COMPARES TO: Dion Jordan, OLB, Dolphins - Hubbard's combination of length, flexibility and power could earn him comparisons to the former Oregon star, the No. 3 overall pick in 2013 by the Dolphins. Hubbard isn't as explosive off the snap as Jordan (in fact, Hubbard is often slow off the ball) but his long gait does help him build speed quickly and he has some bend to avoid blocks.

-- Rob Rang

PLAYER OVERVIEW

Hubbard finished his junior year with 33 tackles and three sacks as the Tide's SAM linebacker and has several questions to answer regarding his range and reaction quickness.

Scouts will be intrigued with Hubbard's length at nearly 6-feet-6, but there was surprisingly little muscular development on his 255-pound frame at the Senior Bowl. For a player coming off a disappointing junior season who still elected to enter the NFL Draft with a year of collegiate eligibility remaining, it wasn't the best impression to make.

pbmax
05-25-2014, 08:30 AM
COMBINE RESULTS
40 YD 20 YD 10 YD BENCH VERT BROAD SHUTTLE 3-CD
4.66 2.59 1.61 - 38 1/2 9'9" - -
WORKOUT RESULTS
40 YD 20 YD 10 YD BENCH VERT BROAD SHUTTLE 3-CD
- - - - - - 4.58 -

pbmax
05-25-2014, 08:31 AM
Whew, all that to post this:

Adrian Hubbard thought he’d go in Rounds 2-4, went undrafted (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/05/25/adrian-hubbard-thought-hed-go-in-rounds-2-4-went-undrafted/)

Hubbard told the Green Bay Press-Gazette that when he decided to leave Alabama despite having another year of NCAA eligibility, he had been told by the NFL draft advisory board that he projected as a second-, third- or fourth-round pick.

But that’s not how it played out. His medical checkup at the Scouting Combine revealed a minor heart abnormality, and although Hubbard is cleared to play, that might have worried some teams. There were also reports that teams had issues with Hubbard’s personality and work ethic.

pbmax
05-25-2014, 08:44 AM
MUSIC!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ic1KLgvEt4

ESPN MUSIC
http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=10886998

2012 vs. Georgia

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MLUT23l3sHs

pbmax
05-25-2014, 08:46 AM
2012 vs. LSU (did not see 2013 games listed)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ceh48cAQVfY

HIS COMBINE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7fkxSAAN8Qg

woodbuck27
05-25-2014, 09:03 AM
http://photographyblog.dallasnews.com/files/2012/09/NS_01Bama_JUMPlede.jpg

Red antagonizing Maize and Blue. I like this photo.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2013/profiles/adrian-hubbard?id=2543686

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/1737472/adrian-hubbard

STRENGTHS: Lanky pass rusher who boasts good combination of length, athleticism and versatility. Provides scheme versatility with experience lining up at end as well as outside linebacker.

Generally uses his speed to beat tackles off the corner, but can surprise them with a strong bull rush and flashes a quick inside cut to complement both. Surprisingly effective against the run, showing good knee bend when taking on blocks, as well as the strong, long arms to take on, shed and make the tackle when the ballcarrier is near.

Generates power on contact, pushing ballcarriers backward. Was often asked to drop into coverage, showing light enough feet, balance and speed to contribute in this role at the next level.

WEAKNESSES: Bit of a wild card in that he is not extraordinary in any one category and was inconsistent throughout 2013. Lacks an explosive first step, isn't very sudden when asked to redirect in space and won't overwhelm opponents with elite quickness or agility.

COMPARES TO: Dion Jordan, OLB, Dolphins - Hubbard's combination of length, flexibility and power could earn him comparisons to the former Oregon star, the No. 3 overall pick in 2013 by the Dolphins. Hubbard isn't as explosive off the snap as Jordan (in fact, Hubbard is often slow off the ball) but his long gait does help him build speed quickly and he has some bend to avoid blocks.

-- Rob Rang

PLAYER OVERVIEW

Hubbard finished his junior year with 33 tackles and three sacks as the Tide's SAM linebacker and has several questions to answer regarding his range and reaction quickness.

Scouts will be intrigued with Hubbard's length at nearly 6-feet-6, but there was surprisingly little muscular development on his 255-pound frame at the Senior Bowl. For a player coming off a disappointing junior season who still elected to enter the NFL Draft with a year of collegiate eligibility remaining, it wasn't the best impression to make.

Finally ...... a Rugby (strong) player. Screw the helmut.

woodbuck27
05-25-2014, 09:06 AM
Whew, all that to post this:

Adrian Hubbard thought he’d go in Rounds 2-4, went undrafted (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/05/25/adrian-hubbard-thought-hed-go-in-rounds-2-4-went-undrafted/)

Did he come out too early?

Didn't he need to show the NFL more in college ball?

Guiness
05-25-2014, 11:48 AM
Did he come out too early?

Didn't he need to show the NFL more in college ball?

He had a (I'm guessing previously unknown?) heart abnormality, and he came across like a tool in interviews, so teams dropped him down/off their boards.

mraynrand
05-25-2014, 01:01 PM
PBmax, good to see you are "watching some tape" on Old M-Fer Hubbard.

pbmax
05-25-2014, 06:19 PM
PBmax, good to see you are "watching some tape" on Old M-Fer Hubbard.

Nah, I never watch the clips I post.

Joemailman
05-25-2014, 08:05 PM
Nah, I never watch the clips I post.

Ah, the Matt Millen Method.

Fritz
05-26-2014, 08:07 AM
He had a (I'm guessing previously unknown?) heart abnormality, and he came across like a tool in interviews, so teams dropped him down/off their boards.

I wonder how Ted & Co. wade through the various players' toolishness to decide who's "Packer People" and who isn't.

How is Colt Lyerla or Adrian Hubbard worth a shot - maybe a "troubled guy" or a "misled guy" and not an asshat who doesn't belong in an upstanding organization like the Green Bay Packers?

I wonder if Ted's crazy eyes bore through these guys and see to the inner self. Of course, Ted's crazy eyes don't seem to look at anyone directly, so he's probably staring through their rotator cuffs or something.

But I will root for this guy. Maybe he's the sleeper everyone else missed on. I do like his length - maybe he can give Andy Mulumba a run for his backup money.

Joemailman
05-26-2014, 08:53 AM
I'm not real excited about Hubbard. Seems like a guy who underachieved in college. Seems to do okay setting an outside edge on running plays. I don't see much else. Hope I'm wrong.

Brandon494
05-26-2014, 11:02 AM
I'm not real excited about Hubbard. Seems like a guy who underachieved in college. Seems to do okay setting an outside edge on running plays. I don't see much else. Hope I'm wrong.

I don't see him being a starter but he'll be a upgrade over Mulumba and Palmer.

woodbuck27
05-27-2014, 11:54 AM
I wonder how Ted & Co. wade through the various players' toolishness to decide who's "Packer People" and who isn't.

How is Colt Lyerla or Adrian Hubbard worth a shot - maybe a "troubled guy" or a "misled guy" and not an asshat who doesn't belong in an upstanding organization like the Green Bay Packers?

I wonder if Ted's crazy eyes bore through these guys and see to the inner self. Of course, Ted's crazy eyes don't seem to look at anyone directly, so he's probably staring through their rotator cuffs or something.

But I will root for this guy. Maybe he's the sleeper everyone else missed on. I do like his length - maybe he can give Andy Mulumba a run for his backup money.

It's all about the competition and the CREAM RISING.

mraynrand
05-27-2014, 12:43 PM
It's all about the competition and the CREAM RISING.

doesn't this belong in the Clinton-Dix thread?

HarveyWallbangers
05-27-2014, 04:59 PM

I'm with you. The size and measurables get you excited, but then you see little on the highlights that excite you.

woodbuck27
05-27-2014, 07:45 PM

Ahh man !

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTHsM9ioL4tACZ8g7uljlM2rAcala707 BhpCIPz6A2bE6mT5Ec7

"Cream" the kind that comes from a Dairy Cow. The kind we grew up with if we ever lived on a farm.

mraynrand:

That's a Pic of a Jersey Cow. They have nicer eyes than Monica and moo better.

bobblehead
05-27-2014, 08:02 PM

think the cream splatters in that thread...and stains blue dresses.

mraynrand
05-27-2014, 10:37 PM
That's a Pic of a Jersey Cow. They have nicer eyes than Monica and moo better.

That was funny. repped. ( Although I don't want to know how you know! ;) )

woodbuck27
05-27-2014, 11:28 PM
That was funny. repped. ( Although I don't want to know how you know! ;) )

My grandparents (paternal and maternal) were dairy farmers.

I had an uncle who supplied the milk to the Central Blissville, Fredericton Junction and Tracy communities in New Brunswick, Canada.

I grew up around livestock.

vince
05-30-2014, 12:15 AM
I don't see him being a starter but he'll be a upgrade over Mulumba and Palmer.
That'd be great because I think Mulumba has some upside. I can't claim to have spent any time doing anything other than watching a couple highlight tapes and reviewing a few regurgitated "scouting" reports published by those who only get paid in ad clicks for their content rather than by an actual NFL team, but he looks/feels to me like an underachiever on the field relative to what his measurable might tempt the talking heads to speculate about.

The fact that he was never projected to be a sure-fire first rounder and quit school anyway, along with the rumored concerns about his work ethic and personality, combined with his underwhelming tape AND the heart eurythmia or whatever he was diagnosed with, and this guy seems to have flags everywhere you look in terms of projecting his future on the field. Everything to like about the guy is obvious only when he's in his under armor and track shoes. All the flags seem to be above the neck and when he actually has cleats on. But hey, he's definitely worth a UDFA look-see to see if he's still filling out his body and potential.

HarveyWallbangers
05-30-2014, 12:41 AM
That'd be great because I think Mulumba has some upside. I can't claim to have spent any time doing anything other than watching a couple highlight tapes and reviewing a few regurgitated "scouting" reports published by those who only get paid in ad clicks for their content rather than by an actual NFL team, but he looks/feels to me like an underachiever on the field relative to what his measurable might tempt the talking heads to speculate about.

The fact that he was never projected to be a sure-fire first rounder and quit school anyway, along with the rumored concerns about his work ethic and personality, combined with his underwhelming tape AND the heart eurythmia or whatever he was diagnosed with, and this guy seems to have flags everywhere you look in terms of projecting his future on the field. Everything to like about the guy is obvious only when he's in his under armor and track shoes. All the flags seem to be above the neck and when he actually has cleats on. But hey, he's definitely worth a UDFA look-see to see if he's still filling out his body and potential.

To be fair, he did have a first round draft projection before the year by some:
http://www.sbnation.com/nfl-mock-draft/2013/7/11/4512080/adrian-hubbard-2014-nfl-draft-preseason-scouting-report

Hubbard is an athletic player off the edge that has a chance to contribute in the NFL as a pass rusher. His schematic fit will be determined by how he develops this season both physically and mentally on and off the field. Alabama may feature him more in the defense this season and give him a chance to put up even more impressive numbers. His talent gives him a preseason first-round projection. That hinges on him continuing the upward trend in his development that he displayed a year ago.

Also, he was much better in 2012 than 2013. In 2012 he had 11 tackles for loss, 7 sacks, and 3 forced fumbles--which were all team highs on the Crimson Tide's 2012 championship team.

vince
05-30-2014, 01:18 AM
OK then. Shows what I know.

Though the fact that he didn't finish strong - and didn't finish school at all despite not putting his best foot forward might show a character flaw that some would use to project future performance. He's not very strong I don't believe.... A guy with a ton of length and raw ability maybe can excel against college linemen (and with a bunch of really good guys executing well next to him), but notwithstanding his early college performance, it seems to me like it'll take him all of his ability plus a ton of really hard work in the weight room and on the practice field to excel at the next level. It seems that some aren't convinced he has the fortitude and follow-through to get it done.

woodbuck27
05-30-2014, 04:42 AM
I'm with you. The size and measurables get you excited, but then you see little on the highlights that excite you.

RE: Rookie LB Adrian Hubbard

Former Alabama Crimson Tide teammate Hasean "Ha Ha" Clinton-Dix seem to like this fellas chances:

Hubbard is used to the 3-4 scheme or the same that the Alabama Crimson Tide run. There’s some new terminology to learn, but the core principles are similar.

“They definitely got a steal in that guy. He plays fast and he’s a very smart guy. He knows the defense probably already here coming out of the system we came out of. He’s ahead of a lot of people, so I think they got a steal. He’s going to work hard and do whatever it takes.” .... Hasean "Ha Ha" Clinton - Dix

That's all good and fine but look at the Pic of Rookie TE Colt Lyeria standing Adrian Hubbard up? No ..... lifting him up !:

http://www.packersnews.com/article/20140522/PKR01/305220365/Undrafted-LB-Hubbard-s-about-where-you-finish-?nclick_check=1

Green Bay Packers tight end Colt Lyerla (49), left, and linebacker Adrian Hubbard (49) runs drills during rookie orientation camp inside the Don Hutson Center. / Evan Siegle/Press-Gazette Media

Does that image look encouraging?

It does to me if your puling for rookie Colt Lyeria..that fella is strong. LB Adrian Hubbard needs a better anchor.

Hubbard is 6'-6 " and will get stood up unless his coaches can teach him certain technique and that's been the knock against him or is he coachable? He better be all of that. He's certainly produced decent results as a College LBer but this is the NFL and maybe another season of college ball might have done more to season Adrian Hubbard. I know he completed his degree; but today it takes a Masters Degree to work out better in the real world.