PDA

View Full Version : relax..... its only preseason....

packers11
08-28-2006, 10:58 PM
Tonight was a disaster..... Not only did everyone drop passes, but also our secondary did not even show up to the game...... But we all have to relax.... I remember when the patriots went 0-4 in preseason a couple years ago and I was so happy because I HATE the bandwagon fans along with the team... The first game they played was against Buffalo and lost it 31-0 ... The next game they lost and they were 0-2...... Everyone counted them out blah blah blah and so on but they went on to win the Superbowl....

Its not time to hit the panic button yet....

Thoughts??

By the way : HARRIS has not lost a step at all... Poor chad could not even get 1 catch, on the other hand... Woodson :sad:

MJZiggy
08-28-2006, 11:00 PM
Could someone mention that you're supposed to put your arms AROUND the ballcarrier and take him to the turf rather than bouncing against him and watching him run away?

b bulldog
08-28-2006, 11:01 PM
It is early but like last year, the talent is very young or not there yet.

woodbuck27
08-28-2006, 11:03 PM
Could someone mention that you're supposed to put your arms AROUND the ballcarrier and take him to the turf rather than bouncing against him and watching him run away?

Who was most guilty of the one arm... " I wanna be your bud " tackle MJ?

Which player or player's NOT?

Packnut
08-28-2006, 11:03 PM

One would think that tackling fundamentals would have been the first thing taught, but I guess Mr Sanders believes in the OLE style of tackling. God I miss Bates..........

MJZiggy
08-28-2006, 11:04 PM
For just getting tossed in at FB this week, Samkon did a nice job with it in the 3rd. I missed his TD, was it pretty?

potsdam_11
08-28-2006, 11:07 PM
First game that I have seen this year... Cincy looks like the team they were last year, and easily a SB contender for this season.The Packers on the other hand, look like a very young team, coached by a bunch of first timers...

It's going to be a painful learning curve, and this wasn't the opponent you need to bolster your confidence... Be patient, occasionally there will be a great play to get excited about, and after 8 games... we should see some sort of improvement.. or not...

Brainerd
08-28-2006, 11:09 PM

One would think that tackling fundamentals would have been the first thing taught, but I guess Mr Sanders believes in the OLE style of tackling. God I miss Bates..........

Don't we all miss Bates? The DC should be the first cut tomorrow. Never should have been hired. Since when did the definition of Packer people include incompetence.

No Mo Moss
08-28-2006, 11:51 PM
I think that the game plan was still pretty minimal. Seems like they were focused on blitz penetration and covering Chad Johnson. Maybe I'm wrong.

gbgary
08-29-2006, 12:05 AM
relax..... its only preseason....

yeah...that wasn't the 5th game of the season and that wasn't the new orleans saints out there. we weren't gonna hang 50 on the bengals. the tackling was the worst, turn-overs killed us, and a defense that spent way too much time on the field (3 and out, 3 and out) were the keys.

BallHawk
08-29-2006, 06:20 AM

Who was most guilty of the one arm... " I wanna be your bud " tackle MJ?

Which player or player's NOT?

I honestly can't think of ONE player that didn't miss a tickle. Manuel was tackling like he was still in Pee-Wee, Barnett missed a few but made some good ones, Nick Collins was probably the best.

wist43
08-29-2006, 07:40 AM
It's going to be like this for a while.

There is a learning curve in any new organization... I don't care if you're company makes tires, cell phones, or plays football. A new regime = inefficiencey, waste, and miscommunication. That's just a fact of doing business - it takes time.

Beyond that, they're talent deprived in two critical areas - OL and DL. As I've been saying, as everyone knows, the OL is shockingly disjointed and will take A LOT of time to jell, and the DL can't rush the pass.

Even if they didn't have a new coaching staff, not being able to run the ball, and not being able to rush the passer, are two incredients in the recipe for disaster.

This is not a good football team.

Favre4
08-29-2006, 07:46 AM
I like how people conjure up memories of the defense under Bates being the steel curtain. A defensed that got disected by Trent Dilfer and Kyle Boller.

Cobra Kai
08-29-2006, 08:00 AM
These last two games unfortunately are going to be the norm for this team this season. Because of the inexperience of the young players and the new coaches, you are going to have this Jekyll and Hyde type team. They'll flash potential and raise hopes one week, only to follow it by imploding and crushing any new formed optimism the next week.

The last few years this team has trouble over coming adversity during the course of a game. The sense of panic settles in early after a couple of miscues and everything crumbles. It is going to take time to change that panicky behavior in holdovers from the old regime, especially for a veteran QB stuck in his ways. I have optimism though (even after last nights debacle) that things will change and for the better, its just going to take time and probably the bulk of this season. The growing pains won't be pretty but they will pay dividends in the future...

wist43
08-29-2006, 08:26 AM
I like how people conjure up memories of the defense under Bates being the steel curtain. A defensed that got disected by Trent Dilfer and Kyle Boller.

I'm not a big fan of this defensive scheme... It works well if you have 4 stud DL, but how often are the stars going to align to allow that to happen???

Beyond that, to build that type of DL, you're going to have to expend multiple high draft picks and strain your salary cap to make it happen.

I'm more and more convinced that the 3-4 is a more viable alignment in today's NFL - in terms of flexibility on the field, less pressure to expend high picks on DL, and also with respect to the salary cap.

Finding fast, tough LB's is much easier - and cheaper - than trying year after year to hit on DE's.

jack's smirking revenge
08-29-2006, 09:01 AM

I'm more and more convinced that the 3-4 is a more viable alignment in today's NFL - in terms of flexibility on the field, less pressure to expend high picks on DL, and also with respect to the salary cap.

Finding fast, tough LB's is much easier - and cheaper - than trying year after year to hit on DE's.

I agree and have thought this for a while now.

tyler