PDA

View Full Version : Jerel Worthy Family Tragedy

Carolina_Packer
05-30-2014, 07:27 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/05/30/jerel-worthys-grandmother-accidentally-shot-and-killed-by-grandfather/

Looks like his grandfather accidentally killed his grandmother cleaning a gun. Prayers to Jerel and his family. That's rough.

red
05-30-2014, 08:42 PM
if it wasn't so tragic you could almost laugh about it. seems like something out of ripley's believe it or not

he was cleaning the gun, it goes off, through at least one wall, down the hall, and hit her, who was at the other end of the house

what are the odds?

bobblehead
05-30-2014, 09:05 PM
100% as it turns out.

Was going to call bullshit as 99% of the time the "accidental cleaning killing" is cover up, but after reading the story its tragic. I can't imagine living with myself if I killed a loved one by accident. Prayers to him in coping.

pbmax
05-31-2014, 09:29 AM
I don't understand how people are cleaning a loaded gun. Its hard to work around a round in the chamber.

woodbuck27
05-31-2014, 09:44 AM
A tragedy for the man the family and friends; but we can all learn from such things as this.

A loaded gun in a home? Who does that .... and why? It takes seconds to load a gun in any emergency situation. it takes a split second to discharge that loaded gun in a dangerous setting like a home.

I have to write that's simply a STUPID thing to do. That 's utter carelessness.

Jerel Worthy is suffering for that. That's very sad.

cheesner
05-31-2014, 10:23 AM
If it was a semi auto pistol, you fill your clip but leave the chamber empty. When you need, you slide the action back to chamber a round. A common fuck up when cleaning is to open the action and see there is no round in there, but as you release the action, a round is chambered from the clip. Now it is loaded and you think it is empty.

Very sad for the whole family. Can't imagine facing the rest of my family knowing I did something like that. Feel very sorry for him especially.

Guiness
05-31-2014, 05:07 PM
I sometimes wonder what is meant by 'cleaning a gun' when these accidents happen. What are they doing, dusting the damn thing? I've only ever had long guns, and cleaning meant running a brush and some cleaning pads through the bore to remove any residue, and you'd certainly notice if there was a bullet in the chamber when you tried to do that!

I guess if you've got a nickel plated handgun you want to clean fingerprints off it, the safety could be off, hit the trigger...damn, it just seems like a lot of things have to go wrong!

woodbuck27
06-01-2014, 09:08 AM
I sometimes wonder what is meant by 'cleaning a gun' when these accidents happen. What are they doing, dusting the damn thing? I've only ever had long guns, and cleaning meant running a brush and some cleaning pads through the bore to remove any residue, and you'd certainly notice if there was a bullet in the chamber when you tried to do that!

I guess if you've got a nickel plated handgun you want to clean fingerprints off it, the safety could be off, hit the trigger...damn, it just seems like a lot of things have to go wrong!

NOT if your stupid/careless.