PDA

View Full Version : Tiger Woods will still Break Jack Nicklaus' Record of Major Wins?

woodbuck27
06-01-2014, 09:32 AM
http://www.rantsports.com/golf/2014/05/31/tiger-woods-will-never-be-the-same-but-will-still-break-jack-nicklaus-record/

Tiger Woods Will Never Be the Same, But Will Still Break Jack Nicklaus’ Record

May 31, 2014 6:21 pm EDT by Trevor Lowry

Comment woodbuck27:

Do you think that Tiger Woods will break this record of number of wins?

red
06-01-2014, 11:28 AM
i don't think he'll win anymore majors, in fact, i think his playing career is very close to being over

Joemailman
06-01-2014, 12:38 PM
He had a bad knee. He now has a bad back. No more majors.

Patler
06-01-2014, 03:57 PM
A few years ago he seemed like a virtual lock to break the record, maybe even bury it deep. He was young, tenacious, focused and a fitness freak. Things changed quickly.

red
06-01-2014, 06:02 PM
A few years ago he seemed like a virtual lock to break the record, maybe even bury it deep. He was young, tenacious, focused and a fitness freak. Things changed quickly.

his swing relied too much on flexibility and brute force imo. now that he's getting older, his body can't handle that kind of swing anymore, and it has already taken its toll.

even if he manages to rebuild his swing again and comes back with something less stressful, i don't know if his body can take on the full load anymore

plus, there's just way too many young talented guys on the tour these days who's bodies haven't fallen apart yet

Joemailman
06-01-2014, 06:06 PM

Woods used to win majors on Friday and Saturday, and then defend his lead on Sunday. Now he can't put together 3 decent rounds at a major on Thu-Sat. He's seldom in contention going into Sunday.

red
06-01-2014, 06:14 PM
Woods used to win majors on Friday and Saturday, and then defend his lead on Sunday. Now he can't put together 3 decent rounds at a major on Thu-Sat. He's seldom in contention going into Sunday.

plus he had that intimidation factor where people believed he couldn't be beat. guys use to crumble under the pressure of him being close to them on the leader board

i think that invincible aura around him is long gone

woodbuck27
06-01-2014, 10:11 PM
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/golf/article-2642230/Tiger-Woods-pulls-US-Open-order-continue-rehabilitation-surgery.html

Tiger Woods pulls out of US Open in order to continue rehabilitation from back surgery

** Golfer withdraws from next month's US Open following back surgery

** Woods last week indicated that he would be fit to compete

** He underwent microdiscectomy surgery for a pinched nerve in his back
Back surgery meant he missed the Masters for the first time in his career

By: Mike Dawes

Published: 23:28 GMT, 28 May 2014 | Updated: 09:00 GMT, 29 May 2014

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tiger_Woods

Tiger Woods (born December 30, 1975)

this year he will be 39 years of age.

http://golf.about.com/od/progolftours/qt/oldestmajorm.htm

Oldest Golfers to Win Major Championship (Men)

PGA Tour Records: Oldest Major Winners

With the above information it may be argued that he has time to get it done; but he must be patient and get fortunate with a successful therapy.

As red posted his problem was once his strength or the hard whipping swing that generated such incredible club head speed and distance off the tee. He has to give serious consideration to changing his swing for any real chance.

Back injuries aren't good by any means. in terms of doing anything even moderately physical.

Best results in Major Championships (Wins: 14)

Masters Tournament
Won: 1997, 2001, 2002, 2005

U.S. Open
Won: 2000, 2002, 2008

The Open Championship (The British Open)
Won: 2000, 2005, 2006

PGA Championship
Won: 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007

He's won 14 majors and four (4) of those since the 2005 season. A long wait....Tiger Woods last win was five years ago (in 2008 he won his third US Open) and he's virtually not played this season. Last time I checked he wasn't ranked in the Top Two hundred PGA Tour players.

Will he win another major? I believe a lot must change for him. Maybe he's lost that "FIRE" with the sudden trouble revealed so publicly in his personal life.

I'm leaning on the possibilities giving his status (ranking among all his peers in the game last season and the belief that he'll get it done (or repair) correctly with al the knowledge and rehabilitation available today. he must dedicate himself or focus entirely on his golf game. That means not be distracted by the social life he now is stapping himself with. That means focusing again on Tiger Woods and his golf game. Allowing for the "Nay Sayers" to challenge him.

If I had to bet on another Major win and Tiger Woods.

I'd bet "YES".