PDA

View Full Version : Packers Change Family Night from Scrimmage to Practice

pbmax
06-05-2014, 08:39 AM
Jason Wilde @jasonjwilde · 44m
Just my $.02, but #Packers Family Night "changes" not really major. Has always been glorified practice. I guess no @toddrundgren after TDs?

Jason Wilde @jasonjwilde · 43m
The 11-on-11 live-tackling team periods still competitive. Now, plays will be scripted except for 2-minute drill. But to me, that's minor.

Jason Wilde @jasonjwilde · 41m
Also, per #Packers, Family Night will still be televised by @fox11sports and disseminated statewide, including on @fox6now in Milwaukee.

pbmax
06-05-2014, 08:39 AM
OK. Having pieced together the conversation, this video is of Family Night last year, but Wilde thinks this might be the sequence where Bulaga got hurt.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dj7AA0F5uXI

woodbuck27
06-05-2014, 11:28 AM
Good plan.

Cleft Crusty
06-05-2014, 11:45 AM
Cleft Crusty has learned that the NFL network still plans to carry Family Night Practice and that Mike Mayock vows to be sufficiently intense about it.

woodbuck27
06-05-2014, 11:48 AM
Cleft Crusty has learned that the NFL network still plans to carry Family Night Practice and that Mike Mayock vows to be sufficiently intense about it.

Mike Mayock is fully informed.

To be so he musn't skip a beat in anything NFL.

Just Jeff
06-05-2014, 11:56 AM
If they're going to do this, they should have at least provided fans with lube. Its not the same thing, even almost.

mraynrand
06-05-2014, 12:01 PM
OK. Having pieced together the conversation, this video is of Family Night last year, but Wilde thinks this might be the sequence where Bulaga got hurt.

I was expecting a UFO sighting

pbmax
06-05-2014, 12:37 PM
I was expecting a UFO sighting

Twitter conversations and UFO sightings have a lot in common. You are usually alone, its late, etc.

red
06-05-2014, 06:07 PM
heres a glaring example of the team being scared of injuries to the point they are changing family night to try and cut down on injuries

ITS THE FUCKING MEDICAL/TRAINING STAFF!!!!!!!!!!

CHANGE THEM, AND QUIT BEING A BUNCH OF FUCKING PUSSIES, its football for fucks sake

maybe the players wouldn't get hurt all the time if they learned to toughen up and not just be a bunch of pussies prancing around all the time

mraynrand
06-05-2014, 09:29 PM
Twitter conversations and UFO sightings have a lot in common. You are usually alone, its late, etc.

I was referring to the low quality shaky nature of the video. but what you wrote is true too.

As an aside, since the camera phone became ubiquitous, UFO sightings have dropped dramatically. With everyone having a phone, UFOs could easily be 'verified' but people can't do it.

Joemailman
06-05-2014, 11:34 PM
heres a glaring example of the team being scared of injuries to the point they are changing family night to try and cut down on injuries

ITS THE FUCKING MEDICAL/TRAINING STAFF!!!!!!!!!!

CHANGE THEM, AND QUIT BEING A BUNCH OF FUCKING PUSSIES, its football for fucks sake

maybe the players wouldn't get hurt all the time if they learned to toughen up and not just be a bunch of pussies prancing around all the time

How do you know it has anything to do with injuries? It's a practice with full pads. I don't know that the hitting will be much different than a scrimmage.

pbmax
06-06-2014, 12:47 AM
I was referring to the low quality shaky nature of the video. but what you wrote is true too.

As an aside, since the camera phone became ubiquitous, UFO sightings have dropped dramatically. With everyone having a phone, UFOs could easily be 'verified' but people can't do it.

It is kinda stunning people aren't faking more UFOs with camera phones.

bobblehead
06-06-2014, 12:53 AM
I'm waiting for the announcement that the packers are going to make all home games flag football to cut down on injury risk. I put this right up there with eliminating tackling drills so the players will be more willing on gameday...I mean, not practicing something like contact clearly will make you better at it on sunday.

Joemailman
07-01-2014, 08:06 AM
http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/265304761.html

Family Night sold out. Apparently people don't mind it being a practice instead of a scrimmage. Not really surprising. Kids get to see the Packers in Lambeau Field. And they get a fireworks show. That's pretty much what's it all about.

pbmax
07-01-2014, 09:24 AM
You know, they could retire Favre's jersey at Family Night. Kind of an anniversary date, don't you think?