PDA

View Full Version : THIS TEAM JUST BLEW TONIGHT!

LEWCWA
08-28-2006, 11:41 PM
IN EVERY PHASE OF THE GAME!!!

LEWCWA
08-28-2006, 11:42 PM
Jennings looked like a rookie to me, the bad thing so did Fergy!!!

Bretsky
08-28-2006, 11:43 PM
Yes, they were terrible. But remember they were playing a very good team. We certainly didn't measure up to a good team tonight.

What is most concerning to me right now is last year's Bates led defense looks 10x more competent than a defense that has far more talent this year.

B

HarveyWallbangers
08-28-2006, 11:47 PM
Ugly game. Got some bad breaks early and it kind of snowballed. It happens. Young team started pressing. They played a very good team in Cincinnati on the road. Cincinnati really came to play tonight (aggressive defense, no huddle offense, Palmer's return, etc.). We certainly don't measure up to their standards yet, but just like last week I'm not going to go overboard. This team was in 15 of 16 games last year--yet found a way to lose 48-3 to an average Baltimore team. It happens. I'll be interested in seeing how they come out next week.

Cheesehead Craig
08-28-2006, 11:50 PM
Next week is mostly for the backups anyway. Likely just 2-3 series for the starters, so not much we'll be able to tell.

VegasPackFan
08-28-2006, 11:51 PM
Harv:

team was in 15 of 16 games last year--yet found a way to lose 48-3 to an average Baltimore team

I knew I had seen tonight's game before!!

Bretsky
08-28-2006, 11:56 PM
Jennings looked like a rookie to me, the bad thing so did Fergy!!!

Jennings clearly looked like a guy with potential though; he was running good routes and was open. He clearly clearly looked like the guy you HAVE to start opposite Driver.

HarveyWallbangers
08-29-2006, 12:08 AM
Next week is mostly for the backups anyway. Likely just 2-3 series for the starters, so not much we'll be able to tell.

I think some of the starters will be out, but a lot of them will play. I think the cutdown is to the mid 60s this week, so only 10 players that will play next week won't be on the roster, and there's just not enough players to sit most of the starters most of the night. It's still going to be important to see this team bounce back.

Chubbyhubby
08-29-2006, 12:36 AM
Its going to be intresting to see who they cut later today.

retailguy
08-29-2006, 12:46 AM

I think some of the starters will be out, but a lot of them will play. I think the cutdown is to the mid 60s this week, so only 10 players that will play next week won't be on the roster, and there's just not enough players to sit most of the starters most of the night. It's still going to be important to see this team bounce back.

cutdown is to 75 tomorrow 4pm est. so, 22 will be playing that won't have jobs. well 8 go to the practice squad.

Tarlam!
08-29-2006, 01:09 AM
I think the loss and the way we lost will do the rookies the world of good. I would much rather this reulst in the pre-season than against Da Bears week one.

My major concern is with Woodson. I disliked him missing OTA's, but did not publicy abuse him for it. Was this disastrous showing a symtom of being outta sync?

OTH, Harris missed OTA's as well, and he shut down Chad.

Willard
08-29-2006, 01:45 AM
The Packers' flawlessly executed MM's brilliant plan to fill the Chicago Bears with excessive confidence going into the Sept. 10 season opener.

Keep this just between us on PR.com -- we got em just where we want em!

mmmdk
08-29-2006, 02:32 AM
I am with Harvey that the game snowballed but to me there's one major problem; namely the Packer offensive line. Look at the San Diego OL = rock solid and the Cincinnat OL = top 3 in the NFL. Cincy allowed just 21 sacks last season vs teams like Steelers twice and Ravens twice. Bengals have really super running game too. Packers OL have a long way to go.

The Packers OL is a work in progress and how fast that happens will dictate whether it's 2-14 season or 8-8. The defense had a major off day; they played well the first 2 games (SD & ATL) and the game really snowballed for them (defense). I am not that worried about the defense, really, they will get better for each game throughout the season. The offensive line...now that's another question and to me they look to be amongst the 5 worst in the NFL. Maybe that's too kind.

Positive notes:
Greg Jennings is a rookie but he'll be in Green Bay for 10 years +
Ahman Green showed that the explosiveness was still there
Donald Driver is a diffence maker with Favre throwing
Rod Gardner might have earned a spot with his average play tonight

packrulz
08-29-2006, 05:14 AM

I agree, the starters need the work to get the team back on track. The Bears game won't be easy. Have them play into the 3rd quarter.

Cheesehead Craig
08-29-2006, 09:35 AM

Thinking about this more, I think I would have to agree with you that the starters may play more than I think. MM surprised a lot of people with playing his starters almost 3 quarters against Atlanta. Maybe the starters will play the entire first half against TN just to get the OL more work together.

Guiness
08-29-2006, 09:39 AM
I think what this team has shown is that they can't play with the big boys right now.

SD and Cincy (I can NOT believe I'm saying this!) are both very strong teams with something to prove this year. Both could very well be division winners, and right now the Pack is just not there.

Let's just hope that as the season progresses, this changes.

Aside: it's still bizarre to think of those two perenial doormats as some of the elite teams in the league. I think SD has a chance to stay on top for a while, but I expect the Bungles will implode and return to their normal, celler dwelling selves in a couple of years.

PaCkFan_n_MD
08-29-2006, 09:39 AM

cutdown is to 75 tomorrow 4pm est. so, 22 will be playing that won't have jobs. well 8 go to the practice squad.

This is going to be the easiest cut down in the history of the team. Only questions they need to ask is who sucks more.

Partial
08-29-2006, 09:41 AM

This is going to be the easiest cut down in the history of the team. Only questions they need to ask is who sucks more.

I think its going to be difficult because I have a hunch TT has had enough of the overpaid underperformers and is going to be faced with some difficult decisions

scooterwfr
08-29-2006, 09:41 AM

That may be harder to decide than you think lol :lol: