PDA

View Full Version : NYC Likely Out As Host Of NFL Draft

Brandon494
06-06-2014, 05:24 PM
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/11041875/new-york-city-likely-host-2015-nfl-draft-according-sources

I guess bitch boy Rodger Goodell couldn't take getting booed.

And why would you move it to Los Angeles when they don't even have a damn team? This guy needs to stop trying to change everything.

Striker
06-06-2014, 05:33 PM
It sounds like they have to move because of scheduling issues at the Music Hall.

LA makes sense because it's a huge media hub, much like Chicago and NY are.

red
06-06-2014, 05:38 PM
i agree that LA is just a stupid idea when they don't even have a team. my vote is for chicago

Rastak
06-06-2014, 09:43 PM
It sounds like they have to move because of scheduling issues at the Music Hall.

LA makes sense because it's a huge media hub, much like Chicago and NY are.

They are moving because they are royally pissed at Radio City Music Hall.

Pugger
06-07-2014, 08:57 AM
I don't have an issue when them moving the draft but I do agree it is dumb to have it in LA when they don't have a team - yet.

BZnDallas
06-07-2014, 11:35 AM
I think I disagree... Why does a city need a team to host the NFL Draft? Hell Pasadena doesn't have a team and they get Super Bowls... at least they used to before this new stadium craze hit... Non-teamed cities might be the best place to hold it.. no more over the top super fan groups like the Jets fans and Giants fans... I mean I really don't care where they decide to hold it as long as its in the lower 48... now I will say, I wouldn't mind them moving the draft to Six Flags over Jerry so I could attend... but that's just me being selfish

I think we'd all agree with Brandon that Rodger Goodell is making changes to shit that aint broken, and ignoring the old adage. Unfortunately the only thing the NFL cares about is MONEY. Not fans, not players, past, current or future, hell not even the game itself... and for that GODell is a piece of shit!! And the owners love him for it.

Joemailman
06-07-2014, 11:42 AM
It's obvious the NFL is now using the televised Draft to market the NFL. They want to have a team in L.A. because it's the #2 television market. From a business standpoint, it would make sense for the NFL to do this.

A couple of years ago, someone wrote "Los Angeles is going to get an NFL team whether they want one or not". This would be one step in that direction.

Pugger
06-07-2014, 12:01 PM
Why is it LA can't keep an NFL team?

Joemailman
06-07-2014, 12:33 PM
Why is it LA can't keep an NFL team?

I don't know. Competition from USC and UCLA for the football fan dollar? Is a city with such a large hispanic population less interested in football than cities where the population is mostly white and black?

Willard
06-07-2014, 01:23 PM
I don't know. Competition from USC and UCLA for the football fan dollar? Is a city with such a large hispanic population less interested in football than cities where the population is mostly white and black?
There are ~4 million people in LA proper, and ~15 million people in the greater LA region including the areas from Long Beach to Santa Ana. Assuming African-Americans and non-Hispanic Whites are most interested in football (wait a minute--don't we all know at least one Hispanic American who frequents this site!)--they make up about 40% of the population. That is plenty of potential football fans to support a team. I think the problem is lack of tradition, and plenty of other things to do in SoCal on a Fall afternoon. There are also a lot of transplants with allegiance to other teams. I think we would see that if the draft was held there.

Guiness
06-07-2014, 01:50 PM
They are moving because they are royally pissed at Radio City Music Hall.

Seems that way, why? Was it over the scheduling thing last year, where it seems like RCMH would not bow down and kick out the other party in favour of the NFL? I can't see why RCMH would much care about the draft, seems like it would be just another leaser to them?

pbmax
06-07-2014, 01:53 PM
Fear of earthquakes. Owner's lose money on property or the gate , GMs might lose a player(s), coaches can't schedule around 'em. Imagine how Jim Harbaugh would react if he had to reschedule practice because of a 6 point something tremor.

http://i.imgur.com/4JCINXy.gif

Rastak
06-07-2014, 08:32 PM
Seems that way, why? Was it over the scheduling thing last year, where it seems like RCMH would not bow down and kick out the other party in favour of the NFL? I can't see why RCMH would much care about the draft, seems like it would be just another leaser to them?

I had heard the NFL was super pissed they got booted this year then the event that booted them got canceled. I believe it caused them to re-evaluate things and start thinking outside the box on what else they could do.

esoxx
06-07-2014, 09:06 PM
I don't much care where they have it but move it back to April!

Rastak
06-07-2014, 11:34 PM

Amen Brother....

woodbuck27
06-08-2014, 08:49 AM

Yes:

" the league likely will move the draft back to a late April date, with possible spillover into early May." fr. LINK

pbmax
06-08-2014, 08:51 AM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/06/05/radio-city-out-as-draft-host-chicago-or-l-a-are-possible/

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/06/06/nfl-tries-to-work-its-marketing-magic-with-the-draft/

From the fist link:

Although the final date of the draft has not been set, the league has asked its potential hosts about availability for either April 22-25 or April 29-May 2. April 22 and April 29 are Wednesdays, indicating that the NFL is considering starting the draft earlier in the week and turning it into a four-day event.

Pugger
06-08-2014, 09:39 AM

I agree!