PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs release brandon flowers

red
06-13-2014, 04:45 PM
this ones for us B

http://packerrats.com/showthread.php?26921-Unofficial-World-Cup-Thread-de-2014/page5

too bad we already have so many good players at CB

smuggler
06-13-2014, 05:53 PM
Yeah it really is a shame CB is such a strength for us. Lol

HarveyWallbangers
06-13-2014, 08:14 PM
He was very average in their new scheme last year. It's amazing how much a team's scheme plays into the success of some players.

red
06-13-2014, 09:33 PM
He was very average in their new scheme last year. It's amazing how much a team's scheme plays into the success of some players.

what did they switch harv, did they go from a man to a zone or zone to man?

HarveyWallbangers
06-13-2014, 09:41 PM
what did they switch harv, did they go from a man to a zone or zone to man?

He went from zone to man (with a lot of man press mixed in). Also, he played mostly on the outside. I think he's better off as a slot corner at this point in his career.

red
06-13-2014, 09:49 PM
He went from zone to man (with a lot of man press mixed in). Also, he played mostly on the outside. I think he's better off as a slot corner at this point in his career.

thats bit surprising that he would struggle in man. he was know for being physical in college

i want to say i remember the scouting reports on him saying he might struggle in the zone

go figure

woodbuck27
06-13-2014, 10:43 PM
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/11078730/kansas-city-chiefs-release-cornerback-brandon-flowers

Chiefs release Brandon Flowers

Updated: June 13, 2014, 10:09 PM ET

By Adam Teicher | ESPN.com

" Flowers had been a solid player for the Chiefs until 2013, when he had perhaps his worst season despite making the Pro Bowl. New general manager John Dorsey favors bigger cornerbacks and the 5-foot-9 Flowers struggled in the Chiefs' new defensive system, which often called for Flowers to cover bigger and more physical receivers. " Fr. LINK

Please click on the LINK for the entire story.