PDA

View Full Version : 2014 Minicamp: Last Chance To Get Hurt Before Camp

pbmax
06-17-2014, 12:19 PM
and qualify for PUP.

Wes Hodkiewicz ‏@WesHod 32m
#Packers not participating: Harper, Rolle, Franklin, Matthews, Perry, Sitton, Quarless, Worthy

Pete Dougherty ‏@PeteDougherty 31m
Not practicing: Rolle, Franklin, Harper, Matthews, Perry, Sitton, Quarless, Worthy. From what I see, only Franklin not on field observing

Pete Dougherty ‏@PeteDougherty 28m
Barclay at LG for Sitton with No. 1 offense

Tyler Dunne ‏@TyDunne 25m
Mike Trgovac has been working 1 on 1 with B.J. Raji on a technique during special teams. pic.twitter.com/QPymO8HzLi

Tyler Dunne ‏@TyDunne 22m
Interesting to see DuJuan Harris returning kicks in practice. Hasn't done that at all in Green Bay.

Jason Wilde ‏@jasonjwilde 21m
#Packers LG Josh Sitton has been bothered by back issues for years. Guessing he's resting it again.

Tyler Dunne ‏@TyDunne 22m
Also returning kicks are Abbrederis, Janis, Hyde, Dorsey.

Tyler Dunne ‏@TyDunne 11m
Randall Cobb getting more reps outside. First snap of this team period, Boykin is working inside.

pbmax
06-17-2014, 12:34 PM
Tyler Dunne ‏@TyDunne 11m
At tight end, where players say it's wide open, Brandon Bostick works with the first-team offense today. Catches one short pass from Rodgers

Mike Vandermause ‏@MikeVandermause 11m
Rodgers overthrows an open Myles White in 11 on 11 drill. You don't see that often.

SERIOUSLY DO YOU NOT ACTUALLY WATCH PACKER GAMES? ITS HAPPENED BEFORE AND IT WILL HAPPEN AGAIN. THAT IS ALWAYS HOW HE MISSES DEEP.

Jason Wilde ‏@jasonjwilde 7m
#Packers offensive lines L-to-R without Sitton:
1: Bakhtiari, Barclay, Tretter, Lang, Bulaga.
2: Sherrod, Tiller, Gerhart, Taylor, Adams.

OH, SHERRY, OUR LOVE; HOLDS ON, HOLDS ON

Tyler Dunne ‏@TyDunne 10m
Team blasts some U2 over the speakers and Flynn comes back with a completion of 20 or so to Jordy Nelson.

OLD SCHOOL U2 OR NEW SCHOOL U2? IMPORTANT TO KNOW

Jason Wilde ‏@jasonjwilde 9m
No @Shazam-ing needed for U2's "Vertigo" during team red zone period at #Packers minicamp.

NEW SCHOOL, BUT THIS ONE IS OK BY ME. UNO, DOS, TRES, CATORCE, BLUE 58 HUT!

Jason Wilde ‏@jasonjwilde 12m
Micah Hyde is still working ahead of Ha Ha Clinton-Dix at safety with the No. 1 defense. #Packers

I AM OFFICIALLY NOT LIKING THAT

pbmax
06-17-2014, 12:42 PM
Tyler Dunne ‏@TyDunne 13m
A Flynn pass to Richard Rodgers in the left corner of the end zone is picked off by Casey Hayward. Bad pass. But an athletic play by 29.

MORE HAPPY ABOUT THIS THAN SAD, SORRY MATT

Mike Vandermause ‏@MikeVandermause 10m
Jordy Nelson great catch from Rodgers in back of end zone. Ref rules him out.

COBB (OR DEFENSE) PAID THE REFS!!

Jason Wilde ‏@jasonjwilde 10m
Rodgers threads impossible needle to Jordy in back of end zone during Shark Attack by Grouplove. But out of bounds. http://shz.am/t96625344

RARELY DO SONG TITLE AND GROUP NAME FIT TOGETHER LESS UNLESS SHARK ATTACK IS A SEXUAL POSITION

Tyler Dunne ‏@TyDunne 7m
Rodgers to Cobb on a quick slant during full team pressure period.

PROOF THEY DO PRACTICE THAT ROUTE

Jason Wilde ‏@jasonjwilde 7m
Cobb slips after over the middle catch. He's OK, but despite good drainage here at Ray Nitschke Field, it's a bit slick. Seen several slips.

THAT'LL TOUGHEN 'EM UP

Tyler Dunne ‏@TyDunne 7m
A rookie tight end hauls in a deep post from Rodgers. Only it's not Richard Rodgers or Lyerla, rather UDFA Justin Perillo from Maine.

THERE IS A THREAD IDEA FOR SOMEONE

Tyler Dunne ‏@TyDunne 5m
Been a nice spring for Jeff Janis. Zips up right sideline and catches one from Flynn for a long gain.

NEEDS NICKNAME OR SONG REFENCE

Mike Vandermause ‏@MikeVandermause 6m
Lyerla draws pass interference from Jarrett Bush.

NEVER CHANGE JARRETT, NEVER CHANGE

Tyler Dunne ‏@TyDunne 4m
Myles White has his say next. Works in, loops out and up the sideline for 20 yards. Soon after, Abbrederis leaks free for a completion.

LET'S JUST STOP PRETENDING. EDGAR BENNETT SHOULD BE THE NEXT HC.

pbmax
06-17-2014, 12:46 PM
Wes Hodkiewicz ‏@WesHod 4m
Scott Tolzien with a couple nice throws to Myles White and Jared Abbrederis, pulling it down the sideline

MORE PROOF THAT EVEN IF YOU ARE A (FORMER) BADGER, IT BETTER TO HAVE BRETSKY ROOT AGAINST YOU THAN FOR YOU

Tyler Dunne ‏@TyDunne 2m
Onto the drill coaches hope they don't need often. Offensive linemen tackling (and Mike Daniels juking at RB): HTTP://pic.twitter.com/G7oJA4mrWH

EYEWITNESS TESTIMONY THAT THEY DO LIVE TACKLING

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 1m
That’s a surprise. Probably good news tho RT @HoustonTexans: "He's a guy that earned the job." O'Brien names Ryan Fitzpatrick starting QB.

I THINK THE TEXANS AND BILL O'BRIEN ARE INVOLVED IN AN ELABORATE PONZI SCHEME

Tyler Dunne ‏@TyDunne 16s
Chris Harper (hamstring) also not practicing today

WELL, HE'S A PACKER NOW

vince
06-17-2014, 01:06 PM
Scott Tolzien with a couple nice throws to Myles White and Jared Abbrederis, pulling it down the sideline

MORE PROOF THAT EVEN IF YOU ARE A (FORMER) BADGER, IT BETTER TO HAVE BRETSKY ROOT AGAINST YOU THAN FOR YOU

Tyler Dunne ‏@TyDunne 2m
Onto the drill coaches hope they don't need often. Offensive linemen tackling (and Mike Daniels juking at RB): HTTP://pic.twitter.com/G7oJA4mrWH

EYEWITNESS TESTIMONY THAT THEY DO LIVE TACKLING

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 1m
That’s a surprise. Probably good news tho RT @HoustonTexans: "He's a guy that earned the job." O'Brien names Ryan Fitzpatrick starting QB.

I THINK THE TEXANS AND BILL O'BRIEN ARE INVOLVED IN AN ELABORATE PONZI SCHEME

Tyler Dunne ‏@TyDunne 16s
Chris Harper (hamstring) also not practicing today

WELL, HE'S A PACKER NOW
Get him in contact with Ryanne the hot yoga instructor. That'll loose him up.

Brandon494
06-17-2014, 01:38 PM
Jason Wilde ‏@jasonjwilde 12m
Micah Hyde is still working ahead of Ha Ha Clinton-Dix at safety with the No. 1 defense. #Packers

I AM OFFICIALLY NOT LIKING THAT

I don't mind it too much, still very early and I see him playing S in our base defense. In nickel and dime is where you will see HaHa on the field with Hyde moving back to CB.

Brandon494
06-17-2014, 01:40 PM
Get him in contact with Ryanne the hot yoga instructor. That'll loose him up.

Thats something the Seahawks have incorporated into its regular strength-training, hopefully the Packers will think about doing it in the future if these problems continue. At least the most important guy on our defense has started doing it.

Guiness
06-17-2014, 02:14 PM
Tyler Dunne ‏@TyDunne 7m
Rodgers to Cobb on a quick slant during full team pressure period.

PROOF THEY DO PRACTICE THAT ROUTE

http://www.northeastshooters.com/vbulletin/images/smilies/this_thread_is_worthless_without_pics.gif

[QUOTE]
Tyler Dunne ‏@TyDunne 4m
Myles White has his say next. Works in, loops out and up the sideline for 20 yards. Soon after, Abbrederis leaks free for a completion.

LET'S JUST STOP PRETENDING. EDGAR BENNETT SHOULD BE THE NEXT HC.

Let's just stop pretending. Capers, or whoever the fuck is in charge of the defensive backfield needs to get his shit together.

Guiness
06-17-2014, 02:16 PM
and qualify for PUP.

Wes Hodkiewicz ‏@WesHod 32m
#Packers not participating: Harper, Rolle, Franklin, Matthews, Perry, Sitton, Quarless, Worthy

Rolle? The CB? He's still around? Nixon is gone though, right?

Patler
06-17-2014, 02:23 PM

So Abbrederis is screwed????

Patler
06-17-2014, 02:24 PM
Thats something the Seahawks have incorporated into its regular strength-training, hopefully the Packers will think about doing it in the future if these problems continue. At least the most important guy on our defense has started doing it.

Jarrett Bush????

pbmax
06-17-2014, 03:44 PM
So Abbrederis is screwed????

Yep. He should use the inevitable camp injury to hone skills for a second career. Like juggling or mortgage refinancing.

Brandon494
06-17-2014, 03:50 PM
Jarrett Bush????

typo, meant offense.

Patler
06-17-2014, 03:52 PM
typo, meant offense.

Darn! I was hoping you were going to come up with some obscure reference to Matthews also getting involved in it.

Joemailman
06-17-2014, 04:17 PM

Jarrett Bush????

I assumed he meant Hawk.

smuggler
06-17-2014, 05:32 PM
He obviously meant Boykin.

pbmax
06-17-2014, 06:02 PM
Today's PC: http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/263512771.html

On less scheme/more personnel plan on defense... "It's going good. We're where we need to be right now. I feel very good about our defense. We have never been this far -- as far as mental consistency -- our defense as far communication and the clearness is as good as its been in my tenure."

On simplifying the defense... "This really wasn't that big of a change. We have two very strong outlying issues. We're always going to young and our availability hasn't been there the last two years. So you can't be sitting here saying 'We had injuries and it hasn't worked out.' We need 26 players prepared to contributed and tailor it to their abilities. Coaching staff has done phenomenal job. A lot of long nights back in February to teach this from Day 1. Our players went through installations two times. I feel very, very good with where we are in quality of work."

bobblehead
06-17-2014, 07:53 PM
Translation: Dom knows his job is on the fucking line.

Patler
06-17-2014, 10:00 PM
2014 Minicamp: Last Chance To Get Hurt Before Camp

and qualify for PUP.

Naw, they have lots of time before camp starts to knock themselves out for the start of camp and punch their ticket for PUP. Chiller hurt himself just a day or two before camp, failed his physical and was released. Hayward last year, I think was injured between OTAs and camp, wasn't he? They should have PUPed him as it turned out.

They should be able to tear at least five hammies in July.

vince
06-18-2014, 06:45 AM
Rolle? The CB? He's still around? Nixon is gone though, right?
Yeah Nixon failed his physical at check-in five weeks ago or however long ago it was. Can't recall for sure but I think it was a knee problem.

denverYooper
06-18-2014, 11:30 AM
@jasonjwilde: #Packers LBs coach Winston Moss on what Nick Perry is missing this offseason: "Everything. Everything."

Fritz
06-18-2014, 11:58 AM
@jasonjwilde: #Packers LBs coach Winston Moss on what Nick Perry is missing this offseason: "Everything. Everything."

I am mightily curious as to exactly what has occurred to trigger the recent ice-cold blast of air between the Packer organization and Nick Perry.

The other day, MM had some pretty negative things to say about Nick Perry's lack of practice at the OTA's and this week's activities, too. There was no attempt to couch it in even neutral terms, and his and Moss's comments stand in stark, stark contrast to their responses to other injured players missing time - those players are learning in the classroom, and so on, but when asked about Perry they are very stern.

So what has happened, I wonder? Has Perry chosen to listen to some outside doctor who has informed him he shouldn'be be practicing? Or has he made noise about wanting to get out of GB? Or has he not reacted professionally to the acquiring of Peppers?

Something seems to be going on. When Sherrod was hurt, and after it came to light that he'd had a botched surgery, the coaches were all very positive about how Sherrod was working hard and had re-made his body. When other players are hurt, we get stories about how hard they are working to get back. But nada on Perry.

Has anyone heard anything that could shed some light on this?

wist43
06-18-2014, 11:58 AM

He has got to be demoralized. He said before the draft he didn't want to play LB, and GB drafts him and immediately says he's a LB.

He's been terrible at LB - yet dunderdummy won't even consider drawing it up to maximize not only Perry's potential, but everyone elses as well. I'm sure Perry can't wait to hit the door and get to a 4-3 team; just as I was surprised Raji resigned... everyone in that front seven is misused.

For any front seven player - being drafted by Green Bay has to be a serious bummer. We'll continue to struggle on defense until Capers is run out of town on a rail.

I'd imagine most of those guys want out of Green Bay - or at least away from Spraypainted Hair.

pbmax
06-18-2014, 12:18 PM
Yes, before the draft, he said he did not want to play linebacker. Here are the quotes, look at his refusal:

"It’s just that edge," said Perry at the Combine. "Some people have a better edge getting off the ball with their hand in the dirt. I’ve been playing it a long time now, and I have experience in that. Being put further away from what you’re used to doing makes you a little uneasy."

"I can handle both," said Perry at the NFL Combine. "I prefer 4-3. I like to keep my hand in the dirt, but as long as I’m rushing and getting to the quarterback I’m fine whatever it is."

http://cheeseheadtv.com/blog/perry-unsure-about-playing-outside-linebacker

run pMc
06-18-2014, 02:14 PM
You think it's an icy blast?
His experience at OLB has been limited by injuries, and he's not practicing in OTA while they are installing their D, so he's missing everything except the mental snaps.
What did they say about what Clay is missing? Quarless?

Perhaps you're right and I'm erroneously taking it at face value. I think Moss is going to push and prod Perry, and this might be one way.

Fritz
06-18-2014, 02:51 PM
You think it's an icy blast?
His experience at OLB has been limited by injuries, and he's not practicing in OTA while they are installing their D, so he's missing everything except the mental snaps.
What did they say about what Clay is missing? Quarless?

Perhaps you're right and I'm erroneously taking it at face value. I think Moss is going to push and prod Perry, and this might be one way.

I hope you are right, but I am sensing that the organization is really down on Perry's absence. Here are two items from the GBPG; the first is on Matthews' missing, the second on Perry:

♦" (Injured linebacker) Clay Matthews is coming along. He’s part of the group that isn’t practicing.

♦ (Asked about injured linebacker Nick Perry.) I don’t think it helps any player to miss the whole offseason. I talked about it last week with the staff and told the team today. Our coaches took a different approach. You have a season to get ready for. To do it all in a nine-week period and for a player to miss all of it, obviously, that’s not a good situation to be in. I think any of the players who didn’t take advantage of this nine-week opportunity, it’s something they’ll have to catch up on."

There was also a more recent quote, from Moss I think, that Clay was doing all the classroom stuff he could. Yes, Matthews is a pro bowler and Perry is not at all; nonetheless, the frank harshness of both Moss's and McCarthy's tones suggest unhappiness with Perry himself and not just his injury.

pbmax
06-18-2014, 03:14 PM
I hope you are right, but I am sensing that the organization is really down on Perry's absence. Here are two items from the GBPG; the first is on Matthews' missing, the second on Perry:

♦" (Injured linebacker) Clay Matthews is coming along. He’s part of the group that isn’t practicing.

♦ (Asked about injured linebacker Nick Perry.) I don’t think it helps any player to miss the whole offseason. I talked about it last week with the staff and told the team today. Our coaches took a different approach. You have a season to get ready for. To do it all in a nine-week period and for a player to miss all of it, obviously, that’s not a good situation to be in. I think any of the players who didn’t take advantage of this nine-week opportunity, it’s something they’ll have to catch up on."

There was also a more recent quote, from Moss I think, that Clay was doing all the classroom stuff he could. Yes, Matthews is a pro bowler and Perry is not at all; nonetheless, the frank harshness of both Moss's and McCarthy's tones suggest unhappiness with Perry himself and not just his injury.

That struck me as well. McCarthy doesn't usually go in for goading players who are injured. However, he could be protecting Matthews from a public clamor while letting every other player who is out know they are missing valuable time and unlike Matthews, their jobs are not protected.

Fritz
06-18-2014, 03:19 PM
I hope that's all it is, but I continue to be surprised at the blunt harshness of the coaches' comments on Perry's absence. Something's up, methinks.

QBME
06-18-2014, 04:02 PM
I hope that's all it is, but I continue to be surprised at the blunt harshness of the coaches' comments on Perry's absence. Something's up, methinks.

I get the same vibe. It wouldn't surprise me if at some point Perry goes in for surgery for something that should/could have been fixed in the off season.

texaspackerbacker
06-18-2014, 04:45 PM
Probably the person most directly affected by acquiring Julius Peppers is Perry. Maybe he took it the wrong way; Maybe he took it the right way hahahaha - as saying something about his own quality and future. People sulk sometimes; If that's what it is, the staff needs to either sit him down and straighten him out or else move on without him. We do have a shitload of players who bring to the table pretty much the same as he does.

pittstang5
06-18-2014, 07:08 PM
Do we even know what Perry's injury is? He probably has sand in his vagina.

And, I don't buy for a second that Perry is pouting about Peppers being signed. Perry is a young player. If anything, the signing of Peppers should give him motivation and try harder to get into the starting rotation.

pbmax
06-18-2014, 07:09 PM
He injured his foot last year. Missed a little time and came back but was not the same player.

vince
06-18-2014, 09:36 PM
2014 Minicamp: Last Chance To Get Hurt Before Camp

Nick Perry don't need no minicamp. He can milk a foot all year long.

Get with the program Nick.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yzVyT9NdvEY

Guiness
06-18-2014, 10:10 PM
Some serious Perry hating going on! A comment of two from some coaches and we break out the pitchforks!

smuggler
06-18-2014, 10:58 PM
It is discouraging from a fan's perspective that all this is going on. I'm beginning to feel like Perry will not be on the roster in 2014. :/

run pMc
06-19-2014, 07:27 AM
He'll be on the roster. He's getting the message that he's not the starter anymore and needs to to get healthy and produce, same as anyone else. The R1 pick honeymoon is over for him.

I think that when healthy he has shown some good things. I don't think he's a bust and I don't think they cut him unless that health thing gets in the way.

pbmax
06-19-2014, 08:48 AM
He'll be on the roster. He's getting the message that he's not the starter anymore and needs to to get healthy and produce, same as anyone else. The R1 pick honeymoon is over for him.

I think that when healthy he has shown some good things. I don't think he's a bust and I don't think they cut him unless that health thing gets in the way.

Given that the Packers don't do this very often, the question I am left with is do they think Perry is malingering? Usually the Docs are so cautious that the players can't wait to get back.

I wonder if we are reading too much into the stray comments and that the coaches are just tired of talking about injuries.

woodbuck27
06-19-2014, 08:53 AM
Do we even know what Perry's injury is? He probably has sand in his vagina.

And, I don't buy for a second that Perry is pouting about Peppers being signed. Perry is a young player. If anything, the signing of Peppers should give him motivation and try harder to get into the starting rotation.

If TT MM and Capers had confidence in Nick Perry would Julius Peppers be a Green Bay Packer ?

I'd predict that the correct response is .............. a NO!

Nick Perry is in trouble in terms of a long term future as a Green bay Packer unless he kicks in pronto.

TT has been trying to get "THAT MAN" opposite Clay Matthews III and until he signed Julius Peppers that MAN didn't look like he was on the Packers Map.

I was watching Bucky Brooks (NFL.Com) give his TOP Five Pass Rush Tandems and what he said was that now the Packers tandem of Clay Matthews III and Julius Peppers does have a legitimate chance to make his TOP FIVE after this season. That they are on his horizon in that category.

Can you imagine him predicting that for the pass rush tandem of Clay Matthews III and Nick Price?

MadScientist
06-19-2014, 09:59 AM
Peri was a bad pick, a complete waste of a first round pick. If the coaches thought more of him, they wouldn't make such comments in public. It sounds like his pissy attitude that he had when he was drafted is showing up in other ways now.

If the Packers pay him this year it will most likely because he finds a way to get on IR.

HarveyWallbangers
06-19-2014, 10:17 AM
I predict that Perry will be a major asset for the defense. He may not get 800 snaps, but he'll be productive. IMHO, a four man rotation of Matthews, Peppers, Neal, and Perry at OLB/elephant is exciting. All four dudes in the rotation have outstanding talent. (Not to mention Bradford--who I like as well.) As long as we don't have our top three injured again, I think we'll be good in that spot. Hopefully, we won't be seeing Frank Zombo, Desman Moses, Erik Walden, Andy Mulumba talent level playing lots of minutes again. The position is too important to Dom's defense.

mraynrand
06-19-2014, 10:41 AM
Can you imagine him predicting that for the pass rush tandem of Clay Matthews III and Nick Price?

Maybe Mark Price....but he always had trouble getting around the edge...

http://thumbs2.ebaystatic.com/d/l225/m/mb5EIi_z6oFEp1eHtgq-b4w.jpg

mraynrand
06-19-2014, 10:44 AM
All the Talk of Perry being out of position at OLB just bores me (especially Wist). If you look at the tape, the Packers rarely asked him to drop in coverage. He was essentially "playing with his hand in the dirt" rushing the passer and holding up the end of the line in the run game. Maybe Pepper was brought in and the talk is out there because the bastard keeps getting hurt and nothing more. Another month of this crap and we actually get football back and we'll know soon enough what the truth is....

hoosier
06-19-2014, 10:53 AM
Maybe Mark Price....but he always had trouble getting around the edge...

http://thumbs2.ebaystatic.com/d/l225/m/mb5EIi_z6oFEp1eHtgq-b4w.jpg

If you have to make a Cavaliers reference in a Packers forum you should know to start with Brad Daugherty and his aching back.

Fritz
06-19-2014, 11:54 AM
I really am a fan of Perry's and I am hoping he can live up to the flashes I think we saw from him. And I hope the coaches are just lighting a fire under him, or are just tired of the questions. I do hope it's just that.

But I'm not used to seeing that kind of bluntness out of these guys in talking about one particular guy.

vince
06-19-2014, 12:11 PM
I really am a fan of Perry's and I am hoping he can live up to the flashes I think we saw from him. And I hope the coaches are just lighting a fire under him, or are just tired of the questions. I do hope it's just that.

But I'm not used to seeing that kind of bluntness out of these guys in talking about one particular guy.
Exactly. He's been productive when healthy, which has been tantalizingly rare. If they were giving up on him I don't think they'd take this tact so I agree that they've likely concluded that public pressure may be an effective motivator with him.

Injuries are often uncontrollable. How dedicated you are in rehabbing from them is not. Bottom line is that everyone's different and sometimes negative pressure is the button that makes people uncomfortable enough or gives them enough fire to prove them wrong when others have failed. Lombardi was the master at it. His guys all loved him and hated him at the same time but he always stirred the passion necessary to get the most out of them.

Patler
06-19-2014, 12:58 PM
Who cares what he WANTS to play. Kuhn probably wants to play RB, not FB. Bulaga probably wants to play LT. Heck, Sitton and Lang might want to be LTs.

The last I knew, pro coaches don't ask players what position they want to play. They tell the player where he will play.

I'm not sure Perry is any more suited to DE than he is to a 4-3 OLB, especially the way GB has asked him to play it.

HarveyWallbangers
06-19-2014, 01:32 PM
He is better suited to play 4-3 because of his lack of ideal quickness in space (similar to Aaron Kampman). He's shown he has tremendous power. I think it's pretty obvious he's more suited to a 4-3. That being said, he's shown glimpses of also being capable in the 3-4. We'll see if he gets healthy. Since he got to Green Bay, I haven't heard that he was disgruntled. He did say that he preferred a 4-3 around draft time--mainly because it was an honest assessment of his skills. Personally, I think people read into quotes what they want to hear. I haven't seen a quote where any coach said Perry hasn't been doing what's necessary for rehab. McCarthy was just saying that it's not good for a young player to miss practice--something he's said about plenty of other players. Practice is less important for studs like Matthews and Rodgers. Guys who know what they are doing and have produced at a high level. Like Sherrod, the guy just needs to stay healthy. It may happen. It may not. Part of it is luck. Part of it is genetics. Part of it could be toughness. It's hard for any of us to judge whether it's luck, genetics, or lack of toughness.

pbmax
06-19-2014, 01:43 PM
I am not sure his physical attributes make him more suited to DE than OLB. His comfort and experience level might, however. But as Patler said, those are things that can be altered. He isn't Kampman after a seven year career of remaking his body and technique being asked to get smaller and quicker.

Ideally, both OLBs would be skilled on and off the line. But you can't get that easily. Perry has the attributes to do both but needs reps to work on his technique (remember virtually his first play versus San Fran when they matched him on a WR and he used the wrong technique and allowed the WR outside rather than funnel him in. Let's face it, Peppers isn't going to be Woodson in coverage either.

The downside to all this is that the one factor that would mitigate Capers scheme and all the new players would be lots of reps. The injuries make that less likely. Stocking the position with Peppers makes it tougher still.

Striker
06-19-2014, 01:51 PM
He just needs to get on the field, period. As has been stated, everything else should come with time.

bobblehead
06-20-2014, 12:27 AM
If you have to make a Cavaliers reference in a Packers forum you should know to start with Brad Daugherty and his aching back.

I'll take native americans who played in the NBA for 200 alex.

mraynrand
06-20-2014, 01:34 AM
I'll take native americans who played in the NBA for 200 alex.

you have to take it for 200, because there is no 400

woodbuck27
06-20-2014, 05:54 AM
If TT MM and Capers had confidence in Nick Perry would Julius Peppers be a Green Bay Packer ?

I'd predict that the correct response is .............. a NO!

Nick Perry is in trouble in terms of a long term future as a Green bay Packer unless he kicks in pronto.

TT has been trying to get "THAT MAN" opposite Clay Matthews III and until he signed Julius Peppers that MAN didn't look like he was on the Packers Map.

I was watching Bucky Brooks (NFL.Com) give his TOP Five Pass Rush Tandems and what he said was that now the Packers tandem of Clay Matthews III and Julius Peppers does have a legitimate chance to make his TOP FIVE after this season. That they are on his horizon in that category.

Whoops !

Can you imagine him predicting that for the pass rush tandem of Clay Matthews III and ** Nick Price?

Edit:

** Nick Perry NOT *** Nick Price.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nick_Price

Nick Price is a HOF pro golfer.

woodbuck27
06-20-2014, 06:23 AM

TT has installed an expensive backup plan in Julius Peppers.

It seems to me that TT is changing more so to a GM that's now willing to shoot for 'the prize. Aaron Rodgers has entered his 30's and he'll be 31 years of age Dec. 02, 2014.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aaron_Rodgers

Aaron Rodgers.

NOTE:

** John Elway is the oldest quarterback to start (and win) a Super Bowl. He won his rings at the ages of 37 (Super Bowl XXXII) and 38 (Super Bowl XXXIII).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Super_Bowl_V#Individual_leaders

** Johnny Unitas (37 Years of age) along with Earl Morrall (36 years of age) won Super Bowl V with the Baltimore Colts in 1971.

** Jim Plunkett at the age of 36 won a ring at Super Bowl XVIII in 1984.

Smidgeon
06-20-2014, 09:58 AM
Peri was a bad pick, a complete waste of a first round pick. If the coaches thought more of him, they wouldn't make such comments in public. It sounds like his pissy attitude that he had when he was drafted is showing up in other ways now.

If the Packers pay him this year it will most likely because he finds a way to get on IR.

Pretty sure M3 did this with Mike Neal a year or so ago. It's a motivational ploy, not a complaining about a player in public. He's using the media as a tool and wouldn't if Perry couldn't handle it.

Zool
06-20-2014, 10:43 AM

And this whole time I thought Robert Parrish was native. Damn

QBME
06-20-2014, 11:37 AM

Chief!! :)

hoosier
06-20-2014, 12:58 PM
You would think Bison Dele might count too, unless he was just a whitey who went native.

QBME
06-20-2014, 01:40 PM
http://i57.tinypic.com/rgvud4.jpg

mraynrand
06-20-2014, 01:50 PM

OK, there's the 200 level answer. Next! Keep working for double jeopardy...

Zool
06-20-2014, 02:00 PM
OK, there's the 200 level answer. Next! Keep working for double jeopardy...

No you were right, Parrish was black. Still looking for the 200.

bobblehead
06-20-2014, 04:48 PM

Thought about adding that to my post, but it was late and I was tired...plus some smart ass is going to find some obscure native american who played 6 seasons 50 years ago now.

bobblehead
06-20-2014, 04:50 PM
CHEROKEE PARK for 400 Alex!!!!

mraynrand
06-20-2014, 05:09 PM
CHEROKEE PARK for 400 Alex!!!!

What is Gillette Park?

What is Central Park?

What is Wescott Park?

pbmax
06-23-2014, 10:46 PM
Patler's right, lots of ways to get hurt after minicamp. For instance, a plane could land/crash in your house.

Jason Wilde ‏@jasonjwilde 1h
Unbelievable story about Wausau native and ex-#Packers WR Kole Heckendorf, alive after plane crashes into his house: http://www.thedickinsonpress.com/content/plane-crashes-minnesota-home-2-plane-killed …

Guiness
06-24-2014, 01:10 AM
Patler's right, lots of ways to get hurt after minicamp. For instance, a plane could land/crash in your house.

Unbelievable story about Wausau native and ex-#Packers WR Kole Heckendorf, alive after plane crashes into his house: http://www.thedickinsonpress.com/content/plane-crashes-minnesota-home-2-plane-killed …

yes, or a plane could crash into your house. In all fairness, that could happen at any time during the off-season.:-|

Don't remember him at all, looks like he was with the Packers for that proverbial cup of coffee

woodbuck27
06-24-2014, 04:43 AM

Whats the probability of a plane crashing into my house?

https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20130628142034AAnYOER

woodbuck27
06-24-2014, 04:47 AM
yes, or a plane could crash into your house. In all fairness, that could happen at any time during the off-season.:-|

Don't remember him at all, looks like he was with the Packers for that proverbial cup of coffee

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kole_Heckendorf#Green_Bay_Packers

Kole "Gee it's tough to make an NFL team" Heckendorf.

Patler
06-24-2014, 05:09 AM
Heckendorf was with the Packers for an entire off season and training camp. They released him in the final cut down. He bounced around the league on practice squads for a couple years. Record setting WR at North Dakota, who seemed to have some potential.

smuggler
06-24-2014, 05:27 PM
That guy is cursed. Maybe so, but its a weak curse...

Joemailman
06-24-2014, 05:56 PM
Heckendorf had NFL skills, but he did not have an NFL physique. He looked like the 90 pound weakling standing next to Driver. I'm hoping Abbrederis does not suffer the same fate.

HarveyWallbangers
06-24-2014, 11:50 PM
Heckendorf was with the Packers for an entire off season and training camp. They released him in the final cut down. He bounced around the league on practice squads for a couple years. Record setting WR at North Dakota, who seemed to have some potential.

Being from North Dakota, I'd like to point out that he played at North Dakota State--which is significant to us. That would be equivalent to saying Eddie Lacy played at Auburn to us. Not being from Fargo (NDSU) or Grand Forks (UND) nor attending either university, I root for both squads. North Dakota is the one good at hockey. North Dakota State is the one good at football and occasionally basketball.

smuggler
06-25-2014, 05:18 AM
NDSU had a win in the last men's basketball tourney actually.

KYPack
06-25-2014, 12:20 PM
I predict that Perry will be a major asset for the defense. He may not get 800 snaps, but he'll be productive. IMHO, a four man rotation of Matthews, Peppers, Neal, and Perry at OLB/elephant is exciting. All four dudes in the rotation have outstanding talent. (Not to mention Bradford--who I like as well.) As long as we don't have our top three injured again, I think we'll be good in that spot. Hopefully, we won't be seeing Frank Zombo, Desman Moses, Erik Walden, Andy Mulumba talent level playing lots of minutes again. The position is too important to Dom's defense.

Agree with most of this. Perry has skills, but coverage sure ain't one of 'em. He makes slow reads and is kind of a clumsy bugger in his drops. His rush is strong, but limited. He is an edge and bull rush kind of guy. By now he should have developed another move or two in rush, but I sure haven't seen it. He's a spot guy, probably not worth a #1 pick, but useful none the less.

I have some Mulumba love, mainly for the valiant effort he made vs SF, stumbling around on one leg.

woodbuck27
06-25-2014, 09:51 PM
Agree with most of this. Perry has skills, but coverage sure ain't one of 'em. He makes slow reads and is kind of a clumsy bugger in his drops. His rush is strong, but limited. He is an edge and bull rush kind of guy. By now he should have developed another move or two in rush, but I sure haven't seen it. He's a spot guy, probably not worth a #1 pick, but useful none the less.

I have some Mulumba love, mainly for the valiant effort he made vs SF, stumbling around on one leg.

Andy Mulumba is highly regarded as a prospect in the CFL.

He was drafted by the Winnipeg Blue Bombers second overall in the 2013 CFL Draft, despite having signed with the Packers.

http://www.bluebombers.com/article/blue-bombers-select-andy-mulumba-with-second-overall-pick

(the Winnepeg) Blue Bombers select Andy Mulumba with second overall pick

Monday, May 6th, 2013