PDA

View Full Version : Should TT keep Najeh?

Tarlam!
08-29-2006, 05:49 AM
I know he has a few fans on this board, but, realistically, TT should attempt to trade him for some kind of a pick.

The upside of of Arliss Beach and Ben Brown are too great compared with the down side of Najeh. I know Najeh's career ave/carry is nearly 5 yards. But last year was only 3.5!!

Samkon King has proven he can take the ball over 100 in an NFL. Samkon's ave/carry was 4.1 last year!!

I am all for Green slipping into the feature back role and keeping 4 RBs in total. I just don't think Najeh should be one of them.

RashanGary
08-29-2006, 06:45 AM
I have a feeling we're going to get someone who is waived. Gado looked OK though. He just plowed ahead and that is what he's good at.

mmmdk
08-29-2006, 07:07 AM
Davenport gave himself few favors to stick around. ND did have 2 good punishing runs but he runs so upright that he's bound to get injured. It doesn't look like ND will make the 53; so a minor trade is not out the question. Packers could get a good player (OL ?) that's about to be cut elsewhere but that's all she wrote (for NDs trade value).

BobDobbs
08-29-2006, 12:03 PM
The running back cuts are going to be the one of the most difficult on the team. I would almost say that Najeh ran better than Gado last night except for one 3rd down where he inexplicably ran into the back of one of the lineman. Gado helped himself by showing some receiving ability. Beach got injured right after he got his shot at running back, not good for him.
Did anyone notice that Leach caught that pass thrown to him? If the order in which the backs were put into the game is an indication of the depth chart then depth goes Green, Najeh, Gado, Beach, Herron. Right now that's what I'd agree with. I alo think that ou keep Leach and Hendo, so Beach has to beat out someone to stay off the practice squad.

Tarlam!
08-29-2006, 12:13 PM
Welcome BobDobbs!

I don't think we should keep Leach because he finally caught a ball. I think we should cut Leach cause, he needed all this time to final´ly catch a ball!

As for Beach, yup, he got hurt, but, so will Najeh. I just cannot make an overwhelming case for Najeh.

SudsMcBucky
08-29-2006, 03:01 PM
With Henderson out, why haven't they tried ND at FB? (or maybe they have that I'm unaware.) He wouldn't be new to the position, since that's where he played his college ball. He's big enough, also. I thought size was the reason Gado didn't pan out at FB. ND should have the straight-ahead blocking skills required.

Packnut
08-29-2006, 03:04 PM
I dunno, may-be it's time to cut some vets like Davenport and Ferguson in order to make a statement. Then again with the talent level we have, it might be better to hang onto these guys until something better opens up. :?

packrulz
08-29-2006, 03:16 PM
With Henderson out, why haven't they tried ND at FB? (or maybe they have that I'm unaware.) He wouldn't be new to the position, since that's where he played his college ball. He's big enough, also. I thought size was the reason Gado didn't pan out at FB. ND should have the straight-ahead blocking skills required.

Yes, he played some FB at Miami. Either he told M3 no he don't want to play FB or M3 isn't interested in trying him there. When M3 talks about Najeh he gets a sour look and says he's hurt so much he don't get to see him play. I think they'll cut him because he's always gimpy and I know that TT looks at how much $$$ these guys are getting paid & he'll cut the dead weight and keep the young guy with potential.

gbpackfan
08-29-2006, 05:06 PM
For those of you who believe we are going to cut Davenport, look again. The depth chart at Packers.com now lists Davenport as the #2 guy behind Green. Last week, Gado was the #2. Maybe TT is setting Davenport up for a trade? I doubt it, but we'll see.

woodbuck27
08-29-2006, 06:29 PM

It seems to me that I read that Najeh didn't want to try his luck in TC at FB.

Gado just wants a spot and has a good attitude and willingly tried the FB spot in TC last week. I think that Najeh Davenport should be trying anything to make OUR team as he's on the bubble in my eyes. He still makes OUR team.

I think that Vonta Leach will remain due to his blocking ability. Dam! He did make a reception last night. Hendo is in and will return in Sept. maybe he thinks... by Sept.10th.

Where is Ahman? What did people see?

(Arliss Beach)? How badly banged up now is he?He goes to the PS.I believe they see potential in him?

Samkon Gado seems... just OK.

(Noah Herron) on the bubble with Najeh Davenport.. We go all the way with experience. Their ALL in.

I'm going with those five:

RB
Green
Gado
Herron or Davenport...Najej !!

FB
Henderson
Leach

GO Packers ! Faith in 2006 !!

red
08-29-2006, 08:10 PM
this ones tuff

he's a good guy and a good player when he's on the field. but the problem is in his entire time in GB he's hardly ever been healthy enough to stay on the field

i wouldn't want to cut him, but he's not exactly someone you can rely on to be there and ready to go when you need him

i'll say this though, if we cut najeh, and ahman has a relapse, then we again, are scary thin at RB for the rest of the year

HarveyWallbangers
08-29-2006, 09:29 PM
Well said, red.

b bulldog
08-29-2006, 09:39 PM
It would be crazy to have two guys that are known for breaking down at the same position.

Fritz
08-30-2006, 02:18 PM
Monday night it seemed like Davenport was the best back on the team. I think they'll keep him. His next injury, though, will be his last with the Packers.

Gado seems just okay but maybe he'll get better as he gets more used to the scheme.

Willard
08-30-2006, 02:58 PM
For those of you who believe we are going to cut Davenport, look again. The depth chart at Packers.com now lists Davenport as the #2 guy behind Green. Last week, Gado was the #2. Maybe TT is setting Davenport up for a trade? I doubt it, but we'll see.

It wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if Najeh is being positioned for a trade. Hopefully he showed enough on Monday night to generate some interest. Perhaps to Washington to back-up the banged up Portis? Do the Skins have anybody we would want?

I hope Davenport runs wild on Friday because I think TT & MM are sick of his act, and he is going to get cut anyway. Lets get something for him.

SudsMcBucky
08-31-2006, 07:41 AM
I'm not sure the Skins would be all that interested. They just traded for TJ Duckett.

Tony Oday
08-31-2006, 10:26 AM
Trade him to the texans Sherman loves our guys we might get a 1st rounder for him...

Ballboy
08-31-2006, 10:34 AM
I think Beach will get a roster spot. It would be good to trade ND, I would think we would only get a draft pick in return.

Playing the numbers game, I could see TT going into the season with one fullback(Henderson) and four RB's. He could then put Vonta on the practice squad so that he could be called upon if Henderson is hurt. Cutting Beach I would guess another team would pick him up.

MJZiggy
08-31-2006, 10:43 AM
I wonder if they had Samkon training at fullback as a testament to what they really think of Leach?

Willard
08-31-2006, 11:04 AM
I'm not sure the Skins would be all that interested. They just traded for TJ Duckett.

Oops I missed that. Well I thought they would be looking for another runner! DO you know what ATL got in return?

KYPack
08-31-2006, 11:14 AM

Oops I missed that. Well I thought they would be looking for another runner! DO you know what ATL got in return?

Lellie from Denver. Denver gets a 3rd, 3-way trade.

Guiness
08-31-2006, 11:53 AM

TJ to Washington, Lelie to Atl and a 3rd round pick to the Broncos.

Guiness
08-31-2006, 12:01 PM
I think Beach will get a roster spot. It would be good to trade ND, I would think we would only get a draft pick in return.

Playing the numbers game, I could see TT going into the season with one fullback(Henderson) and four RB's. He could then put Vonta on the practice squad so that he could be called upon if Henderson is hurt. Cutting Beach I would guess another team would pick him up.

Leach isn't eligeable for the practice squad - it's for players w/o an accrued season - he has two!

Anyways, I don't like the idea of using the PS to stash players you think you may need later. If you need a player, you can raid anyone's PS. The practice squad should have a QB for scout team purposes, and the other 7 positions used to give players a working interview.

Fritz
08-31-2006, 12:06 PM

TJ to Washington, Lelie to Atl and a 3rd round pick to the Broncos.

Boy, Denver cleaned up in that trade. A third for Lelie? Dang.