PDA

View Full Version : Washington'g NFL team continues to troll

Guiness
06-24-2014, 02:48 PM
Washington'g NFL team continues to troll - they made a Twitter/Instagram post asking which of the cheerleader uniforms is the favorite. See anything in this picture that could perhaps, I don't know, anger some people?

http://instagram.com/p/poWTQrPR7c/#
http://scontent-b-ord.cdninstagram.com/hphotos-xap1/t51.2885-15/925530_299311366912792_961434064_n.jpg

MadScientist
06-24-2014, 03:18 PM
I think someone in their PR department is actually trying to get the name changed. They have a pattern of actions that can't just be attributed to 'clueless incompetence'.

mraynrand
06-24-2014, 04:34 PM
please explain what exactly you find offensive

Freak Out
06-24-2014, 04:39 PM
Lot's of Redskins in that shoot. I love it!

Joemailman
06-24-2014, 04:42 PM
please explain what exactly you find offensive

The one on the far left isn't showing any cleavage at all. You don't find that offensive?

MadtownPacker
06-24-2014, 05:58 PM
Washington'g NFL team continues to troll - they made a Twitter/Instagram post asking which of the cheerleader uniforms is the favorite. See anything in this picture that could perhaps, I don't know, anger some people?
Are you talking about the Washington REDSKINS NFL team? (Get over that bullshit)

I'm angry that none of them are straight up naked.

bobblehead
06-24-2014, 07:39 PM
I confess to being blind/stupid...what is so offensive??

Guiness
06-24-2014, 08:56 PM
Are you talking about the Washington REDSKINS NFL team? (Get over that bullshit)

I'm angry that none of them are straight up naked.

I wasn't commenting on what I may or may not find offensive - I was saying it's not like the person posting that is unaware of the situation, and that is just plain antagonistic!

Maybe Mad Scientist is right, and someone in the PR dept has an agenda, or Snyder is getting his jollies out of thumbing his nose at all those who keep insisting he should do something.

Guiness
06-24-2014, 08:57 PM
I confess to being blind/stupid...what is so offensive??

you're kidding...right?

gbgary
06-24-2014, 10:21 PM
that's going to prompt a congressional hearing. lol

denverYooper
06-25-2014, 08:16 AM
They're promoting diversity, right?

Teamcheez1
06-25-2014, 09:05 AM
you're kidding...right?

Are you part of the PC brigade?

wist43
06-25-2014, 09:10 AM
I find that the chick in the yellow is too chunky and muttly to ever be considered a cheerleader. Are you offended that there is only 1 blond??

I'll take the 2 asians and the chick on the far left... uber-hot!!!

You can keep the rest ;)

mraynrand
06-25-2014, 09:10 AM
you're kidding...right?

enlighten us. Spell it out.

wist43
06-25-2014, 09:16 AM

The PC Police don't have to prove anything to the likes of you - you, you neanderthal!!!

I'm gonna tell!!!

Guiness
06-25-2014, 10:29 AM

Too good calling me PC! LOL!

Can't believe I'm doing this, but in case some of you don't see how publishing that photo could cause some people to get upset (I highly doubt this, I might add) the team sanctioned publishing of a picture of a Redskinette dressed as a squaw is going to stoke the fire that's already started there. Not that they seem to care.

KYPack
06-25-2014, 11:51 AM
I'm with Mad.

These chickies are dressed for a polar expedition.

Let's get a little skin workin' here.

Just Jeff
06-25-2014, 11:52 AM
I understand that arabs might be offended by this but if you're going to wear short short, you got to have camel toe.

mraynrand
06-25-2014, 12:17 PM

Can't believe I'm doing this, but in case some of you don't see how publishing that photo could cause some people to get upset (I highly doubt this, I might add) the team sanctioned publishing of a picture of a Redskinette dressed as a squaw is going to stoke the fire that's already started there. Not that they seem to care.

I didn't call you PC.

How is a cheerleader dressed as a squaw offensive?

Guiness
06-25-2014, 12:57 PM
I didn't call you PC.

How is a cheerleader dressed as a squaw offensive?

Christ you can be a bastard!:duel:

True enough, you didn't (directly), but the topic was raised and I'd submit that you inferred it. In a fashion that gives you plausible deniability and continue the argument, of course.

Regardless, I just find this amusing. Mostly I believe that it's impossible the person posting the picture did not know it would be inflammatory, and did so despite, or perhaps because of, that.

wist43
06-25-2014, 01:06 PM

You're the one who brought it up... why would you bring it up, unless you are PC offended??

First thing I thought was - the chick in the squaw outfit is smokin hot.
Second thought?? - the asian chicks are entirely hittable.
Third thought?? - the black chick on the left is okay.
Fourth thought?? - the chick in yellow is thick and muggly.

Your first thought?? 'Someone will get their panties in a twist'?? WTF?? Are you gay??

mraynrand
06-25-2014, 01:46 PM

True enough, you didn't (directly), but the topic was raised and I'd submit that you inferred it. In a fashion that gives you plausible deniability and continue the argument, of course.

Regardless, I just find this amusing. Mostly I believe that it's impossible the person posting the picture did not know it would be inflammatory, and did so despite, or perhaps because of, that.

I didn't imply a damn thing. I wanted someone who posted this to explain what is offensive.

Perhaps the point that is being made by the person who posted this is to illustrate how non-offensive it is (any more than cowboy cheerleaders, for example), unless you find scantily-clad women offensive.

This is manufactured inflammation, by the ruling Left class that needs people to be continually inflamed, to distract from what they're doing and to keep the people constantly agitated. We have always been at war with Oceana.

For something like the squaw outfit to be offensive, someone had to manufacture outrage, because there is nothing inherently offensive about Indian/Native American outfits, and there is no intent here to denigrate anyone.

You (leftists, not Guiness) don't get to decide what is outrageous! You are NOT a God!
http://www.dangermouse.net/blog/images/trek/TheParadiseSyndrome.jpg

Freak Out
06-25-2014, 02:05 PM
lol.

Guiness
06-25-2014, 02:43 PM
I didn't imply a damn thing. I wanted someone who posted this to explain what is offensive.

Perhaps the point that is being made by the person who posted this is to illustrate how non-offensive it is (any more than cowboy cheerleaders, for example), unless you find scantily-clad women offensive.

This is manufactured inflammation, by the ruling Left class that needs people to be continually inflamed, to distract from what they're doing and to keep the people constantly agitated. We have always been at war with Oceana.

For something like the squaw outfit to be offensive, someone had to manufacture outrage, because there is nothing inherently offensive about Indian/Native American outfits, and there is no intent here to denigrate anyone.

You (leftists, not Guiness) don't get to decide what is outrageous! You are NOT a God!

I didn't say offensive, I said they were trolling. That's the major point I was trying to get across, the Redskins posted this despite (or perhaps, because) knowing it was inflammatory, hence my 'trolling' remark.

HowardRoark
06-25-2014, 02:59 PM
Isn't it a historical (the 50 years) visualization of the team's cheerleaders?

Now they have to whitewash their history too?

I see it as a dramatic visual of how they heve become more enlightened over time. I can't wait to see next year......

Tony Oday
06-25-2014, 03:10 PM
I still think they should rename the team the Whiteskins. I mean White is the only color on HMDA information on credit applications so f it lets embrace our whiteness and have a team. It could be an insurance salesman, father of three, little overweight, depressed suburb guy as the mascot :) State Farm would get the naming rights on the field. Also the team has to start with 2 wins per year because hell we are white and we have white privilege so its just like our "being white male" check we get every month...

wist43
06-25-2014, 03:30 PM
I didn't say offensive, I said they were trolling. That's the major point I was trying to get across, the Redskins posted this despite (or perhaps, because) knowing it was inflammatory, hence my 'trolling' remark.

It's only inflammatory to pantywaste pussies... so why even bring it up??

mraynrand
06-25-2014, 04:08 PM
Isn't it a historical (the 50 years) visualization of the team's cheerleaders?

Now they have to whitewash their history too?

I see it as a dramatic visual of how they heve become more enlightened over time. I can't wait to see next year......

Not much left to the imagination

mraynrand
06-25-2014, 04:10 PM

anger, offend - sorry I can't keep it straight

MadtownPacker
06-25-2014, 04:40 PM
Keep that politics shit out of this Aynrand or join your fallen brothers. Final warning.

mraynrand
06-25-2014, 06:01 PM
Keep that politics shit out of this Aynrand or join your fallen brothers. Final warning.

the topic is political in nature. You know that. Just move it to FYI and no one will have their precious sensibilities damaged.

red
06-25-2014, 07:33 PM
could be worse, the one dressed like Pocahontas could be bent over with a train of guys dressed like pilgrims lined up, going to town on her, while her dead indian husband lays in the background

Freak Out
06-25-2014, 07:36 PM
This is my kind of Redskin! http://mitteleuropa.x10.mx/files/es_eiger_sanction_clint_eastwood_frame_20091204154 657.jpg

red
06-25-2014, 07:45 PM
well that'll get this moved to the garbage can, i don't think the natives had implants like that

i don't see a problem with her dressed like that. the argument isn't over the indian imagery (no ones bitching about the blackhawks, or braves, or indians) its the name they use. i don't know if its as bad as they say about it being just as bad as calling a black guy a nigger (not meant to offend, sorry if it does), but i would think its a lot like an LA team calling themselves the wetbacks, or the san fransisco chinks

Freak Out
06-25-2014, 08:41 PM
You never see the Eiger Sanction Red?

red
06-25-2014, 08:44 PM
You never see the Eiger Sanction Red?

can't say i have

Freak Out
06-25-2014, 09:10 PM
Worth a watch just to see those tits. Good movie as well.

woodbuck27
06-25-2014, 09:14 PM
well that'll get this moved to the garbage can, i don't think the natives had implants like that

i don't see a problem with her dressed like that. the argument isn't over the indian imagery (no ones bitching about the blackhawks, or braves, or indians) its the name they use. i don't know if its as bad as they say about it being just as bad as calling a black guy a nigger (not meant to offend, sorry if it does), but i would think its a lot like an LA team calling themselves the wetbacks, or the san fransisco chinks

This is a solid and pertinent post that addresses Guiness's query or at least the original question of the native complaint..

All the political inference drafted into Guiness's post is nonsence. The rest of the posts are mostly funny.

By the way...wist43...Guiness isn't GAY How his thread and stance might even raise that question is amazing bullshit.

woodbuck27
06-25-2014, 09:22 PM

Good job.

Everyone but mraynrand should understand you now.

woodbuck27
06-25-2014, 09:28 PM
anger, offend - sorry I can't keep it straight

Edited to what it really needs to be:

Nothing.

MadtownPacker
06-25-2014, 09:38 PM
the topic is political in nature. You know that. Just move it to FYI and no one will have their precious sensibilities damaged.
I don't recall asking your opinion. See you whenever you get your ban removed.

red
06-25-2014, 09:46 PM
Worth a watch just to see those tits. Good movie as well.

they do make me want to check it out

Freak Out
06-25-2014, 09:50 PM
You banned Rand?

Joemailman
06-25-2014, 09:58 PM
You banned Rand?

Nothing like shutting down one of the few people who still post here regularly.

Pugger
06-25-2014, 11:35 PM
I find that the chick in the yellow is too chunky and muttly to ever be considered a cheerleader. Are you offended that there is only 1 blond??

I'll take the 2 asians and the chick on the far left... uber-hot!!!

You can keep the rest ;)

I wouldn't mind being as chunky as the gal in yellow...

Guiness
06-25-2014, 11:57 PM

Actually...
http://www.cbssports.com/mlb/eye-on-baseball/24597118/native-american-group-planning-9-billion-lawsuit-against-the-indians

I can't believe I just posted that after the flak I took over the last one! Don't shoot the messenger, I'm just passing it along!

pbmax
06-26-2014, 12:30 AM
We have been over this a bunch of times. But since everyone else is repeating themselves:

Braves and Indians are just bad team nicknames and should be dumped. Blackhawks, Seminoles, Sioux and Illini are at least accurate (historical or political) names and there are ongoing attempts to keep connected to the people these names refer to or the symbols represent by the colleges who used the names. Could be wrong about the pro hockey team, don't know much about that backstory.

The Marquette Warriors should have approached the tribes still in Wisconsin earlier and I bet they could have kept it going.

The Redskins name is an insult and that squaw is simply cultural appropriation. Little to no influence as to the appearance and use of those symbols is held by the people they represent. Snyder has only recently made moves to try to speak with them and his efforts so far have been ham handed. They retain no connection to their history and whatever meaning the ceremonial costume had is lost when it appears on a cheerleader. The fact that it hasn't reappeared in 40 years says all you need to know. And as I have said before, no indigenous person has ever seem penny one from the owners of the Redskins when they license those images.

The Celtics draw from a fan base who are ancestors of the immigrants the name refers to.

The Fighting Irish have a college president, trustees, donors, alumni, students and fans who are Irish Catholics.

The Cowboys perform in a state that famously HAD Cowboys and cattle to drive to market. But their cheerleaders aren't dressed like Cowboys (I don' think the boots count) and the players certainly aren't. There was the one fan who dressed like a Macy's Dept store idea of a Cowboy, but I haven't seen him in years. But as Cowboy was a profession, its more like naming a minor league baseball team the Loggers than it is similar to Redskins.

bobblehead
06-26-2014, 06:05 AM

Yea, see its like this. Their team mascot is the Indian chief wearing full headdress, so I can't possibly see how having a cheerleader dressed as a squaw is offensive. If you are generally offended by any team mascot involving Indians then ok, that is fine, but this picture isn't anything NEW to be offended over. This picture is simply moving forward with the team theme. If the position of the team is that they are doing nothing to be ashamed of, then NOT publishing this picture would be admission of guilt.

bobblehead
06-26-2014, 06:08 AM

Except that it isn't offensive. No more so than the leprechaun at Notre Dame games, or the Cowboy cheerleaders.

bobblehead
06-26-2014, 06:12 AM
By the way...wist43...Guiness isn't GAY How his thread and stance might even raise that question is amazing bullshit.

Are you sure Guiness isn't gay? The fact that you feel the need to defend against the accusation implies that you think there is something wrong with being gay. Are you a homophobe, or do you just hate gay people?

hoosier
06-26-2014, 07:26 AM
Guiness, this is Rand's senior picture from high school. Maybe now you will grasp that his incomprehension is sincere. :-)

http://static.tweentribune.com/uploads/imagecache/600/blackface_600_10-30-13.jpg

wist43
06-26-2014, 09:19 AM
Are you sure Guiness isn't gay? The fact that you feel the need to defend against the accusation implies that you think there is something wrong with being gay. Are you a homophobe, or do you just hate gay people?

Too funny, lol... :lol:

gbgary
06-26-2014, 06:36 PM
This is my kind of Redskin! http://mitteleuropa.x10.mx/files/es_eiger_sanction_clint_eastwood_frame_20091204154 657.jpg

ah...the eiger sanction.

she was in one of the dirty harry movies too...the dead pool i think.

pbmax
07-02-2014, 10:26 AM
How to do it properly, courtesy of the US Military:

https://medium.com/war-is-boring/everyone-relax-the-armys-native-american-helicopter-names-are-not-racist-d21beb55d782

1. Don't be an entertainment conglomerate that likes to view itself as a vital national resource

2. Do be a vital national resource that actually employs members of the constituencies involved

3. Talk to people not in your employ