PDA

View Full Version : Bring Back Roman

Partial
08-29-2006, 07:42 AM
Never thought i'd say this, but Roman appears to be a more solid in-game tackler than Manual. I can think of one play where 6 packers missed the tackle, including Manual with a clear shot at the runner.

chewy-bacca
08-29-2006, 07:43 AM
its been one game for him. Yes last night was bad, but come on...one game, and it didnt even count.

Zool
08-29-2006, 07:52 AM
I havent gone back to watch the tape or anything, but M&M was actually hitting people hard....when he actually made contact.

chewy-bacca
08-29-2006, 07:53 AM
Is it me, or are the way to many "M"\ "MM" names round here? :lol:

Cobra Kai
08-29-2006, 08:16 AM
Wasn't he playing last night, wearing #22??? :wink:

Partial
08-29-2006, 08:23 AM
Ok guys, so I wasn't serious, but Culver looked better to me than Manual. Maybe it was just that the front 7 was getting served so badly that Manual couldn't make any plays.

Astonishment
08-29-2006, 08:25 AM
Manuel was bound to be rusty after sitting out most of training camp, but yeah Roman would have been better tonight. It is a good thing the season didn't start tonight, in the end I still think Manuel will be an upgrade over Roman.

mmmdk
08-29-2006, 08:49 AM
Ok guys, so I wasn't serious, but Culver looked better to me than Manual. Maybe it was just that the front 7 was getting served so badly that Manual couldn't make any plays.

So you say your first assessment of Manuel was not serious!? Still, I call 'intentional grounding' hence loss of down and 10 yards from previous spot. :smile:

Sure Culver looked better than Manuel...in preseason! But again, before the season is over, Culver could steal Manuel's starting position.

PS - Does anybody remember the whining from last season on JSO ? The whining's starting early (this season).

Partial
08-29-2006, 08:53 AM

So you say your first assessment of Manuel was not serious!? Still, I call 'intentional grounding' hence loss of down and 10 yards from previous spot. :smile:

Sure Culver looked better than Manuel...in preseason! But again, before the season is over, Culver could steal Manuel's starting position.

PS - Does anybody remember the whining from last season on JSO ? The whining's starting early (this season).

With good cause, when players were fighting for spots last night they gave up. Our starters were outplayed by Cinncinati's back-ups

mmmdk
08-29-2006, 09:03 AM
With good cause, when players were fighting for spots last night they gave up. Our starters were outplayed by Cinncinati's back-ups[/quote]

I saw the game; not much good came from it. The OL sucks and the tackling was atrocious. Still, I don't expect much this season yet could all be (sorta) good with an 8-8 season. I do expect to see a glimpse of the future; young players developing and some even become probowlers. We'll see and all in good time !

MuttnJeff
08-29-2006, 09:34 AM
Sounds like Roman has some chance of winning a starting job in San Fran.

http://www.mercurynews.com/mld/mercurynews/sports/football/nfl/san_francisco_49ers/15386134.htm

Thompson might have had good reasons to can Roman beyond his abilities as a player. But on the face of it, it seemed foolish to release Roman prior to the preseason. Summer injuries can deplete depth quickly.

mmmdk
08-29-2006, 09:51 AM
Sounds like Roman has some chance of winning a starting job in San Fran.

http://www.mercurynews.com/mld/mercurynews/sports/football/nfl/san_francisco_49ers/15386134.htm

Thompson might have had good reasons to can Roman beyond his abilities as a player. But on the face of it, it seemed foolish to release Roman prior to the preseason. Summer injuries can deplete depth quickly.

I still say that Roman is mediocre but more power to Roman and the 49ers defensive coordinator :roll: