PDA

View Full Version : Johnny Jolly Cleared By His Doc

pbmax
06-29-2014, 08:51 AM
ProFootballTalk ‏@ProFootballTalk 1h
Johnny Jolly cleared by his doctors after neck surgery http://bit.ly/1qnONIE

Jack Bechta told the Green Bay Press-Gazette that his client has been cleared by his doctors after the C-5/C-6 spinal fusion surgery and is just waiting for calls from interested teams.

http://www.packersnews.com/story/sports/nfl/packers/2014/06/28/green-bay-packers-defensive-line-ryan-pickett-johnny-jolly/11640681/?sf27904902=1

Upnorth
06-29-2014, 09:33 AM
Cleared by his doctor and cleared by ours is two different worlds

Pugger
06-29-2014, 09:54 AM
We might be bringing him back. We still haven't filled Franklin's TC roster spot yet...

Joemailman
06-29-2014, 10:03 AM
Cleared by his doctor and cleared by ours is two different worlds

It's been suggested though that Jolly's injury is more like Sean Richardson's, whereas Finley's injury is more like Nick Collins'. Jolly might have a chance especially if Jerel Worthy stays on the sidelines or is cut. i

red
06-29-2014, 10:37 AM
bring him in and check him out, if it looks good, sign him up

he was one of the few team leaders on D last year

smuggler
06-29-2014, 06:16 PM
Hoping Jolly can get one more contract and keep his life straight. The injury was definitely ill-timed for him. He played well early in the season before getting injured.

pittstang5
06-29-2014, 06:17 PM
bring him in and check him out.......

And I bet that's what the Packers are going to do. Problem is, he might be on PUP to start the season, just like Richardson was.

The Shadow
06-29-2014, 07:31 PM
Jolly's attitude, as well as skill set, could prove valuable. Give him a chance.

gbgary
06-29-2014, 09:34 PM
bring him in and check him out, if it looks good, sign him up

he was one of the few team leaders on D last year

this!

Fritz
06-30-2014, 12:25 PM
He's probably going to be one of those guys the Packers will have on their list of "in reserve, on the street" players - if someone gets hurt, he can be signed and up to speed quickly.

I think Jerel Worthy's going to get every chance to prove himself.

Pugger
06-30-2014, 01:17 PM
He's probably going to be one of those guys the Packers will have on their list of "in reserve, on the street" players - if someone gets hurt, he can be signed and up to speed quickly.

I think Jerel Worthy's going to get every chance to prove himself.

Pickett might be another one on that list.

gbgary
06-30-2014, 08:04 PM
if the Packers don't get them someone else will. they won't be sitting there unsigned by training camp.

Teamcheez1
06-30-2014, 08:11 PM
Pickett might be another one on that list.

Pickett (to me) is a player of last resort. At his age, he is always going to be playing with at least one bad wheel. So I agree on one hand that he could fill a role when called upon, but I feel he will be greatly slowed by nagging injuries for whatever team he plays on.

Carolina_Packer
07-06-2014, 03:34 PM
Isn't Pickett a NT only? God forbid Raji goes down in TC, but if he did, would you want the Packers to call Pickett? If he hasn't been signed by now, it isn't likely he will be before camp opens. It doesn't make a lot of sense to have him on the bench as a backup, even if he's making the veteran minimum. TT doesn't tend to keep 1 year vets as reserves, like some teams do. He likes to develop younger guys.

pbmax
07-06-2014, 05:57 PM
Isn't Pickett a NT only? God forbid Raji goes down in TC, but if he did, would you want the Packers to call Pickett? If he hasn't been signed by now, it isn't likely he will be before camp opens. It doesn't make a lot of sense to have him on the bench as a backup, even if he's making the veteran minimum. TT doesn't tend to keep 1 year vets as reserves, like some teams do. He likes to develop younger guys.

If he went down for the season and Pick was still around, I would almost expect it.

However, they have clearly stockpiled two position players to prevent injuries from derailing plans and personnel groupings. Unlike Pickett, who is only a NT at this point, Raji, Guion and Boyd could conceivably play both NT and 3-5 tech if necessary.